test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Assassins; Energy/Stamina instead of Mana

FuneralThi - Storm LegionFuneralThi - Storm Legion Posts: 17 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Suggestion Box
It only seems reasonable that a melee class trained with daggers wouldn't require magic to perform moves, but instead an Energy bar ala WoW...since this is a *cough* clone *cough* ;D
Post edited by FuneralThi - Storm Legion on
The fragments of my faith became the blade in my hand.

Comments

• Orissa - IllyfueOrissa - Illyfue Posts: 496 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    It would be only visual difference in UI, but serious problem with restoration. Alchemy tutorial gives MP potions, so melee classes don't have profits from alchemy and quests. Drinks? Forget it. Mana supplements? Forget it. Racial skills restoring MP (elven and human skills) - forget it. Elven racial buff (+1% MP) - forget it. MP options in gear (even if they're not chosen by players) - forget it. Skills removing/draining MP - it will be very poor...

Next time think many times before you will change something
  • nightwolf200nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    what Orissa said. seriously think things thru before making suggestions that would literally change the game for everyone.
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • FuneralThi - Storm LegionFuneralThi - Storm Legion Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    You're both missing the damned point; the game SHOULD be reworked. Warriors should use RAGE and Assassin's should have ENERGY.
    It's a damned simple game mechanic that nearly every other MMO uses.

Your responses are invalid, and are clearly just desperate attempts to raise your post counts.
  • Rainelynn - ShyliaRainelynn - Shylia Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    There are mana springs for sale in the CS. Obviously their sales would drop if assassins,
    warriors and protectors were reworked to use energy, therefore it is unlikely PWE will do that.
  • Pilfered - EyrdaPilfered - Eyrda Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    You're both missing the damned point; the game SHOULD be reworked. Warriors should use RAGE and Assassin's should have ENERGY.

Your responses are invalid, and are clearly just desperate attempts to raise your post counts.

Though I understand and may want to agree as someone that plays the assassin class of games, I'm afraid this Open Beta will never go so far.

If I recall correctly. The assassins in diablo used mana. I could be mistaken though.
    edited August 2011
    Though I understand and may want to agree as someone that plays the assassin class of games, I'm afraid this Open Beta will never go so far.

If I recall correctly. The assassins in diablo used mana. I could be mistaken though.

Diablo wasn't an MMO, and ALL the classes used mana. :S
    edited August 2011

maybe it should be reworked but since this is open beta AND this is the american forum where the people here can't do a damn thing about it AND NOT THE CHINESE FORUM WHERE IT MIGHT ACTUALLY BE CONSIDERED, it will go unchanged.

and lol at that last part implying me and orissa or post ****.
    umadbrahthat the first 2 replies didn't agree with your QQing?
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

• Jandir - Storm LegionJandir - Storm Legion Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Visual difference in the UI does not warrant the change.

This game isn't WoW and Blizzard has had years to make that game not suck. This game isn't even a year old (American) and the original isn't out of beta yet.

Warriors should use Stamina (if anything); Rage is a Berserker trait and only one stance for warrior takes on a "berserker"-style of fighting.

Assassin's should use Stamina (if anything).

Lastly..."nearly every other MMO" is probably a reference to US-based games. This is not originally a US-based game so it isn't going to follow their game mechanics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature created by Luciferia!
    edited August 2011
    Yeah, I don't consider Korean grind-fests to be competent MMO's.
    Allods Online isn't bad, nor is Runes of Magic.

Other "games" like Fiesta, Maple Story, and Conquer Online don't appeal to me.
  • Jandir - Storm LegionJandir - Storm Legion Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    So...American grind-fests (aka WoW, D&D Online and LOTRO) are competent MMOs?

Runes of Magic had no appeal at all to me...AO - never played

And this game isn't Korean, it's a China-base.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature created by Luciferia!
  • Orissa - IllyfueOrissa - Illyfue Posts: 496 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Why should we additionally complicate the game mechanics? Watch the newest update, how many bugs did it bring... Change of the most basic element will totally ruin this game. Mana is fine enough, it just tells us how often we can use our skills, nothing else. Watch the other games of PWE. All of their games base on 1 energy resource. All F2P MMOs have only 1 kind of this resource, and all players agree that it's fine enough

Games like DOTA and LOL are kinda different, they aren't pure MMOs, so some of chars can use different sources of power. There are fury chars, which can spam skills without any cost, energy chars, who can't restore energy by potions, and those who use their HP to cast skills. But there each char has its own mechanics. Common MMOs are much different, race and class set only what skills will you have, and your stats growth, nothing else. Energy for melee classes is only a cosmetic change, but brings many problems with completely separate gear, potions, food, skills, etc. And the racial skills are the next problem. See how many things need to be changed because of 1 dumb idea

According to your idea, vampires should have only HP bar, which is increased by both HP and MP bonuses. I've seen those mechanics, in Darkeden. But here it will be damn wrong. Standard HP + some MP + bonus from racial blessing + other buffs + vampire sigil will make vampires almost impossible to kill, unless they will be inferno vamps, then they'll have to burn a lot of HP

And how about warriors and sins? Their skills are based not only on physical attacks, but also wind or dark. So, why not mana?
    edited August 2011
    So...American grind-fests (aka WoW, D&D Online and LOTRO) are competent MMOs?

Runes of Magic had no appeal at all to me...AO - never played

And this game isn't Korean, it's a China-base.

WoW is streamlined, and allows casuals to essentially glide on by to level 60 which is where the expansions begin.

D&D and LOTRO are clones; they feel unpolished and dated.

Korea...China...difference?
  • Luciferia - IllyfueLuciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Same as Brazil and Canada I guess...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    Same as Brazil and Canada I guess...

you mean canada and mexico
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]

edited August 2011

above ugly American statement
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]

• jojoballzjojoballz Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Its mostly nomenclature weather it be mana, rage, or energy. It's all the same you have to consume something to use powerful skills.

Now comparing energy, mana, and rage and based on how other games use them, they work ok, but for the most part they have dual energy sources. I never played WoW so not sure there. Runes of Magic for example has a dual class system, and depending on your combination have 2 enegry sources. You use one and then the other. R/W for examlpe use enegry skills till ur rage is built up and then u can use rage skills. Guild Wars is the same you have enegry skills that you can use to help build up Adreniline before you can use your Adreniline skills.

Now Im not being judgemental but this has never worked well in PVP. Most fights are over fast, and to have skills that you need to build up rage / adreniline never do well. Most fights are over before you have enough to use the skills.

I think a single source of energy is fine. Forsaken World uses mana for all classes no issues there.

What I think would be great for Forsaken world is to look at several things.

1. Mana cost from skills - they need to be tweeked
    2. Pot cool down time
    3 Mana return from pots.

For the most part these are the things that are not balances well in the game. I play vamp and I consume a lot of mana, and from talking seems like its the 2nd worst class, mages being first for consumption.

Potting is an art and a skill.

Excluding CS pots, there are three pots in game. NPC regen pots, Crafted regen pots, and Crafted single amount pots. I would make the NPC and Crafted regen pots the same thing, and I would tie cool downs together. HP and MP regen pots share 1 cooldown, and Single amount HP / MP pots have a common cooldown.

As I said before the amount gained from pots, and the amount comsumed by skills should be balanced more. Potting should be a factor in a fight, but we should not have to use pots like a homeless man drinking Mickeys.
    Fighting on the internet is like winning the special olympics. Even if you win you're still ****. - unknown
  • Wellsee - Storm LegionWellsee - Storm Legion Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I like the fact that everyone uses mana. No more screaming for the tank to wait on the casters to get mana. This isn't WoW with rage and energy and focus. It's nice and simple.
  • BegForIt - EyrdaBegForIt - Eyrda Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Diablo wasn't an MMO, and ALL the classes used mana. :S

um...diablo was a game where MASSIVE amounts of MULTIPLE PLAYERS played ONLINE...
    Granted it is not your typical mmorpg like WoW because it has a defined ending to the game, it is still a MMO.
    Yeah, I don't consider Korean grind-fests to be competent MMO's.
    Allods Online isn't bad, nor is Runes of Magic.

Other "games" like Fiesta, Maple Story, and Conquer Online don't appeal to me.

Based on the above quotes, what I'm getting is that you simply use games that try to support your argument and you consider every other MMO out there that counters your argument not a valid MMO?

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you. Do you understand these rights as they have been read to you?"

Don't ever represent yourself in court...
    edited August 2011
    um...diablo was a game where MASSIVE amounts of MULTIPLE PLAYERS played ONLINE...
    Granted it is not your typical mmorpg like WoW because it has a defined ending to the game, it is still a MMO.

Based on the above quotes, what I'm getting is that you simply use games that try to support your argument and you consider every other MMO out there that counters your argument not a valid MMO?

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you. Do you understand these rights as they have been read to you?"

Don't ever represent yourself in court...

what do you expect is a WoW fanboy/girl every game has to adapt to his style of play and have EXACTLY the same things as WoW does from controls, to "mana/energy", races/classes.
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]