F2P-o-phobic.. where are the well spoken forums-goers at in-game?

yukadan
yukadan Posts: 2 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
Hey all,

This is my first "F2P" game. I have been enjoying MMOs since velious EQ1 and after a 8 month break decided I'd try a F2P game despite what I heard about the community. Sure I'm in my mid-30s and 1337 speak makes my eyes just that much worse at this age, but I decided to bite the bullet...

After a few days of snooping the forums of various games the FW forums and then a few more trying out gameplay mechanics I decided this lil game looks fun. However when I do get in game the world channel (not too surprising) and most folks I run into in major cities are flat out rude or can barely string 2 full words together. Obviously the forums population is not a generalizable sample of the in-game population. But I like FQW so far and would prefer to stay. And while I don't expect conversation approaching a doctoral dissertation defense (in itself rather boring), it'd be nice to meet a few other grown ups or other communication enthusiasts. And blech, this is coming off all high and snooty, which it aint meant to be><

So where y'all hiding? What servers? What channels? Any room in your guilds? Any space on your friend lists? I got the F2P heebee geebees and love the game but am afraid my socializing skills just 'MMORPG 2.0' yet :D

~Cheers

EDIT: Oh bugger... always forget to spell check my post titles ><
Post edited by yukadan on

Comments

• Aesarin - Storm Legion
    Aesarin - Storm Legion Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    wat u sayin bout f2p pplz??? most ppl hear no how 2 talk good grammers n r polight n halp full wan u aks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Is metroid's gun attached to his suit or is it a part of his arm?
    English Talent Calculator: http://www.aesica.net/fw
  • Frost_Fang - Nyos
    Frost_Fang - Nyos Posts: 837 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The people you see most in the forums are there cause they're not being bothered by the endless Quests of this game... read: they dont play the game...

So don't expect to bump into alot. You could say "oh, but u're here now ?"...no, I didn't check forum for like a month and dont plan to come back so soon again.

Either way: it's just your bad luck of bumping into people. I often see people looking for help in normal chat in FH square, often enough I'm the only one that speaks to them. But as I said... there's alot of people that are experienced, intelligent or simply helpful... Since the game got alot of players, 90% of morons, but take 10% out of a big number, it's still a nice sum. Have fun looking for the 10%.
    Member of "KoS_" cause unless you stand for something, you will fall for anything.
  • Yue - Eyrda
    Yue - Eyrda Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i do my dailies and post here with no prob Frost Fang o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mirrai
    mirrai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yue that impossible... since we can't alt tab or play in window mode while browsing and lurking on the forum. So frost theory is right !! Oh wait...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Average player age on FW currently
    (0 ~ 17)23,4% - (17~20)31,2% - (21~30)19,5% - (30~40)4,7% - (70+)0,8% - (unknown)20,3%
    There were over 64 thread asking FW download and date, Currently there 28 Guild available for you
    I haven't update the information above.
    If you are wondering how to access ignore list =http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist=
  • Yin - Eyrda
    Yin - Eyrda Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This game certainly won't cure f2p-phobia. I think it made mine worse.
  • Frost_Fang - Nyos
    Frost_Fang - Nyos Posts: 837 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i do my dailies and post here with no prob Frost Fang o.o

Who the heck are you O_o I barely ever post and I got more posts then you... so much about my theory being wrong, since u're obviously not around here much.

As for mirrai - you dont exist, u're an alt of some sort O,o you don't get to speak, since whatever you say could and probably is made up D:
    Member of "KoS_" cause unless you stand for something, you will fall for anything.
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I can post while playing as well...

In fact, I'm farming Dreamland Petals atm.

Too much autopath, need something to do in between the fun parts...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mirrai
    mirrai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    @frost : Whatever you say, mister. Whatever you say. ;) Just be happy now, alright. Just go continue playing or something..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Average player age on FW currently
    (0 ~ 17)23,4% - (17~20)31,2% - (21~30)19,5% - (30~40)4,7% - (70+)0,8% - (unknown)20,3%
    There were over 64 thread asking FW download and date, Currently there 28 Guild available for you
    I haven't update the information above.
    If you are wondering how to access ignore list =http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist=
  • Raxor - Storm Legion
    Raxor - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The people you see most in the forums are there cause they're not being bothered by the endless Quests of this game... read: they dont play the game...

I don't know if you have ever heard of this groundbreaking technology called Alt-tab. It allows you to go to different window with ease while still having a program up. Anyway server name and character on the side.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "The Demon of Bushido" If you're bored there are other games. And in case you are wondering I'm a male playing as a female character.
  • Axym - Lionheart
    Axym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    @OP:

Lionheart, Realm 4, Oblivion guild (if we're not full) would love to have you. We do get full often (one of the top guilds) but we do cleaning every week, so it shouldn't be too too hard to find you a spot one Sunday :) I'll admit that sometimes we do use abbreviations and/or l337 sp34k (mostly abbreviations) but this is often just game jargon and shouldn't be too much of a problem. FYI world chat isn't always the best place to look for new friends, in this and almost every other f2p mmo I've played (been doing this for several years now) people in f2p world chats like to make fools of themselves. Don't know why, don't care, but it's a general rule. For the record, I usually just watch guild chat.

@Frost Fang:

I forum during dailies, or when I can't go in game (due to internet restrictions or whatnot).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa
  • Aesarin - Storm Legion
    Aesarin - Storm Legion Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It's also possible that some of us lurk/troll the forums while working.

Now if only I could manage multiple tasks on my computer, where I could be autopathing to a location, then somehow switch to the web browser while my character runs from A to B. How cool would that be!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Is metroid's gun attached to his suit or is it a part of his arm?
    English Talent Calculator: http://www.aesica.net/fw
  • Yue - Eyrda
    Yue - Eyrda Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Who the heck are you O_o I barely ever post and I got more posts then you... so much about my theory being wrong, since u're obviously not around here much.

As for mirrai - you dont exist, u're an alt of some sort O,o you don't get to speak, since whatever you say could and probably is made up D:

I don't need to be posting to be present in the forums, lurking is a form of being around as well.

I don't need over nine thousand posts if most part comes from trolling and flaming anyways.

I keep in the forums for general knowledge and anticipation on patches yet to come.

I've been here since June, 2010, and as most ppl here i had my post count reseted with the avatar introductions.

And yeah, i know you too should have a higher post count. As stated above i lurk on the forums for quite some time and i know ur Sins Illyfue avatar Frost_Fang (which if i'm not mistaken got to round the 20s or 30s, and even before it.

AND

My avatar is stuck on 67 w.w
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Morgueanna - Lionheart
    Morgueanna - Lionheart Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    My advice would be to go to guild campfires that are advertised in world chat.

Campfires are free experience, hosted by the guild who advertises them. To get to a campfire, just open your map and click on the guild's name (bottom right hand corner), it will autoroute you to the guild's trackstone (if it's on that map). People tend to chat a bit at the campfire and there will of course be a lot of said guild's representatives with whom you can have a conversation and see if that particular guild is a good fit for you.

There are usually a dozen campfires a day, just meet some people and see where you feel comfortable :)