Freezing Job, Exp Reset

Baby - Storm Legion
Baby - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
Disclaimer: I do not want to make this thread. In fact, the idea that I have to make this thread bothers me immensely. However, after submitting a support ticket I was given the response asking me to make a thread in the "general discussion forums so that we may collect data from other players who may have experienced the same issue as you. Please be sure to respond back to us with a link to the forum thread."

Here goes. I froze my Weaponsmith job at lvl 2 with 243 exp. Getting it back I now only have 100 exp. This is rather discouraging, and as much as I kind of hated the weaponcrafting as a whole I feel like 143 is a devastating amount of exp to lose. There are not many people who even have 143 weaponcraft exp...only 9 on the Storm rankings now.

That being said, the reason is likely that I had to re-learn the weaponcraft skill (not job, skill) upon putting a point back in. Whatever the reason, even if this was some sort of error on my part, I was never given any indication that freezing a job could result in exp lost. I clearly would not have risked it if that were the case.

If you have a similar experience that you think could help PWE support gather more information please post it here. This is obviously not an issue you can "solve" or they would have done so, so I am not interested in hearing your arguments for what I did wrong or what I need to do to correct it. Also not interested in flaming, or a ton of speculation. They did not ask for those things and if you would be so kind as to keep this thread simpler for them to read and "collect data" from I would be grateful.
Post edited by Baby - Storm Legion on
Baby
Soul Marksman
Storm Server
Leader of Legit

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• drac0
    drac0 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    same thing for taming.....i froze it to get jewel craft and it reset taming back to lvl 2.
    at the point i froze tamer it was at 670+/960. After it was 300/960. So yeah i was not too happy about it.
  • Shyren - Eyrda
    Shyren - Eyrda Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Freezing a job only keeps the level, not the exp. It is working as intended, however, I do agree there needs to be way better in game description and warnings of freezing a job >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baby - Storm Legion
    edited October 2011
    Up til now I never picked up a job again once it was frozen, so I had no idea. The wisdom fruit does say job progress, I could only assume that meant all progress towards the next level as well.

z1qDG.png

143 lvl 40 weapons made and discredited. Is it okay if I QQ for a moment here? :(
    Baby
    Soul Marksman
    Storm Server
    Leader of Legit

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shyren - Eyrda
    Shyren - Eyrda Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    143 lvl 40 weapons made and discredited. Is it okay if I QQ for a moment here? :(
    I think support could help you... maybe, since you got misled by the description.

but you may need SSs of it at 243 x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baby - Storm Legion
    edited October 2011
    I think support could help you... maybe, since you got misled by the description.

but you may need SSs of it at 243 x.x

Thankfully I took one before the rankings reset, although I had made 2 more since. :)

XjcTdl.jpg
    Baby
    Soul Marksman
    Storm Server
    Leader of Legit

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeltaTroop - Storm Legion
    DeltaTroop - Storm Legion Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I guess it makes sense once you realize how it works... but wow the in-game descriptions are misleading.

Hopefully support can help you out with this Baby.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wildbull
    wildbull Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    ** Hugs Baby **

OUCH, thats a real smack in the head if thats the way it works ,,,
    Definitely a cr4ppy desription, how hard would it be to KEEP the exp
    IMO frozen is FROZEN..
    no where does it say, RESET to start of level
  • Baby - Storm Legion
    edited October 2011
    I was just told by support that "I have just spoken to engineering, and the item is working as intended. The description says that it will freeze the job level, but all experience past the level will not be saved."

I am at a loss here. The description does not say that, at all.
    Baby
    Soul Marksman
    Storm Server
    Leader of Legit

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Redlace - Storm Legion
    Redlace - Storm Legion Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, I saw no such description either, on the CS item or bound wisdom fruit from quests

fruitk.png
  • Axym - Lionheart
    Axym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I haven't had this happen yet >.> but we'll see if I freeze something to take bot back (lvl 6) and see what happened. Unfortunately I kinda froze it just as I got lvl 6, so I don't think that it's really going to matter, however, I know a guildie got the same thing with artisan, except I think hers was level 2 and went back to 1. I'll see if I can get him/her to post her experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa
  • Baby - Storm Legion
    edited October 2011
    Engineering dept says the item is working as intended. Goodbye to months of work on one of the toughest jobs to level in the game. Thanks FW for being clear and concise in your descriptions of game-altering items.
    Baby
    Soul Marksman
    Storm Server
    Leader of Legit

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]