data modding think its possible ????

jruss12
jruss12 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
ok i heard about seven different stories in data modding and ive seen one for myself
anybody kno anything about it and how it works and wether its legal or not cause
i dont wanna do it and get aressted for it !!!
Post edited by jruss12 on

Comments

• Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    if you are talking about modifying and making changes to the game files, yes you can get into trouble for it
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • Trogotha - Storm Legion
    Trogotha - Storm Legion Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    jruss12 wrote: »
    ok i heard about seven different stories in data modding and ive seen one for myself
    anybody kno anything about it and how it works and wether its legal or not cause
    i dont wanna do it and get aressted for it !!!

Well, being arrested depends on your local laws regarding data security, etc. It's unlikely you'd face criminal charges unless you were attempting to get account info or cc info but you could face civil charges if Wanmei or PWE decided to file a lawsuit against you for illegally reverse engineering the game client.

However, if you were caught then you would most likely manage to get a permanent account ban as PWE does not take too kindly to folks messing around with the client. Also, not sure about FW but I know other PWE games run XShield iirc or some other form of anti-cheat detection software which would most likely catch you in the act but you can't not run said program since it needs to be operating correctly to let you connect to the game servers usually.

Best advice, don't do it.
    Dear PWE Staff: I can haz avatar nao plox? :D
    For SCIENCE (and the LULZ)!
  • parking
    parking Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    you mean Hacking the Game files?? Registered Copyrighted game files..

IE: Copyright infringment ? ? ? ? ?

Right about now Id rather rob a 7/11 or a white castle then get caught hacking copyrighted material,

wanna Hack something, hack some Banks mainframe and re-route 50 or 60 million to a country with no extradition in some equatorial location, Hire some merc and Move there
    You cant fix STUPID, but YOU CAN KILL IT ! ! !
    FYI:90% of my post is sarcasm,read it again and figure it out!
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    Brim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    parking wrote: »
    you mean Hacking the Game files?? Registered Copyrighted game files..

IE: Copyright infringment ? ? ? ? ?

Right about now Id rather rob a 7/11 or a white castle then get caught hacking copyrighted material,

wanna Hack something, hack some Banks mainframe and re-route 50 or 60 million to a country with no extradition in some equatorial location, Hire some merc and Move there

this guy has his priorities straight :cool:
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • botevmg1
    botevmg1 Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    First to ROFL at the guy with the bank robbery, cause that is impossible except if you are not willing to spend your next 20000000000 waiting for the cracking algorithm to finish.

As on the topic data modding as far as I know is forbiden, not impossible though. To clearify for some people that does not mean "hacking" to the PWE client etc... just modifing the interface data, as Skyrim has a lot of mods. What is more this data modding those not include any influence on the PWE servers and is quite unharmful. But I would wonder why u need that? As we saw Godly alry bots and it is not really hard to make an artificial behaviour without even hacking at all, or editing any data. Why would you do that?