Are protectors attack really that low?

2»

Comments

• Leisses - Eyrda
    Leisses - Eyrda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Counter Strike can get a 1s cooldown.
    FoL will take my Fury but with build you can recover them easy attacking.
    The sequence to hit well at Granite build, which is not the best build for damage is exactly like you said.
    With that sequence you'll attack enemy with Light attacks full time (as far as I know Elemental warriors at least can't full time Wind attacks), which makes me able to use my highest Mastery full time (this can easily make 200~300 mastery difference = 20~30% damage); CS will be half of your skill using; enemy will take 135+30% Resistance reduction; after 50% hp he will get -4% Crit Dodge; and all my light skills have 6% extra crit chance. So I have full time 14% Crit Chance and can decrease target's crit dodge by 4%. I think it's enough Crit Chance to compare with Warriors ocasional increased crit chances.

And I'm not even talking about the right build to make damage, which is Diamond.
  • Ginius - Illyfue
    Ginius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited September 2011

And I'm not even talking about the right build to make damage, which is Diamond.

How come I'm always stealing aggro from wings diamond prot in a few seconds each time (was alerady doing that when I had less than 50 chroma vs winged diamond prots).

Too bad we're not on the same server, but what would be good would be that you go on a boss (like the little WBs in SJ) with an elemental wr with similar eq, display all damages, and record a vidz of this for like 1-2 minutes, like this I would be able to see if the wr is using the correct skill rotation and if you're outdamaging him nonetheless..

And about ele wr actually they can do full wind damages, but the best rotations makes them hitting 6 out of 7 times with wind skills, and 1 with physical skill.

My knowledge about prots is fairly limited, but my experience makes me believe that their damages is not even close too one of the best single dps targets, we can even see some signinficant time difference in instance when running with a prot (not talking about marble) and one run with any other dps) that's why I really need to see some proofs..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • RattuS - Dyos
    RattuS - Dyos Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Diamond is the damage dealing tree when talking about Protector, not a (good) damage dealer in general. Diamond still has a lot of CC abilities though, so you can probably compare Diamond with the Ice Mage: although he is able to deal damage, his CC abilities are still more powerful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.Imperium-Liberum.de
  • Leisses - Eyrda
    edited September 2011
    Ginius the thing is almost all Diamond protectors keep making the same set as if they were Marble (Def+HP), so they don't have a great aggro like Marble and don't have a good damage like it should be for a Diamond.
  • diamondmarble
    diamondmarble Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    What equips options do you recommend for Diamond build Protector? Thanks for sharing.
  • MrThing - Storm Legion
    MrThing - Storm Legion Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I can see how diamond dps can get really high but that means we cant stack def well not as much. Problem if we do that we how be squishy as a warrior
  • Leisses - Eyrda
    edited September 2011
    diamondmarble all you need to do damage is Attack + Mastery + Crit Chance + Crit Damage o.O
  • diamondmarble
    diamondmarble Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Ginius the thing is almost all Diamond protectors keep making the same set as if they were Marble (Def+HP), so they don't have a great aggro like Marble and don't have a good damage like it should be for a Diamond.

How about for gems? For Diamond, does crit chance/damage work? I'm only using atk and accuracy then fill def and hp.
  • Leisses - Eyrda
    edited September 2011
    Stack the max you can on those 4 things and you'll have a great damage. Personally I think Crit Chance/Crit Damage more important followed by Mastery and in the end the damage itself. But only if you stack a lot of those things.

I'll fusion all my Solarflares to make a level 4 one and open slots for those gems as soon as I make all set +9.

Oh! And I changed my build to misc on all builds. Testing some things =D
  • MrThing - Storm Legion
    edited September 2011
    after today pvp i dont find that its the damage is our problem to me its the movement speed. it feels like it takes forever to cast a stun r to gather orbs only fix i see is if the devs change the cooldown of gale to 30 seconds :D
  • Acier - Eyrda
    Acier - Eyrda Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Prots move pretty well actually.
  • MrThing - Storm Legion
    edited October 2011
    Prots move pretty well actually.

I find wen u r the last one left alive which usually is the case and ur racial stun/ gale is on cooldown range classes could give u hell gettin to them. I been dps down by a mage while I had redhand and he didnt just because I could get to him because of him freeze and since we r the only close combat class witout some kind of charge I suggest lowin the cooldown of gale ( this is all from my own experience take it wut a gain of sand):D
  • Leisses - Eyrda
    edited October 2011
    MrThing I have this problem too. But all you can do on that situation is rely on lucky. We can't do all.

If possible try to use Earth Fury in those situations. So you can reach the enemy and cast Force of Fury to have time to kill him.

PS.: I'm giving 22k damage at Arena in a crit with Counter Strike against TOUGH enemies. HELL YEAHH!!!!
  • Lourd - Eyrda
    Lourd - Eyrda Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    MrThing I have this problem too. But all you can do on that situation is rely on lucky. We can't do all.

If possible try to use Earth Fury in those situations. So you can reach the enemy and cast Force of Fury to have time to kill him.

PS.: I'm giving 22k damage at Arena in a crit with Counter Strike against TOUGH enemies. HELL YEAHH!!!!

haha, you go man :D
  • icauseriots
    icauseriots Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Actually if you go attack based marble your attack is epic. Go with earth attack and regular attack. It actually helps you hold aggro on top of your attack being awesome for your clase. Prots get a majority of their damage from base damage so you need that up. The bonus aggro also comes from damage so it's a win:win.
    IGN:Fakie
    Guild:RAWR
    Class: Marble Protector

Waiting for the world that is Forasken!

RAWR!
  • rayminh
    rayminh Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    prot's attack is not low
    my base attack is 3.8k, my hardsmash hit around 9-10k on average
    however, prot's skill are one of the slowest skill and unlike war's skill, doesnt add crit chance and such, that's why prot's dps is low
  • icauseriots
    icauseriots Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Once you get retal aura that all changes. Retal aura is like a consistent DoT and it hurts in pvp. Earth Pen 2 does A LOT of damage. You don't need the quick dps. I've hit 11 or 12k on players just with EP2. You just have to know how to gear and play your class.
    IGN:Fakie
    Guild:RAWR
    Class: Marble Protector

Waiting for the world that is Forasken!

RAWR!