Should we get a server in Australia?

Tommydecadencc - Eyrda
Tommydecadencc - Eyrda Posts: 5 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Off-Topic Discussion
Hey guys, it's Tommy here wondering how many Australian users are sick of having to play on a US or a server in another world.

This is because i have been on all servers and never met an aussie. I mean its so hard to communicate with people from another country. And trolls are pissing me off. And random Player killers. I was just about to pstart fishing then *BOOOM!!* i get killed randomly -.-
Post edited by Tommydecadencc - Eyrda on

Comments

• Tommydecadencc - Eyrda
    edited June 2011
    It really **** me off.
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    if they give the Aussies a server, then every other country, nation, region will be asking for their own also....
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • Tommydecadencc - Eyrda
    edited June 2011
    if they give the Aussies a server, then every other country, nation, region will be asking for their own also....

Well the US have multiple -.-
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    edited June 2011

the US has West Coast and East Coast, there are 2 other regions in the US that don't have their own servers
  • Tommydecadencc - Eyrda
    edited June 2011
    So what about random Player Killers?
  • Grimspark - Lionheart
    Grimspark - Lionheart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I don't see that it would make any difference. The game started in China, and so many Asians play the English one anyway. In other words, most of the Aussies would STILL be on the U.S. server even if you had your own. lol
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I don't see that it would make any difference. The game started in China, and so many Asians play the English one anyway. In other words, most of the Aussies would STILL be on the U.S. server even if you had your own. lol
    the US has West Coast and East Coast, there are 2 other regions in the US that don't have their own servers

the people in the midwest want their own server now :P
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • XKitty - Nyos
    XKitty - Nyos Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Aussies being lame trolls all over my server =.=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    edited June 2011
    the people in the midwest want their own server now :P

um, how about a NO :p
  • nightwolf200
    edited June 2011
    um, how about a NO :p

lol why not? players in the east coast and west coast have their own servers why not one for people in the midwest? :p
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

• TheReveriee - Lionheart
    TheReveriee - Lionheart Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    So what about random Player Killers?

i dont think having a server based in australia will solve that issue, joined a PvE server if being PK'd is what your pissed off about.

im sure you would still get PK'd on a Australian server if it were a PvP server.
    Looking for a nice and friendly PvE guild that can run during Australian times PM me please!
  • Ashaw - Eyrda
    Ashaw - Eyrda Posts: 1,127 Arc User
    edited July 2011

well TECHNICALY Austrailia is also a continent so it could be a continental server instead of country server :P
    Class Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188881

Race Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=193701

They know I'm right -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3587381&postcount=43

[SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
    I dont play Ashaw anymore -_- its a boring class
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    well TECHNICALY Austrailia is also a continent so it could be a continental server instead of country server :P

Sorry for the semi-necro, but... Australia is not a continent. Oceania is. And Oceania is just not populated enough for any global f2p mmo to open a server there...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Orissa - Illyfue
    Orissa - Illyfue Posts: 496 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Australia is a strange colony. Exceptionally unfriendly terrains, but people still want to live right there. The real Austrialians are Aborigines, white people (like always...) have destroyed the culture of natives and appropriated their land. Wanna live in strange place - accept the lack of servers and the other things, icluding different time zones
  • ruscour
    ruscour Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Australia is a strange colony. Exceptionally unfriendly terrains, but people still want to live right there. The real Austrialians are Aborigines, white people (like always...) have destroyed the culture of natives and appropriated their land. Wanna live in strange place - accept the lack of servers and the other things, icluding different time zones

What on earth is wrong with you? You're either horridly uneducated or ludicrously ****. Unfriendly terrains? The majority of the population lives along the coast. Y'know San Fransisco and Los Angeles were built on a ******n tectonic boundary? And weren't Indian-Americans in the same situation from European settlers?

Sorry that this is offtopic, but holy hell, it's amazing how stupid people are.

Relevant however, is that I'm Aussie and just about to start playing, what US server do most people from Aus play on? Are there some Aussie guilds, or is the playerbase really small and fragmented?
  • nightwolf200
    edited July 2011
    ruscour wrote: »
    What on earth is wrong with you? You're either horridly uneducated or ludicrously ****. Unfriendly terrains? The majority of the population lives along the coast. Y'know San Fransisco and Los Angeles were built on a ******n tectonic boundary? And weren't Indian-Americans in the same situation from European settlers?

Relevant however, is that I'm Aussie and just about to start playing, what US server do most people from Aus play on? Are there some Aussie guilds, or is the playerbase really small and fragmented?

speaking of uneducated its NATIVE-AMERICANS not INDIAN-AMERICANS. Indians are from India not America :P.
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]

• Luciferia - Illyfue
    edited July 2011

This doesn't change that Australia is just a big island in the middle of the ocean, so remote that life forms there are in fact majorly different than those in the rest of the world.
    And it sure doesn't change the fact that the population is just not enough for anyone to take them seriously. What's more, they are English speaking, have a perfectly western culture etc. And that's why, for example, Turkish people get national servers in a ton of games, while not being such a big country - their culture is different enough to justify a special server. But Australians... nah, just bunch them up with Americans, English and the rest of the former British Empire and you'll be fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ruscour
    ruscour Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    speaking of uneducated its NATIVE-AMERICANS not INDIAN-AMERICANS. Indians are from India not America :P.
    Everyone knows that native Americans are referred to colloquially as Indian Americans, don't be picky. It's a hell of a lot less uneducated than someone thinking Australia is some third world country that's a big hunk of unliveable terrain.
    This doesn't change that Australia is just a big island in the middle of the ocean, so remote that life forms there are in fact majorly different than those in the rest of the world.
    And it sure doesn't change the fact that the population is just not enough for anyone to take them seriously. What's more, they are English speaking, have a perfectly western culture etc. And that's why, for example, Turkish people get national servers in a ton of games, while not being such a big country - their culture is different enough to justify a special server. But Australians... nah, just bunch them up with Americans, English and the rest of the former British Empire and you'll be fine.
    I know why Australia doesn't have servers, our population is less than a tenth of the US, it doesn't change it that it blows. There are MMOs with Australian servers, Runes of Magic and Warhammer Online for example. Most other games just lazily allocate an Oceanic server from US West, such as WoW or RIFT. Local servers are in abundance for FPS games which is why the majority of the country play FPS games as opposed to RTS or MMOs.

An Australian server is wishful thinking that wouldn't happen. The only reason I replied was that Orissa's comment was one of the dumbest things I've ever read.
  • RafiqMughal - Nyos
    RafiqMughal - Nyos Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    There have been lot of debate on many games over Australia having their own servers. Thing is Australia has only 1 datacenter in it's whole nation & many people there are fed up of it. And i have usually seen Australians having 300+ ping to other country servers in any games FPS, MMO you name it.

I am from India and i have never seen any popular game having servers in Asia or South Asia. And mostly Asians are popular among gaming. From Japan to Middle east almost there are many gamers and they don't have servers nearby and these countries have more than 20's of Datacenters. Unless game is providing DEDICATED SERVERS than the story is different.

FW will never come to South Asia cause they already have their counterpart Chinese FW. So i am bound to play on EU where ping spikes from 145 to 600ms & the reason behind is the servers backbone line & it's hardware not our internet. I have feeling FW is running on VDS as it's in OB atm. So good luck having servers for Australia.
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    edited July 2011
    FW will never come to South Asia cause they already have their counterpart Chinese FW. So i am bound to play on EU where ping spikes from 145 to 600ms & the reason behind is the servers backbone line & it's hardware not our internet. I have feeling FW is running on VDS as it's in OB atm. So good luck having servers for Australia.

There already is a south asian version of FW: the one published by Cubizone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mirrai
    mirrai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    There already is a south asian version of FW: the one published by Cubizone.

What great of pwe international server is very rare bots. Cubizone fw already had lots of bot. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Average player age on FW currently
    (0 ~ 17)23,4% - (17~20)31,2% - (21~30)19,5% - (30~40)4,7% - (70+)0,8% - (unknown)20,3%
    There were over 64 thread asking FW download and date, Currently there 28 Guild available for you
    I haven't update the information above.
    If you are wondering how to access ignore list =http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist=
  • Orissa - Illyfue
    Orissa - Illyfue Posts: 496 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Am I uneducated/stupid/****? No. In fact (and as you said) all Australians live on the coast. It's a small part of the island, the most of terrains are just deserts (and your climate is getting worse every century). And yes, I know about few places in North America and about native Americans, it's also terrible. However, America was much more attractive, almost whole continent is inhabited. Australia was just a prison colony, not so interesting beginning. Well, it has been caused by the fatal climate. For me this land doesn't have a nice future. PWI may be a great company, but australian server would be too expensive
  • Vlamps - Lionheart
    Vlamps - Lionheart Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'm not trying to be mean, but NO. Unless you open a petition to get the servers free out there..Because even if they did make a server out in Australia they would loose more money then make..Setting up a server out there is ridiculous and overpriced.