Dungeon Guide - Lost Lighthouse

BegForIt - Eyrda
BegForIt - Eyrda Posts: 541 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
Hello everyone. I saw the "Dungeon Guides" under the Game Info tab and couldn't stop laughing at how crappy they were. Then I thought, we should really make some guides to help the new players and noob players that don't know how to listen so that perhaps queue parties won't suck as much anymore. With that said, I'll kick things off with the Lighthouse instance.

[Party Suggestions]

I have two party suggestions based on the lvl of the Priest which I will explain in a moment.

Lvl 30-34 Priest:

2 Tanks - 2 Prots, 1 Prot / 1 War, 2 Wars
2 Healers - 2 Priests - Lvl 30-34, 1 Priest / 1 Off-Heal (aka blood vamp, bard)
2 Damage Dealers - Honestly doesn't matter what class but I would suggest single target dps

Lvl 35+ Priest:
2 Tanks - Look above
1 Healer - 1 Priest lvl 35+
3 Damage Dealers - You can mix this up really. Have a bard for buffs and 2 DD or a vamp off heal and 2 DD. I say 3 DD to make killing bosses go quicker but it really doesn't matter what you choose.

Let me explain the priest differences. At lvl 35, Priests get a skill called Light of Healing which is a Heal over Time which GREATLY improves their party healing capability. Until that point, its very difficult to heal a whole party at one point in the instance and I recommend using two healers for priests below lvl 35. Not to say its impossible, but easier.

[Start]

Lost Lighthouse can be confusing if it is your first time but you will quickly learn it is one of the easiest dungeons available in FW. At the beginning, there is a guard near the gate with a quest if you so wish to do them.

When your party members have arrive and you are ready to roll, you'll notice your soldiers starting to get attacked. At this point you have 2 options.

Option 1 - Kill everything that walks like a fool path:

Yes you can opt to kill all the mobs but these dungeons have a LOT of mobs that you can smartly avoid to save on pots and drinks.

Option 2 - Stealth Mode FTW:

My favored path. Simply run through the mobs after your soldiers take the aggro because if you let them live, they will pull unnecessary mobs later on as well. Go to hell I say.

[Path to Farm]

As you run out the gates, you want to make your way to the right hand side. Try to weave in between the mobs to avoid pulling their aggro. Let the tank or high lvl experienced players lead the way.

Also, in my honest opinion, pets should be put away until you need their buffs. They have a strange path they follow to keep up with you and pull aggro from mobs. Pets will end up dying at the bosses most of the time as well and it really annoys the priests if you keep badgering to heal the pets.

On that note, mages and burst MM, please keep your AOEs in check to avoid unnecessary mobs as well. The less mobs you have the fight, the quicker the instance.

When you get to the farm, you'll see some soldiers fighting some npcs again. Let them fight it out. Here you can get some more quests. Also, there is a random quest here that may or may not be there. The npc name is Azur and he randomly appears. He will be located to the right of the farm. After reaching the farm, go left up a hill to a clearing filled with mobs.

[**** Shark Boss]

I would suggest you pull a few mobs that are in the middle of the clearing or like to wander off to the side and finish them off before the boss arrives. This way there is less to worry about during the boss fight.

Ok, time to make some shark fin soup. The boss is quite simple and straightforward. He has only one attack to watch for and that is his AOE attack. You'll notice it because it is kind of flashy. He shoots out several silvery orbs in front of him. The annoying part is that the AOE stuns for about 2-3 seconds and he uses it about every 10 seconds.

Strategy:

If you have a tank(s) will get the aggro right away and turn the boss around so his back faces the rest of the parties (or the rest of the parties can simply move around to this back). This is to avoid his AOE which only hits people in front of him. The rest of the party simply has to hack and slash (healer will heal) until the boss is dead. Simple, no?

[To the Rocks!]

For this next part, it is a little difficult to describe in words. Again there are two options. Only do the second option if there is a veteran who knows the path.

Option 1 - Kill, kill, kill some more:

Just follow the path and go over the bridge killing anything that moves. It is time consuming and pot consuming but this way you wont get swarmed and wipe out.

Option 2 - Can't Touch This:

The quicker, clever solution is as follows. PUT THE PETS AWAY. I cant stress this enough. Have all your pets stowed so they do not hold aggro on the mobs. The purpose of this part is to run through a bunch of mobs to a specific point where the mobs will lose their aggro due to some logic in the code of the game. If your pet is out, they will hold the mobs and the point will be defeated as you will have 5-6 mobs attacking all at once.

Next, let the person who knows the way (preferably the tank) lead the way. You will cross the bridge like area where you killed the first boss and see some stairs going up. Follow the spiral staircase up to a platform. Jump off towards the right. Run over the hill and keep right up some more hilly area until you get to a big rock. Get onto the rock but be careful not to fall over the edge. Try to stay at the tip of the rock so the mobs will lose their aggro.

If you fall over the edge, you will have to either re-log, or town portal. After that, go to the NPC Biss who is next to Matthew the Teleporter at Freedom Harbor Dock to manually re-enter and catch up to the party. Do not attack any mobs on the way or when you are on the rock. They WILL leave if you are positioned correctly on the rock and do not attack them.

Once the mobs have left, you can get off the rock and heal/buff w.e.

[Through the Cave]

Now you can go down the hill and to the right. Make sure you pass to the right over the big wooden log below you before you go all the way to the ground. When you get to the ground there are two things you can do.

1) Carol Quest - If you have gotten all the quests from the beginning, there should be one called Rescue Carol. Go left and down the path in the right hand corner she will be by a cage.

2) Continue On - Go through the cave slaughtering any in your way.

[The Beach]

When you get out of the cave, kill the pirates that are in your way. Then you can either go save the group of NPCs ahead of you to get some quests or you can continue to the right towards the next boss.

Try to navigate in a way where you can avoid the mobs. Not always possible but you can avoid the majority of them.

In this area, there is a mob type called Cratebearer Crab that lurks in the waters. DO NOT aggro them if possible. They hit hard and have a lot of HP and don't drop anything. Make your way to the little island on the left side of the beach. There should be a boat docked there with the next **** boss.

[**** Boss 2]

This boss has two abilities to watch out for.

1) His 180 Degree frontal AOE. He will slash the air in front of him and hit anybody in front of him. To avoid this simply stay behind him. Not a significant amount of damage but hitting multiple ppl will strain the healer.

2) He has a damage reflection skill that will reflect all the attackers damage back to them. This more you damage him, the more you damage yourself. You'll know he has this on when he yells "Blade Rebound" and you see him absorb some silvery orb looking things. The reflection lasts about 8 seconds and you can see the buff under his health bar. To bypass this I suggest no one attack him for 8 seconds to avoid the reflected damage and not strain the healer. You can run around the island if you wish cuz he is slow but he doesn't hurt that much to begin with otherwise.

Strategy:

Tank will lure him down from the ramp onto the island. Ranged fighters (priests, mages, MM, vamps) will stay on the ramp while tank turns the boss around so his back faces the rest of the party. Simply pound away watching out for his reflection skill. Other than that, its cake.

[Optional Boss]

This section is for the optional boss in Lost Lighthouse. If you want to skip him, scroll down.

Head back to the beach and continue left down the shore. Kill some of the cannon's along the way. When you get to the end of the beach, shift right towards a valley looking area. Go through killing mobs along the way until you get to a spiral ramp leading up. Head up the ramp to the optional boss.

Strategy:

It's very simple: kill him.

Ok so when you start to fight him, some colorful circles will pop up on the ground. To this day I still don't know what they do. All I know is that in FW, colorful circles on ground = bad (Gods Trial anyone?). My general strategy is to keep him off the circle and keep yourself off the circle. I think he has a radial AOE as well so it does not matter who stands where.

[To the Lighthouse!]

Yes, we have not even reached the lighthouse yet. Anyways, follow the path to the optional boss as listed above but instead of going right, we will swim left across the water straight into the lighthouse. Run through the mobs, don't attack them. Run into a caged door looking thing that is actually an elevator that will take you up top and lose the aggro of the mobs on the bottom.

When you get up top, run up some more stairs killing nything along the way until you get to an opening that looks like a castle rampart and a bridge. Kill the mobs on the bridge and prepare for the toughest part of the dungeon.

[It's Captain Jack Sparrow]

Alright so the next part is having to fight 2 bosses at once. Marina and Sebastian.

They are located inside the room with 3 additional mobs. You can do one of two things. Have a ranged class lure the mobs out 1 by 1 or have them lure out Marina. Note that if you lure out one of the bosses, the other will follow 99% of the time. I have heard someone pull only one before but I would not bank on it.

When you lure out the bosses, make sure to bring them back to the bridge where the rest of the party should be waiting.

Strategy: Both bosses have AOEs but Marina uses hers more often. Have the two tanks take on one of the bosses each, preferably the one that does less damage take Sebastian. The rest of the party should destroy Marina first and then move onto Sebastian.

This is where the difference between lvl 30-34 and lvl 35+ priests really shines. The Heal over Time skill Light of Healing allows a lvl 35+ priest to keep the entire party healed much easier than a lvl 30-34 priest which allows the option for another Damage Dealer rather than an off heal to kill bosses quicker.

[Davy Jones Awaits!]

Finally we are almost finished. Go into the room and run up the spiral path and up the stairs. Run through all the mobs. You will reach a point where you see another set of stairs going up to the right of you. Ignore those and continue running straight. You will see another elevator/portal thing that you should run into.

This will bring you to the final boss, Mortular the Drake or something like that. Stay close to the edge to avoid aggro until party is ready.

Abilities: Large radial range AOE that ensnares. Single target machine gun type dps. Regular attack. Summon two mobs.

Strategy: Healers and range fighters stay back as far as possible and pound on him. Melee get up in his face. Since his AOE is radial, standing behind him does nothing. Only interesting thing to watch out for are the mobs he summons. Pets are useful to hold their aggro. You can designate one member to kill them but it is not necessary. He can only have 2 mobs out at one time so when he tries to summon a third, he will kill one of the current two. What I suggest is completely ignore them unless they go after the healer. The healer should have his pet out on defend and simply make his pet hold aggro of the mobs and heal his own pet to keep it alive.

When all is said and done, go up the stairs. The second set of mirror looking things on the wall should have a small gear like object in between them and slightly below them. Destroy that to finish the last quest for Lighthouse that you receive from General Sutherfield I believe.

General Tips:

Avoid mobs when you can.
Limit AOEs and pet usage.
Focus on same target to make killing quicker and easier.
Do not take on more than 2 mobs at one given time if possible.
COMMUNICATE - so important yet no one does it.

Please comment on this and give me suggestions for edits. I definitely left things out and don't remember the names of the bosses. This is my first guide and if people like it, I'll make one for Fort Rotulor, Emperor's Canyon, Fort Khoaway. I believe there is already one for Glistening Lowland and Arena of Souls and I'm no expert in Welkins Castle yet.

Good luck!

(P.S. You can find me in Eyrda on BegForIt or WhereYouLookin)
Post edited by BegForIt - Eyrda on

Comments

• Yue - Eyrda
    Yue - Eyrda Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i stopped reading when i saw -2 healers-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xsasukex - Storm Legion
    Xsasukex - Storm Legion Posts: 1,568 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This is a nice guide for the new ones :) gj
    [SIGPIC]http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7664/xsasukex.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    xSasukex | 75 | Elemental | Warrior (retired)
    CuteNDeadly | 66 | Venom | Assassin <Naholdir's Princess>
  • IMBALANZE - Lionheart
    IMBALANZE - Lionheart Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I can't find a level 50 being mentioned ANYWHERE! :(

/sadden...

anyway the circles on the floor gives you buff...apparently the last one (red I think) has fire resist buff
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Luciferia
    I read CN
    drama aren't far from this siggy
  • Raxor - Storm Legion
    Raxor - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Nice job here, hopefully people will read this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "The Demon of Bushido" If you're bored there are other games. And in case you are wondering I'm a male playing as a female character.
  • Yue - Eyrda
    Yue - Eyrda Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This is a nice guide for the new ones :) gj

There's is a flaw on your theory sasuke.

newbie hardly ever come to the forums, that's why they're newbies '-'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Battista - Illyfue
    Battista - Illyfue Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    awesome, thx alot! did it few times now, however, I am looking for these guides because I usually try to be prepared for everything.
  • Kimyswirls - Eyrda
    Kimyswirls - Eyrda Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I entered the Lost Lighthouse for the first time today, I got killed twice after the first boss, then got killed by the crab boss thing since I was trying to avoid the pirate monsters. Yeah, it's really nice to have another healer on board when you have low leveled priests. I wish I read this post before entering that lighthouse. :)
  • Xsasukex - Storm Legion
    Xsasukex - Storm Legion Posts: 1,568 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    There's is a flaw on your theory sasuke.

newbie hardly ever come to the forums, that's why they're newbies '-'

true -.- like 2-3% if not less of all ppl playing FW visits the forum.

Thats why you see threads from newbs every single tuesday asking ''omg wtf why is the server down???! :O'' or randomly asking ''omg why did i get free food in my mailbox???''
    [SIGPIC]http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7664/xsasukex.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    xSasukex | 75 | Elemental | Warrior (retired)
    CuteNDeadly | 66 | Venom | Assassin <Naholdir's Princess>
  • Yuna_Sama - Illyfue
    Yuna_Sama - Illyfue Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Best expirience I had was with 1 prot, 3 DD's and my Bard and a Priest healing... Priest can focus on the tank and bard can spam aoe heals to keep everyone else alive while casting buffs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alyssian - Illyfue
    Alyssian - Illyfue Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Fastest complete run (kill all bosses) was when we had a level 53 priest (me) and a level 55 bard light.

We didn't actually care about the tanks and the DD's, I believe i tanked the second last boss.

Finished in around 15 minutes. Best run ever.
  • BegForIt - Eyrda
    edited July 2011
    Yea, doing this with lvl 50+ basically means you can compose your party with whatever floats ur boats as long as u have a method of healing :P

Also, can anyone confirm that the circles for the optional boss buffs you and what buffs do they give (in addition to the red = fire res)?

Because I've heard that the circle debuff you/buff boss so I'm not sure and I rarely fought him so I haven't experimented it.
  • Baby - Storm Legion
    Baby - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Pretty sure each one gives one element buff and one debuff. Like it may raise fire and lower water (just an example). It's been a while since I've checked but that's what I remember.

Edit: Double checked because I hate not being sure about things! Click the image to open the bigger version. You can see the descriptions top right.

Pink:
    Wind Resistance Increased
    Fire Resistance Reduced
    8j1vzl.jpg

Blue:
    Water Resistance Increased
    Wind Resistance Reduced
    bMkH0l.jpg

Red:
    Fire Resistance Increased
    Water Resistance Reduced
    M7dp9l.jpg

Hooray knowledge!
    Baby
    Soul Marksman
    Storm Server
    Leader of Legit

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BegForIt - Eyrda
    edited July 2011
    Ahhh, so that's what they do.

Thanks a lot Baby! Appreciate your effort :)
  • Baby - Storm Legion
    Baby - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yep, no problem. ^_^
    Baby
    Soul Marksman
    Storm Server
    Leader of Legit

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]