FW *FIX* Start after clicking Start

Comments

• samraniel82
    samraniel82 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hi all fellow problem mates. I tried whats below and noticed that my NVIDIA control panel recognizes "game.exe" as a Command & Conquer red alert 2(which i have never had on this computer). That package was loaded from Steam, now trying straight from website.
    myrnae wrote: »
    I havent been able to play on my laptop which has windows 7- 64 bit but i have been able to play on my older comp with has windows vista 32 bit until today. Turns out it was a problem with the graphics processor. I use Nvidia. While it still wont work through the patcher it does work when i open up "game.exe" This is what i did,
    - Right click on game.exe
    - click on " Run with graphics processor"
    Here i had two options:

- Run with HD Nvidia
    - Run with integrated graphics processor,

In the beginning it was trying to run with the HD version but it wouldnt open up so i clicked on the other option " Integrated graphics"

If you dont have those arnt your options just click on the other option available, it should work then. Another way you could go about this is by

- opening Nvidia controll pannel
    - under 3D setting click on "Manage 3D settings"
    - click on the tab "Program settings" Under "i would like to use these settings"
    - Under "select a program to customise" click on "Add"
    - Add "game.exe" (or what ever its called for you, but mind that its the game application)
    - Next under " Select the prefered graphics processor" select the one that is not default for you.
    - Press apply

may b what will work for you?
    gl!
    ~Myrnae
  • samraniel82
    samraniel82 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I think i have a glue what seems to be the problem.

Just noticed that the game requires 3g's of memory on Vista. Well i have it, but the game tells me that i have only 2048mb's. Can someone tell me if it is possible somehow "recheck" system or something. Or is it just that that i have 2x 1024mb and 2x 512mb chips.

and now when i try to run it "compatible on XP (service pack 2) the settings tells me that i got only 1024mb memory.....please help me, i am lost.
  • abbidad
    abbidad Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hmm well I've tryed everything on this page with no luck. I have however noticed that whenever I run the patcher and press start, the two game processes that show up in task manager both simply end when the patcher disappears. It does not matter if I run the smaller one or not the second will only disappear a few seconds later. I have ran it in admin mode and compatability for vista and xp. I have changed my UAC settings, played with the resolution, verified files, and done everything imaginable to the system files.

Running Windows 7 x64.
  • dixiedownunder
    dixiedownunder Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It kinda looks to me like it might have to do with Intel I series. Anyone with out Intel i series processor having the problem of game not starting when you press start?
  • tequilea
    tequilea Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'm having doubts of the quality of games produced by Mainland China.

There are fake replies about DEP working and this problem is still not fixed till date.

Stop grinning and pretend everything is alright. It's not, moderators.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The list of CPUs I have with this issue so far are:

i5-2537
    i5-2410M
    i7-2620M
    Core2Duo t6400
    Athlon 64 X2
    i7-2630QM
    AMD Phenom 2 N620
    Core i3 M350
    Core i7 2720QM
    Core i3 530
    i7 860
    i5 M460
    Core2Duo E7500
    i7 920

Many of these CPUs have embedded GPUs. Some players have had success forcing the game to run on the Intel GPU instead of their nVidia GPU or ATI/AMD one. Doing that may help you.

Some players have had success by setting up Desktop Shortcuts in Vista and 7 for the game.exe to run on one specific CPU core (it only uses one anyways) instead of it being assigned by Windows.

I am still testing on different PCs here in the office when I can, and other players have been sending in their dxdiag.txts so I have a list to review and send to the developers. I really need about 20-30 more dxdiags to have any kind of data I can work with. You guys can send your dxdiag.txt in to us in Tech Support via a ticket if you still have problems.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • thoriathan
    thoriathan Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Uhm... All of these fixes would be a lot more helpful if a perfect world folder existed in my computer. but it doesn't. In fact there is no files even related to Perfect World or Forsaken World in my system. Any explanation?
  • mirrai
    mirrai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    thoriathan wrote: »
    Uhm... All of these fixes would be a lot more helpful if a perfect world folder existed in my computer. but it doesn't. In fact there is no files even related to Perfect World or Forsaken World in my system. Any explanation?

How do you install and update the game if those folder doesn't exist ? :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Average player age on FW currently
    (0 ~ 17)23,4% - (17~20)31,2% - (21~30)19,5% - (30~40)4,7% - (70+)0,8% - (unknown)20,3%
    There were over 64 thread asking FW download and date, Currently there 28 Guild available for you
    I haven't update the information above.
    If you are wondering how to access ignore list =http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist=
  • abbidad
    edited July 2011
    mirrai wrote: »
    How do you install and update the game if those folder doesn't exist ? :confused:

I actually have the same problem...NO PW folder on my computer anywhere. I think im just going to wait around for the mods to figure this out as I believe the above user is right and this is a game problem. It's not worth it right now.
  • urasawa
    urasawa Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    cant seem to get this to work no matter what i try why is is this happening
  • Rafania - Eyrda
    Rafania - Eyrda Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    the sensless one worked for me lol thanks so much tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :D
  • mediation
    mediation Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    So far, I have tried:
    Starting the game normally
    Starting the game directly from the executable
    Running both the updater and the game as an administrator
    Verifying the game cache in Steam and the launcher
    Running the game in every XP+ compatibility mode
    Setting the resolution to every 16:9 value
    Bypassing DEP and firewall
    Renaming the video file
    Renaming the executable
    Setting core affinity
    Clicking the links in the launcher
    Ending redundant game processes
    Rolling back my beta video drivers to two different stable drivers
    Running the game on my IGP
    I always install OS updates on day zero

None of these have worked. Relevant specs:
    i5 2500K
    GTX 570
    8 GB RAM
    Windows 7 x64 SP1

I just wasted a hell of a lot of time on this. Does PWI have this issue or do I really need to go back to WoW for my MMO fix?

Edit: My friend is also having this issue on his Dell XPS 15. He's tried most of these workarounds, and he's not having any success either.
  • shehrawat
    shehrawat Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i have a different solution for all ..... mine is pentium 4 processor , 2.5 gb ram , ati radeon hd 4350 1gb memory . what i did is

1) i changed game to games.exe
    2) clicked patcher .... it said cant open game . i closed it
    3) clicked games.exe and in task manager i deleated PMB.EXE
    4) PMB was taking 50% cpu
    5) again i clicked games.exe and seen in task manager that pmb not running but 2 games.exe running .. i end prosses of 1 games.exe which takes less cpu usage fastly and my game opened working fine now ... just try it :D
  • poepenoenoe
    poepenoenoe Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    ok, this is what worked for me:
    go to game map>update

there was a file named 'game' when i fixed it.
    i changed the name of this file to fame
    then i simpely dubble clicked it.

when i did this, the game just opend, without showing the launcer. and i could play without any problems
    hope this works for you:)

( sorry for my bad english )
  • cjoo
    cjoo Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I had the same error after clicking Start - garbled text in another language.

Solved!

Enable Aero (LogMeIn had disabled it; I uninstalled logmein and removed the display driver from device manager)
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This is great, I'm glad you guys are coming up with some solutions!

We tried the renaming game.exe on one of our co-workers Win7 32bit machine who can't run the game, but it didn't work.

Keep up the great work!

*sheds dark, cold, happy Sith Panda tear*
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • digimatt
    digimatt Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M 2GB graphic card and when launching game it would just sit there. Then after a while the updater would disappear. I tried starting the game with my Internal Graphics card and it worked!! Not sure what it is other than Intel HD Graphic Family..?
  • sdsadadadad
    sdsadadadad Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Found a new fix, turned out the xps error had the title ''font\fzxh1jw.ttf''

So, searched it on my working PC, oooh, I've got it, sent it to the laptop and put it in the font directory, it loaded fine.

Ding!
  • oversizedhat2003
    oversizedhat2003 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I've tried all the suggested solutions, still no progress.... any word on fixing the root of the problem? :/

Edit: Found a fix... I simply moved the perfect world entertainment folder from C:/ to C:/Program Files... try just moving the whole folder and see if that works.
  • abbidad
    edited July 2011
    It would be useful if everyone who found solutions posted there graphics card and OS. From what ive seen all of us who cannot get in game are running windows 7 x64 AND/OR have a Nvidia GT540M.

In other news the game decided to randomly work once earlier for me. I had about enough time to create a character (vampire) before I had to go, and now it's not working again.
  • gotankz
    gotankz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This is great, I'm glad you guys are coming up with some solutions!

We tried the renaming game.exe on one of our co-workers Win7 32bit machine who can't run the game, but it didn't work.

Keep up the great work!

*sheds dark, cold, happy Sith Panda tear*

"GREAT WORK" whatare you talking about. NONE of these fixes work for me and I wouldn't consider them a fix even if they did. I've been running the game on the intergrated graphics on my laptop that has a Nvidia 460m inside it for weeks. That is not a fix. I posted all my info a few posts back weeks ago and I haven't seen or heard of any REAL SOLUTIONS to this. Lets get real on fixing this so I can run the game on more then bottom of the line graphics.
  • roninofthunder
    roninofthunder Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    ok, this is what worked for me:
    go to game map>update

there was a file named 'game' when i fixed it.
    i changed the name of this file to fame
    then i simpely dubble clicked it.

when i did this, the game just opend, without showing the launcer. and i could play without any problems
    hope this works for you:)

( sorry for my bad english )

you don't have to change it to fame, just double click it as is and it works.
  • roninofthunder
    roninofthunder Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Go to the file location

Click: Updates > Game (double click)

This makes the game client open without needing to use the patcher, seeing as how the patcher is being a bit buggy right now.
  • aphhyst
    aphhyst Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Uh.. I am missing My game.exe file.. I don't know like how to fix this :/ I also am able to get on but it says I an unable to connect to any servers..
  • ethanty4
    ethanty4 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I don't get a message when i click on start, now it just says "fail to enter game"
  • toruneko1
    toruneko1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Okay guys, I have done this by myself and it worked. I use intel CPU as well and gave me the error first, but after doing the following now it works fine.

1) If you use nvidia graphic card like me, go here and update the driver: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

2) restart computer

3) open nvidia control panel by right clicking on the icon in taskbar.

4) go to "Manage 3D Settings" and select "global settings" tab. Select "high performance nvidia processor" and click "apply".

5) go to "program settings" tab and select the game's path, which the default is "C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Forsaken World\update\game.exe" and hit "apply".

6) exit the control panel and go to "C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Forsaken World\update" and right click on "game.exe" to bring up the context menu and go under "run with graphic processor" option, then make sure the (default) is next to "high performance nvidia processor"

if the context menu does not appear, you can go to nvidia control panel and change the setting there on top where it says "Desktop".

I hope this helped. and good luck!
  • arrealle
    arrealle Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Ok , The solution that worked for me is running from internal graphics chip set. Fine the game runs but images are poor compared to my old dell laptop with graphics card.

What I would like to know is when the developers of FW are going to start to support the Newer Graphics cards ?

Its crazy I have a brand new laptop ( less than 1 week old 0 and I have to lower the settings.

Regards

Rodan, lv 60 warrior

The list of CPUs I have with this issue so far are:

i5-2537
    i5-2410M
    i7-2620M
    Core2Duo t6400
    Athlon 64 X2
    i7-2630QM
    AMD Phenom 2 N620
    Core i3 M350
    Core i7 2720QM
    Core i3 530
    i7 860
    i5 M460
    Core2Duo E7500
    i7 920

Many of these CPUs have embedded GPUs. Some players have had success forcing the game to run on the Intel GPU instead of their nVidia GPU or ATI/AMD one. Doing that may help you.

Some players have had success by setting up Desktop Shortcuts in Vista and 7 for the game.exe to run on one specific CPU core (it only uses one anyways) instead of it being assigned by Windows.

I am still testing on different PCs here in the office when I can, and other players have been sending in their dxdiag.txts so I have a list to review and send to the developers. I really need about 20-30 more dxdiags to have any kind of data I can work with. You guys can send your dxdiag.txt in to us in Tech Support via a ticket if you still have problems.
  • arrealle
    arrealle Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Buying New PC

Here are the specs. Can someone tell me if with these specs I will have issues with the start up / game launch. with regards to the processor or video card.

thks

Toshiba Qosmio X770

OR

I am looking at :

AlienWare MX14

Processor Intel Choice of : I7 2630 / 2730 or 2820 QM
    Memory - 6 Gb DDR
    video - Nvidia GT555M 1.5 GB
    Windows 7 Home Premium
  • Kuroraikou - Lionheart
    Kuroraikou - Lionheart Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I am testing out setting up a shortcut to force game.exe to run with one CPU core, but I have to ask for help since I have XP 32bit on my workstation,
    which won't work on my system.

[...]

The info I have so far (from the dxdiags I have gathered so far) is that these issues occur with all multicore CPUs. Mostly with Windows 7 Service Pack 1, then vanilla 7, then XP SP3.

I found a way to force the game to run on one CPU core, but both cores I tested still had the same problem: the game hanging and using memory but not showing.
    I had no luck, but maybe other people could try it?

1. Open up CMD
    2. Set your directory to your update folder (the one with game.exe)
    3. Use the command: "start /affinity xx game.exe"
    Replace "xx" with the core you want in hex. (1 = use CPU 0, 2 = CPU 1, 3 = CPU 1 and 0)

Example if I wanted to run the game on CPU 0:

2guk180.jpg

Or for people who aren't as familiar with the command prompt:

Open up notepad, and paste the following inside:
    start /affinity xx game.exe

For those who missed it: Replace "xx" with the core you want in hex. (1 = use CPU 0, 2 = CPU 1, 3 = CPU 1 and 0).
    After that, save it into your update folder (where your game.exe is located), then rename it as "start.bat".
    Double click that and pray.

Neither of these "fixes" (along with all of the suggested ones on this thread), fixed it for my laptop, but it runs fine on my tower.

Laptop: Win7 SP1 with dual core CPU, integrated Intel GPU, 32-bit system.
    I'm away from home so I can't get the specs on my tower yet.

Hope this helped!
  • stealthypredator
    stealthypredator Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Hey .. thank alottt :D i`ve been trying to make it work for 4 hour and then i saw your post .. and "The Sensless Method"work :| and i was like WTF :O :))) ty again :D
This discussion has been closed.