[Guide] All Things Bard.

245

Comments

  • Caadeence - Lionheart
    Caadeence - Lionheart Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    so let me guess, you waste 1 valuable gem slot just to recover slightly more hp? i mean really?

    If you are stacking mp then it's NOT stupid to go azur. Yeah seriously. It compensates heals, which we as water bards lack so much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jigglypuff - Eyrda
    Jigglypuff - Eyrda Posts: 605 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    so let me guess, you waste 1 valuable gem slot just to recover slightly more hp? i mean really?

    yea the crits come with triple parita+song of water which only lasts for like 15-20s...i did not say crits was useless, but if you wanna go crit, make it a goldspark 3 to see its usefulness.

    let me tell you this youre dps can be as high as you want but you wont kill anyone with that. why? cause spikedamage kills aka rh or crits. You as a water should time youre triple partitia for when you want to finish the job.
    As a wind i do the same with my not of rest wich if used right gives 46% extra damage to my wind skills (aka spike damage while its active)
    btw if youre water and dont go crits i can say one thing: Be prepared to get killed by a wind bard!
  • Caadeence - Lionheart
    Caadeence - Lionheart Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I agree, you should go full lvl 3 gems. At least for the reason that we only get 2 pieces for crits gems. However they are kinda expensive so even lvl 2 is a good start. But since water bard already get nice crit boost, ANY additional crit is a big plus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kunal - Eyrda
    Kunal - Eyrda Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This is why I make guides. I love the arguing. It helps people teach others that are learning to look from another perspective. This is why bards are so awesome; we learn from each other!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decaydi - Storm Legion
    Decaydi - Storm Legion Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    great thread
  • itsphii
    itsphii Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hm.

    So wind has long CDs?

    Is it hard for a wind bard to survive in 3v3 :O?
    Also, do you actually use tons of pots? And sometimes get 1 hitted at world bosses? :/


    I was thinking of light bard, but the heals are extremely long cd and weak, compared to priest.. even though its aoe. I was planning on wind bard, but the buff seem to take a while to cast and not to mention how squishy it is.
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Awesome guide. Sickied.

    cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

    [ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • Jigglypuff - Eyrda
    Jigglypuff - Eyrda Posts: 605 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    deathbunny wrote: »
    Awesome guide. Sickied.

    OMG deathbunny is alive again!!!!
  • Jigglypuff - Eyrda
    Jigglypuff - Eyrda Posts: 605 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    itsphii wrote: »
    Hm.

    So wind has long CDs?

    Is it hard for a wind bard to survive in 3v3 :O?
    Also, do you actually use tons of pots? And sometimes get 1 hitted at world bosses? :/


    I was thinking of light bard, but the heals are extremely long cd and weak, compared to priest.. even though its aoe. I was planning on wind bard, but the buff seem to take a while to cast and not to mention how squishy it is.

    wind has short c cds, in 3v3 if there is a priest a wind is awsome since they will target priest first (unless you **** them first round then youre screwed second ;) )
    Wind is the most gear and gem dependant, **** up gem combos and gear combos and youll have a hard time. Get it right and youll have loads of fun. I use bit more mp pots then others if i wanna chip in and dd in pve and yes sometimes you can have that oneshot as a wind bard vs worldboss
  • itsphii
    itsphii Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    wind has short c cds, in 3v3 if there is a priest a wind is awsome since they will target priest first (unless you **** them first round then youre screwed second ;) )
    Wind is the most gear and gem dependant, **** up gem combos and gear combos and youll have a hard time. Get it right and youll have loads of fun. I use bit more mp pots then others if i wanna chip in and dd in pve and yes sometimes you can have that oneshot as a wind bard vs worldboss

    Ah Thank you :). As a light bard, there are no heal effect gems correct? So would it be pointless to get heal effect items and evasion gems, since i probally wouldn't have enough evasion? The only reason to go evasion is if i had full evasion equips WITH evasion gems right?

    Also, does anyone have a good light bard build? Most people mention "accuracy decrease them" And the guide on "pure support bard" Prefers getting 5 points on "every E chord casted heals your hp by 200" Rather than accuracy debuff
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I was wondering what gems to put into my gear... MP and Evasion sounds nice.

    It's been awhile since I've played but back when I was 40 something I remember critting quite a lot and I didn't have any gems to increase it. Hope it still applies. One of the reasons why I loved my Water Bard.

    Though to be honest it's really up to your play style what gems you put in. I would prefer MP and Evasion as I plan to keep going down the water path... :3

    And hi Jigglypuff.

    cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

    [ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • Kunal - Eyrda
    Kunal - Eyrda Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    itsphii wrote: »
    Ah Thank you :). As a light bard, there are no heal effect gems correct? So would it be pointless to get heal effect items and evasion gems, since i probally wouldn't have enough evasion? The only reason to go evasion is if i had full evasion equips WITH evasion gems right?

    Also, does anyone have a good light bard build? Most people mention "accuracy decrease them" And the guide on "pure support bard" Prefers getting 5 points on "every E chord casted heals your hp by 200" Rather than accuracy debuff

    Correct. If you are to be an effective light bard, heal effect should be your only priority. By doing so, you will be sacrificing space for evasion, as evasion is an all-the-way thing or don't even try it.

    When the talent calculator is up, I will show people some of my most aggressive builds for each tree. With my light build, I healed around 4.2 per tick with Baptism, and 6-7k with Sonata of Life. I was the priest for an AC run with that build, and no one died ('cept the pets :()
    deathbunny wrote: »
    I was wondering what gems to put into my gear... MP and Evasion sounds nice.

    It's been awhile since I've played but back when I was 40 something I remember critting quite a lot and I didn't have any gems to increase it. Hope it still applies. One of the reasons why I loved my Water Bard.

    Though to be honest it's really up to your play style what gems you put in. I would prefer MP and Evasion as I plan to keep going down the water path... :3

    And hi Jigglypuff.

    That's what I plan to do. With mana the shield regens HP according to 6% of your Max mana. When I was light, I had 30k mana. That is around a 2.8k regen. Try that with a water bard, and you should not be able to die in vain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, when I ran... uh... the instance with waves of mobs (ToG for 40+; name I cannot remember) I would put up that shield, cast speed buff and ran to gather mobs. x) So much more fun when you don't have to just sit on your bum waiting to heal.

    I'd love to see your builds. Finally getting back into the game after the too-long beta.

    cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

    [ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • Kunal - Eyrda
    Kunal - Eyrda Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    deathbunny wrote: »
    Yeah, when I ran... uh... the instance with waves of mobs (ToG for 40+; name I cannot remember) I would put up that shield, cast speed buff and ran to gather mobs. x) So much more fun when you don't have to just sit on your bum waiting to heal.

    I'd love to see your builds. Finally getting back into the game after the too-long beta.

    I was wondering where you popped out of. When I woke up to check this thread, I saw it stickied and I saw you back. Should have seen my facial expression :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jigglypuff - Eyrda
    Jigglypuff - Eyrda Posts: 605 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I was wondering where you popped out of. When I woke up to check this thread, I saw it stickied and I saw you back. Should have seen my facial expression :D

    you should have heard his comment when he came on mumble xD

    and death its great to have our mod back on bard forums =D
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    *wonders what was said*

    Good to be back. Nice to see you guys still remember me. :'D *wipes tear*

    Anyone here have gone pure Water Bard? /lameattempttostayontopic

    cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

    [ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • itsphii
    itsphii Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Ah Thank you Kunal :).

    Can't wait for talent calculator to arrive so i can see a good light bard build :)


    Also which would you reccomend for aspect of 3v3 arena pvp? Wind or Light :O.
    I realized wind is basically attacking, and running to get buffs up and gather RH. Yet the only source of survivability i notice is sleep and quick movements, along with racial.



    Edit: Another thing :p sorry XD.

    Being a light bard, do you still cast courage and defence buffs etc? I always considered light bard just healing, but i realized you still can cast all the buffs a wind bard could, just courage would be weaker.
  • Jigglypuff - Eyrda
    Jigglypuff - Eyrda Posts: 605 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    deathbunny wrote: »
    *wonders what was said*

    Good to be back. Nice to see you guys still remember me. :'D *wipes tear*

    Anyone here have gone pure Water Bard? /lameattempttostayontopic

    epic oftopicer for threads here saying indeed a lame attempt. But as a pure water you will shine the most on a pvp server so get youre but on one ;)
  • Kunal - Eyrda
    Kunal - Eyrda Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    deathbunny wrote: »
    *wonders what was said*

    Good to be back. Nice to see you guys still remember me. :'D *wipes tear*

    Anyone here have gone pure Water Bard? /lameattempttostayontopic

    *cough* I have o.o

    itsphii wrote: »
    Ah Thank you Kunal :).

    Can't wait for talent calculator to arrive so i can see a good light bard build :)


    Also which would you reccomend for aspect of 3v3 arena pvp? Wind or Light :O.
    I realized wind is basically attacking, and running to get buffs up and gather RH. Yet the only source of survivability i notice is sleep and quick movements, along with racial.



    Edit: Another thing :p sorry XD.

    Being a light bard, do you still cast courage and defence buffs etc? I always considered light bard just healing, but i realized you still can cast all the buffs a wind bard could, just courage would be weaker.


    When I finish my pure light section, you will know. Wind is more PvP and evasion friendly. Light is PvE, and 9/10 cases in arena, you will be dropped first.


    Good light bards will keep their Baptisms and Majesties up during a fight. If you keep up courage as well, you are surpassing your role, but it does take up quite a lot of mana.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    And yet I am in Lionheart, lol!

    But am not inclined to start over on a PvP server anyways. I still have the arena once I get up there in levels. I'm too much of a casual player to really put forth the effort to give myself an edge in PvP... ; ^;

    @Kunal: You have? So you are no longer one? o_O My Bard only has reduced cooldowns on Chord of Wind/Water... once that's done I'll be adding points into the freeze talent. And that shield buff... that's as far as I had gotten before.

    cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

    [ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • Jigglypuff - Eyrda
    Jigglypuff - Eyrda Posts: 605 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    deathbunny wrote: »
    And yet I am in Lionheart, lol!

    But am not inclined to start over on a PvP server anyways. I still have the arena once I get up there in levels. I'm too much of a casual player to really put forth the effort to give myself an edge in PvP... ; ^;

    @Kunal: You have? So you are no longer one? o_O My Bard only has reduced cooldowns on Chord of Wind/Water... once that's done I'll be adding points into the freeze talent. And that shield buff... that's as far as I had gotten before.

    true, and ar you going the annoying water/wind hybrid? that has the most raw dd off all bards?
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I wasn't sure what to go for...

    I was doing fine with a semi-pure Water build. Do you mean annoying as in annoying to fight against or to level/build...? :<

    cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

    [ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • Kunal - Eyrda
    Kunal - Eyrda Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    deathbunny wrote: »
    I wasn't sure what to go for...

    I was doing fine with a semi-pure Water build. Do you mean annoying as in annoying to fight against or to level/build...? :<

    Jigglypuff is just butthurt about being beaten by me!

    But yes, I did have a pure water build done. Although, I love water-wind so much. When I buff, I get around an extra 1500 attack. Lucky me. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jigglypuff - Eyrda
    Jigglypuff - Eyrda Posts: 605 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    deathbunny wrote: »
    I wasn't sure what to go for...

    I was doing fine with a semi-pure Water build. Do you mean annoying as in annoying to fight against or to level/build...? :<

    theres currently 2 builds that annoy the **** out of me as a pure wind, and water/wind is one of the two water/light is the other if build correctly
  • deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hm... I see.

    I like the prospect of having extra damage so may just go down wind/water since I'm already dipped into the Wind tree for lowered CD. Then again being able to heal would help... my poor heal button... xD

    cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

    [ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • Kunal - Eyrda
    Kunal - Eyrda Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Update: I am finishing up my pure light portion as we speak. For the rest of the builds, I will take suggestions. The most wanted hybrid build will be done next.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • itsphii
    itsphii Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Kunal, I'd reccomend making separate pvp ratings. One for 1v1 (pk situations) and another for 3v3/6v6/gvg ( group battles)

    Because it's a little confusing when you say wind bard is best for group pvp, but yet it gets a 6 as a rating (probally due to the fact you mentioned it sucks 1v1).



    Also, in your opinion wind bards > light bards in pvp ? :/ I really wanted light bard, but is it possible to still be effective in a 4v4 + battle? as a light bard.. or even 3v3
  • Jigglypuff - Eyrda
    Jigglypuff - Eyrda Posts: 605 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    itsphii wrote: »
    Kunal, I'd reccomend making separate pvp ratings. One for 1v1 (pk situations) and another for 3v3/6v6/gvg ( group battles)

    Because it's a little confusing when you say wind bard is best for group pvp, but yet it gets a 6 as a rating (probally due to the fact you mentioned it sucks 1v1).



    Also, in your opinion wind bards > light bards in pvp ? :/ I really wanted light bard, but is it possible to still be effective in a 4v4 + battle? as a light bard.. or even 3v3

    it gets a 6 (i believe i know why) because even in group battles it requires the most communication and training with youre party. And in a 1v1 it sucks unless you are prepared aka have that courage going and know what youre up against(and even then it takes lots of skill and a almost perfect build).
    As a pure wind, and a DD build i know how hard it is as a pure wind to pvp in any circumstance. I do however very well atm but when i see other wind bards around i see their gear and see that they might have more troubles then me. (eventho my current ingame gear sucks due to a 102pk points madness rage last weekend)

    A light bard can be effective the only downside is a light lacks damage in small scale pvp. So it takes the healing role but since a priest has single target focus and can stay back and bubble it is hard for only a light bard to succeed in smale scale (since it keeps ppl up with baptism and that requires him to be in the fight where he can be easily targeted). Although i noticed a light with a water or wind by it side works wonders.
    Imo a light bard is medium scale and large scale pvp at its best. Simply cause in those circumstances aoes are flying everywhere and a priest can impossibly keep up. A light bard that stacked HE can however keep a party up decently if spamming his heals and keeping baptism up.

    A wind bard shines in medium scale pvp atm simply because it can hold on longer, speed buff around to back lines and isolate squichies and taking them down fast. At higher levels a wind bard will have more of its use in larger scale pvp aswell due to requim (15targets that have reduced HE) being a great help to a guild. Although in those circumstances a wind bard takes up a DD with ofheals role and not the healer role a light bard will play.

    A wind bard only starts shining at the higher levels with enough dedication.
  • Kunal - Eyrda
    Kunal - Eyrda Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    itsphii wrote: »
    Kunal, I'd reccomend making separate pvp ratings. One for 1v1 (pk situations) and another for 3v3/6v6/gvg ( group battles)

    Because it's a little confusing when you say wind bard is best for group pvp, but yet it gets a 6 as a rating (probally due to the fact you mentioned it sucks 1v1).



    Also, in your opinion wind bards > light bards in pvp ? :/ I really wanted light bard, but is it possible to still be effective in a 4v4 + battle? as a light bard.. or even 3v3

    Psh, Jiggly is just partial to his tree. But as for the rating, I take a solo pvp score and a group pvp score and I average it. For wind it was 3 solo and 9 group.

    But when I do put my light, you will see it is the worst of the pvp builds. Therefore, I recommend wind over light for pvp, mainly because if you are targetted first, you will be dropped QUICKLY.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jigglypuff - Eyrda
    Jigglypuff - Eyrda Posts: 605 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Psh, Jiggly is just partial to his tree. But as for the rating, I take a solo pvp score and a group pvp score and I average it. For wind it was 3 solo and 9 group.

    But when I do put my light, you will see it is the worst of the pvp builds. Therefore, I recommend wind over light for pvp, mainly because if you are targetted first, you will be dropped QUICKLY.

    <
    tries to be as objectiv as possible my dear kunal