What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Inferno Vamp Vs Glacial Priest...

danroccodanrocco Posts: 36 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Class Discussion
so far we got...

best survivibality is glac priest...Due to better heals

and best single target damage is Inferno vamp...due to the DoT's

But Vs each other in a battle of the AOE doing a dragon orders?

I know inferno vamp has bat form to make Hellfire death have an epic CD/Cast...but Glac priest have prayer of frost which knocks down it's main AoE's CD by 75%...so in direct AoE i think they are around the same damage...both classes get a talent that makes mastery effect the bonus damage by x amount...

in my own personal opinion i think glac priest would win due to its HoT's..but what do you think?
Post edited by danrocco on

Comments

• Ashaw - EyrdaAshaw - Eyrda Posts: 1,127 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    danrocco wrote: »
    so far we got...

best survivibality is glac priest...Due to better heals

and best single target damage is Inferno vamp...due to the DoT's

But Vs each other in a battle of the AOE doing a dragon orders?

I know inferno vamp has bat form to make Hellfire death have an epic CD/Cast...but Glac priest have prayer of frost which knocks down it's main AoE's CD by 75%...so in direct AoE i think they are around the same damage...both classes get a talent that makes mastery effect the bonus damage by x amount...

in my own personal opinion i think glac priest would win due to its HoT's..but what do you think?

Inferno Vamp... Glacial priest would win but 1 problem. Alot of priests that arn't focused on healing fail... No offence to you guys but the average one I see doesn't know how to play it correctly. But if its the best Inferno Vamp and the best Glacial Priest... Glacial Priest
    Class Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188881

Race Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=193701

They know I'm right -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3587381&postcount=43

[SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
    I dont play Ashaw anymore -_- its a boring class
  • PriestessF - EyrdaPriestessF - Eyrda Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    As I play a glacial priest, biggest problem in any kind of 1v1 versing, duels or pk is that glacial have a long as cast time for skills and very little to non stuns/sleeps/silence (not counting icebound which needs a successful casting and on top of it surviving for 10secs before it ice blocks an opponent, also not counting Trance, a priest scroll skill for sleep).

I can duel wars easy by mana drain, sins are trouble as they stealth and stun/silence/whatever they do so Im basically stuck until im dead lol havent exactly tried vamps but will soon. In pve however, as I havent played an inferno before I cant say for sure, but I am able to solo level 75 devs in 23mins for the whole 240 mob count. *27mins without using any Soul force*

Instance wise, Id prefer my glacial over any aoe vamps (no offence) as with heals (heal+loh) makes my survivability a lot higher, plus the added bonus of the "oh ****" heal light of sanctuary (LoS) used in times of near party wipe lol

If youd like to compare dmg, at level 35 water mastery buffed up to only 490, I can kill a full 20~ lure of mobs in 3 aoes using prayer of frost, critting around 20k-35k per hit and averaging at 15k per normal hit (without prayer buff)

I use arena gears and 3/8 tok so basically no other crit dmg buff/gems lol

I am biased however as I play glacial priest not inferno vamp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

-level 80 priest
    -level 78 bard
    -level 77 roarrior
  • DeltaTroopa - Storm LegionDeltaTroopa - Storm Legion Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    As far as Dragon Orders go I would go with glacial priest, their main aoe has a much larger range and perma slows all targets by 65% so if the priest kites well they never even get hit.

In addition I think the bonus attack from mastery is higher for a glacial priest (150% of mastery to all attacks) and prayer of frost has a shorter cooldown than Inferno Bat form(60s vs 90s). In addition it doesn't prevent heals, and increases the base damage and crit chance of iceblade strike while reducing the cooldown to under 1s (0.5-0.75)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ._____Emotes______ | ____Spreadsheets____.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes | tinyurl.com/FWInfosheet
  • MysticSoun - Storm LegionMysticSoun - Storm Legion Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    As I play a glacial priest, biggest problem in any kind of 1v1 versing, duels or pk is that glacial have a long as cast time for skills and very little to non stuns/sleeps/silence (not counting icebound which needs a successful casting and on top of it surviving for 10secs before it ice blocks an opponent, also not counting Trance, a priest scroll skill for sleep).

I can duel wars easy by mana drain, sins are trouble as they stealth and stun/silence/whatever they do so Im basically stuck until im dead lol havent exactly tried vamps but will soon

eh what..
    are you a human glacial priest? cause if so you picked the wrong race. Elf's have 28% chance stun with runes so 1v1 isn't that bad, plus you can easily un-stealth sins with divine judgement.
    but aside from that I would say glacial>inferno vamp too because they have bigger range,shorter aoe cds, more aoe cc and we don't have to use skills that aren't of our element like a inferno vamp would.