dance teaching quest bugged?

Xsasukex - Storm Legion
Xsasukex - Storm Legion Posts: 1,568 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
so.. a guildie got the scroll to teach dance to ppl.. we formed a party and the guildie started dancing, and i got the quest.. after a while my guildies quest finished and said ''succeded'' but my quest is still there and doesnt want to finish.. i tried re-logging, i tried using observation, we tried to stand in front of the dancer in SoO but still nothing.. my quest is still in my quest list after roughly 30min.. this is what it looks like:

danceu.png

did this happen to someone else? is it a bugg or is it just me? do you gotta do something we didnt? anybody knows?

Edit: its prolly cuz im not lvl5 socialite yet i alrdy figured out
Post edited by Xsasukex - Storm Legion on
[SIGPIC]http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7664/xsasukex.jpg[/SIGPIC]
xSasukex | 75 | Elemental | Warrior (retired)
CuteNDeadly | 66 | Venom | Assassin <Naholdir's Princess>

Comments

• Rhythem - Lionheart
    Rhythem - Lionheart Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    D; aweee..

I can't even learn the dance from the NPC in towerpush and im Socialite lvl 6.

>_<
    <Forever with Fullmetal>

Yes, my girlfriend is using a male character.
    Yes, we are both female. :3
    Problem?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Rhythem - Lvl 80 Bard
  • Naryia - Storm Legion
    Naryia - Storm Legion Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    can u teach me :D i've been trying to get the dance action for 3 days now.. that NPC is really mean!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Light Bard
    Feel the music!!
  • ZeroBuster - Lionheart
    ZeroBuster - Lionheart Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    D; aweee..

>_<

Ill teach u Rhythem <3
  • Epithet - Lionheart
    Epithet - Lionheart Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Yea, the NPC is a real *****!!! I have been trying to learn for three days too, I fail every time.

And, it could possibly be a bug, sasuke.
  • Naryia - Storm Legion
    edited May 2011
    Im thinking it really is a bug especially since i failed again today.. talk about how lame that is lol..
    speaking of which: Zero, dont u have a toon on storm to teach me too? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Light Bard
    Feel the music!!
  • KillerGIL - Eyrda
    KillerGIL - Eyrda Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    D; aweee..

>_<

same thing here. day of fail @ dance
  • Aritaku - Lionheart
    Aritaku - Lionheart Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The same thing happened to me and a guildie.
    I tried to teach him to dance my part of the quest said that it had succeeded and I had taught that party member to dance but his quest was still there......
  • stupidfans
    stupidfans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    o.O! it has to be a pt of 2 ppl..

the teacher gtta be pt lead.. then he uses the scroll.. and both gets quest..

THEN.. he dances IN FRONT of the "student" and he can either.. learn it.. or not learn it.. im not sure..

but i did it to my alt.. and it worked fine..

i even broke pt once by mistake.. and my alt still had the quest to learn to dance..

so i just remade the pt.. and made my main dance for my alt.. and my alt got dancing scroll..

and my alt is lvl 3 Socialite too.. so u can teach it to any1..
  • Zandiya - Storm Legion
    Zandiya - Storm Legion Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Likewise I was able to teach my low level alt how to dance also.

Sadly now I keep failing at obtaining more teacher scrolls -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kyrulx
    kyrulx Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    A guildmate was having problems. Finally managed to teach it properly after like 6-7 attempts at dancing, so it does work eventually.
  • ZeroBuster - Lionheart
    ZeroBuster - Lionheart Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Im thinking it really is a bug especially since i failed again today.. talk about how lame that is lol..
    speaking of which: Zero, dont u have a toon on storm to teach me too? :D

:3 aww im sry Naryia i dont have <3
  • FuzzyHamster - Storm Legion
    FuzzyHamster - Storm Legion Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Mine is bugged as well. My friend got the scroll and we partied up with him as lead. He danced for like 10min until my quest turned green and his said succeeded. Now it's just stuck there and I never got the scroll. :confused:
  • Naryia - Storm Legion
    edited May 2011
    Finally got the dance scroll.. As for the teaching part its totally bugged (asked some ppl in game and they had the same problems) im guessing it will get fixed with the next patch or something!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Light Bard
    Feel the music!!
  • Earthgirl - Storm Legion
    Earthgirl - Storm Legion Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I've been to the dance tutor every day since the update.

Still waiting to learn the action.

Must be another one of PWI's insanely low drop rates.

Oh well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LvL 90. Fix the avatars please.
  • Jadedsoul - Lionheart
    Jadedsoul - Lionheart Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    If you dance for several min and it hasnt completed have the party lead/teacher log out ( or just go like your changing realms) once they log back in have them dance it should complete the quest
  • Ravaque - Eyrda
    Ravaque - Eyrda Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    If you dance for several min and it hasnt completed have the party lead/teacher log out ( or just go like your changing realms) once they log back
    in have them dance it should complete the quest

Unfortunetly that doesnt work. Im so frustrated with this at this point. Npc wont give me after what 8 days. Had a friend try to teach me and quest bugged as original OP said. Tried logout method nothing. Ended up cancelling quest and trying 24hrs later now I cant even get the quest again if someone teaches me, Nothing the teach quest will not comeback up now for me no matter what we tried.

Tried with both of us getting socialite quest and all that first, tried everyway imaginable this is glitched beyond belief.....

Are we even sure that every class/race even has dance implimented?? Im completly over this.
  • ElleMuffin - Lionheart
    ElleMuffin - Lionheart Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    If you are teaching dance to someone does the person learning have to be socialite 5+ or no? o-o
    Name:ElleMuffin
    Class:Marksgal
    Race:Female Dwarf
    Level:5X
    <Fairey's Princess>
    "Man is immortal; therefore he must die endlessly. For life is a creative idea; it can only find itself in changing form"
  • Ravaque - Eyrda
    Ravaque - Eyrda Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    If you are teaching dance to someone does the person learning have to be socialite 5+ or no? o-o

Someone said earlier in thread I believe that they taught a Level3

Ironically it seem like a huge portion of the people having issues are level6 like myself.

Its def broken and something wrong yet some people are able to make it work on occasion
  • Siegel - Lionheart
    Siegel - Lionheart Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    im envy of u guys.. u can dance and wow can even teach.. i cant even learn the dance action until today.. :(
  • Earthgirl - Storm Legion
    Earthgirl - Storm Legion Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Another day, another failure to learn the action.

Considering I have been every day , I'm sure it must be fatally bugged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LvL 90. Fix the avatars please.
  • ElleMuffin - Lionheart
    ElleMuffin - Lionheart Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Well, from what I know that a few friends have told me. It isn't exactly bugged, maybe glitched. It just takes a lot of patience and time in order for the teaching to undergo properly. Because I know one person who had to stop and restart about 3 times in a 10 minute span and the person he was teaching finally got the scroll. While, another person I know didn't restart and kept dancing for nearly an hour til the person got the scroll @[email protected]
    Name:ElleMuffin
    Class:Marksgal
    Race:Female Dwarf
    Level:5X
    <Fairey's Princess>
    "Man is immortal; therefore he must die endlessly. For life is a creative idea; it can only find itself in changing form"
  • stupidfans
    stupidfans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    its not bugged.. i got both.. my action and my scroll to teach it on same day..

and i'v failed to get the scroll to teach the dance the next 3 days i tryed..

i guess its just luck XD
  • Artaus - Storm Legion
    Artaus - Storm Legion Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    the logging out solution works. It just doesn't work each and every time. I had to try three times (log out and then dance again) but it finally worked.
  • XKitty - Nyos
    XKitty - Nyos Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    the logging out solution works. It just doesn't work each and every time. I had to try three times (log out and then dance again) but it finally worked.

This one worked for us as well c:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kyrulx
    kyrulx Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Has anyone had the problem where the teacher's quest says the teaching is successful and completes, but the student still has the quest?

I've tried fiddling with multiple dance attempts/relogs/etc, nothing seems to work...
  • Xsasukex - Storm Legion
    Xsasukex - Storm Legion Posts: 1,568 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    kyrulx wrote: »
    Has anyone had the problem where the teacher's quest says the teaching is successful and completes, but the student still has the quest?

I've tried fiddling with multiple dance attempts/relogs/etc, nothing seems to work...

the person teaching you got to re-log, well not exactly re-log, but exit to the character screen then log back in while you stay in the party, then start dancing again and it will succeed
    [SIGPIC]http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7664/xsasukex.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    xSasukex | 75 | Elemental | Warrior (retired)
    CuteNDeadly | 66 | Venom | Assassin <Naholdir's Princess>
  • Newbfever - Eyrda
    Newbfever - Eyrda Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    ok.. i was trying to teach friend to dance, and we partied i started to dance right next to my friend and it took my scroll gave me the quest, and said quest failed is this normal?...
  • shisou1
    shisou1 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i have 1 month now and nothing beed there every day and stode in front of that b .. and didn learn nothing
  • Nator - Lionheart
    Nator - Lionheart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I got dance but how do I pass the Dance Judge test?? he told me

You called that dancing

I got the Money making quest from Pierre I suppose its 1 per day.
  • Roselynn - Lionheart
    Roselynn - Lionheart Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Odd because every single time I've done it, it has worked. On all three of my alts as well as my main. I think that if the quest is red that means it'll take a few days but don't quote me on it. I had to dance for 15 minutes this morning to try and help a guildie get it so I think it may be bugging out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll change my siggy weekly to all of them I got! <3
    RoseLynn ~ 80 Tank Light Bard (New Leader of Pride!)
    SashaFerro ~ 66 Glacial Priest