Does Storm server seem

crudelewd
crudelewd Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Storm Legion (PvE East)
Like it's in its last throes or something? It seems like hardly any one is on any more...for days now; the same couple people spamming world chat...can't even get parties for simple things like LCS.

Your thoughts? :confused:
Post edited by crudelewd on

Comments

• nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    crudelewd wrote: »
    Like it's in its last throes or something? It seems like hardly any one is on any more...for days now; the same couple people spamming world chat...can't even get parties for simple things like LCS.

probably people been busy with finals and real life. it is a game so people can take days off from gaming
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • FuzzyHamster - Storm Legion
    FuzzyHamster - Storm Legion Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Everyone's hitting 60 and getting bored. =(
  • thaillia
    thaillia Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    When I log into the server-... there are 8 realms and Trade... how does that figure into LFG? and/or getting groups.

Novice myself; just started a few days ago and notice there are damn few recruitinig and/or running things.

Every mentor god trial I do is 50+ and not too many to begin with.

Maybe the game is boring as **** and I just don't know it yet at level 25
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    thaillia wrote: »
    When I log into the server-... there are 8 realms and Trade... how does that figure into LFG? and/or getting groups.

Novice myself; just started a few days ago and notice there are damn few recruitinig and/or running things.

Every mentor god trial I do is 50+ and not too many to begin with.

Maybe the game is boring as **** and I just don't know it yet at level 25

well tbh most people that play are already 50+ and most don't bother with mentor mode or pugging it and just go with guild members.
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • Kantaryo - Storm Legion
    Kantaryo - Storm Legion Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    crudelewd wrote: »

Yep it is, I quitted way back because it was getting way boring, now it is still boring so I am uninstalling the game and moving back to WOW
    "Someone who never met God on Earth, would never meet Him in space".

Yuri Gagarin

=======================================
    I am the Sebestimator
  • Tae - Storm Legion
    Tae - Storm Legion Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I wouldn't say the server is dead, although it's slowly getting there.

It's the same... 300-400 people doing their dailies/instances all the time, then you have the 20-30 new people who play and get bored within a week and quit.

And then slowly those 300-400 get bored and begin to quit, it's not exploding because a lot of people expected open world PvP/PK and they don't have it, and the arena system is a failure upon failures, so....

Yeah, we're bored and not doing much.

Edit: Just to clarify before wannabe trolls attempt to stress the difference between PvP/PvE: Every other PWI game has PK flagging on their PvE servers.
  • _jhen_ - Storm Legion
    _jhen_ - Storm Legion Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i think the game is dying.
  • DoggyLeg - Storm Legion
    DoggyLeg - Storm Legion Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    1.) OaC x 5
    2.) Dailies
    3.) Wait for 2hrs for 4 matches on arena que
    4.) GTFO

(s)I wonder why activity rates are dropping so much when there is so much fun to be had o.o(/s)
  • Morgueanna - Lionheart
    Morgueanna - Lionheart Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I wouldn't say the server is dead, although it's slowly getting there.

It's the same... 300-400 people doing their dailies/instances all the time, then you have the 20-30 new people who play and get bored within a week and quit.

And then slowly those 300-400 get bored and begin to quit, it's not exploding because a lot of people expected open world PvP/PK and they don't have it, and the arena system is a failure upon failures, so....

Yeah, we're bored and not doing much.

Edit: Just to clarify before wannabe trolls attempt to stress the difference between PvP/PvE: Every other PWI game has PK flagging on their PvE servers.

If I could offer a noob's point of view? *waves* I just stopped by your server forum because I've been trying the game out for a few days and am shopping around looking for a good server to play on.

From my perspective, it seems that newbies like myself are ignored and shrugged off. There's very little social interaction in this MMO anyway- no regional chat, and who wants to waste a flute on just saying hello?

No guilds want to waste time on new players, as someone posted above. Yet, if you don't extend that helping hand and socialization, what is going to keep me interested? If no one wants to play with me, what is the point of playing an MMO?

By the time I reach level 40 or whatever magic number you decree satisfying to enter your guild, what have I learned or accomplished as a solo player? You better hope I've got extensive MMO experience or you're going to be talking me through builds, instance runs, loot sharing and everything else.

There are guides available for this game but there is soooo much stuff that's not discussed. How does the loot table work in instances? How do guild banks work in this game? Hundreds of little things that make me look dumb because I didn't have anyone to mentor me through the game.

I like this game so far. It's fairly well designed and the dailies make it easy for me to find something to do when I sign in. But it's also been pretty lonely and intimidating. Having to look up every silly little thing, or find a higher level player and ask and hopefully they'll answer back.

If I have to level to 40 with no one to talk to, I may quit too. So I guess the TLDR version of this is: if you want the lowbies to stick around, maybe invite the ones that can string a sentence together to be probationary guild members. Add them to your friends' list. Run a lowbie instance with them. Because the starting areas are high deserts for intellect my friend.
This discussion has been closed.