Notice: NO ROLLBACK - also, info about bans

Comments

• Zenmiya - Lionheart
    Zenmiya - Lionheart Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i guess base on your picture, you already unbanned zenmiya?

Eh? This is an alt account, I can't even log in with my main anymore.
  • VespeR - Illyfue
    VespeR - Illyfue Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    My account where i have my vesper 55 lvl on illyue , get ban on forum cos trashtalk on crabby , now i apologize and thx :-D
  • murder3r
    murder3r Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Forget the cats, i wanna hear the update on those duped BLOODSTONES!!
  • stevemcquark
    stevemcquark Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    To be honest, I don't care about the bloodstones or the cats. All I want is e-mail confirmation as to whether or not I've been permabanned, so I can stop checking every day and go find something else to do with my time.
  • poohbear0325
    poohbear0325 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    To be honest, I don't care about the bloodstones or the cats. All I want is e-mail confirmation as to whether or not I've been permabanned, so I can stop checking every day and go find something else to do with my time.

Agreed ^^
  • jinjin123123
    jinjin123123 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Personal Opinion:

I am sure everyone knows duplicated gems and cats, and they are flying around.
    PW chose to manually clean up the items instead of doing a 12 to 24 hours roll back, or even the combination of both.

The left over cats and gems will still be remain on the server, depends on the amount of items that are not caught, the effect will be different.

One advantage of having manually clean up by banning players:

This will not effect players who did not duplicate items, some of them may have already got a great amount of exp or items from dungeons and quests, it will be a total disregard if they have done so.

Disadvantages:

So having banning a great amount of people at the same time , is that doing any good to the community? Some of the players may be innocent, some of them are guilty. I am sure this can cause a certain amount of players range from lv 40s to lv 60s quit the game.
    Is it more of an instant destruction on the motivation of FW, than a so-called GMs' "house cleaning"

If PW were to choose rolling back, those people who do not have anything to do with the bugs can be rewarded with exp to cover their loses, cant they ?

(I am sure it is not a full 12 to 24 hours lost for players unless they do not have a life and stay in front of the monitor clicking the mouse)

No offense
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Personal Opinion:

I am sure everyone knows duplicated gems and cats, and they are flying around.
    PW chose to manually clean up the items instead of doing a 12 to 24 hours roll back, or even the combination of both.

The left over cats and gems will still be remain on the server, depends on the amount of items that are not caught, the effect will be different.

One advantage of having manually clean up by banning players:

This will not effect players who did not duplicate items, some of them may have already got a great amount of exp or items from dungeons and quests, it will be a total disregard if they have done so.

Disadvantages:

So having banning a great amount of people at the same time , is that doing any good to the community? Some of the players may be innocent, some of them are guilty. I am sure this can cause a certain amount of players range from lv 40s to lv 60s quit the game.
    Is it more of an instant destruction on the motivation of FW, than a so-called GMs' "house cleaning"

If PW were to choose rolling back, those people who do not have anything to do with the bugs can be rewarded with exp to cover their loses, cant they ?

(I am sure it is not a full 12 to 24 hours lost for players unless they do not have a life and stay in front of the monitor clicking the mouse)

No offense

It wasn't a case of 12-24 hours, they'd have to put the servers almost 48 hours back.
    Additionally, it was the fisrt 2 days since the update, lots and lots of people were in the game, making much progress...
    Most importantly, there is no automatic way to insure that those who spent money in the game during those 2 days wouldn't lose their money for good...

They had to choose between ruining it for some or for everyone, and between having to deal with lost time or lost money...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wjzwjz
    wjzwjz Posts: 11
    edited May 2011
    It wasn't a case of 12-24 hours, they'd have to put the servers almost 48 hours back.
    Additionally, it was the fisrt 2 days since the update, lots and lots of people were in the game, making much progress...
    Most importantly, there is no automatic way to insure that those who spent money in the game during those 2 days wouldn't lose their money for good...

They had to choose between ruining it for some or for everyone, and between having to deal with lost time or lost money...

Humm, that is true. It was a tough decision for them as well.
    According to ur explaination, it does sound better to just ban whoever touches achivement shop
  • Rhythem - Lionheart
    Rhythem - Lionheart Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    crabclaw wrote: »
    If you bought a cat from someone or won an auction containing one, your cat will not be taken away. This is to prevent honest players that simply purchased a pet they wanted from losing anything.

Needless to say, there are going to a lot of cats left in circulation by the time this is all over. We aren't in the business of punishing the innocent, and the leftover cats will be direct evidence of this. But like I said earlier, we know who abused the system and who didn't. A reckoning will be had.

With all do respect, nobody reaally deserves a Blue Cat unless they bought it from some one who ACTUALLY caught one. Or they caught it themselves.

What are the people who ACTUALLY catch a blue cat going to think? People won't believe they actually caught one. The blue cats were supposed to represent Mastering ACV.

I could not believe that the Blue cat was available in the token shop. I feel horrible for people who actually work their butts off for that ACV boss wanting it to be Green now, and it turning blue.

Every time i see a blue cat it makes me think of system flaws and system abuse :c Those people just don't deserve the pets.

I wanted a blue cat for a long time until this. Im just happy for my rightfully caught Green Cat. Instead of a blue cat that kinda is looked at as a cash shop pet. :c

I make sure to run over every blue cat i see x_x; They are quite annoying. And if people actually bought a blue cat, That is their fault for wanting to feel like they caught something that has the value that the green cat has now. The blue cat has 0 value to me now.
    <Forever with Fullmetal>

Yes, my girlfriend is using a male character.
    Yes, we are both female. :3
    Problem?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Rhythem - Lvl 80 Bard
  • kyrulx
    kyrulx Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    wjzwjz wrote: »
    Humm, that is true. It was a tough decision for them as well.
    According to ur explaination, it does sound better to just ban whoever touches achivement shop

Except that touching the achievement shop does not mean you should've been banned. It was a legitimate shop that happened to be bugged.

Not to mention that I have friends who were banned even though they didn't receive anything from the shop.
  • mettabi
    mettabi Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    FW is finished. The PWE management has done it again.

I've never seen so many guildies quit the game AFTER a major expansion update.

At least 1/5 of the population has quit and/or perm. banned from the game just 3 days after a major expansion. Give it two weeks, and another 1/4 will be gone.

Time to find a new game.
  • dave612
    dave612 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I don't understand how the logic is being applied to the bans... right now on Lionheart's AH there is 1 person with about 13 blue Cats for sale.... How the @#$@# have these not been removed by now? The person did not even hide their name....
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    dave612 wrote: »
    I don't understand how the logic is being applied to the bans... right now on Lionheart's AH there is 1 person with about 13 blue Cats for sale.... How the @#$@# have these not been removed by now? The person did not even hide their name....

so get a SS or the player and report them....most liekely they got the cats logged out and figured they'd wait for the holiday weekend, or hope that they would be missed
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • _Alastrina_ - Storm Legion
    _Alastrina_ - Storm Legion Posts: 840 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    btw nyxa offtopic question, how long till tuesday? i mean how many hours?
  • hetchu
    hetchu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well, my account has been banned, and yes, I admit clicking on that stupid cat link with the intention to take advantage of the glitch. I don't plan to sell those cats to anyone at all at first but if my main doesn't get unbanned, maybe i'll sell off all those cats if they don't get deleted so that i can start off with another character. FYI, the cats are still not removed. 23 cats fully incubated with 3 or 4 having a 2800+ rating. That should fetch a price good enough to finance a few more alts, right?

(i'm just ranting now, return my main, and I promise to delete all those cats... nooot!!!)
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    edited May 2011
    btw nyxa offtopic question, how long till tuesday? i mean how many hours?

well lets see it's Mon 3:56 pm on the West Coast, so you have 8 hours until it hits midnight, and possbily another 9 hours til someone is in the office so around 17-18 hours to wait :eek:
  • _Alastrina_ - Storm Legion
    _Alastrina_ - Storm Legion Posts: 840 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    gulp
    mean 12am wednesday for me>.<
  • manto7
    manto7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    mettabi wrote: »
    FW is finished. The PWE management has done it again.

I've never seen so many guildies quit the game AFTER a major expansion update.

At least 1/5 of the population has quit and/or perm. banned from the game just 3 days after a major expansion. Give it two weeks, and another 1/4 will be gone.

Time to find a new game.

+1.

and i thought JD had no GM presence. it just shows that they expect this game to die and their just milking money till its done.
  • Jadedsoul - Lionheart
    Jadedsoul - Lionheart Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    manto7 wrote: »
    +1.

and i thought JD had no GM presence. it just shows that they expect this game to die and their just milking money till its done.

Don't they do that with all of their games ? Such as allowing players in battle of immortals to constantly account share which is a blatant abuse of the TOS, yet when the said players were reported with very valid proof, all they got was a 3 day temp ban.
  • kkkkk
    kkkkk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    mettabi wrote: »
    fw Is Finished. The Pwe Management Has Done It Again.

I've Never Seen So Many Guildies Quit The Game After A Major Expansion Update.

At Least 1/5 Of The Population Has Quit And/or Perm. Banned From The Game Just 3 Days After A Major Expansion. Give It Two Weeks, And Another 1/4 Will Be Gone.

Time To Find A New Game.

Yes Quit Plz Quit!!
  • kkkkk
    kkkkk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    dave612 wrote: »

dont worry i submitted a ticket, all those who are linked to him will get banned!
  • Zenmiya - Lionheart
    Zenmiya - Lionheart Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    kkkkk wrote: »
    Yes Quit Plz Quit!!

Why the hell are you so negative? *sigh*
  • mrpain01
    mrpain01 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Because when he was little he got violated by his alcoholic dad
  • xstoneone
    xstoneone Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Does that bring back memories for you, Mrpain?
  • mrpain01
    mrpain01 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    xstoneone wrote: »
    Does that bring back memories for you, Mrpain?

wow kkk has so many accounts....
  • Gamuza - Storm Legion
    Gamuza - Storm Legion Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2011

Tell these people who cant stand to be banned for days when they did something wrong and for saying "FW is finsihed" or "Everyones quitting" or "Gm should of handled it better this way or that way"
  • tsugar
    tsugar Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    has any1 actually got anykind of reply from PW staff?
    I
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    edited May 2011
    tsugar wrote: »
    has any1 actually got anykind of reply from PW staff?
    I

there have been replies made in the forums, other than that most likely not since it's a 3 day weekend for us
  • tsugar
    tsugar Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    there have been replies made in the forums, other than that most likely not since it's a 3 day weekend for us

I would just like to know where we are going with all this ban stuff..
    I know my account was logged in 2 days ago while it was banned, and I sure would like to know if there has been anykind of progress on my account.
    I also know ppl who took multiple cats and also took alot of rep badges from the achievement shop, has been unbanned.
    When I was logged on by PW staff, they must have noticed I only had 2 cats both incubated. No gems, no badges.. just 2 cats..
    So the question is: where is the banning and unbanning based on?
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    tsugar wrote: »
    I would just like to know where we are going with all this ban stuff..
    I know my account was logged in 2 days ago while it was banned, and I sure would like to know if there has been anykind of progress on my account.
    I also know ppl who took multiple cats and also took alot of rep badges from the achievement shop, has been unbanned.
    When I was logged on by PW staff, they must have noticed I only had 2 cats both incubated. No gems, no badges.. just 2 cats..
    So the question is: where is the banning and unbanning based on?

who knows maybe by how big of a QQer you are and how big of an **** you are to them by sending multiple pms i guess :/ idk (warning this could get you in more trouble then some of you might already be)
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
This discussion has been closed.