Alt AFK in instance = botting

KillerGIL - Eyrda
KillerGIL - Eyrda Posts: 238 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Suggestion Box
GM please do something about:

ppl bringing ALt chars into GL or GT
ppl remaining afk until the end and then just roll for the gem after doing no work

and you canNOT kick them if theyre party leader. and even if you start a vote they have 2 votes so you cant kick them.

1. they take up a slot and are afk meaning youre 1 person less on damage or healing
2. the person is abusing the system to level a char while away, or leveling 2 chars at once. thats like botting.
3. the person is abusing the system to get a bigger % chance to get the gem (god trials)

ive seen it done before but now its ALMOST every GT and GL party someone has an afk char there.

heres a pic of them doing it today.

i removed names cause I know its against the rules to post names up but I kept the names on my own personal screenshot.

this has to be dealt with. People should not abuse the system.

instanceafk.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the arrow on the top was the part leader and his afk was the bottom one. he would move around after every pillar was done and put him in a dif place away from the pillar with the active monsters.
Post edited by KillerGIL - Eyrda on

Comments

• KillerGIL - Eyrda
    edited June 2011
    i know i forgot to remove my name at the top left corner but thats my new char taking the photo so it should be ok.

if i have to level my alt MYSELF. everyone else should too, without cheating
  • Abstina - Lionheart
    Abstina - Lionheart Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Theres not much you can do atm. and I dont think its going to count as botting. they arent using any bot script from what it sounds like. Just having thier own alt in a party when they PUG.

so heres the deal. If they are using two diffrent computers, you cant really do ****. Cause like you said even if you go to kick them out they'll vote no.

Now, if they're running 2 clients on the same computer. on Perfect world you could have them banned. However, atm to the best of my knowledge there is No Offical ruling about Multi Clienting on one computer. Just a mention that at some point they probally would make a ruling on it.

lots of people want an inactive rule where after X amount of of being idle you need to answer something or just get booted out automatically. But heres the thing, with what you described even then you'd be sunk. Cause they were moving their character a little each pilliar.

So the better option would be Majority rules votes. meaning even if one person votes to stay, they'd still get thrown out. if more than half the team agreed of course.
  • Patty_ - Eyrda
    Patty_ - Eyrda Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Well, I have nothing against these people multiclienting, leveling 100 chars at once or whatever. But once two guys make a party with 2 of their alts and then are idle in the middle of GT, I am the one who has to burn more MP potions, spend more time inside, coins on repairs and get more lionheart scrolls. Then I really do mind. Simple rule which would forbid this could help, I'd just make a vid and report them. Ban and end of story.

Improving votes for kick could help too.

Combination of the these two things sounds like acceptable solution.

Edit: something similar happened to me today in evening GT, of course I couldnt even suggest kick, because I was the one odd, the others were from one guild and two of their people (I think alts) were afk whole time.

If they want to do this, why do I have to suffer for coming late to GT and having to pug.

3-rage-face.png
  • Rhythem - Lionheart
    Rhythem - Lionheart Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    :/ This happens to me alot as well.

I vote for majority rules in Party voting.
    <Forever with Fullmetal>

Yes, my girlfriend is using a male character.
    Yes, we are both female. :3
    Problem?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Rhythem - Lvl 80 Bard
  • dakshinray1974
    dakshinray1974 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Firstly I wanna start of by say I am 100% against people afking in any instance and it does need to stop but...

Now, if they're running 2 clients on the same computer. on Perfect world you could have them banned. However, atm to the best of my knowledge there is No Offical ruling about Multi Clienting on one computer. Just a mention that at some point they probally would make a ruling on it.

On the above quoted point if you look in the Q&A or Help section of PWI it clearly says...

Knowledge Base
    Perfect World Entertainment > Games > Perfect World International > Is using a multi-client allowed?

Yes, using multi-client on a computer is allowed. However, only two accounts are allowed to be connected simultaneously per person.
    Rating: ( 39 Votes)
    Was this answer helpful?
  • KillerGIL - Eyrda
    edited June 2011
    Firstly I wanna start of by say I am 100% against people afking in any instance and it does need to stop but...

On the above quoted point if you look in the Q&A or Help section of PWI it clearly says...

Knowledge Base
    Perfect World Entertainment > Games > Perfect World International > Is using a multi-client allowed?

Yes, using multi-client on a computer is allowed. However, only two accounts are allowed to be connected simultaneously per person.
    Was this answer helpful?

yeah but im sure they dont mean messing up someones GL or GT run with your alt char afk in an instance. so that you can LVL up, not participate, AND have more % chance for the gem at the end.
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited June 2011

Knowledge Base

Was this answer helpful?

PWI and FW are 2 different games with different rules. The above rule applies only on PWI (for example, as far as I remember, on BOI you are allowed to have up to 3 clients running at the same time) thus is insignificant here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KillerGIL - Eyrda
    edited June 2011
    get it daily
  • KillerGIL - Eyrda
    edited June 2011
    I would at least like to know from a GM if this issue is being at least looked into. Since there are a few posts about it and many people agree. di admins even look @ these posts? cuz i rarely see them post back.
  • Zypii - Storm Legion
    Zypii - Storm Legion Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Yep its True you can BOT on FW.

When you go to log out of the game look in the bottom
    right hand corner of the Exit window. Text if I remember right says;
    'Do you want to start a BOT? press the 'H' key for more info.'

Its good that FW has world flutes, so we all are not burdened
    with BOTs SPAMMING the world chat.
    But having world flutes is even worse because now we'll start getting
    personal IM/guild BOT SPAM! ( theres more than one kind of BOT ;) )

I agree there should be soemthing done about
    Alt. Instance/Dungeon AFK exploits. By FIRST putting a <*alt*>
    text Title above a BOTS/ALTS. head. & Second making it Impossible
    for a BOT/ALT. to even enter in a Instance or Dungeon etc.
    This incls. Normal & Advanced Training grounds as well.

• liam1122
    liam1122 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I have started to leave if its happening, as has been said why waste your time the one thats afk and done nothing always seems to get the gem.

Something has to be done about it!

I am sure we could just click on them and report them for hacking if they get enough reports they will end up being banned!
  • Zenyiima - Storm Legion
    Zenyiima - Storm Legion Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Yep its True you can BOT on FW.

When you go to log out of the game look in the bottom
    right hand corner of the Exit window. Text if I remember right says;
    'Do you want to start a BOT? press the 'H' key for more info.'

Actually, that "BOT" link is meant to teleport you to the advance training ground so you can "afk exp" there.
  • Asayo - Storm Legion
    Asayo - Storm Legion Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'm with you guys and people afking during GT especially NC in the 2nd to last room with the scales. I was in a GT last night I was the squad leader and I was going to kick an AFK player will I hit the wrong butten making me leave the squad when my boyfriend said that the leader was the AFK person I just told them to leave the squad have that person not get the exp. But if I'm in a GT with lvl 50+ players then I go afk a lot because I can't handle those mobs :p and they won't care as long as I say <afk>

Wish people would think this one thing 'HM! I go afk in GT I'll get exp but I have the chances of getting kicked...' What do they do... AFK! Without telling *sarcastic*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadedsoul - Lionheart
    Jadedsoul - Lionheart Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    PWI and FW are 2 different games with different rules. The above rule applies only on PWI (for example, as far as I remember, on BOI you are allowed to have up to 3 clients running at the same time) thus is insignificant here.

Difference is Crabclaw has a post in regards to mult-clienting in BOI http://boi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=835411&postcount=1 -If they have it to only one client is gaining active exp as their rule for BOI

Jade Dynasty rule- http://jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4141092&postcount=1 so yeah lets not have ppl abusing what they already know PWE has for other games or they will just make things even harder on those of us with legit multiple pc's in the house.
  • yosutoru
    yosutoru Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Afk in mentor mode Gt when player is low lv is ok because he/she wont deal any dmg.
    Party gets bufs for mentor so its ok i think.

I hate when party leader afk in GL whole instance and noone can kick him/her. Same in GT when leader is afk and its not low lv. There should be something like voting to change party leader (only 5 persons vote, not actual leader) and later if person who had lead before and was afk all the time can be normaly kicked. This will stop problems
  • Endless_XIII - Storm Legion
    Endless_XIII - Storm Legion Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    instanceafk.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm pretty sure no ones meantioned this yet since its all been about duel box/clients so far but... How can anyone do anything about anyone if you mark out their names? All we see are arrows going from blank names to what are now anonymous characters.

I'm pretty sure duel boxing is ok, dont know about clients but as long as the alts doing at least a basic attack and not stone afk I really dont have a problem with it as long as theirs some measure of help
  • KillerGIL - Eyrda
    edited June 2011
    because I dont want to get banned from forums for posting peoples names or whatever. I do however have the names written down as well as the original pic saved in my folder.
  • KillerGIL - Eyrda
    edited June 2011
    the first party leader is using his alt afk char and just standing there. once again could NOT kick since the party leader was the guy who brought his alt. and as a vamp, even if u can't do dmg u should at least be healing. he didnt heal or collect the purple stones or anything just sat there. but yeah best believe he did ROLL for the gem at the end. i should shout his name out for being a f-
  • Nefertari - Storm Legion
    Nefertari - Storm Legion Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I am online lots and active in GT. Yes it happens and might result in more work.

First of all..its a game..why always force own likings on others...???

I hear a lot ..they should... they must ...

It's after all a game.. we learn from adjusting to different behavior and we can learn to
    find other solutions but yelling for the whip of banishment

If one comes late to GT ..well ..unfortunate things happen.. thats life..
    be happy to have made it and enjoy GT

If you do the whole job alone..stick to melee and forget your pots..as soon the others stay too long in instance they get active

There will be no solution in sharing gems with others..but the heck..if i dont get one today..i get one next day..

and in GL..everyone gets a gem

I usually just see people standing around in Mentor AGT, what means they are too low anyhow to make serious damage and for that should go for crystals.

So please cool down and get creative about problems
  • Yilane - Illyfue
    Yilane - Illyfue Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Well i know the frustration of people who go afk without telling annyone, and then having a guildy of them in party so y cant kick them. Or even worse they kick you for complaining... I can agree that as long as yr the low lv in a mentor gt there isnt realy much problems as long as you tell the rest. Though i think that people should have manners and tell they're afk or help fighting even if it doesnt rly matter dmg wise.
    And ofcource in a gt all the afkers suddenly find the roll button at the end, and that is what they should do something about:(

for gl the same things apply, have manners people yr not playing on yr own island
  • ralstin01
    ralstin01 Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    guess im lucky havent seen any actual 'botters' lol

but we got to watch out for witch hunting

i was in a game where a crazy-head thought there was a botter in the GT and screamed for everyone to kick him out.... then the so called botter wasnt a bot, but a Dc'd that came a couple minutes back into the game and everything was cool.....
  • Yin - Eyrda
    Yin - Eyrda Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I hope I PUG GIL into my party so I can kick him like I kick the BRs or anyone else that complains lol.
  • Abstina - Lionheart
    Abstina - Lionheart Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    On multi box/Multi client. Yes i think about every PWI game has no issue with Multi Boxing. Different computer, different account. Makes it impossible to tell if its one or two people playing to start. So Its left alone to not make life harder for those sharing computers on one connection.
    I was talking about those who Multi Client, and run more than one account on One Computer. Most games have a set rule as others have stated. atm tho the last I heard from Crab on FW's Policy is, there is no policy yet.

If anyone has an official rulling that says otherwise on Forsaken world, Not pertaining to the other games please let me know and link me. :3
  • DestinyUnknown - Storm Legion
    DestinyUnknown - Storm Legion Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I am online lots and active in GT. Yes it happens and might result in more work.

First of all..its a game..why always force own likings on others...???

I hear a lot ..they should... they must ...

It's after all a game.. we learn from adjusting to different behavior and we can learn to
    find other solutions but yelling for the whip of banishment

If one comes late to GT ..well ..unfortunate things happen.. thats life..
    be happy to have made it and enjoy GT

If you do the whole job alone..stick to melee and forget your pots..as soon the others stay too long in instance they get active

There will be no solution in sharing gems with others..but the heck..if i dont get one today..i get one next day..

and in GL..everyone gets a gem

I usually just see people standing around in Mentor AGT, what means they are too low anyhow to make serious damage and for that should go for crystals.

So please cool down and get creative about problems

1. Its a game & if they cant play the content or keep up with the run for w.e reason, then is they who need to adapt not make others pay for it. It is not a quality of behaviour I wish to stoop low to adapt~ accept~ or condone.

2. As these are daily quests & numerous repeat offenders~ the expense both in coin & frustration for the ACTUAL players grows.

3. Some players work hard for what they have & to tell the to take the "tomorrow is a new day approach," is no longer working ~ once players eyes are opened that their time & money is being abused every day, if not in one run then another~ yah we all have our limits . Ignorance is bliss, being played as a fool mmm not soo much.

4. GL yes all get a gem, but if u have 2 players there both committing the same BS, they are walking out with an 8gplus box for each their toons for half the work, while healers & other classes spend 1-2 g in pots & food to pick up the slack... How is that ok? I am suppose to smile as they walk out making money at my expense?
    Sorry, Im a player not a charity.

It is not one party a day in which this happens. There is at least one in every GT/GL squad these days.

As to the non damaging low levels in gt. Yah~ they can throw their backs into it & tag along when not picking crystals to show appreciation to the others who are using pots n time to give them the opportunity at EZ EXTRA exp.
    If they are not there to pick the crystals to their max, then they should register for regular mode, & let someone more team orientated have the slot. There is no shortage of low levels seeking mentor. Please dont bring up mentor points, they truely have zero value, just as the extra crit rate. We dont need them to get the run done. They do however need us for extra exp at half the time & cost.

Again as you stated it is a game... afk equals NOT PLAYING THE CONTENT. It is offensive to ask the players to suck it up for the moochers. If it continues you have a decline in party que, making it tougher for live players to have enough options to get their game played in the time they may have to login~ resulting in players quitting.
    The party que was suppose to help active players not be exploited by afk alts or moochers.

We can make the management aware of the abuse, & even make a few SGST, but at the end of the day we cant solve it ourselves. We need them to step in & help sort it out. They wrote the programs (or have contact with those who did) they have better idea of what will, & will not work to make it a bit more friendly to active at the keyboard players.