Nightmare pet location

Araashi - Lionheart
Araashi - Lionheart Posts: 3 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Beginner's Guide
I got tired of the hush-hush "secret" every one has on this pet so i figured i would post what i know about how to get it.

The first step is to be level 40, you cant even get into the zone unless your there. So once your level 40 hop over to the Bramble Camp in Lunagrant Woodlands. Then take the Great Tree Spirit option on the list. Then look for stairs heading down into a wide open area. Thats where it spawn, you should know your in the right spot just from seeing other people lookin for the spawn too. Now that im level 40 i can confirm that this is the place, just be sure to avoid the Abyss Nightmare, that isnt the mob your looking for. He might be a world boss or something, hits like a ton of bricks.

The spawn timer seems to be a good four hours or so. This was posted back in closed beta from a farmer:
"The spawn times should be around 7:50-8:10 depending what time they have killed it each time. If it was the first, the spawn times will be 7:50, 11:51, 3:52, 7:53...etc. " I assume thats server time.

The mob its self is pretty easy to spot. It looks just like a normal soul, light blue an see through with that purple cloud around the feet. All you have to do is beat on it until its a lil less then 50% health an pop your Advanced Soul Catching skill. I caught my first one with the skill rank at one so i dont think that matters.
Post edited by Araashi - Lionheart on

Comments

• JakTheWarrior - Eyrda
    JakTheWarrior - Eyrda Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    OMG TYYYY
    finaly founnd em now i can go catch some with my friends good luck on gettting lvl 40 btw and TY ALOT
  • Arcanus - Lionheart
    Arcanus - Lionheart Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I got tired of the hush-hush "secret" every one as on this pet so i figured i would post what i know about how to get it.

The first step is to be level 40, you cant even get into the zone unless your there. So once your level 40 hop over to the Bramble Camp in Lunagrant Woodlands. Then take the last trackstone option on the list (i dont know its name yet.) Then look for stairs heading down into a wide open area. Thats where it spawn, you should know your in the right spot just from seeing other people lookin for the spawn too.

The spawn timer seems to be a good two hours or so.

But should you not find the stairs, try a different trackstone. Once im 40 i will come back an confirm all this. Until then if any one 40+ wants to try an find it an confirm, it would be helpful.

Gotta be level 40? Um, no. My guildie is not even level 35 but a level 40 somehow took him into level 40 instance and he got into the nightmare area. He's already farming nightmares and has bound himself to a trackstone in the level 40 area so he can town teleport to that nightmare location whenever he wants. Well, at least he says thats how he got there. Other guildies have confirmed that he is indeed able to get into level 40 area while being below level 40. The guy that posted above me seemingly also has gotten there, as he just said the whole "farming with friends" thing. Not sure I'm gonna have to try that level 40 instance trick soon (not that I'm far from level 40 anyway, almost level 39 ATM and still got all sorts of dailies to do)
    Class: Mage
    Server: Lionheart
    Guild: Valor

Comments on class: In other games mages are PvP class. In this game we're AoE machines. Think there's somethin wrong there.....

Comments on guild: WE WILL BE NUMBA 1! >:O
  • acolyte
    acolyte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I got tired of the hush-hush "secret" every one as on this pet so i figured i would post what i know about how to get it.

The first step is to be level 40, you cant even get into the zone unless your there. So once your level 40 hop over to the Bramble Camp in Lunagrant Woodlands. Then take the last trackstone option on the list (i dont know its name yet.) Then look for stairs heading down into a wide open area. Thats where it spawn, you should know your in the right spot just from seeing other people lookin for the spawn too.

The spawn timer seems to be a good two hours or so.

But should you not find the stairs, try a different trackstone. Once im 40 i will come back an confirm all this. Until then if any one 40+ wants to try an find it an confirm, it would be helpful.

Thank you so much.

Just to be 100% sure, that no1 was gonna remove your sweet post, i then made a print of it :)
    This game is getting more & more Hostility each day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • areee
    areee Posts: 117
    edited March 2011
    Is it a random location in the area? Does it replace a nightmare that is vanquished? Does the nightmare have a single spot it always pops up in? And what is it called?

Nevermind. XD

It spawns randomly but not as a mob. It's literally the soul but unlike other souls you need to reduce it's HP down to below 50% to capture it and it has a LOT of hp although it has low attack power thankfully and will stay agroed to the first thing to attack it. Good use of a tank pet for squishy casters. (Or bards. =P )
  • Araashi - Lionheart
    Araashi - Lionheart Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Edited the first post to give more detail now that im 40. Thanks for the replies, the info was helpful in figuring it all out.
  • I_Love_My_Sese - Illyfue
    I_Love_My_Sese - Illyfue Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for this information guys! ;)

*goes farming for nightmares*
  • Merisusa - Storm Legion
    Merisusa - Storm Legion Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Can you give excat Coordinates map coordinate wise would be helpful more lol
  • Arcanasylv - Storm Legion
    Arcanasylv - Storm Legion Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I found it once my shear chance as I was doing a quest. However, since then I have not seen it. Anyone who can give the coordinates would be appreciated. I remember the general area but haven't seen it since.
  • xstoneone
    xstoneone Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Figured I'd hijack and bump this thread.

The location of the Griffin pet is located not far from the Nightmare Pet. Go to Bramble Camp in Lunagrant Woodlands just as you would for the Nightmare Pet, go to where the Nightmare world boss spawn location is (The Abyss Nightmare, it spawns by the cliffs between the Lake and the Nightmare Pet location. Follow the stairs down from the great tree), sneak behind him and climb the wall to the top and you'll see level 55+ Griffins.

The Griffin Pet spawns around that location, about a 5 second walk away from the cliff face. Just run around there and check East and West for about 5-10 seconds out. Same deal as the Nightmare Pet only the Griffin Soul is a level 60 mob. At level 45 it hit me for 475 but attacked very slowly. Managed to kill it after 20 minutes and 75 health potions :(

I normally don't bother with posting locations but got tired of people asking about the location in WC just to be laughed at by farmers...so, figured I'd post the area for all those who currently didn't know. Enjoy.
  • Raika - Eyrda
    Raika - Eyrda Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    woow thnx aloot guys...

my question....where can we catch tat dragonling pet( i think tats the name)...i ve seen ppl with it in cb but not much in ob...also tat little witch pet ive seen in AH....
  • xstoneone
    xstoneone Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Bump so it stays on first page.

I'll add some pics with the actual location cords sometime next week if I have extra time off. Hopefully someone else will do it and make it look nice since mine will most likely just consist of jumbled pictures and location scribbles.

Surprised there isn't a fully fleshed out pet location soul catching guide already.
  • Katsamoto - Eyrda
    Katsamoto - Eyrda Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I got tired of the hush-hush "secret" every one has on this pet so i figured i would post what i know about how to get it.

The first step is to be level 40, you cant even get into the zone unless your there. So once your level 40 hop over to the Bramble Camp in Lunagrant Woodlands. Then take the Great Tree Spirit option on the list. Then look for stairs heading down into a wide open area. Thats where it spawn, you should know your in the right spot just from seeing other people lookin for the spawn too. Now that im level 40 i can confirm that this is the place, just be sure to avoid the Abyss Nightmare, that isnt the mob your looking for. He might be a world boss or something, hits like a ton of bricks.

The spawn timer seems to be a good four hours or so. This was posted back in closed beta from a farmer:
    "The spawn times should be around 7:50-8:10 depending what time they have killed it each time. If it was the first, the spawn times will be 7:50, 11:51, 3:52, 7:53...etc. " I assume thats server time.

The mob its self is pretty easy to spot. It looks just like a normal soul, light blue an see through with that purple cloud around the feet. All you have to do is beat on it until its a lil less then 50% health an pop your Advanced Soul Catching skill. I caught my first one with the skill rank at one so i dont think that matters.

awesome ... i just wish i seen this post before i froze tamer job today .. . lol .. anyways thanks for the info i will let some my friends know :cool:
  • Kaci - Storm Legion
    Kaci - Storm Legion Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I have seen the mob only once. Spotted it while questing, took hp low and captured it. I do want to say take it down as fast as you can. I've heard other players can steal the soul once someone gets it low enough to capture even if you had aggro from the mob. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
  • Sorcha - Storm Legion
    Sorcha - Storm Legion Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Yes once it gets down to 50% health anyone can then capture it. Saw a Vamp have it and a Warrior jumped in and took it from her. I myself yesterday got it and a Prot. jumped in. Well once it started getting low I quit hitting on it and spammed my capture hot key like crazy. I did get it and it was a blue nightmare.

Very sad people are going stupid crazy over it. I see someone get it I congrat them and just wait for the next 4 hrs.
  • Abstina - Lionheart
    Abstina - Lionheart Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Meh its the same way it was catching rare pets in PWI. Only since its every 4 hours not every 12, atm people aren't as crazy. But who knows what the higher lvls will bring.
  • JakTheWarrior - Eyrda
    edited April 2011
    ok i found the NON tamable nightmares and i had friends go on each of the servers me 1 and them the rest.i waited 24 hours non stop and i dont seem to find any of those tamable ones...im lvl 41 if u can can u help me find them?
  • Ginius - Illyfue
    Ginius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i waited 24 hours non stop

nice one :D:D
    Otherwise everthing has already been said in that thread, just read it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • JakTheWarrior - Eyrda
    edited April 2011
    nice one :D:D
    Otherwise everthing has already been said in that thread, just read it.

Yea...read the whole post 10 times and i tried asking like in world chat but nothing.
  • ability10
    ability10 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011

what realm sir?
    i hunt at realm 10 but nothing respawn
  • Lafael - Eyrda
    Lafael - Eyrda Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    extra piece of info: the nightmare soul has 3-4 spawn points and will walk in an oval around the general area once it spawns

some nightmare farmer i know actually hide and or drag the soul away from the area while others aren't looking so thats why you might not have seen it re spawn :)
  • ocakiki
    ocakiki Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    thank you for the info
  • pensri
    pensri Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Well of course we drag it finders keepers. Out of respect if you find it first hide it seriously there are many jerks out there who will steal it from you. I have had it stolen from me 2 or 3 times.:rolleyes: And there are no real set coordinates for it it actually walks around in a big circle. But yes you can find it in the general area described.
  • IMBALANZE - Lionheart
    IMBALANZE - Lionheart Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    pensri wrote: »
    Well of course we drag it finders keepers. Out of respect if you find it first hide it seriously there are many jerks out there who will steal it from you. I have had it stolen from me 2 or 3 times.:rolleyes: And there are no real set coordinates for it it actually walks around in a big circle. But yes you can find it in the general area described.

thank you for the necro :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
    drama aren't far from this siggy
  • zazzles
    zazzles Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Gotta be level 40? Um, no. My guildie is not even level 35 but a level 40 somehow took him into level 40 instance and he got into the nightmare area. He's already farming nightmares and has bound himself to a trackstone in the level 40 area so he can town teleport to that nightmare location whenever he wants. Well, at least he says thats how he got there. Other guildies have confirmed that he is indeed able to get into level 40 area while being below level 40. The guy that posted above me seemingly also has gotten there, as he just said the whole "farming with friends" thing. Not sure I'm gonna have to try that level 40 instance trick soon (not that I'm far from level 40 anyway, almost level 39 ATM and still got all sorts of dailies to do)

i believe this is called "glitching" and i believe if you "abuse" a glitch you will be banned, so best of luck to you after posting this on a monitered forum..
  • blueskull17
    blueskull17 Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    can some1 write the exact coordinates plsssssssssssssssss

for nightmare soul and grifin soul
  • IMBALANZE - Lionheart
    edited September 2011
    around the nightmare and griffin area
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
  • blueskull17
    edited September 2011
    that i know but i need the exact location in coardinates numbers (those bellow minimap)
  • IMBALANZE - Lionheart
    edited September 2011
    around the nightmare and griffin area
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
  • blueskull17
    edited September 2011
    there is not one grifin and nightmare area so for that i am asking for a coardinates

screenshot with the hero on the spot with open map will be perfect
  • p0l3r1
    p0l3r1 Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    there is not one grifin and nightmare area so for that i am asking for a coardinates

screenshot with the hero on the spot with open map will be perfect

I agree we need exact spot where we can run around and find where it spawns.