Notice: NO ROLLBACK - also, info about bans

11415161719

Comments

  • Valukar - Eyrda
    Valukar - Eyrda Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    SupportStaff28: I've just spoken with my colleagues and we are still checking each of the accounts that were affected by this bug. Your account will be unbanned once this process has been completed. I apologize for the inconvenience.


    Me: (trying to speed up process for my account)

    SupportStaff28: Unfortunately we need to go through this process. We are working through it as quickly as we can, and will do our best to get you back in-game as soon as possible.



    So yeah theres nothing we can say that will speed things up..... have fun waiting

    Hahahaha called it.
  • kyrulx
    kyrulx Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    crabclaw wrote: »
    Ok - for everyone with questions/concerns about your ban, you'll need to submit a ticket to customer support. Support for bans can't be offered over the forums, so if you want answers about anything ban related, the ticketing system is your best option.

    Can we get any kind of general status on the bans? Did they already ban everyone that needs to be banned, and unban everyone they think should've been unbanned?
  • joeytheguy
    joeytheguy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    humm...

    I think this ban was just to make things difficult for

    exploiters until they investigate, since it was weekend+holiday they will start

    working on it today (i think), plus a lot of ppl exploited on that stuff not to

    mention gem exploiters too...

    Prolly will take 1-3 weeks for them to go through all logs to check the veracity on

    ppl claims, then they will decide to:

    a)unban
    b)tempban x days
    c)permaban

    Cant imagine this happening anytime soon, you guys better prepare for 1 month +

    without playing the game because they have no hurry by the looks of it...
  • wjzwjz
    wjzwjz Posts: 11
    edited May 2011
    joeytheguy wrote: »
    humm...

    I think this ban was just to make things difficult for

    exploiters until they investigate, since it was weekend+holiday they will start

    working on it today (i think), plus a lot of ppl exploited on that stuff not to

    mention gem exploiters too...

    Prolly will take 1-3 weeks for them to go through all logs to check the veracity on

    ppl claims, then they will decide to:

    a)unban
    b)tempban x days
    c)permaban

    Cant imagine this happening anytime soon, you guys better prepare for 1 month +

    without playing the game because they have no hurry by the looks of it...


    :eek::eek: *Wet Pant*

    if that happens it is definitly not worth waiting anymore.

    lol
  • stevemcquark
    stevemcquark Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'm thoroughly disappointed in PWE's ability to handle this situation. People who blatantly abused the bug had their accounts unbanned after a mere 1-2 days, and then went right back to selling cats/gems. While people who didn't even get any cats, or who had a cat gifted to them, remain banned 4 days later. PWE staff, I ask you, where is the logic in that?
  • mettabi
    mettabi Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The logic is very simple. Those accounts that were unbanned the next day or two, have spent at least certain $$$ on ZEN.

    Accounts that have not spent any ZEN will be on the waiting burner. Don't expect to be unbanned for another week.
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    mettabi wrote: »
    The logic is very simple. Those accounts that were unbanned the next day or two, have spent at least certain $$$ on ZEN.

    Accounts that have not spent any ZEN will be on the waiting burner. Don't expect to be unbanned for another week.

    knowing PWE thats very probable that they did that...sad that its come to this that we expect f2p game companies to be corrupted with greed
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

    IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin


    One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • joeycomedian
    joeycomedian Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    knowing PWE thats very probable that they did that...sad that its come to this that we expect f2p game companies to be corrupted with greed

    I wish... i spent like 70$ on this game and I'm still banned.. don't jump to conclusion without any proof plz
  • stevemcquark
    stevemcquark Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    knowing PWE thats very probable that they did that...sad that its come to this that we expect f2p game companies to be corrupted with greed

    Everyone gets corrupted by greed. The only reason F2P game companies are so lax about issues like this, is the fact that there's nothing tying players to their game. Who cares if they lose a few people, especially when those people don't spend money on your game. P2P games have better staffing, and act on problems more judiciously because if they don't, they lose money every single time. If this problem occurred in any P2P game, I can guarantee the people who were banned unfairly, would have been among the first to be unbanned. Because if they're not playing, the company is losing money.
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I wish... i spent like 70$ on this game and I'm still banned.. don't jump to conclusion without any proof plz

    maybe they're unbanning those that sold them their body parts first for zen and then going to those that sold their cars, children, spouses/girlfriends/boyfriends, then unbanning those that paid money
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

    IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin


    One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • stevemcquark
    stevemcquark Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    maybe they're unbanning those that sold them their body parts first for zen and then going to those that sold their cars, children, spouses/girlfriends/boyfriends, then unbanning those that paid money

    You forgot about those people who sold PWE their souls.
  • mettabi
    mettabi Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I wish... i spent like 70$ on this game and I'm still banned.. don't jump to conclusion without any proof plz

    Oh there are proofs. All the people on my server that were unbanned the next day or 2, have pumped in at least $150 or more.
  • joeytheguy
    joeytheguy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i dont want to be mean but...

    Do you guys honestly think it will be finished in 1 week??

    come on we have 7 realms, we dont know for sure how many realms were affected, and the exploit on cats was at least on 2 realms spammed on World Chat (as far as i know) for everyone to try, most did the core account and tried to exchange for the cat, but oops error and someone just saw that he got the cat without expending tokens, then it was a cat party where ppl was getting tons of cat for selling, for getting better ratings pets, gifting their friends, competing against guild mates to see who got the best rating cat, and the list of desires was being fulfilled by this cat invasion.

    Truth be told, a lot of ppl abused without restrain because ppl were spamming on world chat that a rollback was about to start and bla bla...

    Imo i was expecting an emergencial maintenance at least 48 hours to clean this mess.

    best decision imo:
    -maintenance 48 hours
    -delete all cats
    -check logs to see which guys bought cats, return the coins expended on cats
    (use control+f on logs since cats will always be cats since rename on pets its not working properly its not hard to find cats on logs being sold, check all auction sold cats logs, yeah i know you guys can do that)
    -ppl who profit on that permaban since theres no mercy for ppl **** the economy of game
    -unban everyone else
    -turn all realms on
    -gg

    No one deserves a cat because the core website wasnt working properly thats period, and some ppl clicked on the website when it wasnt even giving cats like some friends i have on Eyrda, and they are banned for no good reason.

    And the more time you guys take to make this thing work, more ppl will do the following:

    -Quit the game
    -Continue to play the game but they will never dare to expend a single dollar on cash shop again (thats a claim from a big casher friend of mine).

    Since you guys are already punishing ppl just to investigate them, since some of them are clearly innocent on that, it was like select anyone who touches the core system website cat buttom and ban, then we go to weekend+holiday then we come back to think what we will do about that...
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    You forgot about those people who sold PWE their souls.

    lol totally dropped the ball on that. XD
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

    IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin


    One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • wjzwjz
    wjzwjz Posts: 11
    edited May 2011
    joeytheguy wrote: »
    i dont want to be mean but...

    Do you guys honestly think it will be finished in 1 week??

    come on we have 7 realms, we dont know for sure how many realms were affected, and the exploit on cats was at least on 2 realms spammed on World Chat (as far as i know) for everyone to try, most did the core account and tried to exchange for the cat, but oops error and someone just saw that he got the cat without expending tokens, then it was a cat party where ppl was getting tons of cat for selling, for getting better ratings pets, gifting their friends, competing against guild mates to see who got the best rating cat, and the list of desires was being fulfilled by this cat invasion.

    Truth be told, a lot of ppl abused without restrain because ppl were spamming on world chat that a rollback was about to start and bla bla...

    Imo i was expecting an emergencial maintenance at least 48 hours to clean this mess.

    best decision imo:
    -maintenance 48 hours
    -delete all cats
    -check logs to see which guys bought cats, return the coins expended on cats
    (use control+f on logs since cats will always be cats since rename on pets its not working properly its not hard to find cats on logs being sold, check all auction sold cats logs, yeah i know you guys can do that)
    -ppl who profit on that permaban since theres no mercy for ppl **** the economy of game
    -unban everyone else
    -turn all realms on
    -gg

    No one deserves a cat because the core website wasnt working properly thats period, and some ppl clicked on the website when it wasnt even giving cats like some friends i have on Eyrda, and they are banned for no good reason.

    And the more time you guys take to make this thing work, more ppl will do the following:

    -Quit the game
    -Continue to play the game but they will never dare to expend a single dollar on cash shop again (thats a claim from a big casher friend of mine).

    Since you guys are already punishing ppl just to investigate them, since some of them are clearly innocent on that, it was like select anyone who touches the core system website cat buttom and ban, then we go to weekend+holiday then we come back to think what we will do about that...


    You are absolutely correct.

    +1 on your comment!!:)
  • _Alastrina_ - Storm Legion
    _Alastrina_ - Storm Legion Posts: 840 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    thanks gm, i already got unbanned :)
  • wjzwjz
    wjzwjz Posts: 11
    edited May 2011
    thanks gm, i already got unbanned :)

    That is such a big delay, when did u send the request?

    And do they give you notice if u were unbanned?
  • _Alastrina_ - Storm Legion
    _Alastrina_ - Storm Legion Posts: 840 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i did what everyone told us, even consult with few player like Arousing on storm, they just said wait

    so my question is, i already unbanned, but the cat still there, should i throw it? thanks
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i did what everyone told us, even consult with few player like Arousing on storm, they just said wait

    so my question is, i already unbanned, but the cat still there, should i throw it? thanks

    i'd keep it for personal use.
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

    IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin


    One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • Zerex - Storm Legion
    Zerex - Storm Legion Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    crabclaw wrote: »
    I come with news from upstairs.

    There will be NO ROLLBACK. Instead, our customer service team is taking measures to seize illegally obtained goods. Ban hammers will fly, and offender's accounts will be plundered.

    This is going to take some time to sort out, due to the number of culprits. We know exactly who took what, whether it be gems or cats or anything else.

    We also know who is "innocent", in that they didn't know that there was an issue with the token shop and simply thought an error had occurred, thus clicked "send" a few times. If you bought a cat from someone or won an auction containing one, your cat will not be taken away. This is to prevent honest players that simply purchased a pet they wanted from losing anything.

    Needless to say, there are going to a lot of cats left in circulation by the time this is all over. We aren't in the business of punishing the innocent, and the leftover cats will be direct evidence of this. But like I said earlier, we know who abused the system and who didn't. A reckoning will be had.

    That is all. I apologize for this entire mess, as well as the amount of confusion this has caused. You can keep playing though without fearing for potential rollbacks now.

    Ban information:

    UNBELIEVABLE! First off CrabClaw, there was only 1 GREEN Cat on our server. And with this huge **** up, your willing to keep all cats in-game?:mad: There wasn't that many Blue pets in game to begin with and now almost everyone has a Blue pet cuz of this. Totally unfair to keep these Blue Cats in game. Here's why:

    1) Allowing these Blue Cats to remain in-game has no screwed us ppl wit Tamer job. Our pet we were able to catch and lucky to make Blue are worthless we will never get our invest back from the Tamer Job.

    2) Allowing these Blue Cats to remain in-game has now screwed our economy up. 1 person has 20 Blue Cats which are selling for 50 Gold coins, so that 5 Diamonds that person gets for cheating? How is that fair?

    3) People knew that other were duping and busing the glitch were buying these item and now have pimped themselves out with these items and that's ok in your eyes?

    Still shows that PW Staff don't care about their paying customers or legit players who are trying to enjoy the game and give PW Staff another chance after they completely destroyed BOI.

    Question from here now is what's PW going to allow the cheaters to continue to get away with!
  • Chewey - Lionheart
    Chewey - Lionheart Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    wjzwjz wrote: »
    That is such a big delay, when did u send the request?

    And do they give you notice if u were unbanned?
    Nope they just unban you. I did not send any request. Thank you GM :D
  • tiggie2
    tiggie2 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Nope they just unban you. I did not send any request. Thank you GM :D

    o good Chewey is back!


    plz ban jean

    thx
  • Riannie - Lionheart
    Riannie - Lionheart Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Finally unbanned, was banned right on my B-day when doing guild quests >.<, now to catch up on dailies and such.
  • tiggie2
    tiggie2 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    UNBELIEVABLE! First off CrabClaw, there was only 1 GREEN Cat on our server. And with this huge **** up, your willing to keep all cats in-game?:mad: There wasn't that many Blue pets in game to begin with and now almost everyone has a Blue pet cuz of this. Totally unfair to keep these Blue Cats in game. Here's why:

    1) Allowing these Blue Cats to remain in-game has no screwed us ppl wit Tamer job. Our pet we were able to catch and lucky to make Blue are worthless we will never get our invest back from the Tamer Job.

    2) Allowing these Blue Cats to remain in-game has now screwed our economy up. 1 person has 20 Blue Cats which are selling for 50 Gold coins, so that 5 Diamonds that person gets for cheating? How is that fair?

    3) People knew that other were duping and busing the glitch were buying these item and now have pimped themselves out with these items and that's ok in your eyes?

    Still shows that PW Staff don't care about their paying customers or legit players who are trying to enjoy the game and give PW Staff another chance after they completely destroyed BOI.

    Question from here now is what's PW going to allow the cheaters to continue to get away with!


    u mad?
  • ohaigaise
    ohaigaise Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    may i ask why you hate jean so much?
  • Zerex - Storm Legion
    Zerex - Storm Legion Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    tiggie2 wrote: »
    u mad?

    u mad dumb ****? or another hacker/cheater like the rest? Why hide who you really are. Or another snot noise punk who hides behind thier computer and uses mommy and daddies credits? either you are nothing and will never be nothing. **** off slap nuts:cool:
  • Ahnix - Storm Legion
    Ahnix - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    So, let me get this...

    The Blue Cats that are STILL in Storm's AH are going to remain there for others to purchase and they are going to remain in game?

    My girl wants a blue cat. I don't want her to risk getting her Acct banned due to having one.

    IF she gets one from the AH, Will she get her Acct banned for getting one from there?
    Can I get a more clear picture of this? Even I hate fueling a Gold-Seller but i do like to make my girl smile. :D

    Another question would be, When is the Token Shop going to open up so others Can legally get the Cat pet?
  • Cat - Storm Legion
    Cat - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Now that the cash shoppers are unbanned go spend more money and win a damn nightshade to sell to me :D
  • Deicidea - Storm Legion
    Deicidea - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    u mad dumb ****? or another hacker/cheater like the rest? Why hide who you really are. Or another snot noise punk who hides behind thier computer and uses mommy and daddies credits? either you are nothing and will never be nothing. **** off slap nuts:cool:

    Actually your argument is invalid as they were INTENTIONALLY put into the Token Shop as Blue pets for you to spend your tokens on! =D Soooo anyone with 150 Points can have one when they put it up. The only problem was that the site was broken and not deducting the points so thousands were created. That was the problem, not that there were the Blue Cats. Go find something else to rage about. I got my Blue Cat Legit, and i love him and no he will NOT be taken away from me.
    I'm a Carebear, I PewPew with Rainbows and Butterflies.
    (>")> ==--- <3<3<3
    Characters:
    Deicidea - 5x Rebel Priest // Livid - 4x Dark Assassin
    Melodei - 4x Light Bard // LickMyLoli - 3x Burst Marksman
    Gwendolynne - 3x Aegis Warrior // Cappadocia - 3x Blood Vampire
  • kkkkk
    kkkkk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    u Mad Dumb ****? Or Another Hacker/cheater Like The Rest? Why Hide Who You Really Are. Or Another Snot Noise Punk Who Hides Behind Thier Computer And Uses Mommy And Daddies Credits? Either You Are Nothing And Will Never Be Nothing. **** Off Slap Nuts:cool:

    Lol U Mad?
This discussion has been closed.