Pet sleep glitched

Kaigan - Storm Legion
Kaigan - Storm Legion Posts: 121 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
So ive always been wondering since the last biggest patch update on the issue after we did some arena.

So the test invovled me using my pet sleep/Hypnotize so we tested on a group of 3 ppl close together i casted the sleep when they were standing still but it failed the ppl were able to move the very next second. I pmed them asking if any one of them used a badge and they all said no.

So my next test happened to be against our own guild so we tested again, but this time the players were moving around, again came to the same conclusion FAILED.

So my guildy summoned his pet and tested it on us and the same reaction happened the sleep did not hit us but the skill went off.

So im doing what the CS ppl told me to do and report this to the general forums so here it is. Please post your comments.

I only found that this happened after the last big patch update when TW map got reset so any help getting this fixxed would be nice. Thanks.
Post edited by Kaigan - Storm Legion on

Comments

• Atyllene - Lionheart
    Atyllene - Lionheart Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Have you ever read the description of the skill?
    It says it have a chance to sleep a single target. Key word "CHANCE". You should know FW is made all of chances and even at a high percentage they suck. Once i failed a refine chance with 93%, heard of people failed at higher.

The skill also says something about increasing the chance in a certain pet mood, thrilled mood for Hypnotize i think.
  • Kaigan - Storm Legion
    Kaigan - Storm Legion Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So ive been using these skills since god only knows when i had them for a long long long time so i know exactly how these skill work, and what im saying is they dont work right now since the patch, so please dont come on here and say its CHANCE AND PET MOODS

have ss but comp is derping will post soon
  • AllCapsGuy - Storm Legion
    AllCapsGuy - Storm Legion Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So ive been using these skills since god only knows when i had them for a long long long time so i know exactly how these skill work, and what im saying is they dont work right now since the patch, so please dont come on here and say its CHANCE AND PET MOODS

have ss but comp is derping will post soon

Scumbag remark. A simple "they dont work right now since the patch" would have sufficed.

CHECKMATE!
  • Merichk - Eyrda
    Merichk - Eyrda Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Scumbag remark. A simple "they dont work right now since the patch" would have sufficed.

CHECKMATE!

tumblr_lp9z0hIDjP1qhnxnd.gif
  • dantalian12
    dantalian12 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Have you ever read the description of the skill?
    It says it have a chance to sleep a single target. Key word "CHANCE". You should know FW is made all of chances and even at a high percentage they suck. Once i failed a refine chance with 93%, heard of people failed at higher.

The skill also says something about increasing the chance in a certain pet mood, thrilled mood for Hypnotize i think.

He's referring to Mass Hypnotize. It's the pet AOE sleep skill, and it doesn't rely on chance or certain pet moods.

I have the skill on my pet as well, but I have not tested it on others recently. The only reasons I could think of as to why your targets wake up are either they're attacked, they have some sort of bleed skill on them, or your pet attacked the target right after it used the skill. Are you sure you didn't miss anything?

Ah well, you could always submit a ticket and wait for a more helpful answer. :D:D:D
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    How much does it sleep? What's the duration?

Off topic question but I'm considering buying it.
  • dantalian12
    dantalian12 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    How much does it sleep? What's the duration?

Off topic question but I'm considering buying it.

I sent that pet to a journey and won't be back for another 4 hours. But if I remember correctly, it puts 12 targets to sleep for 6 seconds, and the cooldown is 3mins.

Pet is back from journey. Correct description is "Puts 8 targets within 10 meters of the target to sleep for 7 seconds."
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    edited June 2012
    Silence is 5s, so is Ice Seal (I believe, darkbonds enemies basically). I'm just looking for a pet CC that works against water bards lol. My silence is useless.
  • NoGagReflex - Storm Legion
    NoGagReflex - Storm Legion Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Silence is 5s, so is Ice Seal (I believe, darkbonds enemies basically). I'm just looking for a pet CC that works against water bards lol. My silence is useless.

I thought Ice Seal was just a freeze, similar to what a Water Bard or Ice Mage would inflict. I dunno if there's an AoE version, but isn't Exile the dark bonds pet skill?
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    edited June 2012
    I thought Ice Seal was just a freeze, similar to what a Water Bard or Ice Mage would inflict. I dunno if there's an AoE version, but isn't Exile the dark bonds pet skill?
    Yeah, and Ice Seal is basically Mass Exile. :)

Also damn 7 seconds, that's pretty beastly. Better than Ice Seal for CCing/chaining someone out of wrath. I think I'm getting it :p
  • Arizll - Eyrda
    Arizll - Eyrda Posts: 1,551 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yeah, and Ice Seal is basically Mass Exile. :)

Also damn 7 seconds, that's pretty beastly. Better than Ice Seal for CCing/chaining someone out of wrath. I think I'm getting it :p

You need this skill for in guild arena points farming? Or do you see Cest_qui as an enemy soon? :confused:

Anyway I would advice you not to get it first, while they resolve the bug with this skill.
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    edited June 2012
    No I just want to make noobs cry even more.
    /trollface

But seriously, not this again.

Although I don't know how legit this bug complaint is to begin with.
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    edited June 2012
    Wait, I think the names are mixed up.

Iceblast = Mass Exile / Darkbond.
    Mass Ice Seal = Ensnare.

sorry
  • Arizll - Eyrda
    Arizll - Eyrda Posts: 1,551 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    No I just want to make noobs cry even more.
    /trollface

But seriously, not this again.

Although I don't know how legit this bug complaint is to begin with.

It's sorta a legit question though, because I doubt there is any bard outside of Final or Catalyst who can come close to beating you + a priest (since thats what you are doing while carrying someone). Silence is still the better CC imo, except like that what you said, vs water bards.

Well, one way to find out is to test it yourself, but only if you want to potentially pay for something that you can't use.
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    edited June 2012
    It's not just water bards. 7s is alot to chain people out of wrath with a 10s CD transform and Spark Burst. Also, who said I won't have my silence? I'll have both on 2 different pets. I'm actually thinking of getting Mass Iceblast just for being able to chain with Darkbond also... :D