Twilight at Waist and Pants

botevmg1
botevmg1 Posts: 55 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Bug Reports
Obviosly there is a bug that Exotic Twilight 2 can be embeded at Waist and Pants.
Just saw that on Nyos server lv80 Priest have it on waist. Please remove that cause it nerves a lot the efect of Goldsparks normal ppl can have.

PS: Edited - remove naming.
Post edited by botevmg1 on

Comments

• Ginius - Illyfue
    Ginius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Someone got buthurt ^^

This is not a bug, exotic gems behavior has always been like this.
    It's been a common knowledge for ages, you should better blame your own lack of knowledge of the game instead of crying and whinning.

By the way shaming and namming is against the ToS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • Jet_SK - Storm Legion
    Jet_SK - Storm Legion Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Belt and pants are the two top spots for exotics. Twilight and Goldsparks. Least for a DPS spec.

True a lot of people don't seem to use these. Mainly because they are not transferable. If its your end set until they raise cap / release 80-85 gear, I find them far better than the alternative.

L2 ones are cheap enough to make ... L3's .. 1.75d lost when you upgrade your gear slot that you put an exotic GS III in
  • Arizll - Eyrda
    Arizll - Eyrda Posts: 1,551 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Belt and pants are the two top spots for exotics. Twilight and Goldsparks. Least for a DPS spec.

True a lot of people don't seem to use these. Mainly because they are not transferable. If its your end set until they raise cap / release 80-85 gear, I find them far better than the alternative.

L2 ones are cheap enough to make ... L3's .. 1.75d lost when you upgrade your gear slot that you put an exotic GS III in

Uhh, no such thing as exotic GS 3 until fission dust lvl 2 comes out and also cant slot exotic GSs in pants and belt...

You might want to do your research before making such misleading posts.
  • Jet_SK - Storm Legion
    edited November 2011
    You tried a fission dust with L2 gems? Trying today anyways, also testing the Gem Powder from jewelcrafting.

Lol I might end up having a bunch of "spare" GS IIs and make a reg GSIII >.>
  • Arizll - Eyrda
    edited November 2011
    You tried a fission dust with L2 gems?

I think it's in the item description. Feel free to try though. You can search for fission dust 2 in AH but it doesn't return any result in Eyrda's AH. My guess is that fission dust 2 allows lvl 3 exotic gems to be made.
  • botevmg1
    edited November 2011
    Ok sry for the naming,
    just when I was writing the post I remembered I should have make a
    screenshot which I didn't have, but I'm not even blaming the guy if it is normal
    ofc it's fine to use it, but since you cant put exotic GSs that's more like a bug to me
    then a lack of knowledge.
  • Jet_SK - Storm Legion
    edited November 2011
    Seems we don't have the right fission material in-game yet.

Also ... the point about the exotic GS2 is correct >.> Sockets to same locations as GS and cannot be placed along side one either. Completely useless in its current form.

The JC dust doesn't work as Fission anymore either? Worked pre-expac ... but couldn't get Gem Powder to work last night.
  • botevmg1
    edited November 2011
    Well my main point is from gear max crit dmg you can get = 10%(2xGS4), max crit dodge = 14\%(2xT4+2ET2). The game mechanics are maid so everything is equally scaled, like you have 4 slots for Mists and 4 for EagleEyes, 2 slots for GS and 2 Twilight, ragefires,solars,azurecloud,bloodstones on each piece, 4 slots for Shatersahrds 4 for Crystilines.... The point of the game is everything to be able to be countered.
    With this "knowledge of things" as the guy said I can quite figure out that this is broken, either make that every exotic gem can be puted in those slots, or on every slot or remove it.
    It really is stupid to counter 2GS4 with TW3 and ETW2...
    And don't tell me I'm whining about it just cause your litl char is gona get nerfed like this.
  • lokisdottir
    lokisdottir Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The part you're neglecting to take into account is that crit chance is much easier to get in other aspects of the game. It's more likely to show up on gear, a ton of talents modify it, etc.

Having 1 awesome way to get crit dodge balances it against the like 3 decent ways to get crit chance.
  • Zaviere - Storm Legion
    Zaviere - Storm Legion Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    The part you're neglecting to take into account is that crit chance is much easier to get in other aspects of the game. It's more likely to show up on gear, a ton of talents modify it, etc.

In addition, any given character initially has 8% crit chance base, but only 3% crit dodge.

Given that, and the logic behind your argument, one could say that crit chance is on the heavier end of the scale (in terms of balance) because, even with exotic twilight IIs, maxing both crit chance and dodge with gems alone would result in 18% and 17% respectively.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/watch?v=S3bRPHPQsOs (copy-able text link)
  • botevmg1
    edited November 2011
    In terms of balance then let's make it this way:
    It is supposed to have a bit more crit change then crit dodge as you are supposed to crit some times, other wise there wont be any point of it at all.
    An awesome and very easy way to get Crit Dodge: Arena Blue set - 4 parts 1.9k score which so easier to make than farming an Instance set. What is more 1. Not for every class instance set gives crit change, 2. Purple Arena Set has 6% crit dodge - no existing set has 6% crit chance.
    As for the change of getting Crit Change on gear and Crit Dodge I can not argue, since I'm not a developer to know the actual numbers, but I have seen arround the same number of gears with Crit Chance as Crit Dodge.
    As to the point that players have base 8% Crit chance and 4% Crit Dodge, some classes have their abilities RELY on crit change so yeah you are suppose to actually have "some chance" to crit, because if crit chance= enemy crit dodge by the game mechanics you will absolutely never crit.
  • Arizll - Eyrda
    edited November 2011
    botevmg1 wrote: »
    In terms of balance then let's make it this way:
    It is supposed to have a bit more crit change then crit dodge as you are supposed to crit some times, other wise there wont be any point of it at all.
    An awesome and very easy way to get Crit Dodge: Arena Blue set - 4 parts 1.9k score which so easier to make than farming an Instance set. What is more 1. Not for every class instance set gives crit change, 2. Purple Arena Set has 6% crit dodge - no existing set has 6% crit chance.
    As for the change of getting Crit Change on gear and Crit Dodge I can not argue, since I'm not a developer to know the actual numbers, but I have seen arround the same number of gears with Crit Chance as Crit Dodge.
    As to the point that players have base 8% Crit chance and 4% Crit Dodge, some classes have their abilities RELY on crit change so yeah you are suppose to actually have "some chance" to crit, because if crit chance= enemy crit dodge by the game mechanics you will absolutely never crit.

I think game mechanics has some minimum crit chance no matter how much crit dodge the target has.
  • Jet_SK - Storm Legion
    edited November 2011
    I think its possible to be "un-crittable" versus some specs/characters.

Loki was pointing out that crit chance modifiers come from may places other than gems, and almost always should be > crit dodge.

The 6% set bonus can tip this towards dodge though, but I don't think your crit dodge could ever get so high that no gear or spec would have a chance to crit.

18% just from 2x GS4 and my Ripple gets +5%, Shadow Scar 4%/8%

(not that I have GS4 lol) but an example.
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    There are always minimum and maximum chances for everything...

No matter what accuracy and evasion, you can achieve more that 95% hit rate or less than about 20% hit rate... No matter what defence you can't be hit for less than 1 damage - or 5 or 8 in some PVE cases. Crit chance is the same, there is a minimum crit rate, very low but there is. Dk if it's 1% or more tho, iirc someone was saying it was 4%...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • botevmg1
    edited November 2011
    There are always minimum and maximum chances for everything...

No matter what accuracy and evasion, you can achieve more that 95% hit rate or less than about 20% hit rate... No matter what defence you can't be hit for less than 1 damage - or 5 or 8 in some PVE cases. Crit chance is the same, there is a minimum crit rate, very low but there is. Dk if it's 1% or more tho, iirc someone was saying it was 4%...

Nope you are wrong here. Tested:
    1000/1000 hits do not crit when you use abilities without bonus Crit chance and Crit Chance = Enemy's Crit Dodge, so in that case enemy is actually uncritable. Or if the chance is below 0.1% well from statistical point of view its ~0 which is the same.
    I think its possible to be "un-crittable" versus some specs/characters.

Loki was pointing out that crit chance modifiers come from may places other than gems, and almost always should be > crit dodge.

The 6% set bonus can tip this towards dodge though, but I don't think your crit dodge could ever get so high that no gear or spec would have a chance to crit.

18% just from 2x GS4 and my Ripple gets +5%, Shadow Scar 4%/8%

(not that I have GS4 lol) but an example.
    Well for this example if the Enemy has arena prpl gear(6%)+2xTW4(10%)+2xExotic TW2(4%)+base(4%)=24%, so basically ur dark ripple will never crit, your shadow scar will have only 2% crit chance on the second modifier...
    well good luck criting once before your dead ;)