Arena Queue system needs to be fixed - Penalty for being good

Comments

• ouriel125
    ouriel125 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It's not about the que system Lupious, there is no problem with it. It's the players that haven't reached that rating yet and are competing to reach while you still win.

There is nothing wrong with the queue system once again, be it cross-realm or not being cross-realm it will have almost the same que time due to people at higher rating should wait a little more longer than the players at lower ratings.
    I guess the que system is based on the WoW one so it have similarities to it, or maybe it's completely the same.
    For example if you are at 2600 rating in a 3v3 bracket in WoW your que will be longer than those who are at 1900 or 2000 rating. Even with that playerbase you will still have long and short ques.

Once again it's not about the que system, but about the players who are at that rating. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LiIith - Lionheart
    LiIith - Lionheart Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It would be better and it would make more sense to just pair everyone up with people around the same lvl's instead of doing it the horrible way they have it now. As it is now, I can never get a 6v6 match but I always get plenty of 3v3 and its getting annoying.
  • MrHeartless - Eyrda
    MrHeartless - Eyrda Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Ok, from what I've seen there is nothing at all wrong with the queue system. It attempts to match parties fairly based on an overal arena rating system. That in itself is not flawed.

The problem is that the arena is meant to challenge players. I dont see why you'd want to pvp against the same teams you have steam rolled on your way to your 30-1 record. As others have stated, it just seems so absurd. If its not about the gear then you should also accept that part of being "good" is that there wont be anyone to challenge you. If this was an open pvp scenario, you'd get no pvp either as many persons wouldnt want to go against you either.

This problem was created when you formed a team with almost all cash shoppers and proceeded to decimate everyone else. 30-1 says you only got 1 challenge from all of your fights. This defeats the whole purpose of the arena if you cant even get a challenge. if it were me i wouldnt want to fight at all if it were so damn easy. Unless you face Cashshop only teams, nothing will change and tbh it shouldnt. If your idea of being good comes down to winning alone then something is seriously wrong with you.

When everyone eventually catches up, my suggestion, take off all your heavily cash shopped gear, so you get more of a challenge and a chance to loose more, you'll get more matches in the process. There Problem solved.
  • adrianna65
    adrianna65 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    why is it when we go into the arena we haft to face lv50s.we are 44---45 and we are facing 54--59 lvs....we should be facing our own lvs....
  • stupidfans
    stupidfans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Just because u don't like a system.. doesn't make it wrong or damaged..

the system works perfectly fine to its purpose..

if u'r "too good" for the average majority of the population.. u'll have to fight those @ ur same "Lvl or Skill"(actually CS'ing)

ther's some options to avoid not getting fights..

u could..
    -start losing some matches.. so ur score goes down..
    -go with randoms with lower rank.. so it matches up with othre low ranks too..

or..
    -give golds away to ppl.. so they get geared up and win all the matches and get @ ur same score.. :D

pick one.. xd
  • lupious
    lupious Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Weeee 0 queues tonight.....
  • PugnusDei - Storm Legion
    PugnusDei - Storm Legion Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Just don't party queue. Everyone just personal queue. Thus no team rankings, therefore no waiting for an equally ranked team.
  • Lashen - Eyrda
    Lashen - Eyrda Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Just don't party queue. Everyone just personal queue. Thus no team rankings, therefore no waiting for an equally ranked team.

Going in a solo queue for something like GT is risky enough, what makes you think people would solo queue arena?
    Cuz You Sebestimated Me.
  • Chanse - Storm Legion
    Chanse - Storm Legion Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Ok, correct me if I am wrong here but, are there not battlegrounds or something similar in this game? IMO this game is not popular enough in the Western hemisphere to support a full fledged arena system. I can understand China but, in the West, maybe a battleground system would be better? *shrugs* In order for arenas to be successful, a viable player population has to be present and in this case, player pop seems absent.
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    Borsook - Eyrda Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Going in a solo queue for something like GT is risky enough, what makes you think people would solo queue arena?
    Not to mention no communication, most likely. It's hard enough as it is, I can't imagine it without vent/mumble/teamspeak/whatever.
  • stupidfans
    edited June 2011
    Well.. despite what u might think..

ppl are actually doing what i told u.. mayb not solo queue.. but going in with lower ranking pt members..

i fought a couple of 1.6k+ ranking ppl going with others with ~1.2k or so.. and me and my team were at ~1.4k.. so.. it kinda works..

ppl like.. xDeadly who use to go always with Ranker and HaHaPK was yesterday with some different players..

so i guess ppl is finding new ways to get 3v3 arenas..
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited June 2011

You'd be surprised by how often random parties smash pre-made ones...
    Many of my arena applications are for random parties...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OddFinrir - Lionheart
    OddFinrir - Lionheart Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'm the only priest at lv60 that wants to go to arena. So random party queing = leader punching me in the side of the head. Besides. PvE servers don't have the best geared people because we are sooooo lazy and don't really fight or spend enourmous amounts of real cash to make our players better.

Random Queing = Fail here.
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    edited June 2011
    PvE servers don't have the best geared people because we are sooooo lazy and don't really fight or spend enourmous amounts of real cash to make our players better.
    Tell this to the 30k+ hp warrior I get pitted against every now and then =_=

Then again I have more hp than many protectors I get partied with, but anyway
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PugnusDei - Storm Legion
    PugnusDei - Storm Legion Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I sole queue GT 99.95% of the time on Storm server and NEVER have had a problem.
    As for solo queuing the arena -- that's where the fun comes in.
  • OddFinrir - Lionheart
    OddFinrir - Lionheart Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    If anyone cares?

"Thank you for your report. We are aware of the current restrictions for eligible players for the area and are looking into a solution for a future update. The score limitation was put into place for balancing purposes. However, this may be altered or removed if its preventing too many users from being able to participate properly."

I sent in a ticket.
  • Gelfgar - Eyrda
    Gelfgar - Eyrda Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I do agree somethings could be fixed like cross server matches but imo the system works fine.

The reason you guys arent getting matches is cause you are in a heavily geared static 6 man or 3 man group prolly, thus have high ranking.

Fixing this is simple, just seperate out and join the groups of people with lower level ranks in your guild thus bringin your total group ranking down. I feel the system is working correctly because the heavily geared csers will only be able to face themselves and not be able to rush stomping parties just to farm pvp gears.

But like I said its a simple fix, group with others in guild to bring average rank down problem solved.
  • Lestat - Eyrda
    Lestat - Eyrda Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    the most obvious thing you people are forgetting(and it's pretty insulting that you are forgetting this) if you DONT SUCK, NEITHER WILL YOUR PARTY.
    kbye.
    I did not paint the red door black, i commanded it thus. and so it was. open the door, for fear is where you go to learn.
  • lupious
    edited June 2011
    No offense, but I shouldn't have to "dumb down" my group just to get a queue. We got 0 queues last night, even with taking 1 lower scoring person. With the lower scoring person, our group average was STILL too high to get a queue. That is mega fail. All the "just pug" posts are ridiculous. You shouldn't have to pug or modify your group just to get a queue.
  • Gelfgar - Eyrda
    Gelfgar - Eyrda Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    its not dumbing down its called playing with other people. If you are in a decent guild there are prolly other good members that may not be as csed as you but are still good players that dont have high as rating as u. Dont be so narrow minded and if your guild doesnt have these type of people or you dont have any other friends well then ur just a try hard nolifer with 5 or 2 other no lifer teammates lol. If you dont want to play a game where csers have an advtange then go play a pay to play.
  • lupious
    edited June 2011
    I'm in your guild dork :)

By "Dumb-Down" I mean taking people with low scores. We have taken people with really low scores, and we STILL can't get a queue because our average score, even with the low-score person in our group, is too high. So, we'd have to put in two low scoring people. That is just idiotic. I like my group. We do well. Why should I be forced to group with other people?

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by the cash shop comment. I am one of the cash shoppers (not a huge one but a bit).
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    edited June 2011
    lupious wrote: »
    You shouldn't have to pug or modify your group just to get a queue.
    Because you don't have to. You can get a queue, if there were more people with similar score. Sounds to me like you complain more about community instead.

Let's put it differently. From a really low team score's perspective, they want to get a queue too. But they don't want to get in queue against someone they have no chance against. You want? Tough luck, they don't. What makes your group more of a priority than say, a similarly scored team near their level? Would you also want to queue against lv4x people? (if say, all the other similar levels are already fighting one another)

I mean, most people get queues, it means they already find someone to fight with. You want your group to have priority over that, even though they don't want to get stomped. Doesn't really make sense.

There's a reason systems like this are implemented in most modern MMOs. I'm not giving credit to FW at all, it's a rip off like almost 90% of all the other stuff, but at least it's one of those rip offs that just work.

So your problem is community, not the system. The system works just fine.
  • Hazydance - Storm Legion
    Hazydance - Storm Legion Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I was actually hoping instead of matching players by there scores, it would have been by levels :(
    Its seem very fair that way. I mean if your doing it by score then someone who is lvl 50s could be facing lvl 60s which is just wrong. Just saying. The match up should be by lvls and not of scores. Just my opinion.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC] "Express yourself"

"Life is a compositions, and you're the composer."
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    edited June 2011
    I was actually hoping instead of matching players by there scores, it would have been by levels :(
    Its seem very fair that way. I mean if your doing it by score then someone who is lvl 50s could be facing lvl 60s which is just wrong. Just saying. The match up should be by lvls and not of scores. Just my opinion.

A lv50 heavy CSer will mop the floor with any non CSer lv60+ ijs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stupidfans
    edited June 2011

The system takes both in consideration.. the only times i'v fought any under 60 or saw any under 60 member with me in arena.. is because it was premade that way..

i did 6v6 arenas with a lv50 priest.. and he wasn't bad at all.. lol.. we won most of the matches without problems.. except against the heavy geared ppl..

it's funny how ppl doesn't wanna leave theyr custom team for another one in order to be able to get arena fights.. mayb u rely too much in them?? :o
  • lupious
    edited June 2011
    Because you don't have to. You can get a queue, if there were more people with similar score. Sounds to me like you complain more about community instead.

Let's put it differently. From a really low team score's perspective, they want to get a queue too. But they don't want to get in queue against someone they have no chance against. You want? Tough luck, they don't. What makes your group more of a priority than say, a similarly scored team near their level? Would you also want to queue against lv4x people? (if say, all the other similar levels are already fighting one another)

I mean, most people get queues, it means they already find someone to fight with. You want your group to have priority over that, even though they don't want to get stomped. Doesn't really make sense.

There's a reason systems like this are implemented in most modern MMOs. I'm not giving credit to FW at all, it's a rip off like almost 90% of all the other stuff, but at least it's one of those rip offs that just work.

So your problem is community, not the system. The system works just fine.

Borsook I never said we should go against low scoring teams or that we should be higher priority. Look at the suggestions I proposed: cross-realm queueing and giving lower scoring teams some sort of buff to make the matches even against the higher scoring group...
  • Borsook - Eyrda
    edited June 2011
    I assume by cross-realm you mean cross-server, because it's already cross-realm o.o
  • Nukeology - Eyrda
    Nukeology - Eyrda Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    lupious wrote: »
    No offense, but I shouldn't have to "dumb down" my group just to get a queue. We got 0 queues last night, even with taking 1 lower scoring person. With the lower scoring person, our group average was STILL too high to get a queue. That is mega fail. All the "just pug" posts are ridiculous. You shouldn't have to pug or modify your group just to get a queue.

Just cash shop enough for them to be able to pay china devs to "fix" the game any way you like it, or hell, why not just buy the game.

LOL @ raging free to play game.

If you want fair rated PvP system go play a subscription game where there is not such a thing as cash shopping your way into ranking/rating.

On a side note, people should probably stop nerd-raging so early when they don't even know how the whole arena point formulas are being implemented. I gained same arena points that people that fought even 50+ more matches than i did
  • lupious
    edited June 2011
    I assume by cross-realm you mean cross-server, because it's already cross-realm o.o

Yes, of course I meant cross-server. There was a game I played (I can't remember which one - all the MMOs I've played over the years are starting to run together) that would actually bump up the level of the group you were facing if they were lower level than you, and they would bump up the gear to be equivalent too. Some sort of system similar to that would work well. My preference would be cross-server though. I'd like to go against strong teams on other servers.
  • Grimspark - Lionheart
    Grimspark - Lionheart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    This is only a guess, but is the lack of people mostly a PVE server problem? If so, it's not a coincidence. lol