test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cheapest Computer

Ashaw - EyrdaAshaw - Eyrda Posts: 1,127 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Off-Topic Discussion
Anyone know a cheap computer that will run Forsaken World with no lag and loads instances fairly good.

My current computer takes so long to load a instance that I usually get kicked out of every other instance.

I don't care if its in Low graphics either. I been having lag and slow gameplay this whole time and I it makes PvP nearly impossible... It is starting to bother me now.

anywhere from $100-300

If less then $100 thin sure but i don't think people sell them for less.
Post edited by Ashaw - Eyrda on
Class Choosing Guide -
fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188881

Race Choosing Guide -
fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=193701

They know I'm right -
fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3587381&postcount=43

[SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
I dont play Ashaw anymore -_- its a boring class

Comments

• Firebat - EyrdaFirebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Anyone know a cheap computer that will run Forsaken World with no lag and loads instances fairly good.

My current computer takes so long to load a instance that I usually get kicked out of every other instance.

I don't care if its in Low graphics either. I been having lag and slow gameplay this whole time and I it makes PvP nearly impossible... It is starting to bother me now.

Build your own for $300ish... Newegg.com

Crazy simple, most parts only fit in one slot, so you can't **** up too bad.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • Faust - EyrdaFaust - Eyrda Posts: 922 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    anything with a decent graphics card and a modest amount of RAM could run it.
    Trash will always be trash, no matter how well it dresses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ashaw - EyrdaAshaw - Eyrda Posts: 1,127 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Build your own for $300ish... Newegg.com

Crazy simple, most parts only fit in one slot, so you can't **** up too bad.

I don't have a credit card, debit card, or any bank account... I want a computer that I can go to walmart or something. I am gana try to pay for it with my tips. I get like $140+ in tips a week.
    Class Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188881

Race Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=193701

They know I'm right -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3587381&postcount=43

[SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
    I dont play Ashaw anymore -_- its a boring class
    edited June 2012
    I don't have a credit card, debit card, or any bank account... I want a computer that I can go to walmart or something. I am gana try to pay for it with my tips. I get like $140+ in tips a week.

Walmart comes are **** and overpriced. Go get a prepaid Walmart moneycard ... It's $3, to load cash on it and acts like a debit card.... I used to use them all the time
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • Faust - EyrdaFaust - Eyrda Posts: 922 Arc User
    edited June 2012

what Firebat said, or just go to a CVS or something and get a prepaid visa. there's got to be a independent computer shop in your town or something. there's like 3 in mine.
    Trash will always be trash, no matter how well it dresses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kirenomaikirenomai Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012

anywhere from $100-300

If less then $100 thin sure but i don't think people sell them for less.

I'm sorry dude, you won't find any relatively decent computer for 100 dollars.
    A Graphics card that could run this game on high would cost you about 100 dollars.
    A Graphics card that could run this game on low would cost you 40-50.

If anything, find a PC that you would like and put it on layaway with payments over time. That's the best I could think of right now.
    edited June 2012
    kirenomai wrote: »
    A Graphics card that could run this game on high would cost you about 100 dollars.

If anything, find a PC that you would like and put it on layaway with payments over time. That's the best I could think of right now.

Nice reading abilities... And knowledge.....

Sigh.

The integrated graphics on my laptop can run this game smoothly with no lag.... Which fits his requirements. So... Yea....
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
  • Kageras - EyrdaKageras - Eyrda Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Nice reading abilities... And knowledge.....

Sigh.

The integrated graphics on my laptop can run this game smoothly with no lag.... Which fits his requirements. So... Yea....
    Can't tell if sarcastic.

By computer, I would've assumed he meant PC, like, a Desktop.
    If he had stated laptop, then it would've been a totally different story.

Edit: Also, if you wanted to help OP you'd state the make and model of your laptop.
    Random comments don't help :p
    If you are going to troll, have the decency to do it right. - Kageras
    edited June 2012
    Can't tell if sarcastic.

Edit: Also, if you wanted to help OP you'd state the make and model of your laptop.

.... Wow you are dumb.

Point is you dont need a dedicated graphics card to play with no lag.

Laptop or desktop is irrelevant. My laptop has two 1gb graphics cards linked in SLI and i don't even bother using them for this game.

EDIT: here, let me dumb it down for you. Game doesn't give two crabs about half of the parts in your computer. If his computer is less than 5 years old, he can probably get by with a $90 motherboard / CPU combo and reuse his RAM and hard drive. Oh look... Easy fix for lag free low settings PVP.

Or... He can go to newegg and get a completed tower for $300 and have the same effect.

Ask Aishleen how crappy of a computer you need to own at PvP.... Windows xp ftw
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    edited June 2012
    .... Wow you are dumb.

Point is you dont need a dedicated graphics card to play with no lag.

Laptop or desktop is irrelevant. My laptop has two 1gb graphics cards linked in SLI and i don't even bother using them for this game.

Wow you're a complete jerk.
    What compelled you to comment back to me?
    *EDIT:I never stated you needed a dedicated card to play without lag, I never stated you needed a dedicated card in the FIRST place.*

Also, I never asked about your laptop, NOR do I care, my PC is far superior anyway.

You fail to comprehend my statement, and are now deemed completely inadequate of forum debate.
    Good day Sir/Madam, and be sure the thread closes on your way out.
    edited June 2012

Also, I never asked about your laptop, NOR do I care, my PC is far superior anyway.

You fail to comprehend my statement, and are now deemed completely inadequate of forum debate.

Actually, you did ask about my laptop... Your Edit in the post I quoted. Lrn2read. And I have been debating on this forum longer than you will ever know, not my fault you know nothing of the topics you pretend to post about.

Your first two posts are a credit to your intelligence. Welcome to the forums, now stfu and respect your elders.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    edited June 2012
    Actually, you did ask about my laptop... Your Edit in the post I quoted. Lrn2read. And I have been debating on this forum longer than you will ever know, not my fault you know nothing of the topics you pretend to post about.

Lol, I know nothing of topics?
    Yeah, sure, I edited what? 1 sentence in my post.

I didn't ask about YOUR laptop.
    You need to learn how to read.
    edited June 2012

Would you like to rephrase that? You didn't ask about my laptop? Do you forget what you type that quickly?
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    edited June 2012
    And let me clarify

"Edit: Also, if you wanted to help OP you'd state the make and model of your laptop.
    Random comments don't help "

I didn't ASK you for your laptop. Since you were over there boasting over how you don't play with lag, I had stated if you wanted to help the OP make a decision, then you'd post your model.

I never asked YOU specificially, nor will I.
    GG man.
    edited June 2012
    And let me clarify

"Edit: Also, if you wanted to help OP you'd state the make and model of your laptop.
    Random comments don't help "

I didn't ASK you for your laptop. Since you were over there boasting over how you don't play with lag, I had stated if you wanted to help the OP make a decision, then you'd post your model.

I never asked YOU specificially, nor will I.
    GG man.

Quoting my post.... Using "your"..... Yep. Not about me at all.

GG indeed.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    edited June 2012
    Your first two posts are a credit to your intelligence. Welcome to the forums, now stfu and respect your elders.

Are you delusional?
    I made this account today, that doesn't mean I haven't been on the forums by PWE.

Respect your elders? Oh man you make me laugh.
    I've been in these forums since 2009.

Also, I won't "stfu", quite frankly because you're one of the most irate members I've ever seen on a community since 4chan.
    edited June 2012
    Are you delusional?
    I made this account today, that doesn't mean I haven't been on the forums by PWE.

Respect your elders? Oh man you make me laugh.
    I've been in these forums since 2009.

Also, I won't "stfu", quite frankly because you're one of the most irate members I've ever seen on a community since 4chan.

Only 2009?

And i love mudkipz
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
  • Dragomir - IllyfueDragomir - Illyfue Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Really, any modern computer can play this game... the engine is old and can run on any machine - granted, it runs like a jet-ski on gravel on even the best rigs, but it runs nontheless. It is also almost entirely CPU-based, so even a $600+ dual SLi will not make that much of a difference vs your average card designed for playing video files...

You only need a semi-decent CPU to play this thing properly... the i3 on my laptop could manage to run this respectably on full settings and 1600x900 (in non-crowded areas) ... hell, even a sodding Celeron should be able to run this without any significant lag on low settings...

Btw, just to inform you people: ain't nobody gonna mess with Firebat in these forums and make it out alive... Ain't nobody...
    Choose your actions wisely...
    edited June 2012
    Really, any modern computer can play this game... the engine is old and can run on any machine - granted, it runs like a jet-ski on gravel on even the best rigs, but it runs nontheless. It is also almost entirely CPU-based, so even a $600+ dual SLi will not make that much of a difference vs your average card designed for playing video files...

You only need a semi-decent CPU to play this thing properly... the i3 on my laptop could manage to run this respectably on full settings and 1600x900 (in non-crowded areas) ... hell, even a sodding Celeron should be able to run this without any significant lag on low settings...

Btw, just to inform you people: ain't nobody gonna mess with Firebat in these forums and make it out alive... Ain't nobody...
    Choose your actions wisely...

LOL.. but yep. There are people playing this on acer aspire ones... This mini notebooks with 1gb RAM and 1.6ghz atom processors.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
  • wintdkyowintdkyo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    *EDIT:I never stated you needed a dedicated card to play without lag, I never stated you needed a dedicated card in the FIRST place.*
    Interesting, because your original post says:

Which gives an impression that a dedicated graphic card is requirement to meet the OP's needs, which is false. In fact, regardless whether OP is getting a laptop or a desktop (I also second Firebat's recommendation of building a custom PC from newegg due to costs), dedicated graphics card is not needed. Integrated graphics from the main processor works just as fine.

Layaway? Really? That's throwing money away.
    edited June 2012
    Only 2009?

And i love mudkipz

Oh dear...

Yep, I think I'm done here.
    That just sums up your credibility at the moment.

Now that I think about it, why am I even wasting my time with someone of such substandard intelligence?

I have never said "Hey Firebat, can you tell me about your laptop?"
    Yet, after about 4 posts, continue to misunderstand the fact that I never asked you specifically.

Edit: -sigh-
    wintdkyo wrote: »
    Interesting, because your original post says:

Which gives an impression that a dedicated graphic card is requirement to meet the OP's needs, which is false. In fact, regardless whether OP is getting a laptop or a desktop (I also second Firebat's recommendation of building a custom PC from newegg due to costs), dedicated graphics card is not needed. Integrated graphics from the main processor works just as fine.

Layaway? Really? That's throwing money away.

Oh dear, another one joins the boat.
    You could find a duo-core processor with integrated graphics for about that price as well.

Layaway or something similar, you know?
    edited June 2012
    Oh dear...

Yep, I think I'm done here.
    That just sums up your credibility at the moment.

Now that I think about it, why am I even wasting my time with someone of such substandard intelligence?

I have never said "Hey Firebat, can you tell me about your laptop?"
    Yet, after about 4 posts, continue to misunderstand the fact that I never asked you specifically.

Quote + your ... Quote + your ... Bai nao
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    edited June 2012
    Quote + your ... Quote + your ... Bai nao

Do you understand the least bit of modern-day english?
    Your = possessive
    Belonging to you; of you; related to you

You're = contraction of you are

If you're criticizing my English, then you want me to say....
    "That just sums up you're credibility at the moment." Which in turns actually means
    "That just sums up you are credibility at the moment."

Come on man, you've got to have something more than that.
    These lasts few posts are a credit to your intelligence :p
    edited June 2012
    Do you understand the least bit of modern-day english?
    Your = possessive
    Belonging to you; of you; related to you

You're = contraction of you are

If you're criticizing my English, then you want me to say....
    "That just sums up you're credibility at the moment." Which in turns actually means
    "That just sums up you are credibility at the moment."

Come on man, you've got to have something more than that.
    These lasts few posts are a credit to your intelligence :p

Forgetful much. You quoted me and said to post make and model of "your laptop"..... Does that not fit your English definition. Lrn2read your own posts.

EDIT: Reminder.
    Can't tell if sarcastic.

Fail noob.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    edited June 2012
    Forgetful much. You quoted me and said to post make and model of "your laptop"..... Does that not fit your English definition. Lrn2read your own posts.
    So you want me to say:
    "You are laptop?"

I'm sorry, but are you mentally handicapped in any way?
    I will not judge you, and I am sorry if you are.

If you are not, well then, I must say...
    :o
  • wintdkyowintdkyo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hey OP,

Let me give some substantive info to why building a PC is cheaper.

Given that integrated graphics with a modern day CPU works well for FW, I would definitely get a new CPU around the $50 range, such as this.
    (Not a product placement or endorsement)

IF you know if your existing Desktop computer shell is compatible with this CPU (Also if the existing power supply is enough to power this component), you can replace the old CPU with the new CPU without buying another shell. Then, I would add some RAM (If you have less than 1GB of RAM). The information that I provided you is very vague, but check out some articles online regarding building a custom gaming PC, such as one from PC Mag.

I recommend at least researching the "build your own pc" because first, it's definitely cheaper while maximizing quality of experience and second, you learn a LOT along the process.

Once you read a couple of guides on build your own pc, I welcome you to compare the build your own cost with the layaway cost, and you can make your own conclusion.
    edited June 2012
    So you want me to say:
    "You are laptop?"

I'm sorry, but are you mentally handicapped in any way?
    I will not judge you, and I am sorry if you are.

If you are not, well then, I must say...
    :o

..... Heh.

So you say you never asked about my laptop
    Can't tell if sarcastic.

And still maintain stupidity ....

Didn't you say you were done here?

Lies and ignorance, great combination.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    edited June 2012
    ..... Heh.

So you say you never asked about my laptop

And still maintain stupidity ....

Didn't you say you were done here?

Lies and ignorance, great combination.

Lies? Ignorance?
    Look at your own posts.
    You're in denial of the fact I never SPECIFICALLY ASKED YOU.

If you wanted to help OP, you'd have stated your make and model.
    Did I ask you for it? No.

IF you had wanted to help OP, You'd have stated your model.
    Now, we're done here, and I hope you have learned something, because you just got schooled.
    edited June 2012
    Lies? Ignorance?
    Look at your own posts.
    You're in denial of the fact I never SPECIFICALLY ASKED YOU.

If you wanted to help OP, you'd have stated your make and model.
    Did I ask you for it? No.

IF you had wanted to help OP, You'd have stated your model.
    Now, we're done here, and I hope you have learned something, because you just got schooled.

So you admit you made a suggestion to post my laptop details. Thank you for your admission of failure finally.

Suggestion =request = you asked.

Bai
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    edited June 2012
    So you admit you made a suggestion to post my laptop details. Thank you for your admission of failure finally.

Suggestion =request = you asked.

Bai
    You've come back for more schooling?
    EDIT: Ah, **** it. I've gotten my point across, and it seems the forums don't want me dunking on any more people today.