Talent calculator is under maintenance

crabclaw
crabclaw Posts: 953 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Just a quick heads up:

The talent calculator is under maintenance right now for some much needed updates. It will be back online at a later date. Sorry for the downtime!
Post edited by crabclaw on

Comments

• Xsasukex - Storm Legion
    Xsasukex - Storm Legion Posts: 1,568 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    maybe i finally can make my warrior build in the calc now? :rolleyes: ive had it in wordpad since CB cause the calc has been all messed up :p
    [SIGPIC]http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7664/xsasukex.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    xSasukex | 75 | Elemental | Warrior (retired)
    CuteNDeadly | 66 | Venom | Assassin <Naholdir's Princess>
  • Rhett - Lionheart
    Rhett - Lionheart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Just a quick question. Will you be adding in the talents in the lowermost part of the trees? The ones that need 50+ points in the tree to be unlocked, I mean. Simply asking because the cap raise to 80 will be sometime next month, if it is on schedule, and I'm guessing it will bring those talents with it.

Here is what I'm talking about, to further clarify -each class has three new talents per tree at the bottom, save vampires with four new talents in dark.
  • Traydor_Golem - Storm Legion
    Traydor_Golem - Storm Legion Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Sweet been hoping for this.

ty for update info.
    Born to be an Assassin, raised as a Thief.
  • Zarafil - Eyrda
    Zarafil - Eyrda Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You know what would be awesome a talent calc app for smRt phone I would Definatly get it
    edited July 2011
    You know what would be awesome a talent calc app for smRt phone I would Definatly get it

+1 to this
  • Vrone - Storm Legion
    Vrone - Storm Legion Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Any update on when the talent calculator will be back up? :o
  • mathaias
    mathaias Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Updates? What are those?? :p
  • Vrone - Storm Legion
    edited July 2011
    mathaias wrote: »
    Updates? What are those?? :p

idk :D just ready for it to be back up :p
    edited July 2011
    Any update on when the talent calculator will be back up? :o

this please... i really need to make a sin build for my alt T_T
  • Aesarin - Storm Legion
    Aesarin - Storm Legion Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The temptation to throw together a highly-portable flash version (for mobile devices as well as browsers) is overwhelming, but I don't want to get sued. D:

Also, I don't have enough datas. QQ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Is metroid's gun attached to his suit or is it a part of his arm?
    English Talent Calculator: http://www.aesica.net/fw
  • valzodar
    valzodar Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Any Update on the maintenance?

Been trying to get on it since I started to play...

Even though it's a F2P.... Come on.... really? Such a long downtime?
  • Aelo - Eyrda
    Aelo - Eyrda Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'm guessing it will be ready for a certain update.
  • crabclaw
    crabclaw Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, sorry guys, this is still being worked on. I can't give an ETA because there are a great deal of things being actively worked on now in regards to topics like FW's next content release and so on.

As soon as it's back up or close to being back up, I'll let everyone know.
  • Synlynn - Lionheart
    Synlynn - Lionheart Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Come on...this is too much...if you were going to take down the talent calc to get it ready for the next update you should have waited until...ahem...the next update or closer to it! :confused:
  • Midcyru - Eyrda
    Midcyru - Eyrda Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    with it being down this long i hope it starts to look like the chinese version. that one is just so smooth looking i love it even though i cant understand anything it said on it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haderon - Illyfue
    Haderon - Illyfue Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Why dont you just put the old one till new one is ready? Even with the new site layout would take few mins to do it.
  • Cheshires - Illyfue
    Cheshires - Illyfue Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    lol im so dumb for not seeing this post earlier=.= atleast i know why it didnt work so i dont have to throw my computer out of the window becuase he (or she never really asked my computer wich sides he is) wouldnt show the page ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Im not crazy,My reallity is just diffrent from yours "

Official Couch potato pirate with the mission of invading the world with madness >3
  • BringerOfL - Nyos
    BringerOfL - Nyos Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Let's just hope this is not one of the things which we will see in the next "big patch" in august.
  • mirrai
    mirrai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Why dont you just put the old one till new one is ready?

^ This, i also wondering. It's just a single page that can be copied to be edited right ? Didn't have to be taken down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Average player age on FW currently
    (0 ~ 17)23,4% - (17~20)31,2% - (21~30)19,5% - (30~40)4,7% - (70+)0,8% - (unknown)20,3%
    There were over 64 thread asking FW download and date, Currently there 28 Guild available for you
    I haven't update the information above.
    If you are wondering how to access ignore list =http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist=
  • animalized
    animalized Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This seems like just another way for them to make money from us buying talent compasses.
    I mean come on. I agree it's one page.
    Do the work and post the new page in place of the old one when its ready.
    Almost 99% of all web pages get done that way please explain why PW has to take away the one thing some people use everyday. I don't mean to complain but it just seems to be just another fail among many :( and yep just like the closed beta and the open beta leaving us in the dark about something else. If this is down until the big update next month if it doesn't get delayed like most things just think of how many people might just say if this is the way things are going to ran. what next will go wrong????? :eek::eek::eek:
  • Yin - Eyrda
    Yin - Eyrda Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    animalized wrote: »
    This seems like just another way for them to make money from us buying talent compasses.
    I mean come on. I agree it's one page.
    Do the work and post the new page in place of the old one when its ready.
    Almost 99% of all web pages get done that way please explain why PW has to take away the one thing some people use everyday. I don't mean to complain but it just seems to be just another fail among many :( and yep just like the closed beta and the open beta leaving us in the dark about something else. If this is down until the big update next month if it doesn't get delayed like most things just think of how many people might just say if this is the way things are going to ran. what next will go wrong????? :eek::eek::eek:

I'd wager based on the awful bugs and bad descriptions many more resets were caused by having the page available...
  • Rockbridge - Storm Legion
    Rockbridge - Storm Legion Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Well, I'd rather them take the time to make sure they post the CORRECT and ACCURATE talent descriptions. It seems like it took them 3 months just to fix the obvious errors on the prot tree. Also the 70+ talents better be on there as well or imma have to choke a b.
    <Honey Badger>
    Cause I don't care.
  • Praks - Eyrda
    Praks - Eyrda Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Crab, any news on when the calculator maintenance will be finished? You guys must be busy with the next game update i guess?

...oh wait! Big update in August, why bother with fixing anything else.

PS: How hard can it be to change some text, translate 5 words for each talent (hint: Google translate), maybe change some icons too? The calculator is on maintenance for more than a week now.-.-
    edited July 2011
    im really getting tired of this :( just when i need it soo bad its not avaliable QQ

yeah maybe i do whine.. but im sure not the only one..

whats exactly taking so damn long to fix anyways? :confused:
  • Aesarin - Storm Legion
    Aesarin - Storm Legion Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    PS: How hard can it be to change some text, translate 5 words for each talent (hint: Google translate), maybe change some icons too? The calculator is on maintenance for more than a week now.-.-
    I'll wager there's more than just translations that they're wrestling with; I suspect they're squashing quite a few bugs while they're at it. It wasn't the tidiest of talent calculators...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Is metroid's gun attached to his suit or is it a part of his arm?
    English Talent Calculator: http://www.aesica.net/fw
  • ohaigaise
    ohaigaise Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited July 2011

funny since a lot of people complain about the translation qualities(not specific to this game). no moar google translate plz.
  • mirrai
    mirrai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I think this was sort kind of situation where the ones that working or has responsibility for calculator page is in vacation or something and no one in office bother to take care of it since it's not their job. (which is right)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Average player age on FW currently
    (0 ~ 17)23,4% - (17~20)31,2% - (21~30)19,5% - (30~40)4,7% - (70+)0,8% - (unknown)20,3%
    There were over 64 thread asking FW download and date, Currently there 28 Guild available for you
    I haven't update the information above.
    If you are wondering how to access ignore list =http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist=
  • ibnhat
    ibnhat Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This problem will NEVER be fixed. Ever. End thread. I dare pwi to prove me wrong.
    Please use my induction code :D
    4290025X022603060005757Z3fdd21
  • Selvynn - Storm Legion
    Selvynn - Storm Legion Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    ibnhat wrote: »
    This problem will NEVER be fixed. Ever. End thread. I dare PWE to prove me wrong.

*yawn*

If you are going to troll at least get the company's name right.
  • Vrone - Storm Legion
    edited July 2011
    im really getting tired of this :( just when i need it soo bad its not avaliable QQ

yeah maybe i do whine.. but im sure not the only one..

whats exactly taking so damn long to fix anyways? :confused:

yea your not the only one xD QQ, it would be nice to actually know why the talent calc isn't back up and running again....im sure it doesn't take more than a week to fix it.