Talent calculator is under maintenance

Comments

• natkoa
    natkoa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    crabclaw wrote: »
    Come hell or high water, the talent calculator will be back up and running by January 5th.

*cough* *cough*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion
    CuteNDeadl - Storm Legion Posts: 2,401 Arc User
    edited January 2012
  • Julia_VII - Storm Legion
    Julia_VII - Storm Legion Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Come hell or high water, the talent calculator will be back up and running by January 5th.

goodheavens_exploitablecrabclaw.png

:D
  • crabclaw
    crabclaw Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    If it's not done today I will collide a wrecking ball into the engineering department and physically tear out whatever code there is related to the talent calculator from their computers with my bare hands, at which point I will throw it from the rooftop here to scatter across the world for all to enjoy.
    edited January 2012
  • lokisdottir
    lokisdottir Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    If it's not done today I will collide a wrecking ball into the engineering department and physically tear out whatever code there is related to the talent calculator from their computers with my bare hands, at which point I will throw it from the rooftop here to scatter across the world for all to enjoy.

I bring my battleaxe, let's do dis!
  • Julia_VII - Storm Legion
    Julia_VII - Storm Legion Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    5 and a half hours left... Will the engineering department be cracked open by crabclaw's wrecking ball, who is going to physically tear out whatever code there is related to the talent calculator from their computers with his bare hands while lokisdottir holds the security off with his battleaxe?

Stay tuned for the next episode!
  • crabclaw
    edited January 2012
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    4FPdA.jpg

Interesting.... still say you should have gone with the "forum-built calculator" that we all worked on....

Any word on what took them so long though?
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • _Alastrina_ - Storm Legion
    _Alastrina_ - Storm Legion Posts: 840 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    41-SJ_Shoulder_Shrug.jpg
  • natkoa
    edited January 2012
    Sooo... Can I post this now?

128783513624506819.jpg

I think we all knew it..the "5th of January" was just so ppl would get off their back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2012
    sniper marksman? ?embedded=1

I hope thats just a temporary typo, expecting a flawless calculator :rolleyes:

overall it seems pretty neat tho.
  • Shinner - Lionheart
    Shinner - Lionheart Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    sniper marksman?

I hope thats just a temporary typo, expecting a flawless calculator :rolleyes:

overall it seems pretty neat tho.

XD I would love my mm to be a sniper :p
  • crabclaw
    edited January 2012
    Yeah, it's safe to say that there's a delay in releasing the overhauled talent calculator. January 5th was a no go. Good news is that when it comes out, its awesomeness will melt your face off. We aren't responsible for any hospital bills, though.

As mentioned earlier, you can see a screenshot of the calculator as it currently is (subject to change/modification of course) by clicking here.
  • Allegrissi - Storm Legion
    Allegrissi - Storm Legion Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    You know what would be awesome is if it also showed what abilities you have access too and the modified stats of them :3

I would link a Rift calculator but that is looked down upon

NOT EXPECTING IT JUST A SWEET SUGGESTION

edit:
    and i'm so happy you used imgur instead of imageshack, now you should get users to use it more often

edit#2:
    and what Aesica said x9999999999
  • Aesica - Storm Legion
    Aesica - Storm Legion Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Yeah, it's safe to say that there's a delay in releasing the overhauled talent calculator. January 5th was a no go. Good news is that when it comes out, its awesomeness will melt your face off. We aren't responsible for any hospital bills, though.

As mentioned earlier, you can see a screenshot of the calculator as it currently is (subject to change/modification of course) by clicking here.
    If you truly want its awesomeness to melt faces off, might I suggest taking a page from my book? Highlight the abilities and, most importantly, the talents that differ by race on either on a major or minor scale:

38576539.png

If you're creating the engine from the ground up, this is as simple as an extra flag in your xml (or however you're storing the data) that determines whether or not to draw a box around a given ability icon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Unofficial Forsaken World Talent Calculator:
    http://www.aesica.net/fw
  • Aesica - Storm Legion
    edited January 2012
    edit:
    and i'm so happy you used imgur instead of imageshack, now you should get users to use it more often
    Is imageshack really that bad these days? D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BringerOfL - Nyos
    BringerOfL - Nyos Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Seriously? We wait for this talent calculator from months, then you delay it even more, and you give us pictures?
  • Aishleen - Eyrda
    Aishleen - Eyrda Posts: 2,005 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Seriously how hard can it be to make that thing work, after it did in the past anyway? Seems to me like you guys actually don't care about it at all, or the broken avatars either.

Not blaming you crab or loki since I know it's not in your powers and I know you probably bugged those lazy asses web devs to the point of pissing them off but I don't understand why you don't get more dedicated people instead and fire them, because this is really a kind of embarrassment for the company you know...

btw I don't even need the calculator I can do it all in my mind anyway, so this wasn't a rant on lack of it for myself more from a business perspective.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arekanderu127
    arekanderu127 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    why servers not working? whyyyy???? f**k, now i need to call my gf bcause im bored!!!!:(:mad:
  • ProtHead - Lionheart
    ProtHead - Lionheart Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Seriously? We wait for this talent calculator from months, then you delay it even more, and you give us pictures?

DUDE!!! Could you not tell by that picture that the talent calculator is gonna blow our minds when it is finally finished!?!?!? Look at the amazing.... ,, letters... and stuff: with numbers everywhere.>}

Cant Wait
  • BringerOfL - Nyos
    BringerOfL - Nyos Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Why should we care?
    i want it just with updated talents and keep them updated when they change any, not waiting to be outdated most of them and then to stop this calculator for new one after months.
    We use it to check builds and etc., not to enjoy how beautiful is the background picture.
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    DUDE!!! Could you not tell by that picture that the talent calculator is gonna blow our minds when it is finally finished!?!?!? Look at the amazing.... ,, letters... and stuff: with numbers everywhere.>}

Cant Wait

Dude do you know how long they've promised that it will be up as soon as possible?

I wouldn't be surprised if its not up by the time of the 1 year anniversary of the game being LIVE.
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • deezyxd
    deezyxd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Calculater been under maintenance for over 5 months and we get a picture...

lol-guy.png
  • natkoa
    edited January 2012
    and the thing is, instead of precision it says "sniper"

so if the translation isn't finished, who knows if anything is finished at all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesica - Storm Legion
    edited January 2012
    natkoa wrote: »
    and the thing is, instead of precision it says "sniper"

so if the translation isn't finished, who knows if anything is finished at all
    The engine itself is probably finished. Then again, I can assure you all that "finishing the engine" is the quick and easy part. Hopefully the last one taught them that having data in an easy-to-use xml format is superior to hardcoding it in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • natkoa
    edited January 2012
    The engine itself is probably finished. Then again, I can assure you all that "finishing the engine" is the quick and easy part. Hopefully the last one taught them that having data in an easy-to-use xml format is superior to hardcoding it in.

I would like for it to be like you said, but my common sense doesn't let me believe that any part of it is finished, but hey, that's just me

I once played a game few years back where they used the community to translate the game content when they had a plan to open special servers for certain language groups and you could get some cs currency based on how much you translated, it wasn't much, but it was a nice gesture and soon you could play on a german, french and I think romanian server

and this included the quest text so it was a big project, but it worked

and I know in this case it's chinese but ppl could just copy what they had in-game and I'm sure that most of us would do it for free, so that part would take just a few days

as for the engine, I don't want to mess with thing I know nothing about and I don't know what kind of features will the new one have, but this is just too long

btw, still using your one, and loving it :D thx againg for that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SharpFang - Eyrda
    SharpFang - Eyrda Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    some1 from aesica net made a talent calc replacement in ONE AFTERNOON
    and a TEAM of techeis cant do it in 7 MONTHS?! and when you give a picture all thats chanced is the FORMAT? ppl dont comment anymore here just use aesica net much easier >.> this game's 20th annniversry will be past before they come out with the talent calc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]