Never ending 3x exp...

Comments

• Tsukyini - Eyrda
    Tsukyini - Eyrda Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    melnii wrote: »
    Hnnng, why are all these events only for people with a Facebook account? ;-;

Cuz it's free Facebook advertizing for them.
  • FreakyPrie - Nyos
    FreakyPrie - Nyos Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    First off anyone saying that you need 3x before you hit 70 is just talking ****. :rolleyes:
    Levelling up to 70 went extremely fast without 3x, I'm not sure what games people played before to call the lvling rate here "slow" but my guess is private servers...

About 3x itself, it's an extremely flawed "patch" for us not receiving antus fruit. Simple as that. And since it doesn't seem like they'll ever bother with patching it (not sure if they even bothered implementing it or whether we were never supposed to have it to begin with :rolleyes:), it's pretty clear that it'll stay forever since it's highly unlikely that the 70+ exp rate will be changed from the CN one.
  • melnii
    melnii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012

But but I want soul gold too. ;^;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is Onomatomania, my avatar thing is messed up.
  • RiiH - Lionheart
    RiiH - Lionheart Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Hnnng, why are all these events only for people with a Facebook account? ;-;

You guys do realize that you can delete that particular FW post on your wall, if you know it might bug your friends at any time :o

I personally don't want to see my own wall over-clogged, cos whoever's on my FL on FB is already playing a few PWE games. No point in making them feel harassed with that message anymore :p

Normally, I'd leave the post on my wall for a day. When 24 hours have passed and I logged it once more for the freebie, I'd just delete off the previous day post. At least, only the latest is showing xD
    RiiH | Marksman | Ascension Guild

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

◊ Ascension is recruiting active Lv50+ players
    ◊ Ascension is all about need before greed and building ourselves up together!~

tinyurl.com/ascensionfw
  • icauseriots
    icauseriots Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Why should there be compensation for something that was extra to begin with? If your gonna quit because there isn't an easy way to level than so be it. Leave! End game is supposed to be slow and hard to get. Your supposed to actually achieve it. They make it so easy to level right now that it's crazy. Too many people are hitting 'end game' and not knowing a god damn thing about the game. They aren't all noobs either! Some of them are actually decent people who just didn't get the chance to actually learn it because they were moving too fast. People can't get their main quests done, falling behind on achievements, can't sell anything cause none of the market for the lower level gear matters any more. People need to pull up their skirts and deal with the game like we did before the never ending 3x. We all got to 60+ with no problem.
    IGN:Fakie
    Guild:RAWR
    Class: Marble Protector

Waiting for the world that is Forasken!

RAWR!
  • Heraldoni - Illyfue
    Heraldoni - Illyfue Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    The best way would be to have it kick in at level 45 or so. That leaves to low levels free of it and not having to chase their own tails to get the sg for skills, gear etc. Whether it be a passive skill that everyone gets free at level 45 or however it's done, doesn't matter.

The problem is not so much one of having players who don't know how to play their character, it's mostly trying to get the sg for everything you need as you level up.
  • Tsukyini - Eyrda
    edited January 2012
    So, people are seriously more indignant over the 3x exp than the fact that you can use AFK training to level without actually even playing the game? I know people in their 70s who haven't done anything apart from Henry dailies and AFK exp since they were in their 30s. :rolleyes:
  • Bewmy - Nyos
    Bewmy - Nyos Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    3x exp is teh bestest thing ever o:
    IGN: Bewmy
    Race: Dwarf
    Class: Marksman

Pew-Pew'ing Everyone I See With Mah Bewm-Stick o_o
  • melnii
    melnii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    You guys do realize that you can delete that particular FW post on your wall, if you know it might bug your friends at any time :o

I personally don't want to see my own wall over-clogged, cos whoever's on my FL on FB is already playing a few PWE games. No point in making them feel harassed with that message anymore :p

Normally, I'd leave the post on my wall for a day. When 24 hours have passed and I logged it once more for the freebie, I'd just delete off the previous day post. At least, only the latest is showing xD

What's wall? If it's something on Facebook, well that's the problem; I don't have a Facebook. o.o

So, people are seriously more indignant over the 3x exp than the fact that you can use AFK training to level without actually even playing the game? I know people in their 70s who haven't done anything apart from Henry dailies and AFK exp since they were in their 30s. :rolleyes:

This is actually the only problem I have, indeed. There are level 70's who go "what's Glinstening Lowland :D" because they never done an instance. And I'm not making this up, I got a level 70 asking what it was for real. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is Onomatomania, my avatar thing is messed up.
  • Deicidea - Storm Legion
    Deicidea - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Which brings back this question: Why or How on earth did this 3x EXP came from? Because of Lunar New Year celebrations? If so, that means it would be a good 2.5 to 3 weeks worth since there's an actual 15 days of Lunar New Year celebrations, followed by an extra day which is the eve of Lunar New Year, making it a total of 16 days of celebration for the Mandarin speaking population.

3X EXP is good, especially if you're bent on leveling that 1 char for the moment or if you're high level. But I do have to admit, it's not any good for low level char(s) or alt(s). My alt is just leveling so fast with not enough soul coins, despite doing all those quests from SoO on an almost daily basis. And the other reason being new players leveling too fast before they get to understand their class a little.

Take my alt for example, I managed to accumulate around 5-6g soul coins worth, only to have to spend them all immediately cos this alt leveled and need to upgrade/learn new skills. In fact, my alt gets poorer and level faster.

Personally, I appreciate the ocassional 3x, at least there's no need to grind so much. But too much all at once is kinda overkill.
    The 3x Quest EXP was turned on "indefinitely" as a way to combat the hell it was to level in the beginning of the game. It was a feature that was implemented on purpose, and it was done MANY months ago.
    I'm a Carebear, I PewPew with Rainbows and Butterflies.
    (>")> ==--- <3<3<3
    Characters:
    Deicidea - 5x Rebel Priest // Livid - 4x Dark Assassin
    Melodei - 4x Light Bard // LickMyLoli - 3x Burst Marksman
    Gwendolynne - 3x Aegis Warrior // Cappadocia - 3x Blood Vampire
  • RiiH - Lionheart
    edited January 2012
    What's wall? If it's something on Facebook, well that's the problem; I don't have a Facebook. o.o

You should try having a FB, cos you are missing out on all the FB-related goodies. And a FB Wall is where you can restrict anyone to nobody from reading/posting and non-friends from seeing what's on it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tinyurl.com/ascensionfw
  • Siballa - Lionheart
    Siballa - Lionheart Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Here is my two cents on this then I am off again. I have quit playing FW for several reasons the biggest one is the 3xp, in fact I looged on today to see if it might have went away so I could start playing again. I like the hanging out and taking time to level a character, doing other stuff besides just mission level grinding. I look at it this way, if you get a character and you power level grind (and with 3xp that helps) then you get to the end of the game, what are you going to do then? I like having an experience boost every now and then but to have full time is stupid.

I play a game and I have the option to buy exp boosts in the store which I sometimes do especially if I am real close to a level and not much time to play I might give myself the boost up but generally these games are better without it when you have to actually work for your levels instead of having them hand it to you with a full time exp boost
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    misthollow
    ordernet.ws online gaming community
  • RiiH - Lionheart
    edited January 2012
    Here is my two cents on this then I am off again. I have quit playing FW for several reasons the biggest one is the 3xp, in fact I looged on today to see if it might have went away so I could start playing again. I like the hanging out and taking time to level a character, doing other stuff besides just mission level grinding. I look at it this way, if you get a character and you power level grind (and with 3xp that helps) then you get to the end of the game, what are you going to do then? I like having an experience boost every now and then but to have full time is stupid.

I play a game and I have the option to buy exp boosts in the store which I sometimes do especially if I am real close to a level and not much time to play I might give myself the boost up but generally these games are better without it when you have to actually work for your levels instead of having them hand it to you with a full time exp boost

I kinda have to agree with you somehow. Grinding is good sometimes, it makes you appreciate being able to do certain things when you're at least or close to the right level. Most of other classes for my alts are still lying in storage, I just don't want to log them in and level them too much.

Take school holidays for example. When it's school days, everyone wishes for school holidays cos we do not need to go to school. But when school holidays are on, everyone wishes it's over fast enough cos we all miss going to school and hanging out with our friends and seeing the days pass by fast enough.

It's almost a love-hate relationship for all of us regarding the 3x EXP. I'd say it's good for higher level players since they probably need them more than lowbies like me. But at the same time, lowbies are leveling too fast and I wish they would go away. Too bad, this doesn't work both ways.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tinyurl.com/ascensionfw
  • Tsukyini - Eyrda
    edited January 2012
    generally these games are better without it when you have to actually work for your levels instead of having them hand it to you with a full time exp boost

If they had just tripled the quest experience rewards and called it 'normal' instead of leaving it the same with the '3x' I doubt there would be as much whining about it. :rolleyes:

Triple quest exp is not the worst thing in the game. AFK exp is much worse since it promotes not even playing the game. It's the same reason I lost interest in BOI.
  • YggdrasiI - Storm Legion
    YggdrasiI - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It would be really nice to see this go considering it's killing the damn game. >.< It ruins the economy, way too many people are leveling up way too fast, a lot of end game noobs with no gear, and people just simply don't know their class. Now giving extra exp once in a while is awesome but leaving it on like this? Feels like a private server sometimes. Anyone else agree?

Players ruin a player based economy, not the quest experience. Players with bad gear is solely their own fault; do not place blame where it doesn't belong. It is a player's choice how quickly they level up, the triple experience boost is just something that can, or cannot, be taken advantage of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[YOU- drah- sil]
    If you want to shorten my name, don't call me 'Ygg.' Call me 'Mana.'

Grandia: Unity ☆ Teamwork ☆ Friendship I]grandia-storm.com/[/I
    ~~~~~~~~~~{ Never get left behind again. }~~~~~~~~~~
  • vncsdjie
    vncsdjie Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    This 3x XP really needs to go, i'm leveling way to fast, and i'm not making sufficient money for training, so i'm level 27, and i'm poor from spending all my money on gear and training, plus i'm not learning anything by one hitting level 12 wolves. This is rediculous...
  • First_Aid - Eyrda
    First_Aid - Eyrda Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    vncsdjie wrote: »
    This 3x XP really needs to go, i'm leveling way to fast, and i'm not making sufficient money for training, so i'm level 27, and i'm poor from spending all my money on gear and training, plus i'm not learning anything by one hitting level 12 wolves. This is rediculous...

K whatever, you started that alt account on the 11th of Feb this year...your currently lvl 27 elf warrior...today is the 17th...yeah mate, very fast leveling.

Troll got Trolled :) (did i say that right? im still trying to understand the full meaning of "troll")
  • CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion
    CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion Posts: 2,401 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    vncsdjie wrote: »

You are lvl27... ofcourse you are lvling fast NOW.

Let me tell you something, lvl79-80 takes about a month if you are fast, and thats WITH 3x exp. The rumored final lvlcap is 120.

Go lvl some more before you start complaining, cuz it will slow down alot at higher lvls.
  • homosimpsons
    homosimpsons Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Dark Sea 10
    Sciolism: What is the underlying lesson?
    Answer: "You can't make everyone happy all the time."
  • Riannie - Lionheart
    Riannie - Lionheart Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Dark Sea 10
    Sciolism: What is the underlying lesson?
    Answer: "You can't make everyone happy all the time."

Haha! I knew you would use that from those books :p
  • Nosthgil - Nyos
    Nosthgil - Nyos Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Killing the damm game??? it looks like u're not high lvl yet, I would like to see you around lvl 65+ and see if u say the same thing >.>

If u don't like to lvl up before u can notice while u're lowbie, it's simple: don't do henry quests nor GT, nor anything that gives hig exp, and just lvl up by doing main quests, only main quests and nothing elese, at least till u get to lvl 30, it's what I do with my alts, when I wanna try them and learn their skills.

But let the x3 exp alone, we high lvls need it.
  • bulltoo
    bulltoo Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    well,, well,, well,,,

The BIG PATCH is Coming ,,,,

Are you level 80 yet?? No ? Well then your gonna want the 3X Exp bonus so you can rush 80 and enjoy the BIG PATCH aint ya now ???

I want a 3 X DROP weekend thats what I want ! ! ! !
  • Dracoa - Storm Legion
    Dracoa - Storm Legion Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I'm of two minds on this. Basically, unlike a lot of high level players, I'm not being selfish and just looking out for just myself (and I know that will anger some, because I'm hitting a nerve with the truth).

First, as a lvl 78 it's a big help (even if it is a nightmare to level even with it, I have about 8 bars to 79, and it's been around 2 weeks since I hit 78), so I appreciate it.

Second, I remember being a low level without the 3x XP and actually experiencing the game. A new player can come in and hit 20+ without ever touching an instance, like FR, in a matter of a couple of hours, in a single play session. That's basically bypassing FR completely seeing as just doing the quests in in Freedom Harbor, and then going straight to GT, which is massive XP before the 3x XP. Basically, low levels are missing out on the game, and they aren't knowing how to play. Yes, there are always going to be those who don't know how to play, no matter what, but the 3x XP is only making the problem worse. I would have hated to have the 3x XP when I was first starting, and I probably would have quit because I was going through the levels TOO FAST.

A balance needs to be struck. Either the end game quests need to give more XP and get rid of the 3x XP, or lower levels need to require more XP and keep the 3x XP. Unfortunately I know neither are going to happen.
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    All games bypass low level content as time passes, simply to let new players catch up to the older ones. If you have to go through the same things someone who played 6 months before you did, then you'd quit if you want to be competitive in any way.

This is why I hate low level content. All games should focus on endgame content and loads of it. Unfortunately, we are JUST getting it now. Need tons more IMO.
  • Thuundyrhaamyr - Lionheart
    Thuundyrhaamyr - Lionheart Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    if you don't like 3x exp quit the game because i assure you one you hit 70 or even 60 lvling up isnt as easy as it seems

btw how many of you idoits who WANT no 3x exp are higher than lvl 50? higher than lvl 60? 70? 75? untill you pass these lvl shut your pie hole and play or quit

My sentiments exactly, as I have to work a full-time job, very often with Overtime. I only have a very few hours a workday to play, so 3X EXP on all quests turned in is good for us casual gamers.:(

So wtf if there's a few higher level noobs/nubs/newbs everybody has to contend with now & then? If you can't enjoy the game as the rest of us do, go find yourself an MMORPG that takes forever to level up & tell us how happy your are playing it then, especially after your character has been killed a bazzillion times before reaching the half-way-to-endgame mark.:rolleyes:

To Baw-Baw-Q-Q over what the majority of this game's player-base enjoys about this game's ease of leveling is pointless & therefore counterproductive. Enough already with the crybaby whining and complaining & either enjoy the game like the rest of us do, or SUFO&D!:mad:
  • Rhythem - Lionheart
    Rhythem - Lionheart Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    its funny when they QQ about things GIVEN to them, I played the first day, and before OB when there was NO SUCH THING as 3x quest exp until i hit 70. i'd love to see all the new spoiled noobs go through that grind xD

it would be Glorious, i'd come back to this game just to see them whine and writhe.
    <Forever with Fullmetal>

Yes, my girlfriend is using a male character.
    Yes, we are both female. :3
    Problem?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Rhythem - Lvl 80 Bard
  • IMBALANZE - Lionheart
    IMBALANZE - Lionheart Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    its funny when they QQ about things GIVEN to them, I played the first day, and before OB when there was NO SUCH THING as 3x quest exp until i hit 70. i'd love to see all the new spoiled noobs go through that grind xD

it would be Glorious, i'd come back to this game just to see them whine and writhe.

true

in the past getting from 30 to 40 takes a few weeks of non stop instance run since we all have finished our dailies already
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
    drama aren't far from this siggy
  • turtlerr
    turtlerr Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Taking away 3x xp would just kill everyone to even level up and just go afking making the game boring.
  • Dracoa - Storm Legion
    Dracoa - Storm Legion Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    This is the buff that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people activated it, not knowing what it was, and the player'll continue using it forever just because...
  • Leoslyre - Lionheart
    Leoslyre - Lionheart Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    This is the buff that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people activated it, not knowing what it was, and the player'll continue using it forever just because...

+1000 for Nostalgia
    Light that shines within the heart;
    Music played then turned to art.
    Combine the two and what transpires;
    a healing bard named Leo's Lyre.