What looks cooler?

Aerit - Storm Legion
Aerit - Storm Legion Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
I have seen many guys roling girls in the game, i wonder why is that, just curious :) I think is really great.

However in your personal opinion, what do you think about male and female gear and characters? which is more **** kicking?

I'm a girl, but i play both character, male and female, so far i'm more into guys gear, but females are prettier.

just another random question:

What gear and armor :p (overall classes) is your favorite? :)
Post edited by Aerit - Storm Legion on

Comments

• Falcyon - Eyrda
    Falcyon - Eyrda Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    im a guy and i have both as well. i play vamp, mage, war, and MM.

for war i like the male elf armor than human guy or girl and elf girl (sasukeX's old sig showed elf male lvl 50 gear which looks awesome XD ).

for vamps i like the female gear on guys there waist is so small it makes the gear look off an at times bad. if they made guys waist bigger for kindreds it would look a lot better in my opinion.

for mage this was a little tough but i say both are fine be it kindred or human and guy or girl. the armor sits nicely on all avatars really (MAN DRESS FTW *SPARTAN SHOUT*).

for MM (marksman) in early levels the girls look better but in later levels male dwarfs look awesome (they really need to change the banana/sneeze afk for guys though...... PLEEEEAAASSSSEE!!! ). the girls at later levels idk i just dont really see how a girl can fire a gun and move at light speed and NOT trip over her dress lol but meh what can you do lol.

and as for why i have both male and female is because the LOOK means everything to me in a MMO. so if a girl toon looks cool in one thing and a guy looks cool in another then ill have a guy and a girl. for example i made a female war because i played around with the guys and hated ALL of there looks (facial wise) so i said eff it and made a girl. then around lvl 39-40 i saw a male elf and human in the level 50 gear and my jaw hit the ground in shock because there gear look amazing on them. so i wondered what the females looked liked and a little forum digging later found out and made a male elf 20 mins later lol XD.

but thats my reason i have a friend that makes NOTHING but females in any game an his reason is if hes gonna stare at a screen for 5-8 hrs+ it may as well be a pixelated rear of a girl (makes me laugh everytime i hear that to XD ).
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Kindred female sins look WAY better than the male versions.

For example... in combat, female sins do a flip when you jump... male sins flap their arms like they are trying to take off.

Females generally have better fashion, and animation.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • ArsArcanum - Eyrda
    ArsArcanum - Eyrda Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Kindred female sins look WAY better than the male versions.

For example... in combat, female sins do a flip when you jump... male sins flap their arms like they are trying to take off.

Females generally have better fashion, and animation.

males flip too lol
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Best looking armor is that of female vampires. Worst looking armor is that of male vampires.

Period:cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    edited June 2011
    males flip too lol

only in non-combat, and it is random.... but that flapping **** has got to go, seriously... hold spacebar while moving up a flight of stairs... its priceless.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • Lyrium - Storm Legion
    Lyrium - Storm Legion Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    My favorite armor is by far that of a female Bard, which heavily influenced my choice to play as one. I was going to play a Mage, but their armor didn't really appeal to me, so I decided against it. Male Bards look terrible in my opinion.. Feathers should be reserved for females, just saying.

As for males, I really love Priest armor, but I also love it on female. Level 60 female and male Priest armor are my second favorite in-game, with first being a level 70 female Bard.
    Lyrium - Light Bard - Level 72
  • Aidann - Lionheart
    Aidann - Lionheart Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I like playing a male bard, because it's like showing up to school in a tuxedo- it stands out. Their sense of fashion is an acquired taste, I suppose, but as a fan of the Mesmer class in Guild Wars, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Well, except for the hats. The hats do look legitimately bad.
  • homosimpsons
    homosimpsons Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i like running around with no fashion
  • Xsasukex - Storm Legion
    Xsasukex - Storm Legion Posts: 1,568 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    1. Female Vampire

2. Female Assassin

3. Female Bard

4. Female Mage

5. Stoneman

6. Male Mage

7. Male Warrior

8. Male Vampire

9. Male Marksman

10. Male Assassin

11. Female Priest

12. Male Bard

13. Female Warrior

14. Female Marksman

15. Male priest

was that all? i think it was :D

Edit: NOW its all :p
    [SIGPIC]http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7664/xsasukex.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    xSasukex | 75 | Elemental | Warrior (retired)
    CuteNDeadly | 66 | Venom | Assassin <Naholdir's Princess>
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    edited June 2011
    1. Female Vampire

2. Female Assassin

3. Female Bard

4. Female Mage

5. Stoneman

6. Male Mage

7. Male Warrior

8. Male Vampire

9. Male Marksman

10. Male Assassin

11. Female Priest

12. Male Bard

13. Female Marksman

14. Male priest

was that all? i think it was :D

female warrior?
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
  • ArsArcanum - Eyrda
    ArsArcanum - Eyrda Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    female warrior?

i think i remember her saying she doesnt like the female war armor on them so prolly y it isnt on the list :S maybe idk.
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    edited June 2011
    i think i remember her saying she doesnt like the female war armor on them so prolly y it isnt on the list :S maybe idk.

lol I have no idea, inside jokes don't work so well unless someone has read the other post that is being referenced (which I apparently havn't.) Though I do find it slightly odd that that list is not broken down further by race... because characters look different (even the way armor fits) depending on if human or kindred, so I assume elf looks diff too.

Meh, whatever.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
  • Allesschwarz - Illyfue
    Allesschwarz - Illyfue Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I may get lots of flames, but personally I think female kindred look HORRIBLE. Ugly hair, ugly face, ugly pose, ugly primitive dance, ugly fashion. Male kindreds on the contrary I really like (except those who wear idiot Edward style hair).
    For me the best looking character is female elf. Never liked this race actually... but in FW I fell in love with them, especially with their height which makes all other females look like cockroaches.
  • Aidann - Lionheart
    Aidann - Lionheart Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I may get lots of flames, but personally I think female kindred look HORRIBLE. Ugly hair, ugly face, ugly pose, ugly primitive dance, ugly fashion. Male kindreds on the contrary I really like (except those who wear idiot Edward style hair).
    For me the best looking character is female elf. Never liked this race actually... but in FW I fell in love with them, especially with their height which makes all other females look like cockroaches.

I wouldn't go as far as to call female vamps horrible. They have good models and bad models, so it's just a really polarized appearance.

I agree that male vampires are epic. (And my God, I wish I could give my Bard the Kindred Ponytail over any of the elf hairstyles).
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I personally think male vampires are the ugliest thing in FW, uglier even than Stonemen (ok, there are some goblins that are uglier than male vamps, I'll give you that xD). At least the other male kindred get better looking armor...

And yeah, many of the face/hair options for female kindred are indeed horrible... but my little vampiress looks cuuuuute49.gif

20110519154059.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • realatuer
    realatuer Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Male playing a female dwarf. They were just too cute to pass up. Victorian steampunk with a Big old gun - always adorable.

Wanting to make a male dwarf though - being short and hairy in real life does bias my opinion somewhat. I hope the next dwarf class is just as much fun.

I tried protector and the class itself just didnt grab me - not many skills, ponderous movement.

Elves kindred and humans - well the men look like women anyway so dont see why it matters.
  • Yue - Eyrda
    Yue - Eyrda Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i stopped caring at the gender of my characters playing PWI xD.
    But really, i do like more a female character than a male trying to be one (kindreds and bards lmao) but i usually play with both genders too, it really depends on which i think suits my charater best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    female warrior?

i KNEW it was something i had forgot! i just didnt know what :D
    edited June 2011
    and yep, i also use characters of all kinds.

I really dont like the looks of female humans though o.o they are just... short... weird faces... weird makeup.. and ugly **** hair.

I like female elves much, the only problem is that they doesnt have any decent looking hairstyle -.-

i also prefer male elves over male humans.

i dont really like the bodies of the kindred, male or female, but i like the hairstyles and the faces and flairs.

i dont like anything with male dwarves. but female dwarves are cute, and i would play one if they had dwarf warriors lol.

stonemen... they are only fun if you make their skin green and call them hulk, or something like that.
  • Agustin - Storm Legion
    Agustin - Storm Legion Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I find male elves and male kindred to be the most aesthetically pleasing so far....with the exception going to those cutesy female dwarfs (because you can dress up as the queen...with a huge musket! mwhahaha!). ^_^

Male elves have lovely hair, faces and flairs. Also to me the have the nicest priest and bard clothing options. Male kindred have beautiful faces and hair, (they look deadly but lovely at the same time),make nice really mages, and I love the kindred male vampire gear.

Also I find the male fashion here to be very well done and they ahve just as much as the ladies do....however...I kinda with they had a few more revealing outfits. That would be nice.:cool:
  • Soczia - Illyfue
    Soczia - Illyfue Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Female characters all the way.
    Personally as a male I prefer to look few hours at sexy female vampire than a male one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dark vamp lvl 72.
  • Patella - Nyos
    Patella - Nyos Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    how do you change you guys gender
  • mirrai
    mirrai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    No love for the manly stoneman / dwarf ? I found all of them looks good.
    The last on my list was human female... :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Average player age on FW currently
    (0 ~ 17)23,4% - (17~20)31,2% - (21~30)19,5% - (30~40)4,7% - (70+)0,8% - (unknown)20,3%
    There were over 64 thread asking FW download and date, Currently there 28 Guild available for you
    I haven't update the information above.
    If you are wondering how to access ignore list =http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist=
  • GooHara - Lionheart
    GooHara - Lionheart Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Female, coz if i wanna see my toon naked, I prefer female XD