REMOVE "Bound" system

LeoricTepe - Eyrda
LeoricTepe - Eyrda Posts: 5 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Suggestion Box
"bound" system is ****, please remove this feature.
Post edited by LeoricTepe - Eyrda on

Comments

• Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited September 2011

You are ****, please remove your post or provide a reason, kthnxbye...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rockbridge - Storm Legion
    Rockbridge - Storm Legion Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You are ****, please remove your post or provide a reason, kthnxbye...

Pwned.
    <Honey Badger>
    Cause I don't care.
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011

instead of just saying it's "****" could you give more detail as to why you feel this way, and why you want it removed.

this is just like saying "because" as a reason
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • Acier - Eyrda
    Acier - Eyrda Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The bound system is actually one of the better aspects of this game. I have been **** before and know that my bound items would have been gone otherwise. Yet it also cuts down on unwanted services like gold buying and other such things. All in all it can get in the way sometimes but it is better for the game as whole to have it.
  • Mael - Storm Legion
    Mael - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Could you use a word to describe the "bound" system in a way that isn't offensive to my mentally handicapped aunt (you haven't earned the right to use that word that way, unlike Luciferia).

Also, could you give your reasoning? It isn't much of an argument to just say something is x without saying why it is x.
    Since when is Tuesday a direction?
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    dear op, your an idiot. please explain why you think the bound system should be removed besides because its "****" or stfu.

kthxbai
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • Julia_VII - Storm Legion
    Julia_VII - Storm Legion Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I wish there was an item on the cash shop that could "unbind" items.

For example i recently got a new Nyos' Minion mount for me, and now I am stuck with two mounts (the second one beeing my human racial horse from the cash shop).

If i could unbind the horse and sell it that would get me back at least 1d. Its really wasted money.
  • Godless - Eyrda
    Godless - Eyrda Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    you people expect too much from humanity.
    Power is the ultimate goal for every Vampire, although how i obtain mine more legitimate than others. rigorous training, hundreds of trophies, and mastery of the magicks of pain.
  • nightwolf200
    edited September 2011
    I wish there was an item on the cash shop that could "unbind" items.

For example i recently got a new Nyos' Minion mount for me, and now I am stuck with two mounts (the second one beeing my human racial horse from the cash shop).

If i could unbind the horse and sell it that would get me back at least 1d. Its really wasted money.

the above..
    is the reason why there won't be an item to unbind things
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

• Iyeru - Storm Legion
    Iyeru - Storm Legion Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    the above..
    is the reason why there won't be an item to unbind things

Yes, it would create some hectic market crashing. Next, people will want an item to remove the "Cannot Put In Account Stash."
  • wildbull
    wildbull Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Wouldnt it be nice to sell your lvl 50 +10 gear that has 2 X rage II gems mounted ?

I think it would, BUT, a system where the original char has to do a complicated quest to
    obtain an UN-binding scroll ??

Or is it just better to rip the gems and then scavange the gear ???

Not sure yet, dont have scavange to see what it does yet
  • nightwolf200
    edited September 2011
    wildbull wrote: »
    Wouldnt it be nice to sell your lvl 50 +10 gear that has 2 X rage II gems mounted ?

yes it would nicely DESTROY the gear market

what would you rather buy as someone that just hit like lvl 50-70, a bunch of blue untouched gear that has the stat boosts you want thats priced moderately decent OR blue gear thats +9 and up with lvl 3 and higher gems in it priced just as much as the untouched gear and has THE EXACT SAME STAT BOOSTS?

if you picked the former instead of the latter your either a liar, an idiot, or a troll.
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]

• Orissa - Illyfue
    Orissa - Illyfue Posts: 496 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Maybe there should be something like gear recycler, which allow us to destroy an item, and get back a part of Star Shards spent on the upgrades (ofc they should be bound)
  • Ceridina - Illyfue
    Ceridina - Illyfue Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I would definitely prefer if bound items like those cash shop mounts could be unbound in some way. If it's a hacking problem, maybe a password or something similar to the bank etc. I got the first mount before I realised some of the others could swim, not I want to change my mount but I will just lose money if I dump the CS mount now. Even if it was account bound, I could pass it down to another character.

Also, it's really annoying to keep getting loads of Lionhart Scrolls that are all bound. They don't stack and you can't sell them. I really don't ned to level any faster since we have a perma 3x xp for quests anyway and x2 for mob kills at weekends. It's bad enough trying to keep up with the costs of gearing up etc as it is. I could sell them and buy something I want instead of they weren't bound. Same with Shard Gear, I would like to at least be able to pass it down to another character on the same account instead of losing all that gold I've spent identifying the attribs and fortifying it etc. If I could pass it down, it means more Elite mobs for othes who are trying to gear up their characters.
  • Jandir - Storm Legion
    Jandir - Storm Legion Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I would definitely prefer if bound items like those cash shop mounts could be unbound in some way. If it's a hacking problem, maybe a password or something similar to the bank etc. I got the first mount before I realised some of the others could swim, not I want to change my mount but I will just lose money if I dump the CS mount now. Even if it was account bound, I could pass it down to another character.

Also, it's really annoying to keep getting loads of Lionhart Scrolls that are all bound. They don't stack and you can't sell them. I really don't ned to level any faster since we have a perma 3x xp for quests anyway and x2 for mob kills at weekends. It's bad enough trying to keep up with the costs of gearing up etc as it is. I could sell them and buy something I want instead of they weren't bound. Same with Shard Gear, I would like to at least be able to pass it down to another character on the same account instead of losing all that gold I've spent identifying the attribs and fortifying it etc. If I could pass it down, it means more Elite mobs for othes who are trying to gear up their characters.

Agreed on the CS mounts for trading/mailing to your own characters.

You can use and stack the 30 minutes up on the Lionhearts. Just turn off the 2X XP until you run a God's Trial.

Shard gear - it's better to buy the weapon and use [Main] quest gear until the XP slows down and you aren't leveling 5 times per play through since you'll have to kill 56? I think it is Elite mobs to get enough shards for a full level 30 set. It's far cheaper (on time and soul gold) to buy the weapon, NPC the remaining bound shards and sell through the Auction House any unbound shards you pick up.

Fortifying the gear - most recommend against it at lower levels. I think there are achievements for it if you're hunting them and you can buy ID scrolls with achievement points after a certain # of achievements.

Identifying gear - Run the fishing contest for the 30 minutes, get free ID scrolls and never pay for one again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature created by Luciferia!
  • Darksiren - Storm Legion
    Darksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I agree with removing 'bound' for fashion and mounts. PWEs stand point is if you cant pass it down, it makes people buy more and spend more RL cash. I think this is inaccurate since it conversely acts to prohibit people who already have some fashion from buying more. It certainly does that for me. If i could sell off some old, i'd buy new. So while the person i sold it to, didnt buy new from the CS, instead i did. I dont believe its much of a change. And i certainly know i havent bought a different mount since i cant do anything with the old one.

Binding for armor works to prevent market crashing on gear. I dont know if i support it or not, but its working as intended. It has different considerations and i dont necessarily support removing the bound status of gear.

I certainly support keeping bound status on all the free gifts. This definately prevents the practice of making new characters just for ragefire IIs to sell and similar ideas.
  • Ceridina - Illyfue
    edited September 2011
    You can use and stack the 30 minutes up on the Lionhearts. Just turn off the 2X XP until you run a God's Trial.

Not a great lover of instances so I often end up just trashing the scrolls. It would be nice if the gods reward for prayer had a little more variety, I have never had anything but scrolls from it. Maybe a gear fortifying shard or a turquoise shard or whatever one you needed for your level would be nice occasionally, even 5 food or drink items that give the health or mana boost every few seconds since the rewards are not that frequent anyway, it's not like you could play your whole career without buying something if you had this variety.

Getting back on subject, I see very few fashion items or mounts sold in the AH. Since mounts from rep rewards are bound when you buy them, the CS is the only source. Allowing players to upgrade/change their CS mount and sell the old one would have more sold in the AH.
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Getting back on subject, I see very few fashion items or mounts sold in the AH. Since mounts from rep rewards are bound when you buy them, the CS is the only source. Allowing players to upgrade/change their CS mount and sell the old one would have more sold in the AH.

Why is it that ppl think that they can only use their ingame money in the AH?

You won't see many mounts, and especially fashion, in the AH, for a simple reason: there is a ton of them, and they are quite expensive as well... so, if you pay for a fashion piece and sell it in the AH, what are the chances for a buyer wanting that exact piece out of the dozens of sets to be found? Very slim, let me tell you.

What you can do is exchange your gold for leaves and buy directly from the CS... in fact, why would you even want to wait till someone decides to put what you want inthe AH when it's thjere for aa few gold in the CS?

Anyway, on topic: a fashion/mount unbinder would be cool (but will probably never happen for the reasons explained above).
    However, anyone who has played the game for more than a couple of weeks and has an IQ at least fit for a primape would know that there isn't any worse idea than a gear unbinder for this specific game...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ceridina - Illyfue
    edited September 2011
    Why is it that ppl think that they can only use their ingame money in the AH?

You won't see many mounts, and especially fashion, in the AH, for a simple reason: there is a ton of them, and they are quite expensive as well... so, if you pay for a fashion piece and sell it in the AH, what are the chances for a buyer wanting that exact piece out of the dozens of sets to be found? Very slim, let me tell you.
    Did I infer buying items just for the AH? Some people do but they should be allowing players to upgrade or change their fashion gear and mounts and sell the old stuff. There's no way I want to pay 15 Euro for a mount or some fashion just to throw it away to upgrade. Like you said, they are expensive.
    What you can do is exchange your gold for leaves and buy directly from the CS... in fact, why would you even want to wait till someone decides to put what you want inthe AH when it's thjere for aa few gold in the CS?
    Okay, so what about the old stuff I paid for in cash? I still want to benefit from it, even if it means only in-game cash, rather than just discard it.

I'm not in the habit of just dumping 15 Euros, otherwise I'd play WOW.
  • Verreor - Illyfue
    Verreor - Illyfue Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    i think there should be a item to unbound clothes..i mean what if you start a new character you have to get all the clothes all over again, or what if you have collected to many clothes an it is taking to much room in your bank, i mean it would be a waste of players gold an rl money to just drop them.:(
  • BIazenAnge - Storm Legion
    BIazenAnge - Storm Legion Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I think it would be nice if there was a was a way to move fashion around on your account. Mabye something like the account stash stone thing on PW.
  • Heraldoni - Illyfue
    Heraldoni - Illyfue Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    There's also the storage problem. Each fashion set is 4 pieces so if you have 6 sets, that's 4 entire rows from your bank or bag slots. Considering that we have to pay for extra slots, it's like paying twice for extra fashion sets so you have a repectable wardrobe.

If you have a full set, at least allow it to be re-stacked into a single box for storage.
  • Darksiren - Storm Legion
    Darksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    There's also the storage problem. Each fashion set is 4 pieces so if you have 6 sets, that's 4 entire rows from your bank or bag slots. Considering that we have to pay for extra slots, it's like paying twice for extra fashion sets so you have a repectable wardrobe.

If you have a full set, at least allow it to be re-stacked into a single box for storage.

Well in regards to storage, we should be able to stack gems, at least to stacks of (5) with bound vs. unbound requiring separate stacks. That would clear up a bit of storage problems.
  • Onomatomania - Illyfue
    Onomatomania - Illyfue Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2011

This is what is stopping me from buying a second fashion set. I already have a severe space shortage with how it is.

And I definatly agree with stacking gems. I also think one should be able to stack items up to 100 (or 99, whatever floats your boat) instead of stacks of 50.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • misthollow
    misthollow Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    A little late I know again I have not been playing long and I know my opinion does not matter much but I tend to give it anyway.

I think a lot of bound items are good in most ways, however there have been times when someone in my guild needed something and I could not give it to him because it is bound to me and vice versa. Maybe just opening it up to email from your character to another on your account or be able to trade with someone that is from your guild
  • anime0lover
    anime0lover Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    ok now i see.
    this will never happen cause PWE will lose a lot of money.
    but one thing is really making me like:eek: i see many posts that supports the bound system and trying 2 shut down this thread realy quick with their own way(probably GMS in my opinopion)lol
    someone with IQ would be mad with PWE if he had 4 IV mists in hes gear and change hes built in non evasion.(just make the maths its more than 30diamods)
    YES unbind lvl 1 gems will bring confuse in market price,but lvl 3 and 4 should be able 2 unbound for a radom price.
    try for a change 2 help ur costumers and not only 'draining' their money.
    TY.
  • ZephyrFalc - Illyfue
    ZephyrFalc - Illyfue Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    If 'bound' is removed the whole economy of the game would crash.The developers and the players would both be at loss.The game would become totally unbalanced.It would be the end of FW .Asking to remove the 'bound' feature is fully immature and dumb.There.
    ZephyrFalcon - Lvl 6X Edge Sin-EU Illyfue Server
  • anime0lover
    anime0lover Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    If 'bound' is removed the whole economy of the game would crash.The developers and the players would both be at loss.The game would become totally unbalanced.It would be the end of FW .Asking to remove the 'bound' feature is fully immature and dumb.There.

hi there,i dont know about the economy of ur server but in server Eryda the economy is already crashed.
  • MrDeathy - Nyos
    MrDeathy - Nyos Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    I would just add fashion backpack where you can put them and mounts nothing more. If you change your tree and dont need gems anymore then its your fail cos you didnt plan what you want with your char in first place. If you find it waste that you bought mount and now cant sell it you shouldn't use it them. Everything comes with price if you want to give items to someone get them new one. Giving one you used is pushing.
  • Axym - Lionheart
    Axym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    wildbull wrote: »

I think it would, BUT, a system where the original char has to do a complicated quest to
    obtain an UN-binding scroll ??

Or is it just better to rip the gems and then scavange the gear ???

Not sure yet, dont have scavange to see what it does yet

1) you can't have 2 of the same gem in a single gear.
    2) you can technically sell gear +10 with gems, it'd just cost a crapload of money, and probably more money than you'd make off of it. You can fortify unbound gear, it just costs real gold instead of sg, and you can put unbound gems into a unbound piece to make it "more valuable"

ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa