Pings

anthraxine
anthraxine Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
Hi, just joined today...
i get pings around 250+ on EU server and 400+ On US server..
so jus asking will my experience on the server will be good with these much pings??
and what is the normal ping on forsaken world?

Thank you

P.S- Haven't played any MMO earlier except one ( A3Mania). so kinda noob :p
Post edited by anthraxine on

Comments

• Xsasukex - Storm Legion
    Xsasukex - Storm Legion Posts: 1,568 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    depends on where you play from, and if you got a good connection or not.

I think 400+ ping can get a bit laggy, so i advice you to stay on a server closer to your location.
    [SIGPIC]http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7664/xsasukex.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    xSasukex | 75 | Elemental | Warrior (retired)
    CuteNDeadly | 66 | Venom | Assassin <Naholdir's Princess>
  • CryptKeeper - Eyrda
    CryptKeeper - Eyrda Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    pretty much what sasuke said

my ping is usually 100-150 in FH and 80ish all elsewhere

that being said when the server flinches the ping will skyrocket to 10k-20k so "normal" ping is hard to say lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** the reaper, fear the Keeper
    Madness takes its toll...please have exact change.
    (AsylumFW.GuildLaunch.com)
  • Anthraxine - Nyos
    Anthraxine - Nyos Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i guess in FR and DE( i dunno what place is this) ppl might not speak english,, so i can only join EU server as it is close to my location.. still m gonna play.. high ping matters in PVP's.. lets see uptill that lvl..
  • Xio - Storm Legion
    Xio - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    400ms is only 4/10ths of a second..so it would be only barely noticeable.the bad lag is when your ping is upwards of 700...then you really start to feel it and it becomes rather annoying.
    edited June 2011
    i guess in FR and DE( i dunno what place is this) ppl might not speak english,, so i can only join EU server as it is close to my location.. still m gonna play.. high ping matters in PVP's.. lets see uptill that lvl..

FR = France

DE = Deutschland

Edit: i fail... lolz, changed
  • JIN - Illyfue
    JIN - Illyfue Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    DE=Deutschland :)
  • Alyssian - Illyfue
    Alyssian - Illyfue Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Pings doesn't matter as much in MMORPG's, but it gets annoying. I suggest you try every server, like i get better pings in FR server than in EU server, even though i'm a londoner.

I get 80+ in FH, and 20 in random places.
    edited June 2011
    DE=Deutschland :)

oops *facepalm* -.- oh well.. almost lol
  • Anthraxine - Nyos
    Anthraxine - Nyos Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    after playing fr a while,,, ping remains btw 300-600 ( not to mention the spikes sm tymes).. yh will check out FR server too...
  • Abstina - Lionheart
    Abstina - Lionheart Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Im lucky My Ping rarley goes over 100. usually around 50 lol
  • Lalnuir - Illyfue
    Lalnuir - Illyfue Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    o.O my ping normal sits around 800ish and I haven't had any real issues with lag
  • Melanice - Eyrda
    Melanice - Eyrda Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'm living in Europe myself (in The Netherlands to be more specific), but I joined Eyrda because a friend played in this server too.
    My ping is around 300-400 during normal gameplay. However, when im in a PK fight I do notice that things get laggy x_x"

I read somewhere that the server from EU is located in Amsterdam (capital city of The Netherlands) so I really am interested in changing servers. xD

But oh well.
    During non-PK/PVP times the ping is really not such a bother.
  • Grimspark - Lionheart
    Grimspark - Lionheart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    My ping ranges from 200 to almost 500 on Lionheart and I LIVE HERE. -_- It's never interfered with my gaming, except in Freedom Harbor, but why can't Asians play the Asian version?
  • mirrai
    mirrai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Sorry necro :D
    high ping matters in PVP's.. lets see uptill that lvl..

Reason why i didn't play pvp server..
    but why can't Asians play the Asian version?

Because asian using various language and not just one ? English is said to be international language, that's why there bigger chance for asian to play here. Than on asian server with language they didn't know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Average player age on FW currently
    (0 ~ 17)23,4% - (17~20)31,2% - (21~30)19,5% - (30~40)4,7% - (70+)0,8% - (unknown)20,3%
    There were over 64 thread asking FW download and date, Currently there 28 Guild available for you
    I haven't update the information above.
    If you are wondering how to access ignore list =http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist=
  • Yue - Eyrda
    Yue - Eyrda Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I choose Eyrda due to the reason stated on posts above -lower ping on closer location- and the fact of it being the nearest timezone to Brazil, so my gameplay don't get screwed much.

PING here usually stays bout 200~500, but it isn't really noticeable so whatever.

It wasn't a nechro really, the last post barely 11 days ago XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mirrai
    edited July 2011

It wasn't a nechro really, the last post barely 11 days ago XD

Oh my bad :D sleepy when posting it.

High ping makes nightmare carnival into real nightmare, because you can't even go pass the first stage without someone helping you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (0 ~ 17)23,4% - (17~20)31,2% - (21~30)19,5% - (30~40)4,7% - (70+)0,8% - (unknown)20,3%
    There were over 64 thread asking FW download and date, Currently there 28 Guild available for you
    If you are wondering how to access ignore list =http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist=
  • Taran_McDohl - Eyrda
    Taran_McDohl - Eyrda Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You will be fine. My ping in game ranges from 80 to 200 and i have no issues at all with lag or damage lag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]All life begins with Nu...and ends with Nu.
  • mirrai
    edited July 2011
    Mine from 350 to 900 when stable :(
    When it's unstable it become 1k to 22k

There always sort delay when selecting target or using item / skill.
    But i am used to it from playing jd, boi, pw previously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grimspark - Lionheart
    Grimspark - Lionheart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    @mirrai : that's the first REAL response I've ever heard to the question. Thank you. Usually I just hear "**** you guai lo, har har har".

I would think though that since all forms of Chinese use the same writing system (?) that it wouldn't be a problem at least for them though. :confused:
  • Melanice - Eyrda
    Melanice - Eyrda Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    "**** you guai lo, har har har".
    Hahahahaha!
    Aww xD
    I would think though that since all forms of Chinese use the same writing system (?) that it wouldn't be a problem at least for them though. :confused:
    The chinese writing system is indeed roughly the same for Mandarin (Mainland China) and Cantonese (Hong Kong). But not every chinese can/wants to read chinese characters all the time.

As for me, there are so many different characters and specific chinese gaming terms that I don't know... I prefer to play in the english client. Not to mention that if you don't read chinese on a daily basis you have to actually decipher each word one by one xD

tl;dr - Those who have no problems reading Chinese are probably already playing on the chinese client.

/Sorry offtopic!
  • mirrai
    edited July 2011
    I want to add one more why people want to play here.. :)
    PWE international server is very good on preventing or handling bots
    Any other games made by pwe but published by different company or in china server = lots bot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]