Arena Gears on Everyone!

2»

Comments

• TheSprite - Lionheart
    TheSprite - Lionheart Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Yeah well, one heavy cser can just make a lvl 45 acc and spam arena until he reaches the score that he needs to get arena gears. That's is why arena's system is broking, now you got a cheater running around with full purples equipped to him, with x3 exp going on he can just get the arena gears for 70 or 60 and own other ppl.

How about the fact that you have to be rank 7 arena rep in order to buy the 70 arena gears? The amount of rep you gain is 100% based on your level. So in order to get rank 7 at level 45, you have to fight what.... 10,000 matches? Guess you can just get those 10k matches instantly huh?
  • Drachus - Eyrda
    Drachus - Eyrda Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i personally love ppl who build all this attack or arena gears in arenas/duels cause they haven't figured out eva>everything else.... you cant beat what you cant hit... EVASION GEARS OWN ALL OTHERS...
    ...You know that at higher levels, higher accuracy is easier to get right? Evasion can still be a really nice build (if balanced with decent hp, etc), but talking like evasion builds are unbeatable is just... *facepalm* Maybe against people who haven't properly stacked accuracy, but like I said, higher levels generally have stacked accuracy appropriately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • itsphii
    itsphii Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ...You know that at higher levels, higher accuracy is easier to get right? Evasion can still be a really nice build (if balanced with decent hp, etc), but talking like evasion builds are unbeatable is just... *facepalm* Maybe against people who haven't properly stacked accuracy, but like I said, higher levels generally have stacked accuracy appropriately.

Drachus has said it all ^ 100% agree

In full honestly, there are TONS of accuracy items, gems, skills, talents, pet skills, accuracy party boosts, evasion debuffs.. the saying "evasion owns all" is a fail statement. It's good yes, is it overpowered no? Is it counterable? Yes.
  • TheSprite - Lionheart
    edited September 2011

I agree with this. I have 338 self buffed, 364 with pet and priest and I still get hit over 50% of the time by most good players. The top accuracy players on the server hit me nearly 90% of the time if I don't turn on speed of fire or cloud. That being said, its usually just enough to miss sometimes to make eva worthwhile. Gives my priest just enough time to heal me before I get ****.
  • kyrulx
    kyrulx Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    On our server, the number of people who can run FP properly is not that high. If I could actually tank it properly I would actually try to run it.

Ironically, I am getting arena gears because it's the easiest way for me to get the prerequisite HP to not get 1-shotted by Kluer, which would then make me not need any FP gears. But I'd still run it anyway for the scrolls / money.
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    How about the fact that you have to be rank 7 arena rep in order to buy the 70 arena gears? The amount of rep you gain is 100% based on your level. So in order to get rank 7 at level 45, you have to fight what.... 10,000 matches? Guess you can just get those 10k matches instantly huh?
    /facepalm

Use your head.

Get 2700 3v3 score.
    Level up.
    Get into random 6v6, as many matches as you can, win or lose, you get reputation.

3v3 score and 6v6 scores are separate. You can go to one you don't care about to get reputation after you have the score in the other.
  • itsphii
    itsphii Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    End thread here.

OP, had no point to this thread, no logic or reasoning.
    Yes we established that gaining arena score 2700 at lowbie levels is cheap, but they do have to level up to 70 and do 6v6 like.. 1000 times.. even though it's easy... purple gear doesn't mean = over powered.

The blue arena gear so called "everyone is getting" isn't overpowered compared to GOOD sets 70+, it isn't terrible.. there are just better obvious options.. depending on what you desire.

Evasion isn't "OP", its balanced perfectly atm.

Instances are based on if you have friends to go with you, or world flutes.

Done.
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    itsphii wrote: »
    Evasion isn't "OP", its balanced perfectly atm.
    Evasion in itself isn't, it's just some skills and talents that make it either overpowered or underpowered. Now, you may call it rock-paper-scissor, but the fact that marksmen make it almost useless, or elemental warriors, while dark vamps can make it OP etc... isn't really balanced.

We all know this isn't a game where you pick your team, especially in arena, to best match your opponents. Anyone should be able to stand a moderate chance against anyone. Not have evasion useless against some teams while overpowered against others.
  • TheSprite - Lionheart
    edited September 2011
    /facepalm

Use your head.

Get 2700 3v3 score.
    Level up.
    Get into random 6v6, as many matches as you can, win or lose, you get reputation.

3v3 score and 6v6 scores are separate. You can go to one you don't care about to get reputation after you have the score in the other.

Still going to take forever. Guess I'm more impatient than others.
  • Advocate - Eyrda
    Advocate - Eyrda Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I personally don't recommend any class going evasion past 75+, accuracy becomes so common its unreal. I have about 500+ accuracy fully buffed with Precision II, plus the -90 evasion debuff (with soak + roar) elemental warriors can cast basically means i won't miss on anyone, maybe 1 in 5 hits if you have above 380+ evasion... but yeah i prefer all class go stout maybe dark vamps are OK with full evasion build because of the talented dark curse to reduce 24% accuracy(yeah this needs nerf), this is just personal experience in PVP that's all.:D
  • Unbrokenable - Lionheart
    Unbrokenable - Lionheart Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I personally don't recommend any class going evasion past 75+, accuracy becomes so common its unreal. I have about 500+ accuracy fully buffed with Precision II, plus the -90 evasion debuff (with soak + roar) elemental warriors can cast basically means i won't miss on anyone, maybe 1 in 5 hits if you have above 380+ evasion... but yeah i prefer all class go stout maybe dark vamps are OK with full evasion build because of the talented dark curse to reduce 24% accuracy(yeah this needs nerf), this is just personal experience in PVP that's all.:D

I would go ahead and say it depends on the current metagame. If everyone is going evasion, eventually everyone will go accuracy and evasion will be less useful. Then if everyone has accuracy, it then becomes beneficial to go pure HP. Then the people going accuracy will opt for more damage instead.

That said, certain classes with evasion buffs really benefit from high accuracy...namely marksmen and dark vamps. Most other classes don't have a compelling reason to go evasion unless they can afford to stack up on large amounts of pure, unbuffed evasion.