Gold Sellers in servers MUST BE STOPPED!

Jail_Bait - Lionheart
Jail_Bait - Lionheart Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
I woke up to see world chat being flooded by a gold seller on the lionheart server, Madoria is the sellers name could we get a ban on the person, ip ban preferably.
Post edited by Jail_Bait - Lionheart on

Comments

• Riannie - Lionheart
    Riannie - Lionheart Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Yeah this person is getting annoying but didn't you send in a ticket about it xD?
  • Xsasukex - Storm Legion
    Xsasukex - Storm Legion Posts: 1,568 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    they are everywhere.. spamming the same message every 2 seconds for hours =_=

Storm

20110812183324.png

Illyfue
    20110812224735.png
    [SIGPIC]http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7664/xsasukex.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    xSasukex | 75 | Elemental | Warrior (retired)
    CuteNDeadly | 66 | Venom | Assassin <Naholdir's Princess>
  • Stiig - Eyrda
    Stiig - Eyrda Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Yah I hope FW doesnt become one of those games where bots constantly harass with PMs about their offers and spam 24/7 in the middle of highly populated areas. Really is annoying..
    edited August 2011
    it is.. and i hope they do something about it, cause their in-game report system doesnt work.
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    they are everywhere.. spamming the same message every 2 seconds for hours =_=

Storm

20110812183324.png

Illyfue
    20110812224735.png

well it was only a matter of time before people made accounts for spamming their sites "selling" gold and such -_- like any other online game in some old games i played theres like 4 bots on average in the major towns in every world/realm
    it is.. and i hope they do something about it, cause their in-game report system doesnt work.

not surprised by this
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • Aesarin - Storm Legion
    Aesarin - Storm Legion Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I was wondering when that **** would find its way here. Yaay... :|

I guess they don't realize that you can "buy gold" from PWE directly for roughly the same price:

As you all know...

$10 = 1000 zen = 400 leaves

100 leaves = 20 gold

Thus...

$11.59 = 1159 zen = 463.6 leaves

463.6 leaves = 92.72 gold

Okay, so you get 7.28 additional gold from the spammers, but only IF they don't just take your credit card number and run. Fail spammers need to go back to wow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Is metroid's gun attached to his suit or is it a part of his arm?
    English Talent Calculator: http://www.aesica.net/fw
  • viktorburns666
    viktorburns666 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Illyfue PVE, Realm 6, Auction House near Magic Fountain. Character name is Cirande, a lvl 12 female Assasin.

See picture:

http://imageshack.us/f/844/fwgoldspammer001.jpg/

I hope the gold spammers get dealt with. I don't want them to ruin this game for me like they've ruined other games that I've played.
  • Midcyru - Eyrda
    Midcyru - Eyrda Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    while i do approve of your point of view i must point out a few things
    1. these things are in every game it happens the companies can try to deal with them but that wont stop them from popping up everynow and then blocking them may be the best option
    2. naming and shaming in the forums is against the ToS
    3. relative to the naming and shaming in the forums you will get better results by sending in a ticket especially if you have a screenshot ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ohaigaise
    ohaigaise Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    there on lionheart too... since yesterday... please ban QQ
  • Vathaelia - Eyrda
    Vathaelia - Eyrda Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    There are the same bots all over Eyrda as well, with at least 3 different names. As everyone else says, let the ban hammer fly, these guys are super annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vampire Guide: fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=208231
  • Electrasol - Lionheart
    Electrasol - Lionheart Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    idei5z.jpg
  • Orissa - Illyfue
    Orissa - Illyfue Posts: 496 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I'm interested how do they farm gold, if it's hard to obtain a lot of money, at least by botting...
  • Electrasol - Lionheart
    Electrasol - Lionheart Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    how long until this person is gone so we can have our world chat back on lionheart server?
  • Aely - Illyfue
    Aely - Illyfue Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    lol this is the worst game a goldseller can choose for his unlegit buisness
    those bots are there to trap silly players and steal some data and maybe money
    pls add them into blocklist at sight
  • Riannie - Lionheart
    Riannie - Lionheart Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    There is one spamming on Lionheart in world chat like every 5-15 secs which is annoying even though someone sent in a ticket about it.
  • Ayumii - Illyfue
    Ayumii - Illyfue Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I sent a ticket about one pming me yesterday, and i got a ticket reply saying their account will be dealt with :) tickets work!
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    the following is how i dealt with them in previous games.
    this is all depending if the game records chat records or not.

1. take ss
    2. upload to like photobucket or something.
    3. send ticket with link
    4. block them.
    5. move on with what i was doing. the end.
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • Terrorian - Illyfue
    Terrorian - Illyfue Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    i played aion 4 months on official server...i never saw something like this there...bots made me in past to leave cabal online after 3 years...i hope here is not same thing :|
    <World Shaper> Closed Beta Phase 4 Player
  • terrorian
    terrorian Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    lets hope none will buy nothing from them :cool:
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Well, I think this qualifies as an exeption in the naming and shaming rule... you cannot shame a bot spamming normal chat, and I don't think anyone will disagree this is a bot...

Anyway, do send a ticket as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Redsnail - Illyfue
    Redsnail - Illyfue Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    already sent a ticket in about this person also there's another thread about this person
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crabclaw
    crabclaw Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    1. take ss
    2. upload to like photobucket or something.
    3. send ticket with link
    4. block them.

This is pretty much one of the better courses of action you can take. We actively ban gold spammers like this, and your reports are helpful in nailing them to the wall.
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I was wondering when that **** would find its way here. Yaay... :|

I guess they don't realize that you can "buy gold" from PWE directly for roughly the same price:

As you all know...

$10 = 1000 zen = 400 leaves

100 leaves = 20 gold

Thus...

$11.59 = 1159 zen = 463.6 leaves

463.6 leaves = 92.72 gold

Okay, so you get 7.28 additional gold from the spammers, but only IF they don't just take your credit card number and run. Fail spammers need to go back to wow.

Actually, they are cheaper, since PWEU charges us Europeans more than PWE charges the rest of you...

But your penultimate sentence is what really counts anyway ;) Plus it's totally not worth getting banned if they catch you buying, plus it screws the very game you're playing, so...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adol - Eyrda
    Adol - Eyrda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    crabclaw wrote: »
    This is pretty much one of the better courses of action you can take. We actively ban gold spammers like this, and your reports are helpful in nailing them to the wall.

this OR, make a system where you can let 10~15 (active, as in moved within 1 minute and not on auto route) players hold an area wide vote to make said Player PKable and if the majority approves the player is flagged for PK and upon death you can only use World Chat, PM, Party, Guild NOT NORMAL.

please consider this dark suggestion
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=185261

The thread above displays the current Intelligence of the FW community relating to Sarcasm. Enjoy :)
  • Orissa - Illyfue
    Orissa - Illyfue Posts: 496 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    In Hero Online I've seen very nice feature. Simple quiz every 30 or 60 minutes, you had 2-3 minutes to give the answer, so you could safely leave battle zone, and then answer. Quiz was just simple addition/subtraction, like 2+7= ??. Bad answer = dc/temp. ban. Good answer = little lotto with rewards like potions, crafting supplies, fortification items. In FW it could be little portion of bound food/potions (the greatest chance), single star shards (bound), materials like elite drops (magic blood, ruby fossil, etc). Little image distortion should be protective enough
  • GosuSensei - Dyos
    GosuSensei - Dyos Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    In Hero Online I've seen very nice feature. Simple quiz every 30 or 60 minutes, you had 2-3 minutes to give the answer, so you could safely leave battle zone, and then answer. Quiz was just simple addition/subtraction, like 2+7= ??. Bad answer = dc/temp. ban. Good answer = little lotto with rewards like potions, crafting supplies, fortification items. In FW it could be little portion of bound food/potions (the greatest chance), single star shards (bound), materials like elite drops (magic blood, ruby fossil, etc). Little image distortion should be protective enough

There is something like that in the chinese version of Forsaken world. No rewards though and i cant see how it can possibly work with afklvling.

BTW: There are goldsellers on Dyos too. They got banned several times but they are back in the game after a few minutes/hours with a new account. And their website is (obviously) a scam ,my antivirus is telling me that the website is infected.
  • crystalhaztazahs
    crystalhaztazahs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    There's still a gold spammer in storm server, filed a ticket though. :/
  • Immobilized - Storm Legion
    Immobilized - Storm Legion Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Wth... it's only 10.99 in storm server!
    edited August 2011
    Just this morning ive seen like 3 different names spam world chat.

Sure i can send in a ticket, but if im gonna send in a ticket every time i see a new name or a new spammer i wont get to do anything else. There are too many of em, and as soon as they get banned they make new accounts.

It would be much easier, for us and for PWE, if they fixed their in-game reporting system.
  • Redlace - Storm Legion
    Redlace - Storm Legion Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    i played aion 4 months on official server...i never saw something like this there...bots made me in past to leave cabal online after 3 years...i hope here is not same thing :|

This is exactly how I ended up on FW. I left another game that I had been playing for three years, leaving many, many friends, my guild and my high level/well equiped character. The bots and spammers had taken their toll on not just myself but a vast majority of the players, making the game a near ghost town of its former self. I tried to put up with the spamming, gold selling, the bots and hacks for as long as I could (almost 2 years of my three there), but I had to leave. I came here.

The decision to leave was a hard and painfull one to make. So hard that I'm afraid to make friends and or join a guild here - and if the bots persist that was probably a good decision to make, since I'll be moving on yet again.

It'll be just too hard to watch yet another good game fall into the hands of account thieves, scammers, bots, spammers and gold sellers/buyers.