test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Class.

Blank_Spac - LionheartBlank_Spac - Lionheart Posts: 11 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Class Discussion
Just wondering if anybody in the know can tell me.. Is there any future plans (near future hopefully, although i know there has just been a major update so probably not) for new class(es) coming out.

A self-healing melee class would be my dream come true, protectors being the closest thing to paladin (WoW class) really lack the whole healing thing, and seing as there is 3 caster classes that can heal i think it only fair for us devoted melee players to have something of the sort.. One can only dream.
Post edited by Blank_Spac - Lionheart on

Comments

• meowzzzzzmeowzzzzz Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    warriors have a heal o.0 long cd...but there still a self healing melee class lol
  • Blank_Spac - LionheartBlank_Spac - Lionheart Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I really didnt know this but ive only gotten my warr to lvl 35, now having taken this into account i still dont find that good enough 1 heal with long cool down is meh!
    Im talking able to reliable heal yourself like a bard can or even being able to be support healer like a vamp, in short i guess im just dreaming for Paladin class to come to forsaken world.
  • Ashaw - EyrdaAshaw - Eyrda Posts: 1,127 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I really didnt know this but ive only gotten my warr to lvl 35, now having taken this into account i still dont find that good enough 1 heal with long cool down is meh!
    Im talking able to reliable heal yourself like a bard can or even being able to be support healer like a vamp, in short i guess im just dreaming for Paladin class to come to forsaken world.

To stop it form being to OP they would have to balance it.

a melee person needs good defence and HP to survive.

so in order for someone to heal at close combat they would need to have like low defence and medium-high HP. This would mean they would be constantly healing themselves when soloing.

To make this even more so, they would have to have HIGH amount of damage delt but long cooldowns.

so in the end you have like 2 weak attacks with low cooldown that really fail but little better then normal attack. then you have 2-4 diffrent HIGH damage dealing strong attacks that have 20-60 second cooldowns. and a few healing skills...

I can't see it. See range people have low-medium hp and low-medium defence because they are away from being attacked. This is also why they do one of these things

1)HIGH AMOUNTS OF DAMAGE
    2)Heal
    3)Attack really fast
    4)Tend to have better AoEs
    Class Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188881

Race Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=193701

They know I'm right -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3587381&postcount=43

[SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
    I dont play Ashaw anymore -_- its a boring class
  • Brim_McRoy - EyrdaBrim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    To stop it form being to OP they would have to balance it.

a melee person needs good defence and HP to survive.

so in order for someone to heal at close combat they would need to have like low defence and medium-high HP. This would mean they would be constantly healing themselves when soloing.

To make this even more so, they would have to have HIGH amount of damage delt but long cooldowns.

so in the end you have like 2 weak attacks with low cooldown that really fail but little better then normal attack. then you have 2-4 diffrent HIGH damage dealing strong attacks that have 20-60 second cooldowns. and a few healing skills...

I can't see it. See range people have low-medium hp and low-medium defence because they are away from being attacked. This is also why they do one of these things

1)HIGH AMOUNTS OF DAMAGE
    2)Heal
    3)Attack really fast
    4)Tend to have better AoEs

so i see you never have played a Protecter very much the best attacks have 6-20 cool downs and the weakest (basic and hard smash) are really fill in moves while you wait

i swear some of you guys try specailizing a certain class/build then comment on THAT not one you dont really work on :rolleyes:
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]