Most overpowered and underpowered class in FW?

2»

Comments

• kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, I thought healing was 1 second tops after spending talents. Not 3s. And bard heals are too slow to heal the tank. Long cooldown and 2s cast time. And low heal amount. Cant keep a tank alive. But very very good for the off-tank and rest of the party, letting priest focus on tank.

I love that 2 healer classes exist and both needed in different ways =)
    not really. well its 1.5+1 sec still for each priest heal and not really that effective when you try to heal an entire groups with a single target heal. bards heals are better imo, i can heal up to 2k atm (aoe heal) and cooldown is 7 seconds. the good part is that bard heal can be a part of a defense song and later you get more types of aoe heal. btw, if the tank is a protector than heals arent much required on him, unless the tank is a warrior and in this case he need some pots too for a boss like last one in lighthouse

back to topic, most OP is warrior imo... even at high lvls. i dont really like to play a warrior either
  • badazmofo
    badazmofo Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I am seriously starting to adore Priests. Nothing gets done without us, since we are the main healers. Bards can't compare, sorry.

Cool story, exept for ive solo healed in EC on my vamp. Really hope that changes later in the game though but bard + preist is still the best combo (vampire is nice to have in the mix also expecialy if you have a under geared tank)
  • doctoryak
    doctoryak Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    lunnark wrote: »
    I honestly consider that we can't talk about real PvP until open beta (unless we get level cap beyond 60-70 in closed beta or something along those lines).

As to a class being over powered or under powered - that is just stupid to consider even before the game is properly launched (again I am thinking about OB at least). If you asked about this, means that you are already assuming there is an OP and UP class. How did you came up with that assumption?

Let's give this game a chance before starting to think in black and white.

What about the people that played chinese closed beta or are playing chinese open beta, wouldn't they be able to shine a light on the subject?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • magus7
    magus7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    What about the people that played chinese closed beta or are playing chinese open beta, wouldn't they be able to shine a light on the subject?

No, not really...considering that from CN version to PWE version they are changing things. So PWE's version wont be exactly like CN version..I'd actually prefer if it was as far from CN version as they can make it.
  • dyskrasia
    dyskrasia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    magus7 wrote: »
    No, not really...considering that from CN version to PWE version they are changing things. So PWE's version wont be exactly like CN version..I'd actually prefer if it was as far from CN version as they can make it.

Fairly certain it will stay very similar to the CN version. That's how it works with PWE.
  • dakillanator
    dakillanator Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    dyskrasia wrote: »
    Fairly certain it will stay very similar to the CN version. That's how it works with PWE.

this

There's no monetary reason for the company to do anything other than copy -> pasting the CN version, so it won't be done.
  • magus7
    magus7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hmm. well we will just have to hope that they "do" alter from CN version. If for nothing else then to adapt it to the play style of NA players
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    magus7 wrote: »
    what they are going to change? since i've been testing both CN and NA versions, they are identical. so it was with pwi game that i played before
  • lukeym
    lukeym Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    PvE? (Grinding, killing monsters easily, never using pots, never dying)

I'm a level 26 Dwarf and I've only died once out of dungeon/instance. Although I must say, attacks are slow but are somewhat powerful, though I think the attack power should be raised OR attacks shouldn't be as slow. This is speaking from a bombardier POV, I don't know what it's like with other branches. I use pots so often, everytime I go back to the city, i'm refilling.

PvE? (In squads)
    In squads, bombardiers work fine, I can shoot from afar while someone else tanks.

PvE? (In dungeons)
    Dungeons is a real problem. I went into the 'Fort' instance and I felt like I was hardly helping. I was out of MP pots, but either way, it was like I didn't really need to be there.It wasn't so bad during 'Gods Trial' because we had 2 to a pillar and I was doing quite a bit of damage, so i'm guessing it all depends on what kind of instance you choose to participate in.

PvP? (Solo PvP) - Survivability
    Okay, I've PvPed once with a warrior who was 2 levels below me. I won, but just barely, this was without using pots as well. If it had been a Protector, assassin or vampire, I might have died. Need to test this out more.
  • team21
    team21 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Mages are over powered at lv 60
  • stupidfans
    stupidfans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    w t f.. this is an almost 1 year old thread..

freakin Necro.. -_-
  • IMBALANZE - Lionheart
    IMBALANZE - Lionheart Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    it's not necro anymore...

it's resurrection stone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
    drama aren't far from this siggy