Can female characters have some more practical armor and design options?

ribonuclear
ribonuclear Posts: 15 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Suggestion Box
Also known as, "women actually are half the human population".

I'm pretty much expecting to be inundated by immature teenage boys making jokes/suggestive remarks/assumptions about my physical attractiveness, but I hope that at least some people will think about this seriously. It's not exactly a secret that the vast majority of RPGs are aimed towards heterosexual men, and I know I can't realistically expect games that don't have some kind of fanservice aimed at straight guys. And it's cool that at least some of the male character armor/appearance (like a few of the Assassin armors) seem to have fanservice options for straight girls, I guess.

However, when I sign up with a game I don't really expect to have F-cup underboob and thong/miniskirt combos shoved in my face from the first minute. And I don't want to have to play male characters just to avoid playing a character whose armor is all ridiculously skimpy!

For example:

Vamp_M_Rev.pngBlood-Drinker%27s-Armor.jpg

One vampire guy in a nice smart, practical tunic and flats. And... one vampire girl in-- that's not even a miniskirt for crying out loud, that's a gal who forgot to put her trousers on this morning. You can see her **** from the back when she's running, for crying out loud. And apparently she forgot her bra as well?

Sin_M_Rev.pngSin_F_Rev.png

Ditto: one assassin guy in some relatively practical armor, maybe a whiff of fanservice but not so much that your average teenage boy wouldn't play this character. On the other hand, what's this?-- this woman didn't even just forget her trousers, this time it's her entire outfit! What's with the underboob? Is this a sneaky plan to surprise the enemy by falling out of her armor in mid-strike?

Joking aside:

FW team, by basing the way that female characters act and look on ideas of straight male fanservice you alienate a potential half of your players.

They're unrelatable. They make female players feel humiliated and belittled. Essentially what all of the female wearable equipment says is "You cannot take me seriously because even though I'm supposedly a fighter, you and I know that all I'm really here for is for straight teenage boys to ogle."

I'm not saying 'have no fanservice at all', I know you won't do that, because sex sells and that's a fact. However, I would love to see at least some equipment for female characters that is-- dare I say it?-- a little more respectful. In game, a player's character is their avatar, the way they present themselves to the other players, and a great many women playing games want to be able to present themselves in some way other than "I'm just here for you to drool over".

To round it off, here are my suggestions of what would be really nice to see introduced into the game:

---Cash shop sets that are more practical, utilitarian, or at least not wildly implausible, to give players the option of making their female characters look like actual fighters. No, I'm not saying only make those, because people usually want flashy CS sets and I understand that: just one or two sets that didn't involve cleavage, suspenders, stiletto heels and bikini bottoms would be great! Plus practical clothes can be flashy, those two things aren't mutually exclusive by any means.
Even falling back on the silly old "women like pretty things, just make everything frilly and pink" chestnut and creating some cash shop sets that are cute and modern as opposed to overtly eroticised or just fetish outfits (schoolgirl, anyone?) would be better, at least that acknowledges the presence of female players.

---Armor that doesn't look like a bikini, fetish outfit, or something out of a Star Trek episode where Cpt. Kirk gets laid. If you really can't give up the fanservice, it is possible for armor to be both practical (like, not revealing a whole swathe of skin where conveniently the heart and/or internal organs are right underneath and unprotected) and sexy.
I'm not saying 'don't give female characters the option of looking sexy', just please, stop forcing female characters to have to look sexy. You aren't doing that to the male characters, stop doing it to female ones.

---Some practical hairstyles. Short hair, ponytails where the fringe wouldn't be swinging in the character's eyes if they were real. Maybe even a mohawk or a buzz cut or a shaved head option or something like that?! (I'd like to point out that PWI did it and the world didn't end.)

---Maybe a couple of faces that are older, less vapid-looking, or more battle-worn? (Hey, the male characters have plenty of those.) Or a few different body options other than the "Barbie" look?

If you object to these requests on the terms that not enough women play your game, or MMOs in general, maybe you need to consider that they would if they were not made to feel objectified and alienated by these games. The secret to making women play your games is not to make them pink and frilly, it's to give them good gameplay that draws them in rather than forces them to be fanservice for little boys. And these women? They all have money too. It is, after all, the 21st century.
Post edited by ribonuclear on

Comments

• Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    You are talking about one race, which by the way is supposed to be sexy and have major sex appeal

If you don't like the way the Kindred look then don't play it

Before you jump on me for making my comment I am also a female, and I don't care how they pixles are dressed, it's a game, not real life and yes I do see females dress like this out in thye real world and know what....I don't care about that either.

As for your comment about making females "They make female players feel humiliated and belittled" that's just you, I don't feel humiliated or belittled, becuase I'm comfortable with who I am, and I could care less if a bunch of pixels look this way.

There are also a ton of outfits in the cash shop that can cover your char up if that's what you want, but please do not speak for the entire female group of players, and yes I do know quite a few that play the Kindred and are ok with it.
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • Magicka - Storm Legion
    Magicka - Storm Legion Posts: 2,061 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Ahhhh Fantasy Games.....

Wish I had the figure of a Kindred in Real Life!

(Female, over 40 and loves the sexy gear)

:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    'I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well
    as you deserve.' ~ Bilbo Baggins
  • ribonuclear
    edited January 2012
    You are talking about one race, which by the way is supposed to be sexy and have major sex appeal

If you don't like the way the Kindred look then don't play it

Before you jump on me for making my comment I am also a female, and I don't care how they pixles are dressed, it's a game, not real life and yes I do see females dress like this out in thye real world and know what....I don't care about that either.

As for your comment about making females "They make female players feel humiliated and belittled" that's just you, I don't feel humiliated or belittled, becuase I'm comfortable with who I am, and I could care less if a bunch of pixels look this way.

There are also a ton of outfits in the cash shop that can cover your char up if that's what you want, but please do not speak for the entire female group of players, and yes I do know quite a few that play the Kindred and are ok with it.

1. I'm not talking about the Kindred. Those armors just happen to be modelled by Kindred classes, look at the other ones for more examples.

2. I don't care if you're a female or not, I recognise that I am making generalisations. (And it doesn't make it beyond criticism or equalitarian if a woman does it.) I'm really just so happy for you that you feel comfortable and not belittled. I'm not saying everyone has to feel this way. But I and a ton of other female gamers do. I'm guessing you don't read a lot of female gamer blogs?

3. That's exactly what I'm talking about. The cash shop outfits are exactly the same. I don't really see that covering my bard's bustier up with a cat maid fetish outfit is a huge improvement.

I'm not trying to speak for everyone. That's obvious. I know that most women don't have any particular knowledge of gender theory and don't care about this, because they don't really see what it means to them, or how the way something's portrayed in a game relates to the real world. Nor am I saying they need to! Bless choice.
    I'm not even saying they need to change everything and make it into a big haven for feminist gamers (if only). I'm just asking that they implement some more options, 'cuz not all female gamers want their characters to look like they just stepped off the runway when they're going out to bust a few monster heads.
  • ribonuclear
    edited January 2012
    Helpfully I think this is what I was on about, Magicka.

I'm not saying that sexy = bad at all. I like to feel sexy now and then too, who doesn't? It's just that there are no other options, and it's portrayed in this warped, teenage-boy-fantasy way that I personally do not enjoy, and given that there are people out there making videos about it (like in the link above) I'd say I am not the only one at all.
  • Lady_Alexi - Storm Legion
    Lady_Alexi - Storm Legion Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I like how you used the Kindred in your example. The basis of just about all vampirc types is sexuality. It is essential to their survival to be able to lure men and women alike so they can feed.

And if you explore the game, you will find that the female Vampire armors cover more. I love my level 60 armor.

As to the other races, and I'm using the females here:

The Dwarven women are covered as if it is winter all the time, and they come from snow covered mountains.

Priestess and Mages are covered almost head to toe

Assassins rely on very light armor for stealth and quiet, hence their armor is gonna be skimpy.

Warriors so far look well armored, but Gladiator style armor is meant to be light and will be skimpy. So far I've only seen heavy armor.

Plus I've noticed there is an unwritten rule on chest size and race. This goes for ALOT of MMOs, Humans stick to the B-C cup range, Elves are C-D, while Dark Elves/Kindred reach D-F.
    The size within a race varies as to class. A warrior will have a smaller chest compared to a mage from the same race.

So I recommend that you try another race and class to play first. Maybe a female, human warrior.
  • ribonuclear
    edited January 2012
    I like how you used the Kindred in your example. The basis of just about all vampirc types is sexuality. It is essential to their survival to be able to lure men and women alike so they can feed.

And if you explore the game, you will find that the female Vampire armors cover more. I love my level 60 armor.

As to the other races, and I'm using the females here:

The Dwarven women are covered as if it is winter all the time, and they come from snow covered mountains.

Priestess and Mages are covered almost head to toe

Assassins rely on very light armor for stealth and quiet, hence their armor is gonna be skimpy.

Warriors so far look well armored, but Gladiator style armor is meant to be light and will be skimpy. So far I've only seen heavy armor.

Plus I've noticed there is an unwritten rule on chest size and race. This goes for ALOT of MMOs, Humans stick to the B-C cup range, Elves are C-D, while Dark Elves/Kindred reach D-F.
    The size within a race varies as to class. A warrior will have a smaller chest compared to a mage from the same race.

So I recommend that you try another race and class to play first. Maybe a female, human warrior.

I've played pretty much all the classes. And not just as lowbies. <:I

But what I'm talking above is above. ^^^

I actually used those photos because I was randomly clicking on the armor section in the FW wiki, lol. They aren't meant to be just about Kindred.

In PWI you can adjust your character's body shape to give them a flat chest, thick waist and big thighs if you so wish. So I can't see this problem of "but they have to be this way, it's just how it is".

It's not just "how it is". It didn't just happen and we have to deal with it. Someone sat down and deliberately designed the female armors to be skimpy. Someone actually thought about it and decided that they wanted to design the female looks as nothing more than robotically sexy, like they're posing for a hidden mirror somewhere. I don't like that. It caters only to a young, straight male audience like they're the only people playing. And it does not have to be that way. I'm all for sexy, liberated female characters, but this isn't a portrayal of liberation: it's fanservice, nothing more.
  • lamesquirel
    lamesquirel Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    I havent seen any Priests looking skimpy. Also Mages. Warriors i havent seen skimpy either. Other then the cash shop, Kindreds, Sins, and Bards. i think thats kinda it. If you concider "cute" as skimpy then MM.

but personally. nothing like a big protector with there huge hammers :P jk

BTW the comment above me i think is right. im 99% sure you can adjust all that out. I wana try making a fat chick later :O first one ever:D maybe..
  • androidbadger
    androidbadger Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    This is an aspect of most Eastern made mmo games, female characters always look like that, it's a cultural thing. In western mmo's females mostly do have practical armor and will even do things like hold shields far more sensibly compared to the male characters.

As already said though the better your armor gets the more covered up you get. High level female dwarfs could almost be mistaken for daleks. I believe the reason for this is to tempt people who prefer to look sexy into buying fashion gear and is no accident.

The bottom line of it though is an eastern culture trait. I'm sure you've noticed the Japanese school girl set in the CS.
  • Lady_Alexi - Storm Legion
    Lady_Alexi - Storm Legion Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    The bottom line of it though is an eastern culture trait. I'm sure you've noticed the Japanese school girl set in the CS.

+10! Anime reference!
  • ribonuclear
    edited January 2012
    That's true actually, eastern games do tend to have a heavier focus on gender stereotypes and fanservice. It's not exactly like western games don't, though. (Lara Croft and her enormous ****/too-small top anyone? Duke Nukem? Grand Theft Auto and the prostitutes?) Actually I tend to find eastern games have a more... childish (I wouldn't say innocent) portrayal of women though. Arguably what makes most hentai so disturbing.

Western games can be a lot more up-front "the only women in this game are prostitutes or otherwise dressed only in lingerie and then you can shoot them" about it than eastern ones. Like Wolfenstein (the 2009 one) for instance, where I distinctly recall most of the female presence being those Elite Guards in high heels and catsuits that were ridiculously easy to kill just by stabbing them with a bayonet. Or those prostitutes you were supposed to kill in one mission in order to leave no witnesses... but this is a whole 'nother topic, I digress. xD

It might well be a cultural thing, but this version of FW is aimed pretty much exclusively at US and EU audiences and as such, I don't see why it'd be so hard to implement different things for the western servers. They're not just blindly following in the Chinese servers' footsteps, as far as I'm aware.
  • lamesquirel
    lamesquirel Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    It might well be a cultural thing, but this version of FW is aimed pretty much exclusively at US and EU audiences and as such, I don't see why it'd be so hard to implement different things for the western servers. They're not just blindly following in the Chinese servers' footsteps, as far as I'm aware.

Actually the coders are only allowed to translate and fix bugs. They arnt allowed to do anything else to the files. Only the Chinese coders can implement new things.
  • CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion
    CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion Posts: 2,401 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Excuse me, I didnt quite catch what you just said, I was too busy looking fabulous.

20120123032808.png
    20120123032544.png
    20120123032526.png

Edit: on serious matters tho, You just gave an ''example'' of the only race that is SUPPOSED to look like that. They are kindreds, ie, vampires. Big **** and hips belongs to the race. About their armor, you cant expect lvl1 armor to be anything fancy. My lvl70+ assassin armor covers almost my whole body.

20120123035924.png

This is my 2 characters, the female being my main. I am an adult straight woman, and this is how I like my character.

20120123010604.png
  • Mael - Storm Legion
    Mael - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    You want to talk practicality? When going into battle, nobody should have anything less than chainmail or hardened leather in a medieval setting. This makes the "armor" the mages, priests, and bards wear impractical, not from a "it doesn't cover enough" standpoint, but a "you might as well go into battle naked and you would stand a better chance of defending against enemy attacks" standpoint.
    This is a fantasy world, filled with impossible scenarios and races. There is bound to be impractical weapons and armor styles, or do we need to go into how every human and elven warrior, both male and female, is practicing for the next Cloud Strife impersonation contest?
    Since when is Tuesday a direction?
  • __E__ - Nyos
    __E__ - Nyos Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    lol buy fashion seriously what ur suggesting isnt gonna make the game any better. And u chose the worst class to not look skimpy in. go pick priest elf, lol they wear a white skirt thingy that covers their feet.

Go get the fash in EB that covers ur **** and ****, even though its not real. suggest something to fix the economy or server population, something to add spice to the game, not how lvl 1 kindred armor makes ur **** stick out -.-
  • Teh_ - Storm Legion
    Teh_ - Storm Legion Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Wait is this just hate to the Kindred class.......

Y U HATE ON SEXY KINDRED LADIES :O!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wut Teh Hell!?!

RAWR! I EATED CHU
  • Mael - Storm Legion
    Mael - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Wait is this just hate to the Kindred class.......

Y U HATE ON SEXY KINDRED LADIES :O!

Why do I get the feeling that this person posted similar complaints on other MMO forums *coughLineage2DarkElfwomencough*

But seriously, they are forgetting the most important aspect of any MMO:

**** SELL!
    Since when is Tuesday a direction?
  • __E__ - Nyos
    __E__ - Nyos Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS and ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • Cheshires - Illyfue
    Cheshires - Illyfue Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    That's true actually, eastern games do tend to have a heavier focus on gender stereotypes and fanservice. It's not exactly like western games don't, though. (Lara Croft and her enormous ****/too-small top anyone? Duke Nukem? Grand Theft Auto and the prostitutes?) Actually I tend to find eastern games have a more... childish (I wouldn't say innocent) portrayal of women though. Arguably what makes most hentai so disturbing.

Well others have already stated what i wanted to say about the ingame gear, just wanted to add that the examples you use here are quite off. Lara croft's **** firstly always change in size (true in a few of her games she has huge torpedo's but the other few shes a normal size), an they are used to show her deadly sexyness. Duke Nukem ...well really this game isnt made to be taken seriously, i mean hes even insulting stereotypical guys in some point. And well grand theft auto yh prostitutes are most of the time symbolized by wearing nothing, escpecially in dark criminal surrounding.

So maybe you want to get some other exampels ^^

Btw dont get me wrong im quite femenistic but i dont see the "force"they put on woman to play sexual characters. Atleast i never have been harrased ingame..more the opposite...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Im not crazy,My reallity is just diffrent from yours "

Official Couch potato pirate with the mission of invading the world with madness >3
  • Magicka - Storm Legion
    Magicka - Storm Legion Posts: 2,061 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    FemaleArmor%20motivational-poster(546).jpg

motivational-poster-female-armor-shiny-parts.jpg

Maybe they should all look liike this?

IMG_3651.JPG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    'I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well
    as you deserve.' ~ Bilbo Baggins
  • Falchoir - Lionheart
    Falchoir - Lionheart Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    In response to some posts, it is possible to strike a balance between attractive and practical. For my part, I like some of the designs here, especially the archer girl's at the top- proof that it's possible to make modest outfits that are still elegant and beautiful.
    And u chose the worst class to not look skimpy in. go pick priest elf, lol they wear a white skirt thingy that covers their feet.

except that most people pick classes based on playstyle, not looks.
    **Gone home to Tales Forum- follow at your own risk. T'was a good run, FW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    this spot in memory of my sister, who left after what was supposed to be a haven became a hell.
    I do not ask that we be worshipped or adored; all I ask is that you do not hate us.

Larale: Divine Priest - Falune: Light Bard - Falraine: Water Bard
  • CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion
    CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion Posts: 2,401 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Why? Because there are more straight males then there are feminists in this game. :rolleyes:

/end of thread
  • Falchoir - Lionheart
    Falchoir - Lionheart Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Why? Because there are more straight males then there are feminists in this game. :rolleyes:

/end of thread
    That was not so much a response to the argument that modest outfits are needed as it was to the argument that it's impossible to make female outfits that are both modest and appealing.

As much as I'd like some more modest outfits, I acknowledge the fact that yeah, sex sells, and it applies to female fanservice as well. To be honest, I'm pretty much not bothered by it anymore- I'm too busy watching chords and health bars/QQing about my 1600+ ping to notice fashions, lol.
    **Gone home to Tales Forum- follow at your own risk. T'was a good run, FW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    this spot in memory of my sister, who left after what was supposed to be a haven became a hell.
    I do not ask that we be worshipped or adored; all I ask is that you do not hate us.

Larale: Divine Priest - Falune: Light Bard - Falraine: Water Bard
  • Varnania - Eyrda
    Varnania - Eyrda Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    dont worry about the styles thing as you move on the clothing will cover more for example i play a lv 64 vamp girl char and it looks like she has her bra on
  • Gautur - Eyrda
    Gautur - Eyrda Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    This is like when people talk that DC female characters are all extremely sexy... well, I don't see a fat ugly batman or superman...

in comics and in games, especially rpgs, you are a hero, someone with more qualities than a normal human, and one of these qualities is, most of the time, having a fit body; people do want to look better than real life, when a game give options for people to look ugly or normal, most people don't use it... Kindred are sexy, they are a really hot race and like to use that in their favor (and it is not that this is a surprise, they already look sexy in character creation screen, is not like people will be in shock after getting the first equip)

now about the gears, yes, most games do like to show their curves, and I don't see anything wrong with that... in the specific case here, the only classes with almost no cloth at all are vampires and assassins, but those classes are supposed to use their sexy appeal, this is their role in most games and rpgs... and someone already showed here that high lvl armors are not that... small... , and btw, dwarves use big dresses and are as attractive to the male audience

about the cash shop, both genders will have sexy clothes, "rebel" clothes, formal, cute... both gender have equally awkward clothes in cash shop

They make female players feel humiliated and belittled
    I don't see humiliation in wearing sexy clothes, I don't think that a girls with sexy clothes are objects or promiscuous, and again, not all classes have those armors, so you don't need to feel humiliated, just choose something else, or get some lvls... look at the male elves, especially the bards, I don't feel humiliated just because they look........ hm... happy xD ; I like to use bearded fat guys and the dwarves here are disgusting, I don't feel humiliated just because they pick their nose and clean on their beard... they are characters, they do have their own personality, and doesn't mean that you will have the same look or personality as your character, you want to play something sexy now, you can, when you don't want it anymore, you make another character, another personality, another look, this is why you always have more character slots, I do have way different characters, I don't relate to all of them, even because I also have female characters xD
    it is possible for armor to be both practical (like, not revealing a whole swathe of skin where conveniently the heart and/or internal organs are right underneath and unprotected) and sexy.
    well, we are talking about assassins and vampires, in terms of lore it is practical for them that they show more skin, they do use their body to seduce, to deceive... in history women were used as assassin and spy because they could seduce politics and generals

I do however understand that it could have more variety, more ways to customize your character, it can be a future to the game, but for now kindred will be the hot girl with small skirts and sexy look, and we like that xD
  • Meadowcat - Shylia
    Meadowcat - Shylia Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I totally agree. I want gear that's actually appropriate for adventuring.
  • taranondraconis
    taranondraconis Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I understand the post very well. I have read over everything, and would like to make a couple points.

1. For an Assassin or Vampire, the clothes that were show are perfectly appropriate for what they do. Putting more on an assassin would slow them down, resulting in them dying. Putting more on a vampire reduces their ability to seduce, making them less effective.

2. If you want practical, let's get real. Not 1/100 of the women who are playing this game should be able to fight. In that time period, women were objects that were meant to cook, clean, and have babies. Period. They never would have gone into battle. And the would NOT have been given heavy full plate.

3. Most important point. It is a GAME!!!! You are the ONLY one complaining about it. You mentioned others are offended by it, so why not have them post here so that you aren't completely swamped.

So yeah. I figure that about sums it up. The clothes are how they should be realistically. Don't think they are going to change how the outfits look, so if you don't like it, you may as well leave and find another game. Make sure it isn't graphics based though.
  • Erinael - Storm Legion
    Erinael - Storm Legion Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It caters only to a young, straight male audience
    ... And Lesbians *droooools*

Seriously though,
    I am a 30 y/o female, and at first I was a little bothered by the shear extremeness of some of those kindred outfits. However, after playing for a bit, it doesn't really bother me at all.
    In fact sometimes I play my kindred character just because of that.

I was actually much more offended by the "dance" *coughpolldancingstripperwannabecough* animations, than the outfits.

But as I play through the game, I remember that the target audience of it is in fact straight males from teens to adults. From a business standpoint, they are catering to the largest market in the video game industry. That`s 75% of the gamer age group, and lets face it, we only represent about 2 out of 5 in actual "gamer population". Sure 50% of people are female, but the rest of us spend our time buying shoes. Granted the numbers are starting to even out....

Stats from here:
    http://www.onlineeducation.net/videogame

And although some outfits are a little over the top.... I wander around freedom harbor in my Kat Maid outfit proudly. Im not a fetishist, I just like maids =P
  • Axym - Lionheart
    Axym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I think this has been brought up but Imma just state it again for refrence. The lower level you are the more skin you'll show. Dwarve's are practically pedo bait up until lvl 30, and after that the clothes just get more and more covering and the skirt gets longer. It's just a lot of people use fashion, or not paying attention so you don't see that the higher you go the more covered you get.

My friend's fem elf war in her/his (honestly don't know what his/her sex in rl is) 70+ armor is completely covered, head to toe.
    Bards seem to get larger (and flashier) clothing the more they level up.
    MM's I've already covered.
    Assassin's, I know a lvl 70+ sin pic has been posted.
    Vampires have more or less the same showing, but I still think it's relatively well covered. They are vampires after all, they are SUPPOSED to be sexy and seductive, and I say, let it all hang out :D
    Haven't seen a high level mage without fash in a while, so can't comment.
    Priests I will admit seem to go in the opposite direction a bit, but maybe I just haven't seen 75+ gears.
    Prots are all male so no need to comment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa
  • Hitoriki - Eyrda
    Hitoriki - Eyrda Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    My former main is a level 75 mage, so ya...The most exposing mage set is the level 40 one, and it's not really that bad.
    At the 70+ level, priest armor is the worst, and that's saying something.
    And yes, I'm female :P
    Xiryn: Human Fire Mage
    Hitoriki: Elf Light Bard
    Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it to the one who endures that the final victory comes.