EB&Players

darnmelette
darnmelette Posts: 56 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
Discuss and/or post here stories about why Eternal Belief badly affects some players.
(No trolling, flaming and such allowed allowed)

My thoughts: I've seen so many people here in Storm waste their time on breaking the seal which clearly doesn't happen anymore.

My Lv80 Phantom Warrior - Darlos - Storm Legion story:

Same ****, different day; was for me in a normal tuesday @ 2011-11-08 23-24-27 in R5 City of Oblivion.

20111108232427.jpg

Surprised Iaso was, decided to make a party (Me, Iaso, CoolHandLuke, and Diagron) to claim as many Vexxers with little knowledge.

It was only matter of time I'd give them crucial info about EB.

Somedays later I had terribad DCs I couldn't keep up with their rate.

~Week 2~

This time (Diagron, Iaso, MasterBlader, firingline, and I) still clueless about Vexxers, we managed to kill all 4 Vexxers.

20111115225737.jpg

Guild Report: Clueless my guildies were; gave up as hopeless it was...Maybe I should cheer em' up.

-Week 2, Wednesday-

firingline get his Bloodline inferno weapon (First drop in server)

My guildies got involved in my work? :rage:: ::yeaijelly:: :rage::

*2011-11-16 23-57-42* I'd never thought that I would turn a whole guild agaisnt what I considered allies in that time.
20111116235742.jpg
Ignoring me resulted bard weapon out of their hands.
"Aruthor: Why would you let Team Visa get more?" I clearly wasn't thinking but that doesn't affect my self-view of my alignment.

Several days later I made 15d~.

I start some name of shaming about Naiteru.

~Day 14, 11/22~

I try to punish someone for abusing lv80 pking.

~Week 3, 11/23~ Goodbye to one of the only Warriors I'd share my drops with.

A step ahead TeamVISA original members were, I decided to claim a little thing for my efforts.

*2011-11-23 22-50-46* Hello MysticSound...Calling someone?
20111123225046.jpg

At 13% hp left, I got grief'd. Mad about Naiteru I was.

**RenJa, ShadowKaiser, and Aruthor KS'd Nezzael and NoGagReflex(Known as Zaviere) @ Lemoore

RenJa obtains the Resurrection inferno weapon**

I was upset about Nezzael getting KS'd.

The name and shaming days starts.

~Day 16~

Just completed GoS with Aruthor, Lutien, FyeFlorite, xTiMeBoMBx, and ShadowFairy...I wonder what Aruthor was thinking of me that time.

~Skipped 11/29 Vexxers~ If I recall correctly I wasn't in the mood.
~Day 22, 11/30~

CoolHandLuke Gets his weapon, too bad I couldn't keep up with their rate with the dc fest 2 weeks ago.
20111130231409.jpg

Hyori gets his weapon.

I'm still doing some name and shaming in my guild, it's just matter of time until Insight migrates to Imperium. (Who'd think I'd give them enough hope to keep up the balance between both sides?)

~Day 23 to 27, 12/01 to 12/06~

I'm still friendly to Imperium members though..

I'm getting some help in WBs and such from Hyori.

I reject TeamVISA join request.

~Day 28, 12/07~

Aruthor and Imperium do epic WB pulls.
20111207230940.jpg
20111207231551.jpg
20111207232816.jpg
20111207233417.jpg
20111207233820.jpg
20111207233948.jpg
20111207235023.jpg
20111207235253.jpg

I still keep up the name and shaming.

Some days later I leave Insight.

~Day 35, 12/14~

Not much to say about EB.

Iaso invites me to kill a Lord of Moss WB and Warded Stout purple warrior boots drops.

I still keep up the name and shaming.

~Guildless from 12/15(?) to 12/26 9:09PM~

Joins TeamVISA at 12/26 9:10PM

~Rest of the days~

I didn't want to know about Lv60 Twin Emperors anymore.

During TeamVISA and Imperium rivalry Guild Leadership was passed to Aruthor, some Insight members moved to Imperium and some Imperium members moved to other guilds.

Aruthor passed Guild Leadership to XioNarius.

My mood drops down.

I become too shy to guilds.

Earned my Disaster Star inferno weapon at 2/15/2012. (It wasn't so exciting when my mood dropped down and all I've done)

I Didn't use my inferno weapon until I decided to leave.

My hate to RenJa dissappeared but clearly my negativity was still going on.

Left TeamVISA around 4/15/2012 to 4/18/2012.

I still feel bad about myself and make an ice mage on Eyrda called Darleene.

I felt as a stranger in my last times at TeamVISA.

I still like to see people from Storm Legion everyday.

Note:
It's not 100% of EVERYTHING what happened. (Complete Guild chats logs, personal stuff, etc.)

Confirming some questions:
Q. Did you do this only for the weapon?
A. No, I didn't fit anywhere else for all I've caused during those times.

Is EB that bad to everyone in every server?
Post edited by darnmelette on

Comments

• blankzo1
    blankzo1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    :eek:
    Reply first
    Read now:D
  • blankzo1
    blankzo1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    In Storm, members from TV is probably the only guild with EB weapons (most likely) so I can see where are you coming from. Storm = TeamVISA pretty much, the only guild rules the entire server. This is a very depressing story but guess what! As a great friend of yours, I'll be moving to Eyrda with ya!
  • zelphir
    zelphir Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    blankzo1 wrote: »
    In Storm, members from TV is probably the only guild with EB weapons (most likely) so I can see where are you coming from. Storm = TeamVISA pretty much, the only guild rules the entire server. This is a very depressing story but guess what! As a great friend of yours, I'll be moving to Eyrda with ya!

Some Imperium members managed to get some but it's not often, though the worst part is all the bragging that goes on in world chat from TV and it just really upsets a majority of the server since nobody can out DPS any of them to even have a chance at the bosses. It's an extremely one-sided event that only works well on a PvP server.
  • darnmelette
    edited May 2012
    Mhm, this shouldn't be storm only...just EB in general.
  • stupidfans
    stupidfans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    isnt like that in all the servers??

the full CS guild gets the zodiacs.. ._.

in Eyrda it is Catalyst the ubber CSrs guild..

it used to be Final and Envy (not so full of CSrs guilds) Vs Cata (full of CSrs guild)

and the fights were pretty even.. some weeks weapons for Final/Envy some week for Cata..

but 2 weeks or so ago Final dumped Envy and Allied Cata.. and now is Cata and Final are getting the Zodiac stuff every week..

and its the same thing.. CS'rs trash talking each other in wC.. xD

hahahaha!!
  • Kaiyuna - Storm Legion
    Kaiyuna - Storm Legion Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    o.o ...
    My arena videos:
    youtube.com/user/Kaiyuna
  • menengroth
    menengroth Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    ..the hell did i just read?
  • onthelow
    onthelow Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    lol, you guys are as dumb as you look if you think imp doesnt have as many heavy CSers as TV does.

also ya darlos brought up the idea of getting the vexxers but dia and iaso found the rest of the info and locations the next day for us. darlos had 1 location which was cool of him to go out and share it.

you didnt start anything that should have discluded you from any groups darlos. if people are mad at you about any of it then theyre just mad that they arent getting anything. no matter who you showed everyone would have found out right away and the results would have been the same.
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    Brim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    idea... KILL ALL THE CSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    stupidfans wrote: »

No it's not. It's one party's DPS vs a full guild PvPing. Also Envy and Catalyst both have huge CSers, I'd say Envy has more active ones to be honest. But it depends on PvP team compositions too. :p

As someone who has done "outdps" in safezone trust me it's a huge difference.....
  • bluebonic
    bluebonic Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    sick of P2W? roll a toon on Tera.
  • sonabe1
    sonabe1 Posts: 10
    edited May 2012

it used to be Final and Envy (not so full of CSrs guilds) Vs Cata (full of CSrs guild)

and the fights were pretty even.. some weeks weapons for Final/Envy some week for Cata..

but 2 weeks or so ago Final dumped Envy and Allied Cata.. and now is Cata and Final are getting the Zodiac stuff every week..

hahahaha!!

LOL :eek: if you compare the CSers in Cata and Envy, Envy prob has more.
  • LouisaFerr - Eyrda
    LouisaFerr - Eyrda Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I think any game that has items which require the competition of guilds to get will have drama like this.
  • im2gr84u
    im2gr84u Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Why bother anyway? GW2 is coming, let the losers Cash shoppers alone in this one :P

• Zaviere - Storm Legion
    Zaviere - Storm Legion Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Hey, I was mentioned! And my Bard shows up in a couple of screen shots!

That makes me a cool kid, right?

Also, Darlos...

Man, I don't even know how to respond to this LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/watch?v=S3bRPHPQsOs (copy-able text link)
  • Julia_VII - Storm Legion
    Julia_VII - Storm Legion Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I'm not sure what to think

1148_1253230725640.jpg

But you were a decent guy Darlos, and it was nice playing with you.

P.S.: Quite sad I couldn't find myself in any of those screenshots ;_;
  • Sabriele - Storm Legion
    Sabriele - Storm Legion Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    As an ordinary player of ordinaryness on FW Storm server, i have to say teamVISA isnt the bunch of cashshopping snobs everyone makes them out to be. They are a hard working group of people, who have a guild system that works for them, same as the rest of us. the amount of work they've put into their characters, i could say they DESERVE they EB drops.

As a non-Visa member, i have participated in EB vexxer and emperor killing. no, i have never gotten any of the EB drops, and really, i dont plan on getting them anytime soon. For me, its not about who gets the drops, or which guild "dominates". its about hanging out with friends and having fun.

-Sab
    Broken Avatar -- . --

IGN : Sabriele
    Class : Assassin
    Level : 80
    Tree : Venom
  • noxshadow1
    noxshadow1 Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Frankly EB has been a fail event ever since the seal stopped breaking. Look at Storm. The Vexxers are controlled by 2 guilds for the most part (by the majorities own admission, TeamVISA and Imperium). The one part of the event that was within the realm of achievement for non-CS players were the Silver Wineglass rewards and EXP AFTER the seal broke.

Sure we get x4 exp per Oracle we use, but we're also bound to a certain number we can open. I'd say those two trade off, leaving a negative repercussion in both the market and the player bases desire to even care about events like this.

Most new and new-ish players don't even know what EB is anymore. They never learn how to break the seal, and they can't begin to touch the bosses. To them it's nothing more than a mess of spam in System Chat.

So forgive me if I don't play the pity harp because you achieved something in the event and got bored with it.
  • onthelow
    edited May 2012
    ya its pretty hard for new players to go search the forums on how to break the seal. with how easy it is to level now its not like eb is even needed to level. make friends, do mentor quests, do dangerous bounties omg im lvl 60+ in a week or 2. oh wait this game gave me tons of free shard gear to get by on for now, omg al gears are insanely cheap now that arent reforgeable, oh wait nightmare carnival game me enough gold to buy all my chea gears, holy **** the game gave my like 7d sg fr free to reforge my items to 6 refine, omg free recharging star chards everywhere, omg free bound gems everywhere + 2 gem boxes a day in gl at 60+

do i need to keep going?

TeamVisa has a good amount of CSers but a lot of guilds do on storm. We also have a lot of non CSers who are pretty pro ;)
  • Kumbh - Storm Legion
    Kumbh - Storm Legion Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    well most ppl brand teamvisa as a CS guild who are way OP ........truth is a lot of TV members are not CSed at all, yes i will agree there are CSers and quite a bunch of them.
    i rather say entire teamvisa are pretty hardcore farmers.
    as for EB ppl dont make the effort to participate except for ragin and trollin on world chat
  • darnmelette
    edited May 2012
    What's discussed: My server.

What should be discussed: Every server, right?

I'm sure some would spread rumours/backstab/betray eachother for some power but there's not much to discuss about it so...

Also, this weapon(nothing else but my own corruption and I can include myself on how "EB badly affect players") is not much of an achievement, but also not real power(hope that don't make me sound bad). Real power would be the magic of friendship inside guilds which why it don't bothers me tv taking the bosses (You'd need to know me well to know what exactly bothered me).

But it seems there isn't much to discuss about this event...

Note: I need to edit the first post to point out what exactly bothered me, about persons mentioned, etc.
  • PriestessFaye - Eyrda
    PriestessFaye - Eyrda Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2012

hahahaha!!

Unfortunately Im always one to rush to post so I didnt bother reading the whole of next page, but um yeh with the bosses dunno if its zodiacs etc etc, its not always about the CS'er guilds getting everything. A guild is only as good as their player base and players are only as good as they put time and effort into.

Not bragging or showing off etc etc and not to boast my non-existent ego, but my current guild (in Eydra) for the past few weeks have been doing wb's without a problem. Sure for heavy CS;er guilds it'll take less than 15mins to kill them, but even though it took my guild around and hour or two or 3 the first time we did it, we could still do it and claim the drops.

So from my rambling, if your guild or you or your friends want something, work together for it and put in the effort rather than just saying CS'ers get everything :p, laziness leads to nowhere
  • risuth5824
    risuth5824 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    well most ppl brand teamvisa as a CS guild who are way OP ........truth is a lot of TV members are not CSed at all, yes i will agree there are CSers and quite a bunch of them.
    i rather say entire teamvisa are pretty hardcore farmers.
    as for EB ppl dont make the effort to participate except for ragin and trollin on world chat

People were waiting when the compensation bosses were going to be spawned only to find out that like always, TV was there and took them from everyone. And sure not everyone in TV is a CS'er, but the ones that do it majorly are the ones that are always there, taking the EB bosses from everyone else, so it's not as if anybody has a chance to begin with.
  • onthelow
    edited May 2012
    risuth5824 wrote: »
    People were waiting when the compensation bosses were going to be spawned only to find out that like always, TV was there and took them from everyone. And sure not everyone in TV is a CS'er, but the ones that do it majorly are the ones that are always there, taking the EB bosses from everyone else, so it's not as if anybody has a chance to begin with.

you candy asses cry too much. what makes u think you should or anyone else should get the bosses over us? its a boss for everyone to go after, others choose not to go for it. we have earned sht tons of gold in game through organization also. who was always there for every boss spawn in cracked fissures to bank off AH sales when it was rare? us, tons of gold right there. we farmed koubo heavily for a really long time, farmed the sht out of normal world bosses, instances and so on. I remember when ppl complained cuz i had like lvl 40 mastery with my 102 chroma at lvl 70 cuz i killed ppl in arena. rockin some really bad gears fish slappin ppl lol. dont be fooled we have farmed plenty ;)

we have always had good organization and coordination with our corp which has helped out a lot. Haters gonna hate
  • Kumbh - Storm Legion
    Kumbh - Storm Legion Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    risuth5824 wrote: »

compensation boss did i hear right? as far as my horrible weak memory serves........i saw a cpl of players lurking around without even a priest in pt(nt sure if they even had a party) thats not what organizing or putting a effort is.. stop b!tchin if u cant put the effort........i will rather say Imperium puts a decent lot more effort than the rest of the server.

like i said earlier wat ppl do about EB is stay in FH and moan and whine in WC----rage--rage--rage--whine-****-troll---

jelly much?

good if u are
  • CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion
    CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion Posts: 2,401 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I dont even care about the EB weapons, neither am I in TV, but I have to say this.

If you're not even there to TRY and take the bosses, you'll never get a weapon. And you don't deserve to get one either.
    If you really want 'em, you should organize and put together a couple of good parties, and go there and TRY.
    Sitting in FH b*tching about it isn't gonna get you a weapon, ever.

The EB weapons goes to those who are putting the effort into getting em - those who deserve to get em. Wich is currently 1, sometimes 2 guilds on storm.
  • noxshadow1
    noxshadow1 Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I dont even care about the EB weapons, neither am I in TV, but I have to say this.

If you're not even there to TRY and take the bosses, you'll never get a weapon. And you don't deserve to get one either.
    If you really want 'em, you should organize and put together a couple of good parties, and go there and TRY.
    Sitting in FH b*tching about it isn't gonna get you a weapon, ever.

The EB weapons goes to those who are putting the effort into getting em - those who deserve to get em. Wich is currently 1, sometimes 2 guilds on storm.

Gonna just clarify one thing about this statement. It's not the group that "Puts in the most effort". If that were the case, any newbie who tried really hard would win. It's the group that "Puts in the most damage".

You could organize until you had a brain aneurism and it wouldn't matter if your squad is not geared as well as the major players. People talk about how it's all about "skill" but really there's a point where "skill" is outweighed by equipment. I'm not talking some petty difference in 1 or 2 refine levels, or a gem or two. I'm talking players walking around in fully +12 refined PvP gear with all Lvl4 gems (and some LVl5, which instantly marks you as a CSer by the way) who take the kills not because they NEED it, but because they don't WANT the other players to have it.

Amusingly, these are the same players who whine and complain when there's nothing to do in the game, or when no one signs up for Arena. I'm going to be blunt with it.

The majority of the player base has come to the point where they ignore players like the ones described above, because people play the game to have FUN and progress...and players like the ones described above have reached a point in the game thus far, where progression is stagnate. There is NOTHING left for them to do, and to alleviate their boredom they feel they should go around ruining things for everyone else.

Players like THAT...ruin the game. Not because they've achieved something, but because they feel their achievement entitles them to something above everyone else. Just look at the posts in this thread. In short the players here have all agreed that because a guild is better...they deserve sole rights to these bosses. If that's not entitlement, I don't know what is.
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    Aishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Why does everyone even casuals want to do all the content even though they know they're not near the elite level?

Why would it even bother you if they add "elite content" compared to now when there's none anyway? Just jealousy some will do it and you won't?

Thing is, I actually hate that in this game all instances are super easy mode scaled for casuals with +6 refines or so (challenging at that equipment I suppose). Obviously there should be dungeons like that, but not all. Add an elite instance with better/more drops needing level 2 wings and coordination just to even survive. To add challenge to the elites instead of steamrolling the easy instance over and over. While you may argue this will make the strong even stronger, it won't, if they make a good scaling for the difficulty:drop ratio. Instead of doing 10 easy boring runs, you do 1 but challenging, for example. It just adds more fun for the elites.

I miss the hard dungeons with tons of wipes in my other MMO, even the trash mobs were a challenge and you had to be careful not to pull two groups and watch for patrols to avoid doing so. Where you actually needed a great set of gear and upgrades to even stand a chance to survive. Yes there were casuals and weaker people complaining of how hard X instance is, but stop QQing and gtfo off it and go do the easier ones which were available, not like you can't play the game at all with that elite instance added in it. At least let the strong geared ones have some fun.

In here FP was fun at 70 but that was about it. Games are so easy-mode casual these days -.-

Eh sorry for the off topicness addressing the last post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    noxshadow1 wrote: »
    The majority of the player base has come to the point where they ignore players like the ones described above, because people play the game to have FUN and progress...and players like the ones described above have reached a point in the game thus far, where progression is stagnate. There is NOTHING left for them to do, and to alleviate their boredom they feel they should go around ruining things for everyone else.

Players like THAT...ruin the game. Not because they've achieved something, but because they feel their achievement entitles them to something above everyone else. Just look at the posts in this thread. In short the players here have all agreed that because a guild is better...they deserve sole rights to these bosses. If that's not entitlement, I don't know what is.
    Nah, look at it from their perspective.

Let's say you have fun and progress. Then you finally take up on EB boss. Woot, you got drops. Then some newbie comes and all that progress you made amounts to nothing? He should get a shot at it? What if he actually got it, how would you feel? No one would want to progress at all then.
  • IaiStrike - Eyrda
    IaiStrike - Eyrda Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Why does everyone even casuals want to do all the content even though they know they're not near the elite level?

Why would it even bother you if they add "elite content" compared to now when there's none anyway? Just jealousy some will do it and you won't?

Thing is, I actually hate that in this game all instances are super easy mode scaled for casuals with +6 refines or so (challenging at that equipment I suppose). Obviously there should be dungeons like that, but not all. Add an elite instance with better/more drops needing level 2 wings and coordination just to even survive. To add challenge to the elites instead of steamrolling the easy instance over and over. While you may argue this will make the strong even stronger, it won't, if they make a good scaling for the difficulty:drop ratio. Instead of doing 10 easy boring runs, you do 1 but challenging, for example. It just adds more fun for the elites.

I miss the hard dungeons with tons of wipes in my other MMO, even the trash mobs were a challenge and you had to be careful not to pull two groups and watch for patrols to avoid doing so. Where you actually needed a great set of gear and upgrades to even stand a chance to survive. Yes there were casuals and weaker people complaining of how hard X instance is, but stop QQing and gtfo off it and go do the easier ones which were available, not like you can't play the game at all with that elite instance added in it. At least let the strong geared ones have some fun.

In here FP was fun at 70 but that was about it. Games are so easy-mode casual these days -.-

Eh sorry for the off topicness addressing the last post.

Whaaaat? Noobren doesn't want to instance with me anymore :(
    /quit