Full Support Priest

Comments

• IElatiel - Nyos
    IElatiel - Nyos Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    roughspot wrote: »
    I'm glad to say that the talent didn't get ruined and still worth the same, even more 0_0.
    I disagree. Now it worth nothing. So huge cd and only increase healing for 10s? I want free talent compass to remove points from this talent and get smth better
    Name: iElatiel
    Class: Elf Priest (full divine)
    Level: 50+
    Guild: _VODKA_
    Server: [Eu] Nyos PvP

I'm from Ukraine, so sorry for my bad english
  • FreakyPriest - Nyos
    FreakyPriest - Nyos Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I disagree. Now it worth nothing. So huge cd and only increase healing for 10s? I want free talent compass to remove points from this talent and get smth better

Actually I don't think it has become useless at all. Lets do some math. My LoS heals for 60% of my max hp, so 60% of 14k = 8,4k now 30% of that with lvl 2 God's Gift makes a bonus heal of 2520hp. Instead of that you get 50% healing increase for 20s (at lvl2). So seeing my LoH averages at something like 6,5k increasing that by 50% makes it heal almost 9,75k. So suddenly there is a 3,25k increase in healing, better than the original. Not to mention that with the original God's Gift most of it was wasted because people didn't get attacked while the buff was on, or just got scratched making the heal go off for nothing. Now whoever you chose to heal receives a nice bonus.

@Rough: I just checked, God's Gift for elves had exactly the same change.
  • IElatiel - Nyos
    IElatiel - Nyos Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'm usually use mass heal only when I'm in stun. In stun no matter that ur heal increased, because U can't use skills
    Name: iElatiel
    Class: Elf Priest (full divine)
    Level: 50+
    Guild: _VODKA_
    Server: [Eu] Nyos PvP

I'm from Ukraine, so sorry for my bad english
  • Areguretto - Lionheart
    Areguretto - Lionheart Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I have tried to post my reply but the 90% of the post was deleted.... Is there any word limit?
  • Areguretto - Lionheart
    Areguretto - Lionheart Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Hi, sorry for the late reply. I'm experiencing difficulties in posting my reply to this forum.

I will try to answer your questions based on what I have gathered from the chinese forums.
    Angel's Song: This is what's potentially might level us to Bard's AoE-Healing capabilities.
    My question is does it require to be channeled during those 10 seconds ? Or you just cast the initial heal which lasts 3 seconds (not an instant AoE-Heal like the Bard's , but the Bard needs to gather notes to perform his AoE , so this is pretty much even) and the 5 ticks of AoE Heal happen automatically ?
    I have tried to find video that show this skill but to no avail.

Based on what I have read from the China’s official site and related forums, it seems that the priest will be able to do anything after the initial 3s cast. Think of it as an AoE version of Light of Healing that heals 2 times follow by the 5 ticks of heal per 2s. I guess this will increase the importance of Tranquillity since there’s a 3s cast time that’s interruptible.
    Blessing of Angels: It makes only one skill stronger (which makes it a big question of whether it's worth leveling it or not, plus alot depends if Angel's Song is a channeled skill or not) and shortens the CD of LOS which is something we can't ignore but I think that the main idea of having LOS on minimum CD is for Arena, but the rounds are so fast that even 3 minutes CD (With level 2 Brilliance for that matter) won't allow you to perform it twice.
    I think to make the mp and the time used in casting this skill worthwhile, points should be invested in this talent. Remember that this skill is a super mp drainer (At level 1, it will cost around 145 X (1+5) MP in total) and the base healing power is not that high (around 734-811HP per tick over a period of 10s). I think you may still run the risk of being wiped out by some powerful AoE. Based on the discussions in those forums, it seems that Angel’s Song is able to heal 2500HP per tick if you upgrade this talent and also use it in conjunction with Sympathy (Lvl65 skill that lowers your atk power to increase healing power) and other added heal effects. In fact, this talent is especially important for elf priest since the CD will be reduced to 9s and this means elf can keep spamming this AoE heal to keep everyone alive (provided you have the mp to keep up to it).

A suggested usage of this skill is not to cast it when everyone’s HP is low but maybe when it’s around 65% and you anticipate that more AoE damage will be coming. I think if you try to keep this AoE buff constantly on everyone, there is no need to spend time and mp healing the other dps but just watch out for the tank’s HP and do some instant healing to him should the need arise. I think you will actually save more MP as compared to casting heal one by one as 145MP X (1+5) is definitely cheaper than casting heal or LoH on six members. In fact, you may not be able to save everyone if you try casting individual heal.

I think the primary reason to invest in Blessings of Angels is for the increased healing effect and reduction of CD (elf) of Angel’s Song. Just take the reduction of CD for LoS as an added bonus. :)
    My question is why in the Elf's tree he gets an extra bonus of reduction in Angel's Song CD and Human doesn't ? As far as I've seen in the game , each race has his own card in differences between the races.
    So if the Elf Gains a reduction in Angel's Song CD , so why the Human doesn't get anything?
    Hmm seriously I don’t know why human doesn’t get anything. Maybe PWE wants to differentiate human and elf priest in the sense that human priest is good for burst and insane amount of healing whereas elf priest is good for healing over time. Since Angel’s song is the AoE version of Light of Healing, it seems “normal” for them to get the reduction in CD. There will be 2 more new skills (a lvl 75 buff and lvl 80 attack) coming up for the China server and maybe human priest will get something different then?
    Cleansing Light: Do I really have to say something ? MUST HAVE THIS !
    Hmm, there are actually some disadvantages of this skill. Firstly, you cannot cast it under controlled effect. This means that you will not be able to remove the bad status on yourself if you were hit by a controlled bad status. Secondly, it is a single target spell and it can only remove the last bad status inflicted. Thirdly, the CD is 8s. I wonder how effective it will be to clear all the bad status inflicted on everyone while trying to maintain your healing.
    Generally, In order to get these talents/skills, I'll have to reduce Brilliance to level 1 and delete Enlightenment from my plan, but it's no biggy, they weren't so useful anyway (Maybe even remove some points from Vigorous Blessing).
    At level 80, if you sacrifice Cleansing Light and Enlightenment, you will still be able to maintain Brilliance at level 3 and Vigorous blessings at max. I think it’s a matter of give and take and see which skill matter more to you.

Below is the link for the skill simulator from their official site. Even though it’s in Chinese, I think it should be useful for you to simulate your build.
    http://shenmo.wanmei.com/info/tianfu.shtml

I hope that the information is useful to you and looking forward to your updated guide. Cheers. ;)
  • roughspot
    roughspot Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'm usually use mass heal only when I'm in stun. In stun no matter that ur heal increased, because U can't use skills

I agree with Freaky's calculations, +50% heal effect for 20 seconds is practically a hack in game.

And for your argument that using LoS is needed only when you're in stun, I must strongly disagree, I've encountered many situations in the arena when the party was on the virtue of death and I had to use LoS even though I wasn't in stun.

And as I understand, you're saying that the effect isn't gonna bring any use because you're using it in stun. Ok, let's go with your scenario.
    I personally haven't met a stun lock that lasted 20 seconds, if you had, let me know lol.
    And if you're gonna suggest that it's possible with an endless stun lock, I would say that it has 0.000000001% of success, plus as a human I have my racial buff + badges from the arena NPC. So the 20 seconds are VERY VERY useful aid in battle, especially when those battles actually last for like half a minute or even less. Plus other healing chars can enjoy this buff as well.

I know that you're an Elf, so the stun matter bites you in the behinds more than it bites me.

P.S. Thanks Freaky for updating me about the Elf change .
    We are who we choose to be
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • roughspot
    edited June 2011
    Areguretto you've brought some kick **** news :D

Angel's Song gonna help us a lot and I'm glad it ain't a channeling skill. This is a must have skill.

I still have doubts though of whether to have Blessing of Angel's or not because we have +6% (Fortunes Wheel) +Sympathy (+10% to Sympathy's heal effect from talents) +15% (Gift of the Goddess) +10% (Vigorous Blessing) = 41% more heal effect and on top of that all, gear at such high levels will provide 100+ heal effect per piece, so I think Blessing of Angel's isn't the golden card that makes Angel's Song tick 2.5k per heal. It does add a nice bonus, but still it ain't the make-over tool.

Although I must add that this is considering Human ONLY, Elves must have Blessing of Angel's at max because they get a reduction in Angel's Song CD.

As for the arguments against Cleansing Light, when you get in battle, I doubt that stun isn't going to be the first controlling on your behinds. So no matter how you see it, the opposite side can't put positive effects on you, so Cleansing Light have a very big potential to save one of your party members from death by canceling that control effect on him.

I doubt that a party would waste on one person 2 or 3 controlling effect , maybe if you're the priest, but that's our job to take care of.

So for now:
    Angel's Song : Must Have
    Blessing of Angel's : Elves Only
    Cleansing Light : Must Have
    God's Blessing : Must Have
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • roughspot
    edited June 2011
    Hi guys , I've updated the guide according to the recent info that I've been exposed to.

Check it out , feel free to leave some comments and stuff , I gotta go level now , half way to 60 now xD

Best of luck to you all, RemoteControl =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • roughspot
    edited June 2011
    BumP :eek::D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • roughspot
    edited July 2011
    Areguretto, my friends is asking if you could translate Vampire's Inferno tree new talents !

Would be really thankful if you do this favor for me !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FreakyPriest - Nyos
    edited July 2011
    Since nothing seems to be available about Sympathy yet, I thought I might as well post it here.

Sympathy reduces your Attack by 30% and increases the amount of health restored by your heals by 23% of your attack. It's a permanent state, so click to activate/deactivate. Cooldown on it is 10 secs and it costs nearly no mana so the Glacial talent for it is almost completely useless :p

About the use of the skill itself for a Divine priest, I think it's not a very good skill and there's no need to get it until you're capped. Usually as a divine your attack won't be very high, thus making the healing gained rather low. Also you already get so many buffs to your healing, especially with gift of the goddess, that another one is quite overkill. If you/ally dies because your healing couldn't keep up, this small increase wouldn't help either and if they died due to you being CCed this skill has no use either.

This skill seems to be more for Glacial/Rebel with high attack to quickly burst heal and then deactivate it again.
  • Rockbridge - Storm Legion
    Rockbridge - Storm Legion Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Mod or GM, plz for the love of god sticky this.
    <Honey Badger>
    Cause I don't care.
  • Alyssian - Illyfue
    Alyssian - Illyfue Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hang on a minute there, the MP skill is sort of good...well, in instances anyway.

Due to the nature of instances and their bosses, there's always time for a mana break, so if you have more MP, you just need 2 foods and some few second to increase mana to max. Now, you might not consider there to be any benefits, but...

4% of mana, although not much, means that you have...(let's use your 40K mp) 1600 mp more.

Due to healing skills, which is around 300 mp, you can fit 5 heals in there, before you need to pot up again. 5 heals + 160 added bonus, 800 more health ^_^. Which isn't much, but added with other buffs, like elven racial+art of magic (mage buff) it can add up considerably.

though 4 points isn't worth it, but i might re spec soon.

As well as that, priests only have 20K MP near 60, lvl 70 priests don't know, but not much higher above 30K.

ALSO- has no one noticed that divine light (the divine only spell) takes effect IMMEDIATELY? although it's 4 sec cast time, what are you going to do in 4 secs in an instance? (I'm PvE, this might not apply to PvP)

1000hp at the beginning CAN be a life saver, especially if a mage gets critted from an aggroed boss.

as well as that, you can easily go (elf) Loh, heal, Divine, if a prot is dying (because you neglected him) and heal him up to max hp+2000HP buff, which is dayum fast.

^though above point is negated by the fact my LoH cd is 1 sec...shorter than my main heal coldown but...eh.

It's also 4K HP in total, which is the largest amount healed before level 50. After that...ehhhhhh
  • FreakyPriest - Nyos
    edited July 2011
    Hang on a minute there, the MP skill is sort of good...well, in instances anyway.

Due to the nature of instances and their bosses, there's always time for a mana break, so if you have more MP, you just need 2 foods and some few second to increase mana to max. Now, you might not consider there to be any benefits, but...

4% of mana, although not much, means that you have...(let's use your 40K mp) 1600 mp more.

Due to healing skills, which is around 300 mp, you can fit 5 heals in there, before you need to pot up again. 5 heals + 160 added bonus, 800 more health ^_^. Which isn't much, but added with other buffs, like elven racial+art of magic (mage buff) it can add up considerably.

though 4 points isn't worth it, but i might re spec soon.

1,6k mana more, 30% mana regained from elven racial, around 500 mp, comes down to a single heal more. Not really anything great in my eyes. Also I don't see the use in having to wait slightly longer before having to pop a pot. One pot less a boss really isn't anything mindblowing.
    As well as that, priests only have 20K MP near 60, lvl 70 priests don't know, but not much higher above 30K.
    12,7k mana at 70. Where the hell do your numbers come from?
    ALSO- has no one noticed that divine light (the divine only spell) takes effect IMMEDIATELY? although it's 4 sec cast time, what are you going to do in 4 secs in an instance? (I'm PvE, this might not apply to PvP)

1000hp at the beginning CAN be a life saver, especially if a mage gets critted from an aggroed boss.

as well as that, you can easily go (elf) Loh, heal, Divine, if a prot is dying (because you neglected him) and heal him up to max hp+2000HP buff, which is dayum fast.

^though above point is negated by the fact my LoH cd is 1 sec...shorter than my main heal coldown but...eh.

It's also 4K HP in total, which is the largest amount healed before level 50. After that...ehhhhhh

Why would you need extra healing in PvE? PvE at higher levels is a piece of cake and any proper squishy can tank some addons and even bosses easily. If it really goes bad you just pop your bubble and the problem is solved.
  • Josei - Storm Legion
    Josei - Storm Legion Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Also, note that the HP buff from Divine light apply almost immediately (after the first healing tick). So for those who're worrying about the cast time, you can always cast Divine light, interupt it manually then cast Divine shield (with the HP buff) striaght away. :D
  • roughspot
    edited July 2011
    Updated to our lvl 70 cap and added some stuff, check them out =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Spellweaver - Eyrda
    Spellweaver - Eyrda Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    not stickied yet eh , has any1 sent crabclaw a pm or something for sticky request O_o
  • FreakyPriest - Nyos
    edited July 2011
    Bump and sticky please!
    edited July 2011
    Bump for stickie
    <Honey Badger>
    Cause I don't care.
  • Ylphio - Eyrda
    Ylphio - Eyrda Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    And another bump for sticky!
    edited July 2011
    Bump for stickie.

Time to replace Shuckle's outdated stuff.
    <Honey Badger>
    Cause I don't care.
  • DeltaTroop - Storm Legion
    DeltaTroop - Storm Legion Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Bump for stickie.

Time to replace Shuckle's outdated stuff.

What he said ↑

good guide, just read through it for the 1st time. Some very good points even if I'm not gonna follow his plan exactly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyssian - Illyfue
    Alyssian - Illyfue Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    1,6k mana more, 30% mana regained from elven racial, around 500 mp, comes down to a single heal more. Not really anything great in my eyes. Also I don't see the use in having to wait slightly longer before having to pop a pot. One pot less a boss really isn't anything mindblowing.

12,7k mana at 70. Where the hell do your numbers come from?

My friend...who i now know has cash shopped all her life (she's rich, she has a god job T_T)

Why would you need extra healing in PvE? PvE at higher levels is a piece of cake and any proper squishy can tank some addons and even bosses easily. If it really goes bad you just pop your bubble and the problem is solved.

Not all parties are perfect. Diamond prot, wind bard, sleath assasin, great for PvP, not fackin welkin. Especially after the bard leaves.
    Comments in blue. Though the healing from divine light DOES START IMMEDIATELY.
  • ftpss3e1
    ftpss3e1 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    First of all, nice guide:D:)
    However, I did not put any point for LoS, because its CD is too long:( Instead of LoS, i max calmness(hope my spelling is correct:p), i found it's quite useful for pvp.
  • itsphii
    itsphii Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You left out some areas where you would suggest "maxing" or not getting any points into

some skills, such as Divine light etc.

Also, should a ELF priest still max out blessed recovery? Even though LOH is the main healing skill
  • FreakyPriest - Nyos
    edited July 2011
    itsphii wrote: »
    You left out some areas where you would suggest "maxing" or not getting any points into

some skills, such as Divine light etc.

Also, should a ELF priest still max out blessed recovery? Even though LOH is the main healing skill

Heal is still a heal so you should still max. Also while LoH is our mainskill, Heal is our instant heal so it's important to max it.

About Divine Light, well 4k buff + Divine Shield can be nice, but the moment people wait for your shield to disappear to spike you, leave you behind dark bonded(against you can't use badges :mad:), or you get slept more than once this skill gets rather useless. In cases where people just jumped me with my shield up though I usually survive, so the extra buff wouldn't be that needed, unless they are high wrath already, in which case you're into the fight for a while and then you most likely have better stuff to do than casting Divine Light and cancelling it before popping Divine Shield.

So yeah it can have its uses, whether you find them worth the talent points is up to you in the end.
  • roughspot
    edited July 2011
    Maxing the LoS talents is important not only because of the CD reduction, but also for the amount of heal increased itself.

At the moment I heal 15k hp with my LoS and haven't even learned the two additional sealed scrolls.

Plus later on, these 60 seconds CD reduction will add up to another 60 seconds reduction that will come from the 80 talents.

Which means you will have LoS on 3 minutes CD, which will allow you to use it more than once in the arena.

Regarding the usage of DL ,I dont like narrowing the options.

Why only think of it as a DS booster ? I used to put DL on myself , but that was a mistake, I put DL at the start of the round on my team DPS and put LoH on him to recover the hp that the buff added.

Also I use DL in mid battle when I see that my DPS is running and could use the buff HP , I mean 4k HP is another blow that your DPS can survive.

Of course needs a lot of practice not to **** up with the casting interruption, but I'm working on that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RemoteCont - Nyos
    RemoteCont - Nyos Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    And by the way , I'm 70 :D
  • cptblakhelm
    cptblakhelm Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I won't be playing my priest much after level 30, but I did want to thank you for this excellent guide, along with thanks for all the other guide posters. :)
  • itsphii
    itsphii Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Since LOH has a like 1 sec cd, with talents..

Do you guys constantly cast it on the same person? Even though it doesn't stack? Or do you use heal, loh, heal , loh.. etc..

(I'm talking about if you're healing ONE person)