Bard VS Priest (Arena)

itsphii
itsphii Posts: 494 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Class Discussion
Which do you guys struggle most with( fighting against) , or find most useful to have in a party?

(This is arena speaking, not random pk)
Post edited by itsphii on

Comments

• syniyn
    syniyn Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    itsphii wrote: »
    Which do you guys struggle most with( fighting against) , or find most useful to have in a party?

(This is arena speaking, not random pk)

As a protector, Water Bards are impossible for us to beat. If anyone has a strategy of taking down one as a protector, I'd like to hear you. Because unless the protector can somehow get the first shot off before their stun resistant shield is up, it's game over for protector. After that it's just a matter of time before our mana is gone and we're pretty much helpless.
  • Ashaw - Eyrda
    Ashaw - Eyrda Posts: 1,127 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Honestly its mainly about how good you are

Now every class/tree has a weekness.
    Class Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188881

Race Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=193701

They know I'm right -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3587381&postcount=43

[SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
    I dont play Ashaw anymore -_- its a boring class
  • itsphii
    itsphii Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Honestly its mainly about how good you are

Now every class/tree has a weekness.

I agree, but i'm still wondering what most people struggle with.

Side Note: The only thing I see that bards have an advantadge in is sleep, and their water shield imo.
  • StonedAppl - Storm Legion
    StonedAppl - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    syniyn wrote: »
    As a protector, Water Bards are impossible for us to beat. If anyone has a strategy of taking down one as a protector, I'd like to hear you. Because unless the protector can somehow get the first shot off before their stun resistant shield is up, it's game over for protector. After that it's just a matter of time before our mana is gone and we're pretty much helpless.

If your marble its harder to kill a bard as they don't have much stun lock, Diamond Protectors on the other hand have that advantage.
  • Spellweaver - Eyrda
    Spellweaver - Eyrda Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    in my opinion .... human divine priest with divine shield , sharded and geared for full hp >than water bards at surviving and healing . with healers in a 6v6 its mostly about which sides healer dies 1st , water bards once ganked will go down super fast since the shield can take limited hits though ive yet to see a good one in arena , the usual tactics are to kill priest/bards together than focus on any vamps present

and stunning water bards ?? really , unless the bard is stupid enough to see a 50 ton stone block hurling towards him and still doesnt pop his shield , you cant stun them .. the water bard shield provides immunity from stuns /silences but i believe it lasts for 15 ish secs and takes around 6 hits before it goes poof

if you compare a water bard with divine priest you find , water is like a bait/dps any 1 target and pop a sleep in 1st and 3rd round , priest is healer /bait .. the better bait is the one who survives longer given ther both going to get ganked anyways
  • iamfaceroll
    iamfaceroll Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    shouldn't compare water bards with priest. water bards are considered a dps class by itself in pvp and if compared with, it should be against glacial priests. It should be more of light bards vs priest, of which a divine priest is probably a better healer.
  • Alyssian - Illyfue
    Alyssian - Illyfue Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Priests just die at the beginning. I'm sorry, but our shields are SO NOT ENOUGH for surviving multiple stun lock and silences.
  • Spellweaver - Eyrda
    Spellweaver - Eyrda Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    elfs cant take stunlocks , its why i said human divine ... and i compared human divine with water bard because their primary role is NOT healing... its surviving the ganks and being a bait , they survive till the opponents healer goes down than its almost a certain win

and water bards have best survival out of all bards and same goes for divine priests so thats why i compared the two , they are both not going to be able to heal anyways due to being ganked/stuned/silenced unless ofc a team is stupid enough to ignore the big light radiating from behind a pillar ...
  • IElatiel - Nyos
    IElatiel - Nyos Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Bard == dps or buffs. Divine priest == healer. Glacial priest == water mage xD. Some ppl prefers to go in 3v3 with healer and some ppl prefers buffs/dps.
    Name: iElatiel
    Class: Elf Priest (full divine)
    Level: 50+
    Guild: _VODKA_
    Server: [Eu] Nyos PvP

I'm from Ukraine, so sorry for my bad english