test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Common Questions

Ashaw - EyrdaAshaw - Eyrda Posts: 1,127 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Beginner's Guide
Here are some questions and answers of what have been asked.

1)How long does the 3x EXP last?
Forever... and ever.... and ever....

2)Best DPS Class?
Assassin

3)Best Tank Class?
Protector, but the Warrior can be just as good.

4)Best DD Class?
Warrior or Mage. They can do huge amounts of damage if built right.

5)Best DoT Class?
Vampire or Assassin, they have a tree for DoT.

6)Best Healer?
Divine Priest is the obvious choice. Blood Vamp and a Light Bard are good healers.

7)Question: What is the best support class?
Answer: Bards specialize in unique party buffs that benefit any squad in a big way while also able to offheal.

8)When can I PvP?
In the Arena at Level 45+ but open world PvP starts at 30. Plus you can Duel on any server any time.

9)Why is a Guild important?
A guild is a community of players that can help you out. This allows you to get into a instance with players you know are good. Also the guild has construction quests that build buildings that help you with alot of diffrent stuff.

10)Factions?
There is multiple fractions. They are all allied vs the Storm Legion. So there is no Fraction vs Fraction. Although there is Guild vs Guild.

11)Botting?
There is an in game bot for you. Click Here to learn how to set it up.

12) Q. What are the most populated servers?
A. Storm, Illyfue, and Eyrda according to hearsay. However, keep in mind the other criteria I mentioned, and know that "more populated" doesn't mean all the other servers are ghost towns. (For my part, I'll say that Lionheart is quite lively, with lots of new people coming in every day. Some parts of it have gone to hell these last few weeks, but it's still the friendliest server I've been on. So... hint.)

13) Q. What's the level cap, and how long does it take to get there?
A. 80, and you hit a pretty massive brick wall in the 70s. From what I've heard from other players, 74 to 75 is one fourth the amount of exp needed for going 79 to 80. And 79 to 80 alone takes a month if you're fast. Or, to put it another way, GT does not visibly move the exp bar at 79. So... A level 79 was generous enough to provide me with the exact amount of exp it takes to get to 80. 8,424,560,000. o.o

14) Q. How much mob grinding is there in FW?
A. Before Nightfall, virtually none. You had to kill mobs for GT and some quests, but it was never so much to count as actual grinding. Now, there is mob grinding in the form of Dragon Orders and suchlike, but it's primarily reserved for 60+ and by far not the primary source of experience. So it's not altogether absent, but not all-important either.

15)Q. I see players with wings/glowing weapons. How do I get them?
A. Both wings and glowing weapons are gained from having certain amounts of chroma, which in turn is obtained from embedding gems. 100 chroma on gear, excluding weapons, gives level 1 wings, 200 chroma gives level 2 wings, etc. Having 12 chroma on a weapon (or 2 level 3 gems) causes it to glow.
Either way, do not worry about chroma until endgame unless you are crazy rich.

16)Q. Is it possible to get wings without paying real money?
A. Yes. It will require a LOT of time, patience, market knowledge, and thrift, though.

17)Q. But do you need wings?
A. For PvE? Nope. You'll need some refines and gems, but the amount you'll need is easily attainable if you play wisely. High-tier PvP... maybe. It definitely helps, but skill is more important. There have been incidents in which non-winged players defeated winged players.

18)Q. How do I turn the camera?
A. Hold down right-click and move the mouse.

19)Q. I'm trying to get a pet from Rachel, but I can't seem to select
one...
A. Click the little circle next to the pet and click okay.

20)Q. Where do I learn more skills?
A. Your main quest will lead you to your class skill tutor in time. Keep following the autoroute links.

21)Question: What is the best class for AoE damage?
Answer: Mage specializes in AoE damage no matter which tree. Marksmen have a talent tree for AoE damage.

22)Question: I don't have enough HP to survive the latest instance, what should I do?
Answer: Boots have the highest HP of any gear piece in FW, so just grab some recharging star shards (free from Shylias) and fortify those boots a few levels. (Weapon/Shoulders/Belt help too) Note that trying to raise HP using gems is not cost effective at an early stage of the game.

Questions 12-20, Credit goes to Falchoir - Lionheart
Questions 7, 21-22 Nayaru - Storm Legion
Post edited by Ashaw - Eyrda on
Class Choosing Guide -
fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188881

Race Choosing Guide -
fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=193701

They know I'm right -
fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3587381&postcount=43

[SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
I dont play Ashaw anymore -_- its a boring class

Comments

• Healicius - LionheartHealicius - Lionheart Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    no one could have said it better ..!

that's a good way to put it all about classes.. When i needed to create a char i was wondering all that stuff and all i found were LONG guides about it ... but i just needed something like this to make a decition, later on ofc i make a really good use of long guides .! :)
  • Ashaw - EyrdaAshaw - Eyrda Posts: 1,127 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    no one could have said it better ..!

that's a good way to put it all about classes.. When i needed to create a char i was wondering all that stuff and all i found were LONG guides about it ... but i just needed something like this to make a decition, later on ofc i make a really good use of long guides .! :)

... Sorry thats my long guide :P
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

[SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Falchoir - LionheartFalchoir - Lionheart Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I was thinking of making one of these on my own, lol... guess I'll copypaste what I have here.

Q. What are the most populated servers?
    A. Storm, Illyfue, and Eyrda according to hearsay. However, keep in mind the other criteria I mentioned, and know that "more populated" doesn't mean all the other servers are ghost towns. (For my part, I'll say that Lionheart is quite lively, with lots of new people coming in every day. Some parts of it have gone to hell these last few weeks, but it's still the friendliest server I've been on. So... hint.)

Q. What's the level cap, and how long does it take to get there?
    A. 80, and you hit a pretty massive brick wall in the 70s. From what I've heard from other players, 74 to 75 is one fourth the amount of exp needed for going 79 to 80. And 79 to 80 alone takes a month if you're fast. Or, to put it another way, GT does not visibly move the exp bar at 79. So...
    Update: A level 79 was generous enough to provide me with the exact amount of exp it takes to get to 80. 8,424,560,000. o.o

Q. How much mob grinding is there in FW?
    A. Before Nightfall, virtually none. You had to kill mobs for GT and some quests, but it was never so much to count as actual grinding. Now, there is mob grinding in the form of Dragon Orders and suchlike, but it's primarily reserved for 60+ and by far not the primary source of experience. So it's not altogether absent, but not all-important either.

Q. I see players with wings/glowing weapons. How do I get them?
    A. Both wings and glowing weapons are gained from having certain amounts of chroma, which in turn is obtained from embedding gems. 100 chroma on gear, excluding weapons, gives level 1 wings, 200 chroma gives level 2 wings, etc. Having 12 chroma on a weapon (or 2 level 3 gems) causes it to glow.
    Either way, do not worry about chroma until endgame unless you are crazy rich.

Q. Is it possible to get wings without paying real money?
    A. Yes. It will require a LOT of time, patience, market knowledge, and thrift, though.

Q. But do you need wings?
    A. For PvE? Nope. You'll need some refines and gems, but the amount you'll need is easily attainable if you play wisely. High-tier PvP... maybe. It definitely helps, but skill is more important. There have been incidents in which non-winged players defeated winged players.

Q. How do I turn the camera?
    A. Hold down right-click and move the mouse.

Q. I'm trying to get a pet from Rachel, but I can't seem to select
    one...
    A. Click the little circle next to the pet and click okay.

Q. Where do I learn more skills?
    A. Your main quest will lead you to your class skill tutor in time. Keep following the autoroute links.

Pick and choose if any of them catch your eye.
    **Gone home to Tales Forum- follow at your own risk. T'was a good run, FW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    this spot in memory of my sister, who left after what was supposed to be a haven became a hell.
    I do not ask that we be worshipped or adored; all I ask is that you do not hate us.

Larale: Divine Priest - Falune: Light Bard - Falraine: Water Bard
  • Nayaru - Storm LegionNayaru - Storm Legion Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    My suggestions o:
    3)Best Tank Class?
    Protector, but the Warrior can be just as good.
    Might be worth mentioning Marble Protectors are the only tank that can easily hold AoE aggro. ;)
    6)Best Healer?
    Divine Priest is the obvious choice. Blood Vamp and a Light Bard are good healers.
    IMO "Divine Priest or light bard are the obvious choices. Blood vamps can also be good healers" Just because as a blood vamp I go to many instances with only a divine priest or only a light bard, in either case they basically solo heal with the odd offheal from me where as I would have a hell of a time trying to solo heal said instance with such ease, might sound better to subtley categorize Light with Divine rather than with a Blood.
    9)Fractions?
    There is multiple fractions. They are all allied vs the Storm Legion. So there is no Fraction vs Fraction. Although there is Guild vs Guild.
    Do you mean Faction? I don't remember fractions being opposed to anything. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraction_(mathematics)

Question: What is the best class for AoE damage?
    Answer: Mage specializes in AoE damage no matter which tree. Marksmen have a talent tree for AoE damage.

Question: What is the best support class?
    Answer: Bards specialize in unique party buffs that benefit any squad in a big way while also able to offheal.

Question: I don't have enough HP to survive the latest instance, what should I do?
    Answer: Boots have the highest HP of any gear piece in FW, so just grab some recharging star shards (free from Shylias) and fortify those boots a few levels. (Weapon/Shoulders/Belt help too) Note that trying to raise HP using gems is not cost effective at an early stage of the game.

...I couldn't figure out how to make that answer shorter. |: Anyway I'm all out of ideas, I hope you approve. I really like your idea of quick n sweet Q&A it's no where near as intimidating as huge walls of text for some people. :D
    Blood vamp since 2011 and now Wind Barding!
    tinyurl.com/apvqzc9 - PvE Blood/Dark Build
    And just because: tinyurl.com/howtosolokluer
  • Ashaw - EyrdaAshaw - Eyrda Posts: 1,127 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thanks guys :D, BTW I put your support bard question answer in the top by the others.

Credits are at the bottom for both of you.
    Class Choosing Guide -

Race Choosing Guide -

They know I'm right -

• KatKara - EyrdaKatKara - Eyrda Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks! This was really helpful :D