SOTW Information

Doughbe - Eyrda
Doughbe - Eyrda Posts: 101 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Community Tavern
This is about Signature of the Week competitions also known as SOTW.

(First off, if this is too soon for a Mod or GM to allow for me to do this then delete this thread, if not then continue to read below, everyone :D )

Now, starting July 25th and Ending July 29th, will be the first week of it being held. I will have a poll up during Saturday the 30th of July and Sunday the 31rst of July and post the results on Monday, August 1rst.

I will have the rules set on Monday morning, July 25th. This will give you a render to use or you can choose. If it's themed related that is. You may have a size limit on the signature size.
Individuals that participate will pm the entries. If you do participate you will also have to vote along with the rest of the community.

We'll start off with only voting once, as it will be new (again) and when it gets popularity, then you will have to vote for your top three favorite out of the entries listed.

The individual with the highest votes will have their signature displayed in a different thread for all to see and this is after all for fun only. No prizes for in game gold or anything else regarding the game itself will be a reward for doing this. This is also for learning purposes as well.

I hope you all will participate. :D

(NOW SPREAD THE WORD!!)
Post edited by Doughbe - Eyrda on

Comments

• Ashaw - Eyrda
    Ashaw - Eyrda Posts: 1,127 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    umm i only understood the like last 2 or 3 paragraphs...

but ill enter... whats the criteria
    Class Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188881

Race Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=193701

They know I'm right -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3587381&postcount=43

[SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
    I dont play Ashaw anymore -_- its a boring class
  • Uixamiphac - Storm Legion
    Uixamiphac - Storm Legion Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Now a round of applause for those who made this possible! :)

I have a question, how will you prevent cheating? I've seen this happen before, people making multiple accounts to get in votes for themselves. I'm not saying that our community is like this but, just a what if situation.

Again, looking forward to Monday! Please give us a fun theme to work with! :)
  • Doughbe - Eyrda
    edited July 2011
    I'm aware of the "cheating" aspect, and I hope people are adult enough to be fair in something like this. I will also say now, which I was going to post on Monday.., if you "win" twice you will not be able to participate for the next one. But after that one you can't participate again. This is will bring some fairness to the competition, so others can win.

I will try to make it a fun theme, but that's if i'm decide to make it a themed sotw.

I'll post about it all on monday look:D!
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Now a round of applause for those who made this possible! :)

I have a question, how will you prevent cheating? I've seen this happen before, people making multiple accounts to get in votes for themselves. I'm not saying that our community is like this but, just a what if situation.

Again, looking forward to Monday! Please give us a fun theme to work with! :)

if needs be I can check to see that there is no multi submissions from alt accounts
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • Ashaw - Eyrda
    Ashaw - Eyrda Posts: 1,127 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    if needs be I can check to see that there is no multi submissions from alt accounts

or a rule were every person has to have a character atleast level 20. 20 is easy to get to but it takes time so someone would have to REALLY want to win to cheat
    Class Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188881

Race Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=193701

They know I'm right -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3587381&postcount=43

[SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
    I dont play Ashaw anymore -_- its a boring class
  • Uixamiphac - Storm Legion
    Uixamiphac - Storm Legion Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It's Monday :cool:

Good suggestions, if the votes seem too exaggerated I hope Nyxa could check for us! The level 20+ is a good idea but what if we cannot see the avatar? (Mines broken...)
  • Doughbe - Eyrda
    edited July 2011
    Okay I got some entries and we have more then 24 hours till deadline. Smaller the signature doesn't always mean it's harder. So give it a go and see what you can come up with. Next week's will be a bigger size for sure. Some individuals will also have a issue with the bigger size, but again just give it a try.

Lets go go go !!! Need a couple more entries to make it a really exciting first SOTW that has happened in awhile!!! :D

I'll post the voting thread Sunday and it will be up till Tuesday, since I was a day late, but this week only. Monday I will also post the new SOTW, so look for details!! :D