test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Botting.. Yay or Nay?

Comments

• nightwolf200nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i'm 50/50. all for it when i'm like showering, eating, walking the dog, etc. as long as its not in instances that don't have the name of Gods Trial.
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • Celestialv - LionheartCelestialv - Lionheart Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So uh, how do actually use this bot?
  • leviathalleviathal Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So uh, how do actually use this bot?
    Either click on the comp icon or ctrl+x.Then drag your skill from the action bar,set timing,set auto pot/% of health,set what you want to attack/what you don't want that is near it.Then click start and you're off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once a word has been allowed to escape, it cannot be recalled.-Horace
  • Ashaw - EyrdaAshaw - Eyrda Posts: 1,127 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Here is the Pros and cons off the top of my head

Pros
    1)You can quickly do a pee break in instance runs and don't have to worry to much
    2)Again Bathroom breaks when questing is good.
    3)okay.... REally any distraction you have to stop for a bit, that would ocme in handy.
    4)You can use it to set up your attack schedule for instances, that way when you bossing you just have to focus on potting and less worrying.

Cons
    1)AFK grinders in important areas
    2)People think this means they can leave in a middle of a instance for like 10-20 minutes
    3)Possible AFK PKers waiting for players in PvP servers

Thats all i got...

plus you have to atleast be level 60. So that will keep low levels out of GT and other stuff. I believe the level 60 limit is good because by the time you get to 60 you should know the game well enough to make smart decisions... incase you didn't notice, i said "should"
    Class Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188881

Race Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=193701

They know I'm right -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3587381&postcount=43

[SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
    I dont play Ashaw anymore -_- its a boring class
  • TheHulkgor - Storm LegionTheHulkgor - Storm Legion Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    "LFM WB Botting Team"

Thanks Perfect World. Normally, I would never think of kill stealing world bosses from people but that makes me want to. I don't expect the botting system to go away now but I really hope limitations are put on it.
  • nycdanimalsnycdanimals Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What da Heooo is up with this bot? Like seriously you call this an mmorpg? More like bot fest. Please take it down before FW loses more players... Seriously -_-
  • Aishleen - EyrdaAishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I will continue to use the bot and I don't care if it "kills" games. =P There are plenty of games that have these systems in place that have been around for years.
    Yeah you mean games who "fail" and are pretty much dead.

Seriously I love how all these casuals who dislike to kill 240 mobs per day (on average) want the easy way with AFKing and say they don't "care" if the game dies, as in, no fun or any interaction anymore. Why do you even play? Do you find some satisfaction that you improve a number (soul power) by being AFK? LOL.

There's no fun in it, no interaction with other players to farm those mobs, no KS, no drama, nothing satisfactory. If all you play this game for is to get some numbers up, then I don't know what to say to you, but that's not fun and you know it. Go play some single player game and stop wasting time here and support ruining the game for us who enjoy it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • emekiemeki Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yeah you mean games who "fail" and are pretty much dead.

Seriously I love how all these casuals who dislike to kill 240 mobs per day (on average) want the easy way with AFKing and say they don't "care" if the game dies, as in, no fun or any interaction anymore. Why do you even play? Do you find some satisfaction that you improve a number (soul power) by being AFK? LOL.

There's no fun in it, no interaction with other players to farm those mobs, no KS, no drama, nothing satisfactory. If all you play this game for is to get some numbers up, then I don't know what to say to you, but that's not fun and you know it. Go play some single player game and stop wasting time here and support ruining the game for us who enjoy it

+1000, agreed.
  • SamDingle - IllyfueSamDingle - Illyfue Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Spent all night botting in nightfall,gained 9 lvl 1 runes 700k soul power and 12 virtue coins....all whilst asleep :) i think this bot balances the vice/virtue system(especially for those unlocking both vice and virtue) its no longer a massive task to unlock it and i think this bot is cool
  • tientiensusertientiensuser Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Having fun isnt playing the same content over and over again driven by nothing but a reward. The only reason levels, and grinding exist is to help increase the longevity of the game. They are there to act as speed bumps on the player's road towards progression.

The fear is that if players do accomplish everything that there is in the game, they might feel they have completed the game and choose to move onto something else. However if the grind is too tedious, the player would just choose to play something else even before completing it. So a delicate balance has to be applied.

FW has been implementing labor saving devices into its gameplay mechanics with things like campfires, autoroutes, henry quests, exos, advance training 3x and many others. This bot is now another inclusion that helps make the game feel less tedious but still time consuming.

Sure, MMOs are about online communities but it shouldnt have to replace everything else. The progression to casual is only natural. It helps include a larger base of players who dont initially believe everything revolves around a game.

The bot is relatively new. Give it sometime to determine whether its a hit or miss.
  • dragonnseekerdragonnseeker Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I think its nay. I don't leave my char to "play" while I can't. I do it myself. Prolly its a good thing to save time on boring quests, but still.
  • Axym - LionheartAxym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    didn't read all posts, I'm just going to say my 2 cents.

At first I was against it, I thought it would make the game easier and people would use it to go in gear instances creating even more fail wc parties (and they probably will), but, as a dual clienter with both my mains in 2 accounts, it's nice to know one can be grinding soul power while I'm playing the other one, which has actually been a problem with having two mains as of late.

I'm still kinda on the fence, and I suppose we'll see what happens, but for now, I'm liking it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa
  • Ginius - IllyfueGinius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well about this botting topic, I don't really care tbh, but I've seen something funny yday.

I went to do some dragon orders with a few guildies and found someone botting on the spot, so we just make sure to get aggro on (almost) all mobs next to him, so he basically helped us to kill while not getting kills for himself.

Then some minutes later, he came back and saw that, then started to QQ all over the place about KS..

Well this was pretty funny, but still this shows the behavior we can expect from some ppl.

So if there is a botting system I'll use it, if there is not, I'll do it manually, no big deal, staying in the top15 (top 10 now since some quitted) xp ranking was way much harder ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • nrlievnrliev Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'll keep it simple.

Botting in training areas, HUGE MASSIVE -1 , NAY NAY NAY.

Botting everywhere else, i.e. especially in areas where at least you can potentially still remotely die? +1, Why? simple, because THERE'S RISK AND REWARD, you risk the potential of you dieing but you'll get rewarded simply on the basis no one killed you.

Honestly, I don't mind the bot itself, but the fact that it's use able in a safe zone is pants on head retarrded.

But you know what? It's fine, whilst people are mindlessly AFK botting for soul power non- stop, I'll go ahead and do my 5 GLs a day, - at no cost, might I add.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vesrix - Eydra - First Zodiac Blood Rite Vamp
    - lvl 80 Hybrid Blood 35 / Dark 26 vamp (tinyurl.com/Mybuilduh)
  • Naryiaa - Storm LegionNaryiaa - Storm Legion Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    With the legal botting now officially implemented, I wanted to see where everyone stood on the this issue. I was shocked to see the ratio of people in favour of it as opposed to not (approximately 4:1, from pure observation in-game).

Personally, I'm against it. If I wanted to play with bots, I'd play a single player game. Using the bot in an instance, even in GT would be unacceptable to me. I can understand that people don't have time to do Dragon Orders and wanted to bot that when they are asleep or at work or something. If you are doing that, it'd be nice if you would exercise some courtesy and go to the Nightfall area with the mobs that you need and not to Breeze Valley's Farm. I don't want to compete with bots farming soul power there 24/7. There are only 10 realms, so I do believe that the 24/7 soul power farming will be an issue. And just a warning that if I see you there while I want to do my Dragon Orders, I will move you so that you're AFKing for nothing, then continue with my Dragon Orders.

Having said that, I don't believe that there ever would have been a need for a bot if PWE had come up with a better implementation for the Vice/Virtue system - one that doesn't require grinding in order to level it up. How would they do this? I don't know - I'm not a game designer. Maybe they could have rewarded a lot more soul power for doing events and instances... Or even very small amounts in AFK training. Again, I'm not a game designer - those are just a couple of ideas. I know people will argue that this is not grinding, but I believe that staying in the same spot and killing the same mobs for hours (or however long you choose) IS grinding. It may not be hardcore grinding like some other games but it's still grinding nonetheless.

I will wait and see how much this botting affects people running instances and such before I decide whether or not I want to stay. But for now, I'll just not accept any botters into my parties. That was my opinion, how do you guys feel about this new legal botting?

I tried the botting system and to be honest i cant decide on whether its a good idea or not.. I'm pretty sure it'll cause problems with instances though..

People will basically turn on their botting and you wont be able to identify them cause botting doesnt necessarily mean your AFK.. So for that part it sucks!

I also don't get the reason behind implementing such a system.. It might be useful at lvl 90+ maybe.. I don't know..

A good solution would be to limit botting to the AFK Zone and to Dragon Order mobs only.. That way people can't bot in instances..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Behold the power of the fluffy llama
    Death by Baptism

Class: 80 Light/Wind Bard
    Guild: Paradise
    Server: Storm
  • Nayaru - Storm LegionNayaru - Storm Legion Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Nay. So much Nay.
    So much me! :D

I'm a Yay and Nay for this. I used to really dislike the idea of AFK training and I still disagree with it being a functionality of any game, however I eventually got used to it and now I'm a hypocrit because I had used it myself a lot for the last 15 levels, lol. Since SP was introduced it was my opinion that as AFK EXP training was in game there should be an alternative for SP, and that has arrived in the form of combat assist! So I understand people wanting to AFK train SP instead of EXP and I may even do that a bit myself but if I'm manually doing DO's I won't have botters in my squad (The exception perhaps being the healer) and likewise for any instances unless it's being used as someone has to go emergency AFK or something so combat assist will DD/Heal for them for the short amount of time they're not able to physically play.

And for those of you using botting for anything other than AFK stuff, shame on you. Why even bother playing if you just let the game play itself?
    Blood vamp since 2011 and now Wind Barding!
    tinyurl.com/apvqzc9 - PvE Blood/Dark Build
    And just because: tinyurl.com/howtosolokluer
  • Naryiaa - Storm LegionNaryiaa - Storm Legion Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    kindicus wrote: »
    Hi Hulkie (Serayah here)

Possible solutions I see:

-remove botting from instances

-put a permanent un-removable (unless you want to turn them off in your own UI) tag above a toons head if they're set to auto

-make all decisions to auto be verified by the party leader (like the invite system, so you know who's botting, but can allow it if it's consensual)

-make it only usable in certain areas (e.g. not in the prime group farm spots of the training ground)

Final current view: I like the idea of it, as it DOES make the game more approachable for the casual player, but to give everyone free reign over it is way too generous, and I think it may cause problems. I will wait to give my final verdict after a week or two, and I think we may see some tweaks to the system in that time.

Aye I would agree to this as well!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Behold the power of the fluffy llama
    Death by Baptism

Class: 80 Light/Wind Bard
    Guild: Paradise
    Server: Storm
  • donkaindonkain Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I am yay for the purposes that the system is for but nay on how they implemented it.

I see the botting as becoming annoying but good for grinding IF you don't have the time. Most people that I talked to and seen on this post and i would say they mostly favor it for it is ability to complete the dragon orders.

Why not just make it active with them. Another words it won't work unless your able to do your dragon orders. Once the orders are done it automatically stop. There is a cap on how many mobs that you can kill under the auto attack but its really high and really untouchable. It would make more once if you make it so its only used for what you say its purpose is for. Putting a real limit on it will let people bot abut not abuse it. it would do just about what a lot of the other suggestions said I.E.botting in instances or over crowding in areas.

That just my suggestion.
  • anyastroudanyastroud Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    +1 for DO
    -1 for instances

I use the bot primarily in the night or at work for my DO, but not for instances and i see not reason for doing so. GP with bot? maybe...but could take that half hour myself.

In the end the bot ensures the millions and billions needed for faith system.

A removal from bot instances and an info icon may be a nice addition to the system :)
    Greetings to everyone out there
    fw_forum.jpg
  • Inzho - EyrdaInzho - Eyrda Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    A silly solution to an equally silly sytem ala the fail rune system.

Botting is bad and I have 0 support for it.

The problems with farming DOs are 1) single target dps characters cannnot farm as quickly as AOErs and 2) 240 is too much if you are doing DOs alone. Clearly farming DOs was based on the idea of team work however most times team work for DOs consisit of a priest and a couple AOErs with the single targeters simply leeching.

I tested this by switching my mm between burst and precision. Getting into a DO party as burst was automatic and farming alone or even in a 2 man cell was fine but once I switched to precision getting a squad was a nightmare and farming alone was double rediculous.

The simple solution as has been mentioned in this thread is simply to lower the number of mobs to complete the DO quest and or raise the amount of points earned per DO kill.

Instead botting is introduced making a further mockery of a failed rune system.

The rune system needs a revamp especially with respect to the actual runes themselves and the value of the runes.

Introducing botting is putting a fail system in to rectify an already failed system.

Fail x Fail = Failure Failed More
  • im2gr84uim2gr84u Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Even tho I like the fact going to afk area and send a request for a group and instant join and just bot, I seriously am against it, even if I use it in SoL and so on >.> ... I don't think the game needs more anti social people...

• Orissa - IllyfueOrissa - Illyfue Posts: 496 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Botting in instances is unacceptable. Luckily I'm divine and I can punish those who are leaving their chars under control of server. There's no priest which could save from consequences of stupid moves and I'm sure bots won't dodge many factors. So, final boss in welkin, blubbard and final boss in cata1, kluer, pacala, vines, charlotte are now lol-bye-bots bosses

If I'd like to play with bots, I'd go play Loki, pick azteque witch, go summon tree. Watch my brainless summons killing mobs, just keep healing them
  • OddFinrir - LionheartOddFinrir - Lionheart Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    No I never wanted the bot so yes I complain now, why please those who wanted bot and make the rest angry?

I don't give one **** about Dragon Orders, it is so funny I hear about dragon order this dragon order that from those people who were QQing so much of having no bot... but DO's aren't even my issue, you don't realize people will abuse the bot system and grind non stop, maybe power level alts (saw a train of 4 ppl with similar names just today) with dangerous bounties, and there will be 0 PvP or any interaction outside instances... because people will always just afk bot. Why waste your time having "fun" when you can just afk bot?

Memory Berries already killed a lot of PvP like wester/reeves, due to how much exp they give compared to normal quests, now you add a stupid bot for crybabies >.>

I shall only respond to you:p, but why you guys make 5 more pages while I sleep -_-

To be honest, even with the bot in-game, its not any different...because lets face it, people were already botting.

The only point I was trying to make was that the bot was added because the grinding for soul power was added. Who the hell likes grinding for hours...they want people to stay in game, and what's a better way than a bot.
  • KevinCoutu - Storm LegionKevinCoutu - Storm Legion Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I think everyone who opposes the bot system needs to stop crying. This is clearly designed to alleviate the grind with Dragon orders. Many people have jobs and other obligations irl. Therefore, this system allows those people to enjoy the game the way they WANT during their free time rather than having to sink into a zombie status to keep up with their soul power. Here's my advice to all you QQers.

1) If you don't like the bot system, simply don't use it.
    2) Stop crying about this system because it was implemented for a reason.
    3) Accept PW's implementation, or move on to a new game.

Have a nice day!
    edited June 2012
    lol Kev, ya read the thread title and skipped the rest :P
  • KevinCoutu - Storm LegionKevinCoutu - Storm Legion Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    nah I read a good handful of the posts, including yours, and alot of people seem to be against it. "Shame on me" i guess, nayaru. I work full time and was losing interest in the game because the free time I had was spent doing DO's just to prevent falling behind everyone else in soul power. I was no longer enjoying the game. But with this new system, PWE has secured my interest. Great job PWE xD. It seems as though the only people against botting are the ones who dont have other obligations irl and dont mind being a mindless drone for 7 DO's a week + daily orders. but, Shame on me.
  • Rothj - EyrdaRothj - Eyrda Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The problem I have with it is it punishes people with dc problems(like me). There's no way I can possibly bot overnight. I think it'd be better if it was an offline thing that you turn on while your account is logged off(same with training).
  • zeck225zeck225 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    nah I read a good handful of the posts, including yours, and alot of people seem to be against it. "Shame on me" i guess, nayaru. I work full time and was losing interest in the game because the free time I had was spent doing DO's just to prevent falling behind everyone else in soul power. I was no longer enjoying the game. But with this new system, PWE has secured my interest. Great job PWE xD. It seems as though the only people against botting are the ones who dont have other obligations irl and dont mind being a mindless drone for 7 DO's a week + daily orders. but, Shame on me.
    yup, botting is good for anti-social people like you little kevin
    edited June 2012

It's odd that you read my post and completely missed the point though. I said shame on people for using bots to play for them. AFK gaining SP I don't mind since it's the same as AFK gaining EXP. That is what I said.. and what many other people have said hence you would understand that the vast majority of the "QQing" is about people using botting in GT or any other such instances while they're are at home without any obligations or likewise filling up DO grinding spots for us mindless drones wth no lives who like to have their DO done in under 12mins. Few to none "QQing" about people botting SP while out/asleep...
  • NoGagReflex - Storm LegionNoGagReflex - Storm Legion Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Absolutely Yay.

Being one of only three players on Storm who reached lv80 Vice/Virtue before this bot was added (technically there was one guy before the trio from my guild, but he openly admitted to using an auto-clicker, as a wind mage, to bot overnight, so he doesn't count) and while still managing to open all six of my common rune slots to lv4 and 9/10 almost every Nyos talent useful for me as a wind bard, I'm personally glad to have this new bot system. Hours upon hours of my time were already spent grinding Cavaliers and Cracked SoL mobs every day, with a considerably small number of tokens used to acquire additional SP (compared to what many others, especially within my guild, have used) so the way I see it, a system to make filling out the rest of my Nyos tree less painfully time-consuming is more than welcome.

I do agree that the idea of botting instances is lame, but honestly I don't see it becoming AS big of an issue as people seem to think. A lot of things about the system make it impractical to use for an entire instance. But regardless, as many have already stated, it's not difficult to simply exclude players who are known to bot through everything from instance parties.

The only significant change I would agree with, for this bot system, would be the addition of some sort of visual indication displayed above the head of a player who is currently in active bot mode. Otherwise, I say it's fine as is.