Vampire vs. MM (need help :3)

affluent
affluent Posts: 4 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Class Discussion
Hi all,

Well, i've leveled both to around lvl 40 on Eyrda (pvp server), and can't decide which one to "main", as i don't have time to try and level up 2 chars.

My current talent trees are : Vamp=dark and MM=burst (precision til around 30)
and i may change later down the road to Inferno and Soul respectively.

If i had to choose one to level to end game (~70), which would be better if my criteria in order of importance is:
1) RPK / 1v1 ability
2) Ease of PvE/getting into parties
3) Usefulness in GvG/Arena?

I feel like burst MM's have 2/3 won hands down, but are vamps that far behind in those categories? I guess what i really want to know is how far behind are MM (end game soul/precision) in a 1v1 situation compared w/ the vamp

Thanks (i know its long read:p)

oh, side note, i like playing both :3
Post edited by affluent on

Comments

• Ashaw - Eyrda
    Ashaw - Eyrda Posts: 1,127 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I would say MM because Vamps are EVERYWHERE. well atleast in my servers. Storm now but my main is in Eydra (priest). storm is for when im bored

But a dark Vamp i think is better for 1v1, 3v3

a MM (burst) is better in 6v6 and GvG (my opinion)

MM=Long Range, Rare, people want them in most instances
    Vamp=medium range, everywhere. Not really sought after since found easily

but really its what one do you enjoy more?
    Class Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188881

Race Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=193701

They know I'm right -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3587381&postcount=43

[SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
    I dont play Ashaw anymore -_- its a boring class
  • Tsukiyo - Storm Legion
    Tsukiyo - Storm Legion Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Short:

Blood vamp: Strong Heals, good solo pve

Inferno vamp: massive dots, considered top 2 DPS

Dark Vamp: one of the top 1vs1/3vs3 class, lower dps/heal

Precision MM: PvE, no pots needed, party DPS enhancer (best for bosses)

Soul MM: Great 1vs1/3vs3 end game... nothing else

Burst MM: Best for instances and events for the best AoE DPS. 6vs6 threat and wars MVP

I don't know about vamps but MM has some good hybrids

Burst/Precision MM: (starts at 58) Best DPS for a MM and can aoe. Just very MP expensive xD

If you are doing wars, as in anything bigger than 6vs6, than burst MM will be quite fun.

However if the biggest thing you do is 6vs6 (and 3vs3 and 1vs1 more often), a dark vamp will be more fun.

HOWEVER, MM get into parties so much easier since there aren't that many. MM is one of the least played classes. Its just not as noticeable as bards since mages can replace MM... that is, if you are burst... if you are soul then you are a dead weight.
  • Jigglypuff - Eyrda
    Jigglypuff - Eyrda Posts: 605 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    its what you enjoy playing more because as you see above me both have pros and cons. and imo if youre a vamp and a good vamp ppl will know and want you in partys eventho there are so many.
  • affluent
    affluent Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    thanks for the responses.

I've narrowed it down to:
    1) leveling to 55 as burst MM and switching to Soul
    2) dark vamp all the way

in terms of 1v1/rpk/small scale pvp (considering a lvl of 60+):
    which would be better?
    and which would have more burst dmg (ability to kill 1 target in shortest time):confused:
    EDIT: the thing i'm most curious here about is the lvl 55 talent Burst of Rage ._.''
    6 bullets at one time sounds like a ridiculous amount of damage in a very short amount of time

also,
    which is better in terms of pve/instancing, i'm assuming dark vamp as Soul is really bad? for pve
    ^
    i'm planning on leveling past 55, and if it's a huuuuge drag, i don't think i would be able to do it :)

EDIT2: just realized that I "MAY" be able to level both to 55 just via dailies etc.
    any one have any insight on how long that will take? (from 45-55) just recently it slowed down a lot so i have no clue ._.
  • Ashaw - Eyrda
    Ashaw - Eyrda Posts: 1,127 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    depends. how many hours do you averagely play a day
    Class Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188881

Race Choosing Guide -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=193701

They know I'm right -
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3587381&postcount=43

[SIGPIC]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/277/1/0/ashaw_siggy_1_by_zerojigoku-d4bsgdu.png[/SIGPIC]
    I dont play Ashaw anymore -_- its a boring class
  • Tsukiyo - Storm Legion
    Tsukiyo - Storm Legion Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    MM has the highest burst damage in the game i would say.

Vamp does waaaaaaaay better in 1vs1/3vs3 because of stuns and silence.

Though i don't know about 70s since MM gets a 6 second or 11 second (i dunno if its added on to the original or just a separate effect) disarm/silence nuke attack by 70. Thats pretty lethal since a MM has 6 seconds to use his other 2 nukes (mind flaying bullet and burst of rage) so you just took 3 nukes and there is 1 second left before you can do a move again.