can someone explain

PepperMintStik - Storm Legion
PepperMintStik - Storm Legion Posts: 174 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Beginner's Guide
pet essence refinement and if that possibility of it breaking my pet is worth its positive potential for my pet?
Post edited by PepperMintStik - Storm Legion on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Redlace - Storm Legion
    Redlace - Storm Legion Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Pretty sure the possibility of it destroying your pet is 100%. I refined a lvl48 green Nightmare that I no longer used, had 3/3/3 talent and 4 skills, got 4 pet essence that I sold for 5 gold each. So, if you think 20g for a lvl 47 pet is worth it, go for it. I'm quite sure that the quality of the pet determines the amount of essence that you get. If the pet lvl is too low, Hicks won't even accept it. Hicks shows you what you'll get before you do the actual refining, so you can make an educated choice.

Personally I'd only destroy pets that I no longer needed/used. Better than having them take up room in your bank.
  • PepperMintStik - Storm Legion
    PepperMintStik - Storm Legion Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    so it destroys your pet and gives you pet essnence?? the name is very confusing. i thought it would refine the pet in some way with a pet essence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Redlace - Storm Legion
    Redlace - Storm Legion Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    so it destroys your pet and gives you pet essnence?? the name is very confusing. i thought it would refine the pet in some way with a pet essence.

Correct, it s a destructive option that you can use with pets you don't want/need any longer. Similar to the scavenging job for gear. Destroy the gear to get splinters / prisms, here you destroy the pet for pet essence.