What Character has the most buffs?

Blood__Dem - Nyos
Blood__Dem - Nyos Posts: 12 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Class Discussion
Out of complete curiosity, and for the fact i couldnt find any posts on this already, i was wondering what character and tree talent had the:

1) most buffs

2) best buffs

and to generally understand buffs in FW a bit more
anyone experienced enough to help?

ty
Post edited by Blood__Dem - Nyos on

Comments

• MelodyMan - Storm Legion
    MelodyMan - Storm Legion Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Out of complete curiosity, and for the fact i couldnt find any posts on this already, i was wondering what character and tree talent had the:

1) most buffs

2) best buffs

and to generally understand buffs in FW a bit more
    anyone experienced enough to help?

ty

Bards would come in first, And priest probably second,

Also i would personally say wind bards would have the best buffing on attack, light bards on defence and divine priests on hp,

Any kind of bard has: surge,ice wind, courage,majesty, baptism, fantasy,a speed one, and one tree specific one.

While priest have, hp, one for a little mastery, eva and crit defense, and one for an % of defence, barely noticeable, and one single target speed buff.

so bards = 7
    Priests=4? 5 if you count the level 55 divine bubble as a buff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Awesome Siggy Made By Kunal =)
  • Blood__Dem - Nyos
    Blood__Dem - Nyos Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Bards would come in first, And priest probably second,

Also i would personally say wind bards would have the best buffing on attack, light bards on defence and divine priests on hp,

Any kind of bard has: surge,ice wind, courage,majesty, baptism, fantasy,a speed one, and one tree specific one.

While priest have, hp, one for a little mastery, eva and crit defense, and one for an % of defence, barely noticeable, and one single target speed buff.

so bards = 7
    Priests=4? 5 if you count the level 55 divine bubble as a buff.

aaah ty :D
  • KingBards - Illyfue
    KingBards - Illyfue Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i couldn't agree more but bard's buff may take some time to activate and they don't last longer compared to priest's. -resource: i'm a wind bard-
  • plusonecharisma
    plusonecharisma Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I dont count all of those as party buffs, some of them are combat modifiers. They improve atk or def but are not stand alone buffs. Also when comparing party buffs, you probably want to take into acct, rune supplemented buffs too.

When comparing combat modifiers dont be fulled by the ones that make you look like your doing more damage. Often times, the targeted debuffs are much better even tho they lack the wow factor and survivability buffs are more helpful for the avg party.

So, what do I think if the best party buffing class? Im not sure but it sure as hell aint sin or vamp.

So what do I think is the best targeted debuff? The Precision MM's maxed Hunter's mark.
  • noxshadow1
    noxshadow1 Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So what do I think is the best targeted debuff? The Precision MM's maxed Hunter's mark.

Well now I'm gonna chip in one more for the Bards. Rhapsody of Wind may be seen as an attack by most people, but in fact most Bard attacks that are part of their tree element work as decent debuffs as well. Rhapsody reduces target defense by 1.5%+75, reduces Wind Resistance by 45, can dismount (but who really cares), reduces healing effect by 30% (if you're skilled for it) and even throws in a couple positive buffs for the Bard with a +3% increase to crit chance, a +45 acc for that skill specifically and +30% increase to damage if you already have a C chord activated.

Since most...if not all of what the Bard does is via combat though, almost nothing is "stand alone". That was one of the aspects that helped balance out the strength of their buffs...they could only last so long as combat did, with the exception being Courage for Wind-type Bards only.

In all though I wouldn't say Bards have the MOST buffs.

- Surge, Courage, Majesty, Fantasy, Baptism, Song of **** (Ice Wind isn't exactly a buff...more like the chance to activate a debuff really).

vs

- Blessing of Fortune, Blessing of Tenacity, Blessing of Life, Vigorous Blessing plus a couple others that I fail to remember...

In the end I'd say they're tied. Also in a tied category...Sins and Vampires. It's all take...take...take, very little give. Makes me wish my bard buffs could be selective!
  • leviathal
    leviathal Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    noxshadow1 wrote: »
    Well now I'm gonna chip in one more for the Bards. Rhapsody of Wind may be seen as an attack by most people, but in fact most Bard attacks that are part of their tree element work as decent debuffs as well. Rhapsody reduces target defense by 1.5%+75, reduces Wind Resistance by 45, can dismount (but who really cares), reduces healing effect by 30% (if you're skilled for it) and even throws in a couple positive buffs for the Bard with a +3% increase to crit chance, a +45 acc for that skill specifically and +30% increase to damage if you already have a C chord activated.

Since most...if not all of what the Bard does is via combat though, almost nothing is "stand alone". That was one of the aspects that helped balance out the strength of their buffs...they could only last so long as combat did, with the exception being Courage for Wind-type Bards only.

- Surge, Courage, Majesty, Fantasy, Baptism, Song of **** (Ice Wind isn't exactly a buff...more like the chance to activate a debuff really).

vs

- Blessing of Fortune, Blessing of Tenacity, Blessing of Life, Vigorous Blessing plus a couple others that I fail to remember...

In the end I'd say they're tied. Also in a tied category...Sins and Vampires. It's all take...take...take, very little give. Makes me wish my bard buffs could be selective!
    Sins and vamps give very little XD So you call making use of the buffs to take down a boss faster,or picking off aggro from straggling trash that get to the healer.Not giving anything to the group?Of course sins are not meant to be an assist class,that is if you have enough common sense to realize it.If you want to be selective in who you give your buffs to and it takes longer to take down a boss,or there are countless wipes because of it.You are clearly an idiot sir.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once a word has been allowed to escape, it cannot be recalled.-Horace
  • parking
    parking Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    edited June 2012

vs

What kind of an Idiot are you? Vamps are one of the best solo classes and add DPS to the group. To selectively NOT buff a Vamp in your group would be one of the mot stupid Idiotic moronic things you could do,, Might as well just boot them after you get into the instance so you dont have to share drops ...

Dont Buff Sins ?? M0R0N !! Plain and simple,, Before Sins got Nerfed in Jan Venoms?( might be anothert tree) could actually SOLO WBS !! Sins STILL have att modifiers built into thier skillz ...

IMHO you are an Idiotic Moron who needs to actually play EVERY Char to see what they actually do in a group and what role they perform in an Instance ...

FYI,, Ive been in pure VAMP GLs,, It was Hilarious and one of the best GL I was ever in
    Pure Inferno Mage GT !!! ROFL !!!!
    Pure ferno MM GT or GL,, WOOT !!
    Now this wont work in other instance by a long shot But just try to do some
    Instances with a Sin cracking 58K critz
    You cant fix STUPID, but YOU CAN KILL IT ! ! !
    FYI:90% of my post is sarcasm,read it again and figure it out!
  • plusonecharisma
    plusonecharisma Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    leviathal wrote: »
    Sins and vamps give very little XD So you call making use of the buffs to take down a boss faster,or picking off aggro from straggling trash that get to the healer.Not giving anything to the group?Of course sins are not meant to be an assist class,that is if you have enough common sense to realize it.If you want to be selective in who you give your buffs to and it takes longer to take down a boss,or there are countless wipes because of it.You are clearly an idiot sir.

What can a sin do that another class can not do better? Only hide in a corner.
    Now vamps can do a little bit of everything but they do nothing well enough to fill the role on their own. aoe - nope, healer - nope, tank - nope, dps - only in bursts, nothing substainable.
  • leviathal
    leviathal Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Have you played the assassin class?If you have then you tell me what exactly they supposedly can not do.If you haven't then close your noise hole.Then come back and let me know when you have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once a word has been allowed to escape, it cannot be recalled.-Horace
  • noxshadow1
    noxshadow1 Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Wow...people seriously need to learn when someone is being sarcastic and joking.

You honestly think anyone who plays a Bard is going to actually WANT to be selective with their buffs? Even removing one person takes away a large chunk of the overall party damage (5 players + 1100 attack bonus = 5500 additional attack overall...-1100 attack doesn't seem very logical even to an idiot now does it?), making the fight last longer and possibly putting the Bard in harms way.

It's a joke people. A satire if you will...on the irony of the fact that the strongest DPSers in the game are also the ones who are the least supportive. It's a piece of humor directed at the fact the original topic of discussion was "What Character Has The Most Buffs".

Learn to lighten up...
  • Tiyon - Storm Legion
    Tiyon - Storm Legion Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Wow...people seriously need to learn when someone is being sarcastic and joking.

You honestly think anyone who plays a Bard is going to actually WANT to be selective with their buffs? Even removing one person takes away a large chunk of the overall party damage (5 players + 1100 attack bonus = 5500 additional attack overall...-1100 attack doesn't seem very logical even to an idiot now does it?), making the fight last longer and possibly putting the Bard in harms way.

It's a joke people. A satire if you will...on the irony of the fact that the strongest DPSers in the game are also the ones who are the least supportive. It's a piece of humor directed at the fact the original topic of discussion was "What Character Has The Most Buffs".

Learn to lighten up...

Hush up Demy, we ALL know you hate Vamps.... QQ

i would say Priest has the most ''functional'' buffs for one simple reason... Bards cannot and will not keep up every buff, they may have 7 buffs but it is impossible to keep more then 4 up....you can activate more, sure, but i can't see it being done where you can reset the buffs at the right time , they can try but one slip up will destroy the entire rotation and may even result in a loss of other buffs, even for a few seconds can be deadly.

Prots have alot of buffs but some can't be used simultaneously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tiyon, Inferno Vampire of the Storm Legion
    Sig by Jyllian
  • Dragomir - Illyfue
    Dragomir - Illyfue Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Overall, bards have the most and the best buffs. They were designed from the get-go as a buffing class, so I think that this is pretty clear.

Priests will come somewhere in the second place, probably a bit over prots.

Now, as for THE best buff in the game... Blood vampires' Invigoration. +20% max hp, +32% attack, +8% healing recieved, and did I mention that it is also a Heal over Time?
    But it's single target, 2 second cast, 6 second cooldown, aaand they have nothing else. Oh, yes, they have a mastery+speed buff from their basic heal, but only when they have their 2-min cd hp buff on.