I'm on i7 GTS250 and there's no biggy for me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
    drama aren't far from this siggy
  • d4rkk4rn4ge
    d4rkk4rn4ge Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    yes it is a regurgitation of the same ol' engine.. but yet here we are lapping it up like the good sheeple we are. just be happy it doesnt have lead in it. :p if you want better gaming experience you need to pay for the game and maintenance. they wont ever fix it if thousands of people keep putting in the cash.. which they will. because we seem to care alot about how shiny our pixels are.. whether they are lagging or not.
  • Jet_SK - Storm Legion
    Jet_SK - Storm Legion Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    sj6 wrote: »
    Is this fixed yet? Is worth DL and trying on my i7 and GTX460 or will it still lag?

I liked the concept FW but the engine was way too crappy to accept it.

Now bout 8 months later I

i5 2500k - MSI 480 GTX Lightning, runs like butter :) 32QAA - 16x Antr - All settings maxed as well

Can get choppy on 2nd client while its still loading the frame buffer. Takes a little over a GB VRAM for two clients at these settings.

1920x1200 res

And yes ... it is poorly optimized lol. Does not use a 2nd GPU ever, and can pin a lesser one.
  • syklonis
    syklonis Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Runs like butter huh? Even in harbor town? I call shenanigans there!
  • ThisguyLuis - Lionheart
    ThisguyLuis - Lionheart Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    so let me get this straight. i play this game on the lowest setting just so you know. you mean to tell me the game runs purely on my cpu and not my graphics card? im using pentium 4 proccesor, 2.4 GHz and a 256 MB graphics card. which means that puny cpu is taking 100% of the strain while the gpu doesnt do anything to help?

that's senseless, but i guess that's what happens.
  • gaguy85
    gaguy85 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Now I may be out of line in saying this but the game does use a good bit of my gpu (only have a crappy nvidia 430gt 1 gig) and the cpu usage is around 50-75% for both cores (again a crappy E6850) only time I get real lag is around the camp fire when a ton of guild members are online.

But then again I don't max everything out, I just hit optimal on the graphic settings and as far as I can tell it's nice looking to me. All setting are set to max except for water and that's at 75%. And the way I can tell the game is using the video card is due to evga on screen display program.

They could do a bit of graphic optimization but ehh what can you do? It is F2P after all ;) One thing I wish they'd fix is the time-out and disconnect when you are in an instance, seems to have gotten worse with the new patch...hopefully they'll throw us a bone and give us a patch pretty quickly. A bunch of members in the guild were saying around 5 disconnects within 2 hours of the game running. I've had around 6 when I went through God's trial and the Carnival...freaked me out cause I want my exp and coinage :D
  • str33tb
    str33tb Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Well, they can do something about this, game got worse after latest update so......and we all have a very nice solution. We all quit playing the game, there are a lot of awesome games coming out and even with monthly fees they're cheaper than FW with it's Eyrda boutique full of useless stuff and **** pets!!!! I assure you that they would do something to try fixing this game. I can't even BE on trade realm's FH because the game crashes as soon as I start to move...before the update this didn't happen!!!!!
  • Jet_SK - Storm Legion
    edited October 2011
    syklonis wrote: »
    Runs like butter huh? Even in harbor town? I call shenanigans there!

Lol yes its perfect in FH (except for the damn white screen of doom sometimes)

MSI 480 GTX Lightning @ 850MHz - 2000 vRam (1.5GB)

Nothing will slow down a properly tuned i5 2500k either :)
  • Yin - Eyrda
    Yin - Eyrda Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Lol yes its perfect in FH (except for the damn white screen of doom sometimes)

MSI 480 GTX Lightning @ 850MHz - 2000 vRam (1.5GB)

Nothing will slow down a properly tuned i5 2500k either :)

Even if you OC an i5/i7 to 4.6ghz you'll still be going from ~25fps at a heavily populated FH with afk trainers present - with not full settings (shadow, water, refraction - the cpu killers), to maybe 32 fps at FH.

Big wars? You'll hit 12 fps even with 6ghz, easily. Probably even with some settings turned down.

Your video card means absolutely nothing at all with this game. Unless you're using onboard or a very obsolete low end card.
  • Jet_SK - Storm Legion
    edited November 2011
    Could be my SSD then... I know it responds better than my client that's installed on my Caviar Black.

40v40 GvG yes it slows down some ... lol.

Also using 8GB CAS 7 1600MHz RAM with paging/prefetch/superfetch disabled.
  • scwolf
    scwolf Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    There is absolutely NO excuse for the poor optimization of this game. I get 50 FPS AVERAGE in Battlefield 3 on ULTRA at 1920x1080, yet Forsaken world will dip below 30 FPS at times, which is absolutely pathetic. I used to be SO satisfied with Perfect World Entertainment, but I've lost so much respect over the years after realizing that they don't care enough about their players to even update their graphics engine. I won't even bother getting into how almost every single one of their games depends on the cash shop. Free to play, my ****.

PS, my $500 EVGA GTX 580 Superclocked 2GB GPU should absolutely destroy this game. Get your **** together PWE, your players have had enough. We're the ones paying and donating to you guys, we deserve more for what we do for you.
  • Din_toran - Storm Legion
    Din_toran - Storm Legion Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Dunno what yalls problems are, but maybe it's something on your system.

I'm playing on an old Core2 Quad Q6600 CPU with 4GB ram and a 8800GT 512MB card.

My average FPS is 50-65. Even when I'm in the cities or high-load areas it doesn't get below 40.

But then, I don't have toolbars, chat clients galore, or a lot of the **** I see kids installing on their systems. Hell, even with utorrent running my Ping is still below 100.

Edit: why the hell does it still show me as level 14?
  • Jet_SK - Storm Legion
    edited November 2011
    Pretty much!

A streamlined OS is just as important. Also you should force all of your AA settings, as the game itself doesn't have any.

Also see what the diff is between vSync and all the other options you have. You really need to find your own optimized settings :)

I have heard that its less GPU reliant, your bottleneck might be at your north/south bridge.
  • Alyssian - Illyfue
    Alyssian - Illyfue Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Does the OP only have 1gb RAM? I'm confused, I actually can't find it. Unless it says he has 1gb ram, which means it's far below expectations...

I don't usually bother with graphics, I'm on a budget with my computers here
  • Jet_SK - Storm Legion
    edited November 2011
    Its the Corsair line:

7-8-7-20 - 6GB

he just lists the timings (which are quite tight)

1GB video memory

What he doesn't list, is the speed he's running it at. That chipset was not spec'd to run past 1333 and there could be issues there. Also that chipset never had a native Intel SATA3 controller.

My suggestion to the OP would be:

Create a system image.
    Put all clocks back to stock.
    Fresh install of OS and latest drivers/firmware
    Only the game and OS on the SSD
    Obviously do all the C++ libraries/.net/java/DirectX prior to installing the Nvidia package.

Even if you OC an i5/i7 to 4.6ghz you'll still be going from ~25fps at a heavily populated FH with afk trainers present - with not full settings (shadow, water, refraction - the cpu killers), to maybe 32 fps at FH.

Big wars? You'll hit 12 fps even with 6ghz, easily. Probably even with some settings turned down.

Your video card means absolutely nothing at all with this game. Unless you're using onboard or a very obsolete low end card.

Its all about the textures/models. I don't have any caching or physical disk usage. Its all Flash mem->gaming RAM. 99% of the time games are lagged by waiting for tons of textures from a paging file or right from the hard disk. This will always be a bottleneck. The slowest thing in the whole system is my Crucial SSD ... :P

Takes a bit to get the OS to never use anything but flash/RAM, but honestly these days physical disk is only good for storage. (unless you have some crazy raid setup)