Glacial priest, "in-depth" questions.

l0k3tar
l0k3tar Posts: 2 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Priest Discussion
I say "In-depth" I really mean this isn't a "help me pick my class with little to no reference"

I'm actually looking for a couple of questions answered.

At high level (As high as is average for the current player base anyway) how dependant are they on their slows + freezes in PvP?
They seem to have quite alot of defense and self preservation style talents. Are they dependant on those cooldowns to last more than a couple of seconds against anyone or are those just emergency panic cooldowns.
I really, really don't want to end up with a "frost mage" (Sorry for wowisms I will try to keep them to a bare minimum)

My perspective of their talent tree seems to point them as a bit of a control + anti control class, is anyone able to tell me how powerful they can see them becoming? I don't want a class that has an extreme dependant on entanglements and stuns so if Glacial plays like that then I think I'll pass.

P.S I have played a darksin to level 22 and a vamp to 18 so I'm not completly new to the game, although my knowledge is obviously not quite up to par so any help is greatly appreciated.
If anyone knows of any form of database online showing class skills and cooldowns that would be greatly appreciated, it would allow me to answer 99% of my own questions without pestering people on the forum.
Post edited by l0k3tar on

Comments

• evil75
    evil75 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Well as far as high level pvp, speaking in arena terms, priest is the first one to be killed. So all the damage, slows, and all that are not used often because most of the time you are just trying to survive 2-4 people swarming you. But yes glacial does very nice damage and disables.
  • l0k3tar
    l0k3tar Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Thanks for the information, think I'll stick with the sin then. I don't really fancy a heavily disable dependant class.
  • Tsukiyo - Storm Legion
    Tsukiyo - Storm Legion Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You have a 100% slow, a snare effect (i don't know how it works since i'm not 60 on my priest) and if elf you have a stun effect 21% of the time and human has a 45% snare effect.

Human loses its effectiveness of snare by 60 when that also snares for elf. So Elf is the way to bee...

its pretty sick what a glacial priest can do... to a whole party in arena
  • Vexim - Storm Legion
    Vexim - Storm Legion Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Where's Kousou when you need him? lmao he could probably answer these. I have experienced first-hand the sadness that is to be slowed by ze glacial priest *points at Kousou* :rolleyes:
    IGN: Vexim
    Class: Divine Priest
    Race: Human
    Level: 80
    Guild: SolFlare
  • Jigglypuff - Eyrda
    Jigglypuff - Eyrda Posts: 605 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    glacials are brutal even in arena, the damn slows make me(and my party) happy that im a wind bard so i can say FU to slows for enough time to kill the damn glacial.
  • FreakyPriest - Nyos
    FreakyPriest - Nyos Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    glacials are brutal even in arena, the damn slows make me(and my party) happy that im a wind bard so i can say FU to slows for enough time to kill the damn glacial.

You're forgetting the improved manadrain AoE. Combine that with elven racial and bye bye prot/war/sin/mm mana.
  • johnbowl
    johnbowl Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You're forgetting the improved manadrain AoE. Combine that with elven racial and bye bye prot/war/sin/mm mana.

May I know which skill is the AoE mana drain? And at what level do we get it?
  • FreakyPriest - Nyos
    FreakyPriest - Nyos Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    johnbowl wrote: »
    May I know which skill is the AoE mana drain? And at what level do we get it?

Divine Judgment, it's the lvl 60 priest skill.

It applies a conviction mark to everybody it hits draining 5% of their mana every 4 secs and it lasts 20 secs. So drains 20% of your opponents mana and with Glacial talent add another 2,4k mp to the drain. In the arena with the lack of mp pots melees can be out of mana after two of those hitting them, so in longer 6vs6 battles it can really mess you up
  • Ginius - Illyfue
    Ginius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I agree, the mana drain is one of thesickest thing in arena at least against wr at least and I guess it's the same for several other classes.
    Once mana badge and racial are done, you re almost useless only able to: auto attack, trying to gather orbs with the speed of a turtle, trying to reach the manapool and die from whatever aoe/dot or any other ranged attack.

Priest and bard are targetted first not only because of their healing or CC abilities, but because of that too :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • Yi_Sheng - Nyos
    Yi_Sheng - Nyos Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i wouldnt say we heavily rely on the stuns etc. glacials have massive single target and aoe damage (which is 100% chance to slow), most of the time pvp consists of trying to survive initial stuns/sleeps etc then unleashing glacial power using prayer of frost buff that increases water damage. i can 8k crit hit ppl without having any orbs, if i survive stun process i can normally kill ppl in 2-4 hits. the stuns r just an added bonus i would say and slows r good for kiting prots n wars.
  • Spellweaver - Eyrda
    Spellweaver - Eyrda Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    if its surviving the 1st few stun than wouldnt human glacial be better due to racial , O_o ...or do the stuns matter so much
  • Yi_Sheng - Nyos
    Yi_Sheng - Nyos Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    if its surviving the 1st few stun than wouldnt human glacial be better due to racial , O_o ...or do the stuns matter so much

human racial is kinda lame imo. 5 min cd vs a prot with 4 stuns or sins who can stun and silence alot seems pointless (always been elf so just opinion). elf racial is nicer with the mana drain and immobilisation (good for running away :P)
  • Spellweaver - Eyrda
    Spellweaver - Eyrda Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    yeah but two purifies > one purify , plus you can purify using arena badges as well, not to mention human racial provides immunity for 4 secs so time it right and you wont even get hit by the prot stun and you have 4 secs of dding freedom in which you may freeze the prot in place kite away and kill him O_o

i mean you cant do **** with elf racial once a warr charges you while your kiting the prot , and if you get hit by the prot 6 sec racial stun with 4 guys on you than what ? you arent divine with the shield so i think 4 people will ensure you go down super fast

P.S im not glacial priest but still i have the right to speculate and theorycraft >: D

as a mage if i see 2 prots rushing to me ( squishy is always bait QQ ) i pop my racial and poof the prots cant do **** while i aoe freeze , run away and transform one leaving a frozen prot + 1 other guy against 3 people : p