PvP Arena Vs Vamps

TheSprite - Lionheart
TheSprite - Lionheart Posts: 203 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Marksman Discussion
Anyone been able to get around the general OP-ness of vamps? There are two on Lionheart that I absolutely cannot beat in PvP. Stacked Evasion, both dark build. Stuns me and **** me without recourse, absolutely CANNOT kill them. There are times where we wipe out the entire other team and these vamps just 1v3 and **** us. Its brutal. I was just wondering if anyone else had run into this type of situation and could provide a bit of insight on how to deal with this. The only way I can think of countering this is to grab a high accuracy diamond prot to chain stun the vamp into obscurity. With the way things stand right now, heading into arena is a bit depressing atm. I will forever be stuck at a 1915 rating, as it seems that 1 outta two matches will be against one of these teams. Its gotten to the point where they take a random lvl 45 and still beat a well thought out and planned team.
Post edited by TheSprite - Lionheart on

Comments

• Coenna - Illyfue
    Coenna - Illyfue Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    What's your evasion?

Just get better part next time against them.
  • TheSprite - Lionheart
    edited June 2011
    Evasion is 223 atm. I know it could go up higher, but from what I've seen they all spec accuracy/evasion, so that might not work out too well. I'm not really looking for gear suggestions as I'm working towards getting more evasion (currently only have 4x lvl mistshrouds), but I'm looking for strategies. Certain skill combos that work out better etc... The only time I can actually beat some of these guys is the round where I blast off both my weakening cloud and my quick action at the same time. And even then, because of their massive hp/def I can't out dps their heals. They just wait for my evasion to wear off and then kill me. I'm thinking about team compositions and strategies that might work against vamps. The typical combo I see is Vamp War Priest. Lots of stun and lots of dps. My typical team is MM, War, Priest, but we just can't seem to win very often.
  • Tsukiyo - Storm Legion
    Tsukiyo - Storm Legion Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    if they are winning 1vs3 thats pretty bad team coordinate

Try using sins to sleep them.
  • Coenna - Illyfue
    edited July 2011
    I got 300+ evasion and most guys miss on me a lot. And you are wrong, nobody is doing accuracy build because it's useless and you need accuracy like 1,5 * your enemys evasion, so you need to have more evasion, more defense and then your survival will be great.

Change warrior to wind bard and it will be better ;)
  • TheSprite - Lionheart
    edited July 2011
    I think your last statement is pretty server biased. Quite a number of people on Lionheart are spec'ing accuracy. I had warriors hitting me through fast action 90% of the time.
  • Coenna - Illyfue
    edited July 2011
    Ask someone how many he has accuracy. Mine base accuracy is about 350. Most guys have it like 300+, those with gems 350+ and more. And i only saw one guy with 400+ accuracy and it was mm with precision build xD.
  • Tsukiyo - Storm Legion
    Tsukiyo - Storm Legion Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Acc gems are popular for getting cheap wings
  • Jigglypuff - Eyrda
    Jigglypuff - Eyrda Posts: 605 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    ask ppl that on pvp servers eva and acc are the most common thing to do for almost every class. You have to stack both high but i prefer the acc over the eva as a wind bard. MM should take both if they can
  • Day - Eyrda
    Day - Eyrda Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    vamps? no
    sins? yes

I got 300+ evasion and most guys miss on me a lot. And you are wrong, nobody is doing accuracy build because it's useless and you need accuracy like 1,5 * your enemys evasion, so you need to have more evasion, more defense and then your survival will be great.

Change warrior to wind bard and it will be better ;)

300 with fast action?
  • Coenna - Illyfue
    edited July 2011
    currently mine base evasion (gear+pet+buffs) is 314, with fast action i got +60 more evasion, so 374 for 10 secs xD
  • Abels - Lionheart
    Abels - Lionheart Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    currently mine base evasion (gear+pet+buffs) is 314, with fast action i got +60 more evasion, so 374 for 10 secs xD

Trust me what shes saying is true youre 374 eva is nothing compared to my 585 eva on dark build with swift pet buffs and stealth still i got hit by one of these vamps 100% of the time, some said that he quit cause he got caught using client hack, now the other one he does miss you just gotta get your eva up to 300+ and have 400ish acc to hit him (kame) then you'll be fine, these vamps *glitch* while they use charm strike in arena and duels its been happening alo and yes these two were the only ones that were beating me at all in the entire server as well at the time that I stopped playing. Best you can do is hit them with your weakening cloud then racial your butt out of there and hope they miss you on charm strike theyre only hard if you get them together in a party. And to kill off their HP you gotta have someone in party that can stun.. and yes i know i know.. you miss me in the arena xD If you got yoruself, a bard and a glacial priest mabye lol if they spam Ice blade on PoF for s.ow/stun effect then have your bard zzzzzzzzzzz when needed and then have you RoF spam on orbs and you should be good. The wars on the server are pretty easy to deal with so im not sure whos giving you issues prob Drazil but if you have a bard and elf that are both elves then you can just Racial the vamp/war and they wont be able to do much of anything. You gotta time your Invigorate and dont waste it when they feast you wait for them to stun you then use it as with feast they'll still be in range for you to attack. With stun you wont be able to move or attack so use it then to dispell their stun and get some distance.

@ Coenna if "no one" is stacking acc on your server then they're all ******* no offense...
  • TheSprite - Lionheart
    edited July 2011
    I'm up to 293 evasion now including pet and priest buffs and I'm still getting hit like 90% of the time without fast action by most of the top players. Most of the top players have a significant amount of accuracy though, so evasion is becoming more and more difficult. Thankfully, when I reduce accuracy by 224 with my weakening cloud, its a 12 second window where no one on my team gets hit. Its my only consolation. As an edit to my previous statement though, I think vamps are still OP, but I no longer complain as I feel that MM's are OP in 6v6.
  • Coenna - Illyfue
    edited July 2011
    @Abels - Lionheart don't compare your sin to my mm cuz it's useless and guys on my server
    use gems for accuracy; but it's pointless to fight someone who put 4k $$ for making his char; don't worry they will nerf most OP skills in next patch xD
  • Cutitarul - Illyfue
    Cutitarul - Illyfue Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You are wrong, Coenna im seeing more and more ppl stacking accuracy gems lately.
    And a strong proof to that,is the fact that prices in AH went up like crazy in the last 2-3 weeks, i mean, some 3 weeks ago you could get acc gems lvl I even under 1 g in AH, and this low price was the same for months, while now the same gems costs between 3 and 4 gold - buyout. I put two eagle eye I in AH yesterday for 3 g each , and sold them in less than 2 hours.
    Cutitarul - venom assassin - Engage Guild
    LVL 63 now, GM fix my avatar
  • Ginius - Illyfue
    Ginius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You are wrong, Coenna im seeing more and more ppl stacking accuracy gems lately.

This is exactly what she said :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • Spellweaver - Eyrda
    Spellweaver - Eyrda Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    acc has become a very popular sharding , and whoever doesnt do it after 50+ is well ... stupid or he has precise on all gears 300ish accuracy is a must have with all the eva builds roaming around its very popular on Eyrda , we get alot of WTB Eagle III x 4 pm me .. kinda wcs

@ Sprite try reducing accuracy via pet blind II skill ,it reduces accuracy by 24% for 10 secs im not sure if its a 100% hit rate for pet or not

also get some1 to try and disable them , like a fire mage with CD on transform or a prot to stun them in place or wind bard for sleep

if its still not working than compare the amount of money they spent in this game with the amount you spent xD
  • TheSprite - Lionheart
    edited July 2011
    @Spellweaver, I have blind on my pvp pet but the unfortunate fact is that the pets tend to die pretty quickly in pvp (esp if there is a feast or an aoer). I've gotten to the point where I'm able to hold my own against 95% of vamps in the game. I'm actually pretty much over my issues about vampires. Right now its just individual players and team building that makes the biggest issue at this point.