ToK - fail gear drop

botevmg1
botevmg1 Posts: 55 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
Okay so I get it that a lot of people were complaining the AS set gear is really hard to get, which was not exactly like that, but now make ToK like this? WTF ?
The set gear is so often dropped, when sets since I started this game were suppose to be something "rare". In this instance each boss drops AT LEAST 1 set piece, some times 2 ,even saw 3...
The thing that more annoys me is that actually there are more set drops then normal gear. WTF now its hard to get normal decent gear, because the set drop is so high. Sorry but there is something really wrong there for me, since and no world boss drops gear with reforge. And set pieces are now so cheap < 10g in ah. Srsly now instead of being happy when I see set drop (every boss) I'm like phew phew stpd ****.
Just wanted to make my complaints on this :mad:
Post edited by botevmg1 on

Comments

• Aishleen - Eyrda
    Aishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I agree with this why they couldn't keep it a normal drop rate for sets? +1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kye8
    kye8 Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    IMHO, the set rate drop in AS was pretty sad. You had people spending months trying to farm the whole set (or spending $$$ in the AH to complete it). That wasn't cool. But now it's swung completely in the opposite direction with ToK. And that's not good either. ToK set pieces shouldn't be THAT common like they are now. Less than 10g a piece in a lot of cases. :eek: There needs to be a middle ground.

ToK set drop rate should be better than AS but not this crazy easy.
  • PoPxTart - Lionheart
    PoPxTart - Lionheart Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    was hoping to make some profit by farming ToK sets before it was released and was really lookin forward to it... now i just run it for the champ points everyday and im like hey!!...another set drop? *trashes*
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34718012001&dateline=1429303178[/SIGPIC]

<Forever with AlexejRomanov>
    PoPxTart - lvl 90 Wind Bard
    UsagiDrops - lvl 90 Frost Mage
    LimeBunnie - lvl 90 Divine Priest
  • tientiensuser
    tientiensuser Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Still 20 to 40 g on our server. Hopefully it drops to 5 g a piece due to an abundant supply of drops. The game still has too many things to grind. Gems, Runes, and Masteries.
  • ssupertux
    ssupertux Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Sounds to me like complaining for the sake of complaining.
    [SIGPIC]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3271/raptorjesus22.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Raptor Jesus roamed the Earth circa 90,000,000-65,000,000 BHC (Before Human Christ). He was born when God Himself was still only a teenager. His execution is thought to be the cause of the extinction of the dinosaurs.
  • botevmg1
    botevmg1 Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ssupertux wrote: »
    Sounds to me like complaining for the sake of complaining.

Actually no I'm complaining because I wanted to experiment with normal 75+ reforgeable gear (NORMAL so called), but oh w8 it's quite impossible cause that gear almost doesn't exist because 80% of drops are set... where the fk are normal gear drops etc?
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    Brim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    GEUSS WHAT lvl the scavenging :P
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deicidea - Storm Legion
    Deicidea - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    The Sets for ToK aren't that great anyway, the REGULAR gear is actually quite epic... to me it seems like that did it that way ON PURPOSE!! Giving people who can't afford sets a chance to have one with slightly less epic bonuses then regular sets, and leaving normal reforgeable gear the rare type of gear in that instance. So, go QQ about something else, I quite like the instance how it is.
    I'm a Carebear, I PewPew with Rainbows and Butterflies.
    (>")> ==--- <3<3<3
    Characters:
    Deicidea - 5x Rebel Priest // Livid - 4x Dark Assassin
    Melodei - 4x Light Bard // LickMyLoli - 3x Burst Marksman
    Gwendolynne - 3x Aegis Warrior // Cappadocia - 3x Blood Vampire
  • ssupertux
    ssupertux Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    botevmg1 wrote: »
    Actually no I'm complaining because I wanted to experiment with normal 75+ reforgeable gear (NORMAL so called), but oh w8 it's quite impossible cause that gear almost doesn't exist because 80% of drops are set... where the fk are normal gear drops etc?

What's the problem with experimenting with set gears? Anyways, the better gears are usually the most rare, in this case it's the normal gears :P
    [SIGPIC]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/3271/raptorjesus22.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Raptor Jesus roamed the Earth circa 90,000,000-65,000,000 BHC (Before Human Christ). He was born when God Himself was still only a teenager. His execution is thought to be the cause of the extinction of the dinosaurs.
  • rocky6565
    rocky6565 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    The weps stills expensive
  • Lushey - Eyrda
    Lushey - Eyrda Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    On Eryda I've been farming ToK non-stop, and it's not bad at all, yeah some of the 'meh' set pieces have dropped to 10-20g, and no priests/bards really want those sets, cause of the set bonuses ( there like all the same lolwtf? ) but vamp/warr/sin gears can still range from 40g to 1d easily. And if you farm it non-stop FFA, and you're not completely unlucky, you can make easy money.

( Also, 10g-20g a gear is still a lot, think about how many gears you can get per run, 10g + 10g + 10g etc and so on, really adds up. )

And some of the uncommon set weapons can still range from 1d-2d.
  • Valdios - Nyos
    Valdios - Nyos Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Warrior set wep is very rare..
    but from all the set stuff ive farmed.. i think i could fully equip 4-5 other warriors without the wep..

GJ:rolleyes:
  • Caadeence - Lionheart
    Caadeence - Lionheart Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I had completed my AS set right before expansion came out (only going 6/8 pieces for the attack bonus though, other 2 pieces purple). When ToK set came out, my only hesitation was that I had spent incredible amount of time and money on my AS set. Cause yeah.. Even though bard gear is generally cheap, most of the set pieces still ranged between 40-60g and the weap was going for 80g+. But the reason I changed was that the ToK set bonus was identical to AS bonus (the first 6 bonuses, except 30 acc instead of 39) and the base stats was much higer + you can reforge it. For light bards the AS set would still probably be much better. And WTF why do all classes get same set bonus from ToK set?! I guess the only good thing was that it wasn't exactly expensive to go from AS to ToK set.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FreakyPrie - Nyos
    FreakyPrie - Nyos Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    And WTF why do all classes get same set bonus from ToK set?! I guess the only good thing was that it wasn't exactly expensive to go from AS to ToK set.

This is probably the only part I didn't mind. Mainly because it meant priests FINALLY have a DD set. Every priest set after AoS one was some kind of healing rebel hybrid ****, finally we got a decent set for glacials/rebels.

With the new set you also can't use the "wrong" talent, since there's no mastery/elemental attack. Imo it's quite fair. ToK is a decent set for DDs, 77 arena for chars that need to be good at taking hits and the more hardcore players can farm together pieces with bonusses they want.
  • YggdrasiI - Storm Legion
    YggdrasiI - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    With the new set you also can't use the "wrong" talent, since there's no mastery/elemental attack. Imo it's quite fair. ToK is a decent set for DDs, 77 arena for chars that need to be good at taking hits and the more hardcore players can farm together pieces with bonusses they want.

Unless, of course, you're a divine priest. Even bards need to attack to sustain buffs, so even light bards can pull some benefits off of the ToK set's bonuses and ID for HE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[YOU- drah- sil]
    If you want to shorten my name, don't call me 'Ygg.' Call me 'Mana.'

Grandia: Unity ☆ Teamwork ☆ Friendship I]grandia-storm.com/[/I
    ~~~~~~~~~~{ Never get left behind again. }~~~~~~~~~~
  • FreakyPrie - Nyos
    edited April 2012
    Unless, of course, you're a divine priest. Even bards need to attack to sustain buffs, so even light bards can pull some benefits off of the ToK set's bonuses and ID for HE.

With the arena set however you got a set in game already that fits divines really well, so there's no need for them to use ToK. (And if you don't PvP, you can just use any random combination of blues since PvE is insanely easy)
  • YggdrasiI - Storm Legion
    YggdrasiI - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    With the arena set however you got a set in game already that fits divines really well, so there's no need for them to use ToK. (And if you don't PvP, you can just use any random combination of blues since PvE is insanely easy)

Oh I know. I was pointing out that literally everyone else can benefit from the armor but a divine priest in some form or another.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[YOU- drah- sil]
    If you want to shorten my name, don't call me 'Ygg.' Call me 'Mana.'

Grandia: Unity ☆ Teamwork ☆ Friendship I]grandia-storm.com/[/I
    ~~~~~~~~~~{ Never get left behind again. }~~~~~~~~~~
  • CycloneJok - Lionheart
    CycloneJok - Lionheart Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    tokhammer.jpg
    ~1096 max attack
  • OddFinrir - Lionheart
    OddFinrir - Lionheart Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    tokhammer.jpg
    ~1096 max attack

Fail Princess

fissurestonecrusher.jpg
  • CycloneJok - Lionheart
    CycloneJok - Lionheart Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Fail Princess

fissurestonecrusher.jpg

shhh somehow it didnt work >_>
  • Salaris - Lionheart
    Salaris - Lionheart Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    The set bonuses suck is why it can't sell, on top of being dropped frequently. I got the whole bard set in 3 days of running.

When they make all of the sets the same bonuses for every class it clearly states that they don't care about the non-pvp'ers and are basically forcing you to spend money to get high in arena, or make you sweat over killing world bosses.

On a side note, the new armor pieces look freaky D:
  • FreakyPrie - Nyos
    edited April 2012
    The set bonuses suck is why it can't sell, on top of being dropped frequently. I got the whole bard set in 3 days of running.

When they make all of the sets the same bonuses for every class it clearly states that they don't care about the non-pvp'ers and are basically forcing you to spend money to get high in arena, or make you sweat over killing world bosses.

On a side note, the new armor pieces look freaky D:

Sorry, but what?

The sets give DDs exactly what they need, more damage. They also give tanks what they need to tank: more damage to hold aggro. The raw basestats give you enough hp/def for anything PvE wise in this game, so all you need is more dmg.

Only classes it doesn't really work on would be light bards/divine priests but seriously. EVERY priest set after AoS one was some crappy HE/crit heal piece of ****. I'd say it's about high time priests got a nice set for the non divine priests. Not to mention with barely any HE healing in PvE in this game is already insanely easy. Don't see what you'd need more for.
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    Aishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    But it has mana D;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Impalia - Eyrda
    Impalia - Eyrda Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Sorry, but what?

The sets give DDs exactly what they need, more damage. They also give tanks what they need to tank: more damage to hold aggro. The raw basestats give you enough hp/def for anything PvE wise in this game, so all you need is more dmg.

Only classes it doesn't really work on would be light bards/divine priests but seriously. EVERY priest set after AoS one was some crappy HE/crit heal piece of ****. I'd say it's about high time priests got a nice set for the non divine priests. Not to mention with barely any HE healing in PvE in this game is already insanely easy. Don't see what you'd need more for.

Yeah I really don't know why they are complaining .... the set bonuses are all a little higher than the AS set, and the base Mana, Health, Attack, and Defense are also ALL bigger.

The only loss I see on the sets is the ToK sets don't have Evasion.

(furthermore, they can be reforged)
  • Riannie - Lionheart
    Riannie - Lionheart Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Yeah I really don't know why they are complaining .... the set bonuses are all a little higher than the AS set, and the base Mana, Health, Attack, and Defense are also ALL bigger.

The only loss I see on the sets is the ToK sets don't have Evasion.

(furthermore, they can be reforged)

You forgot crit damage for certain classes which can be made up from IDs
  • Impalia - Eyrda
    Impalia - Eyrda Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    You forgot crit damage for certain classes which can be made up from IDs

Eh you're right on that ..... 12 %. But, I'd prefer an extra 500 attack base on a fortified 77 set over that 12% any day of the week, because on my builds that 500 turns into 1700-2000 extra damage on crits, whereas the 12% on old attacks only gives me around 480 extra damage (on 4000 attack)