so this game still worth playing?

queeeeee1
queeeeee1 Posts: 29 Arc User
edited March 2012 in General Discussion
i used to play like a year or longer ago but when i quit i deleted my char, mainly due to low population on storm and queueing 45 aos took like 5 hours and then fails with **** pugs , unless u know people or had an active guild that did it, and cashshop.

considering dling again but whats the population like now on each server, and in ur opinion is it still worth spending that much time getting analed by henry everyday and failing auto queue gear instances with pugs?(i bet after all this time aos auto queue still never happens)
Post edited by queeeeee1 on

Comments

• CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion
    CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion Posts: 2,401 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The population is pretty good. However, nobody is queuing, and thats just because people dont want to get fail groups. Id say join a guild, because this game is very guild focused, and not so much for soloing.
  • queeeeee1
    edited March 2012
    whats ranks of each server(not including eu, will be too high latency for me)'s populations like now? from highest to lowest, not including storm either i dont plan on going there again
  • PEZ - Eyrda
    PEZ - Eyrda Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Eyrda has a decent size of dedicated veterans. Sometimes I think half of the non-factors are just everybody's alts. Luckily, those people (level 80 already) have nothing to do but MAoS, and hopefully mentoring with the new patch (soul leaves), so you'll be able to level up fast in Eyrda.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The servers are extended gutters and the gutters are full of nova packs and when the drains finally scab over, all the players will drown. The accumulated wealth of all their orb opening and +12 refining will foam up about their waists and all the noobs and elites will look up and shout "Thank you!"

... and I'll whisper "Rollback."
  • CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion
    CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion Posts: 2,401 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Eyrda, Storm, and Illyfue are the most populated servers. Since you dont wanna play on storm or illyfue.. go eryda.
  • Seremela - Storm Legion
    Seremela - Storm Legion Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Yeeeah, no one pugs into *important* instances anymore. Usually people just get guildies together or build a squad by asking other players in World Chat.

FW has grown quite a bit; I would say that it would be worth giving a second chance. c: Find yourself a nice guild to join and it'll make things easier. Also, leveling won't be a problem until after level 60~ If you try hard, you can be level 60 in a matter of days. xD Quest EXP is x3 and x2 will be turned on at 3pm West coast time.

Whatever you decide to do, just have fun with it. c:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Signature by me. c: PM if you want one.
  • tientiensuser
    tientiensuser Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Instances at your level are usually pretty challenging. Especially if its your party's first playthrough. A good way to avoid the frustration of trial and error type gameplay is to run lower level instances doing mentor runs. Not too many wipes there. It adds a nice element to the game.
  • Victor - Illyfue
    Victor - Illyfue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Today I logged after half an a year or more without playing this game and it's just empty on my server. WTB> A way to stop them spamming my e-mail.
  • queeeeee1
    edited March 2012
    u can click the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the emails?
  • IMBALANZE - Lionheart
    IMBALANZE - Lionheart Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    go to another server

try lionheart :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
    drama aren't far from this siggy
  • itsphii
    itsphii Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Honest Answer : No

Reasons

1) Community is same people, which means same guilds top guilds. The best guild? The one with zerging, or most cash shoppers.

2)Cash shoppers, Spend 10 seconds using credit card = someone who spent 12 hours / day for 3~6 months farming.

3)Game is declining, as obvious as that is, service is horrid, and it's not as fun as it seems. It's just one of those typical addicting mmos that make you want to play, even though you're really not having fun.

4) There is no "end game" there's just more farming, more cash shopping, more gold required to beat the next person. When you do finally beat the next person you have nothing to do but repeat.

5) The game is a "team game" you can't solo farm... unless you have a priest to heal yourself on the lesser wbs.

6) Ty for reminding me why I should leave again.
  • tientiensuser
    edited March 2012
    Of course its worth playing. All MMOs are filled with elitism. Normally, its top guilds that have end game instances on farm status. Content that isnt accessible by the casual consumer. Its quite irritating to be paying 15 dollars a month just to be steam rolled by these people with too much time on their hands.

In this game, the elites are usually made up of cash shoppers. So you are still going to get steam rolled by somebody when coming here. You can farm for your own gear rather than buying it. But it is time consuming. Fortunately, its not any more time consuming than any other game. If this had been a subscription based MMO, you would be paying 15 dollars a month just to grind and farm for 6 straight months.

So the game is very accessible for the non-cash shopper. They give away free exp, free gear, and free mounts. Even cash shop items can be purchased through in game activites. Even though the game design is quite generous, thus nothing ever feels forced. It would be nice to support the game nonetheless.
  • Kaesyn - Storm Legion
    Kaesyn - Storm Legion Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    itsphii wrote: »
    1) Community is same people, which means same guilds top guilds. The best guild? The one with zerging, or most cash shoppers.

It's true, the community is fairly gimp. Especially since the majority are blinded by their experiences with some other PWE game and treat this as an expansion pack.

Ex:
    PlayerA: Isn't it weird that assassin's defining ability (stealth) is useless in PVE?
    PlayerB: NO! omfg stealth was OP in PWI!
    PlayerA: Several other games have implemented the skill just fine though.
    PlayerC: Omfg you just want sins to be OP like in PWI!
    PlayerA: I never even played that pos, it just seems silly...
    PlayerD: sins r op in pvp, yu cant have evrything
    PlayerA: How is that even relevant?
    PlayerE: Omg this is why I quit pwi!
    PlayerA:...
    2)Cash shoppers, Spend 10 seconds using credit card = someone who spent 12 hours / day for 3~6 months farming.

* Farming for 12hours/day is bad for your soul.
    * You act as if money grows on trees.
    * Despite this, it's sad that the entire gearing system can be instantly bought.
    4) There is no "end game" there's just more farming, more cash shopping, more gold required to beat the next person. When you do finally beat the next person you have nothing to do but repeat.

Unending content is a good thing! Sadly, this game lacks that though. The only thing challenging at all is pvp. So, it seems this game is nothing more than contest of who is willing to spend the most on their egos.
    5) The game is a "team game" you can't solo farm... unless you have a priest to heal yourself on the lesser wbs.

It's an MMO. Team play is the allure. If you aren't looking for this, play a solo rpg. They tend to be higher quality and less grindy anyways.
  • xtrobored
    xtrobored Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2012

Reasons

1) Community is same people

It feels more like the same person tbh. Every instance I do it's the same names again and again. Game is dying big time.
  • tientiensuser
    edited March 2012
    The game is fairly popular here. Cash shoppers will pretty much control end game. But Im used to that after having played other MMOs with subscription based systems. End game is often controlled by a small number of players who spend the most time grinding instances that the casual player would never get to play or would find interesting to play.

Here, you are also going to encounter the same kind of elitism. But its more a result of cash shopping rather than just people with endless time on their hands. Here, without a subscription based fee. I can determine the pace by which I play so I dont have to feel I must maximize the value I spent on a subscription fee.

The grinding experience isnt terrible. Many items are bind on equip, so you can purchase many items without forcing yourself to enter an instance. Some items can be as high as 6 diamonds. But you would be grinding for months for a comparable item in another game all the same, while still paying a subscription fee.
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    Aishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    3)Game is declining, as obvious as that is, service is horrid, and it's not as fun as it seems. It's just one of those typical addicting mmos that make you want to play, even though you're really not having fun.
    Actually I do have fun in a lot of other ways than competition. It's not all about competition especially in an MMO, otherwise I'd just play a FPS or some lobby game...

I love the visuals and designs (wings too), the animations and skill effects. I love the orb system, and the fact that you can't move and jump around like a monkey without any speed movement penalty, while attacking (like in some other games and it looks so stupid). It is also pretty interesting and fun to see your character grow in power without cash shopping, by playing the market and farming a bit.

I also love the fact that it gets regular updates / expansions, so I hope they keep going :) Although I'd prefer if they were a bit faster with making up new dungeons and maps, I want to explore the rest of Oeste already! :D

If you care ONLY about competition and none of the above then this game along with all other MMOs aren't really for you, a "sport" type lobby game would be better suited for you (talking in general not to someone specific)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PEZ - Eyrda
    PEZ - Eyrda Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I love the visuals and designs (wings too), the animations and skill effects.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT.

EVERYONE knows that Shyren only plays because he likes putting his female characters in skimpy outfits that show off their **** and butts. Oh, and their wings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The servers are extended gutters and the gutters are full of nova packs and when the drains finally scab over, all the players will drown. The accumulated wealth of all their orb opening and +12 refining will foam up about their waists and all the noobs and elites will look up and shout "Thank you!"

... and I'll whisper "Rollback."
  • _Psychopath_ - Eyrda
    _Psychopath_ - Eyrda Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    The game is not dead.
    Im still having fun playing it,but i really miss the game quality of the first months CB.(mostly the PVP part)
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    edited March 2012
    The game is not dead.
    Im still having fun playing it,but i really miss the game quality of the first months CB.(mostly the PVP part)
    Yeah I agree the community was much more "linked" and fun back then, I miss w/r fights too :(

and rofl PEZ :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Julia_VII - Storm Legion
    Julia_VII - Storm Legion Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Seriously no.

This game is addicting, enraging, and lacking content. You will grind/cash shop just to wave your e-peen around, until someone who spent more time/money on the game beats you and we are back to zero.

Game has no content, you are overwhelmed with the same daily quests forever. Customer Support doesn't give half of a f*ck about you, and you are ignored all the time.

Also Free to Play is a marketing strategy, you will spend more money here then you would on a Pay to Play subscription game. There are very few F2P that actually ARE F2P (League of Legends is a good example, only cosmetic items on cash shop)

TL;DR

Stay away from Perfect World Entertainment
  • Healison - Dyos
    Healison - Dyos Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2012

Reasons

6) Ty for reminding me why I should leave again.

+1

I thought PWE were really trying to innovate with this game.

But what came from it is a bunch of broken promises (features like god system etc) and an asian-grindfest pay2win MMO with a lack of end game content.
  • tientiensuser
    edited March 2012
    Compared to other mmos, Forsaken World is the least grindy. The Chinese version even has a grind bot that grinds for you while you afk.
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    edited March 2012
    Also Free to Play is a marketing strategy, you will spend more money here then you would on a Pay to Play subscription game.
    Nobody forces you to spend anything and there's no "blocked content" without paying like in other f2p

Also, in subscription ppl would QQ of others being "no lifers" or "hardcore farmers" :rolleyes: I'm still amazed people play MMOs when they QQ of such things that make a MMO being what it is in the first place
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • itsphii
    edited March 2012
    This game just has a poor cash shop system, where you can literally buy the best gems and the items to refine your gear to perfect. Along with a never ending supply of re-id scrolls, to further perfect your gear. Then you can use that money spent to get a surplus of gold to max out all your masteries and resistances.

Hopefully the new patch will bring something new into this game :p. Don't get me wrong arena, and immortal rift are pretty fun, but it's really about who has the biggest wings, or the most wings on one team. Unless the wings are equal :D then it's really who has better skills...
    Or who has higher mastery or resistance >.>.

Yet if you have the time to dedicate to this game, and find a good guild. Then yes it is pretty enjoyable, half the cash shoppers aren't even that great at the game anyways. There's nothing wrong with csing, it's just the fact that the game makes it appear that dedicated players < cash shoppers.
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    edited March 2012
    This game just has a poor cash shop system, where you can literally buy the best gems and the items to refine your gear to perfect. Along with a never ending supply of re-id scrolls, to further perfect your gear. Then you can use that money spent to get a surplus of gold to max out all your masteries and resistances.
    This is what I don't get. The cash shop itself is no where near imbalanced, most of the stuff in it is not that game breaking.

Even gambling orbs best prize is... a mount and pet for vanity and nothing that gives you a real advantage. If you want to know what a broken CS is look at PWI where gambling orbs give epic gear that is hard if not impossible to get otherwise, and best tome in game with a 0.002% chance.

The cash shoppers are OP because they "buy" gold, which is obvious it happens in every single game that allows "CS currency" to gold transfer (and this is a good thing obviously...). Hell, even in SUBSCRIPTION based games you can still buy gold from gold sellers or w/e.

I don't know why you think this one is different, there's QQs about "advantages" in every single game even p2p, basically ppl QQing about what makes MMOs what they are... so I don't get why those kind of ppl play them. For example, I don't CS but my main has lv2 wings and 70 mastery. Many people call me CSer, some no lifer, and a few call me hardcore, but whatever they just prove my point more.

If I made this much money to become OP in this game over time where people can legally "buy gold", what makes you think I can't in p2p games, and what makes you think I'm the only one that can?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • itsphii
    edited March 2012
    This is what I don't get. The cash shop itself is no where near imbalanced, most of the stuff in it is not that game breaking.

Even gambling orbs best prize is... a mount and pet for vanity and nothing that gives you a real advantage. If you want to know what a broken CS is look at PWI where gambling orbs give epic gear that is hard if not impossible to get otherwise, and best tome in game with a 0.002% chance.

The cash shoppers are OP because they "buy" gold, which is obvious it happens in every single game that allows "CS currency" to gold transfer (and this is a good thing obviously...). Hell, even in SUBSCRIPTION based games you can still buy gold from gold sellers or w/e.

I don't know why you think this one is different, there's QQs about "advantages" in every single game even p2p, basically ppl QQing about what makes MMOs what they are... so I don't get why those kind of ppl play them. For example, I don't CS but my main has lv2 wings and 70 mastery. Many people call me CSer, some no lifer, and a few call me hardcore, but whatever they just prove my point more.

If I made this much money to become OP in this game over time where people can legally "buy gold", what makes you think I can't in p2p games, and what makes you think I'm the only one that can?

The thing is that it takes so much time, that new comers can hardly catch up. Also the lvl 5 blood stones are just ridiculous, and i'm sure there will be more promotions like that.. especially if lvl 5 evasion stones come out it'll be impossible to hit those people with double evasion ID's. You're completely right about the fact this can happen in any other game, and I completely forgot that XD. The only thing that makes it more irritating I suppose is the fact that you can literally buy the gems. It's basically saying "oh no you don't need to illegally buy the gold, just buy the gems this way"!, but you also gain a ton of leaves in the process. There's nothing wrong with dedicating tons of time to a game, because nearly every game requires much time, but it's worth it as long as people enjoy spending that time. I just find it annoying that if the event comes that there will be another level 5 gem coming out, such as accuracy or evasion, then there will be a point where level 3 gems won't even be on par to fight half the players in the server.
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    edited March 2012
    Now that is what I agree with, not a CSing problem in itself, but more about how hard it is to get the "top stuff" in the game (such as level IV or V gems, high mastery, etc). And obviously heavy CSers are gonna get this top stuff no matter what or the cost

That's why I'm sad on CN servers everything is so much cheaper and we get it so expensive here :/ But I hope with time they'll make it easier, for example I know they just added stackable gems with recent update on CN, and something about doing GL 5 times a day, and reforge 100 times a week, I think level 3 and 4 gems won't be such a big problem to get anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ICanHazLoliz - Illyfue
    ICanHazLoliz - Illyfue Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2012

That's why I'm sad on CN servers everything is so much cheaper and we get it so expensive here :/ But I hope with time they'll make it easier, for example I know they just added stackable gems with recent update on CN, and something about doing GL 5 times a day, and reforge 100 times a week, I think level 3 and 4 gems won't be such a big problem to get anymore.

Compairing the pricing between the CN and the US version of the game is as stupid as it is pointless. US has a per capita yearly income of around 48000$ In China, it's less than 8500$ Of course things in China are gonna be much cheaper, how on earth would you expect the Chinese to pay anywhere near the same prices as Americans when their income is 5 times smaller???
  • tientiensuser
    edited March 2012
    No, I dislike time consuming games. If a game requires you to spend more time in order to be more competitive, then its not worth it to me. The game essentially becomes an endless grinder. The alternative here then becomes who can then spend the most money purchasing cash shop items. Which is another pitfall because people neither want to grind or have to pour excessive cash in order to become or remain competitive. So you end up with two results that are anything but ideal.

What makes the game competitive over other games is simply that other games would still force you into the grinding habit while still paying a subscription fee. No one wants to pay money into a game just so they can grind for the next 6 months or however long they decide to play the game. Advance training, Exos, and Campfires then make leveling much easier to sit through. Since you arent actually sitting through them with the exception of the exo.
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    edited March 2012
    Compairing the pricing between the CN and the US version of the game is as stupid as it is pointless. US has a per capita yearly income of around 48000$ In China, it's less than 8500$ Of course things in China are gonna be much cheaper, how on earth would you expect the Chinese to pay anywhere near the same prices as Americans when their income is 5 times smaller???
    Yes that is why more than half of the active players on CN got level 3 wings, how many are here again? :rolleyes: We have as many level 1 wings here as level 2 there. There's almost nobody there without wings except maybe someone who just started playing...

Not to mention there are many CN people with maxed mastery and resistances :) when here nobody and I mean NOBODY has level 100 of ONE mastery, not to mention the seven resistances...

And before you start with stupid rumors and **** about a "big CSer" having level 100 mastery, let me tell you I doubt it, because biggest CSer on this server has level 94 I think and it's way ahead the rest, most people stop at 80, only very few went past but even those stop at 90.

Why? Cuz level 60-80 costs a bit less than 60D, level 80-100 costs... wait for it... over 400D. Level 99-100 alone is 50D. That's for +10 mastery bonus. So don't believe someone actually got level 100 mastery unless they wear the purple title, because nobody spends 50D which is a lot here for +10 mastery
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ICanHazLoliz - Illyfue
    ICanHazLoliz - Illyfue Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Yes that is why more than half of the active players on CN got level 3 wings, how many are here again? :rolleyes: We have as many level 1 wings here as level 2 there. There's almost nobody there without wings except maybe someone who just started playing...

Not to mention there are many CN people with maxed mastery and resistances :) when here nobody and I mean NOBODY has level 100 of ONE mastery, not to mention the seven resistances...

And before you start with stupid rumors and **** about a "big CSer" having level 100 mastery, let me tell you I doubt it, because biggest CSer on this server has level 94 I think and it's way ahead the rest, most people stop at 80, only very few went past but even those stop at 90.

Why? Cuz level 60-80 costs a bit less than 60D, level 80-100 costs... wait for it... over 400D. Level 99-100 alone is 50D. That's for +10 mastery bonus. So don't believe someone actually got level 100 mastery unless they wear the purple title, because nobody spends 50D which is a lot here for +10 mastery

Any stats showing how half the active players in CN have lv3 wings, or should I take your word on it?
    Yeah, people over in China do indeed have much richer toons than here, but then again the people over in China that do have access to the game are also richer than the average Chinese, on whose income the prices where based on...

And, anyway, why do you think this is better? You think that now you can't catch up with the heavy cashopers unless you pay huge amounts of money, and that if it was cheap enough so that you could cheaply max everything tat would fix things, well, let me say how I see it: Right now, by spending nothing on the game, you can still compete on the same level with pretty much anyone who has spent up to 1k $ or so, because that amount of money is not enough to really get them enough power... The only problem is the small elite of heavy cashopers on the top of the rankings, which, unless you are some hardcore player you'd never aim for anyway. But if 1k $ was enough to max out your character, then there would be a visible divide between the free players and everyone who has spent even a moderate amount of cash on the game... which means that, in that case, the whole upper half of the rankings would be out of touch without paying.
    I personally prefer it as it is now - being able to compete with 95% of the server for free sounds much better than being able to compete only with the 60-70% that has spent less than 100$...