Creekbank Valley, Soul Stealing

cagedraged
cagedraged Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
Why is it that when your about to kill a mob someone has to come and "help " kill it, then if a soul appears they basically steal it? Even though you did most of the work or you kill the mob by yourself and they run up and capture it before you get a chance to tab and capture the soul?

If I come across someone killing a mob and a soul appears, I let that person have the soul because it he/she did most of the work. I would expect the same, but that's probably asking for to much.
Post edited by cagedraged on

Comments

• deathbunny
    deathbunny Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yes, you're asking for too much. x)

The only time I attack/help someone is if I see that mob is running away into the waters and I'm in front of it. If a soul drops I let them catch up and take it. That's called helping.

cz47.gif
    Post in the right section and maybe you'll get the help you seek.

[ Guide Index | Search | PWE Support ]
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    deathbunny wrote: »
    yes, You're Asking For Too Much. X)

The Only Time I Attack/help Someone Is If I See That Mob Is Running Away Into The Waters And I'm In Front Of It. If A Soul Drops I Let Them Catch Up And Take It. That's Called Helping.

Omfg I Missed You You ****. Where The **** Have You Been!?
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • cagedraged
    edited July 2011
    Yes, you're asking for too much. x)

The only time I attack/help someone is if I see that mob is running away into the waters and I'm in front of it. If a soul drops I let them catch up and take it. That's called helping.

I can see your point but when you have a trap set and attacking it and someone comes and steals the soul if it appears.
  • deathbunny
    edited July 2011
    Hi Firebat. I love you too.

@cagedraged: It's one of those things that... can't be changed. I mean, I agree it's pretty stupid for someone to just stroll up to the soul and take it. Should be like any normal drop. Only the person who attacked it first should get the soul... but if it sits for awhile it can be a free-for-all. Though that wouldn't quite work when it's a special drop like Apophis and the Dragon thingy.

Guess we just have to deal with it.

cz47.gif

• cagedraged
    edited July 2011
    Hi Firebat. I love you too.

@cagedraged: It's one of those things that... can't be changed. I mean, I agree it's pretty stupid for someone to just stroll up to the soul and take it. Should be like any normal drop. Only the person who attacked it first should get the soul... but if it sits for awhile it can be a free-for-all. Though that wouldn't quite work when it's a special drop like Apophis and the Dragon thingy.

Guess we just have to deal with it.

I agree with you 100%.
  • Aesarin - Storm Legion
    Aesarin - Storm Legion Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Totally agree. When I see people toddle up to my kill and "help" I just run up to it (letting them finish it since they want to try and be a ninja ****) and make sure to snag it for myself, since I did most of the work. If they manage to beat me, I check leadership + guild affiliations (don't want to **** off the group leader because they have too much power!) and then, if I'm in the clear, I ask them to stop. If they don't, then...hmmm...

If I'm the only healer in the group, they don't get healed. If they happen to be killing something near me after continued douchebaggery, I "accidently" steal a soul or two from them.

- - -

On the subject of souls, souls from bosses (CV bosses, Apophis, and other such "rarer" souls) should require a roll. I don't know why the devs thought a greedy-fatkid-freeforall approach was an acceptable solution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Is metroid's gun attached to his suit or is it a part of his arm?
    English Talent Calculator: http://www.aesica.net/fw
  • deathbunny
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, I never got that either...

Though while I was doing CV a few minutes ago it made me wonder if nobody wants the boss soul drop cause I was off healing at a distance and walked up to get it... and got it, lol.

cz47.gif

• Aesarin - Storm Legion
    Aesarin - Storm Legion Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, I never got that either...

Though while I was doing CV a few minutes ago it made me wonder if nobody wants the boss soul drop cause I was off healing at a distance and walked up to get it... and got it, lol.

Lucky you. Most of my groups have everyone crowd around the boss right as it's about to die, each one with their trigger fingers hovering above their soul catching keybind. :|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Is metroid's gun attached to his suit or is it a part of his arm?
    English Talent Calculator: http://www.aesica.net/fw