Whats Better, Perfect World or Forsaken World?

Tokyodragon - Nyos
Tokyodragon - Nyos Posts: 6 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Off-Topic Discussion
I want you to tell me why you think it's better and give examples and a detailed description, please tell me, thx guys.
Post edited by Tokyodragon - Nyos on
My Forsaken World Details:

Name: TokyoRyuu
Server: Nyos
Race: Human
Class: Warrior

Comments

• nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    FW is better then PWI for the following reasons.

1. no flying mounts
    2. game isn't pay 2 win. yet.
    3. classes are somewhat balanced with no one class being able to pwn the **** out of the others
    4. no expansions with new classes that make any of the original classes obsolete (assassins making barbs obsolete and the new **** class thats a mix between veno and psychics making venos obsolete)
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • Xsasukex - Storm Legion
    Xsasukex - Storm Legion Posts: 1,568 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    if you ask this question on the FW forum what answer do you think you will get?

if you ask this question on the PWI forum what answer do you think you will get?

try em both out and see for yourself ******mit >.<

OR you can try using the search function cuz i promise you there are 20+ threads exactly like this one already
    [SIGPIC]http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7664/xsasukex.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    xSasukex | 75 | Elemental | Warrior (retired)
    CuteNDeadly | 66 | Venom | Assassin <Naholdir's Princess>
  • saidje
    saidje Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I want you to tell me why you think it's better and give examples and a detailed description, please tell me, thx guys.

Please use the search tool.

There are already threads with this discussion.

One of them being here;

http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=98281

Now be a good player and use Search at the top left of the forum next time
    Saidje
    Having a high post count doesn't make you anything in the game.
    Unless you're attempting to kiss up to a GM and you KNOW what that makes you
    . :D
  • Esilyn - Eyrda
    Esilyn - Eyrda Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    saidje wrote: »
    Please use the search tool.

There are already threads with this discussion.

One of them being here;

http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=98281

Now be a good player and use Search at the top left of the forum next time
    Irrelevant. That post was made, asking in relation to Closed Beta going Open Beta.

Now that it's open beta, things are different and/or have changed.

As of NOW, FW is much better than PWI.
    Only thing that remains the same is the amount of Drama created by the Llama.
    That llama needs to quit sticking it's neck into PWE games. It pretty much revolves around it. o_o

Good attributes:
    1. New instances every 10 levels
    2. Easier to earn gold and/or trade leaves
    3. Non-biased classes/balanced class roles (i.e. Support, DDs, Tank, etc.)
    4. Cheap mats (check AH, they start from 1s, depending on the item)
    5. Can earn EXP when AFK (prayer, training, party time), including double EXP at certain times

I'm sure there are a few more, I just can't think of them yet.

At the same time, while the mats are cheap at AH, it kind of destroys the opportunity to sell your own. So, it's better to set up vendor while you sleep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyzern - Illyfue
    Lyzern - Illyfue Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    They're different but both enjoyable despite the company.

PWI is better than FW for this:
    - Flying mounts
    - Open world
    - Much wider variety of skills
    - Much wider variety of weapons
    - Better character costumization
    - TWs
    Pure Support Bard Guide:

fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=171271

Vote for Flagging System/PvP Realms on PvE Servers:

fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=176141
  • Asayo - Storm Legion
    Asayo - Storm Legion Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Forsaken world.
    Here's why
      Guided quest's make it easier Auto Route won't make you run into a tree You don't have the over population of Venos(but not it seems to be vampires) The Priests aren't as squishy as the ones on PWI A LOT LET LAGGY!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuukki - Lionheart
    Yuukki - Lionheart Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    4. no expansions with new classes that make any of the original classes obsolete (assassins making barbs obsolete and the new **** class thats a mix between veno and psychics making venos obsolete)

Uhum venos were obsolete in PWI after the rising tide expansion, when the tideborn came out. With the new earthguard expansion they are just more obsolete than ever. Sucks for venos like me that have both legendary pets :mad:, but oh well.

To stay on topic FW is for now better then PWI because:
    1. No op gear from cash shop boxes (yet, just wait though they will come out w/ these)
    2. Classes are balanced
    3. Afk exp
    4. Prices are still low for ig items (just wait though they will go up)
    5. Leveling is faster & easy
    6. Instances are more fun (no TT or nirvy bs)

Though PWI does beat FW in:
    1. Character customization
    2. Flying mounts
    3. Fashion (im addicted to ig fashion :confused:)
    4. Land mounts
  • Esilyn - Eyrda
    Esilyn - Eyrda Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Though PWI does beat FW in:
    1. Character customization
    2. Flying mounts
    3. Fashion (im addicted to ig fashion :confused:)
    4. Land mounts

Well, it's a new game. They're releasing new fashion with every patch. That's how it was with PWI.

Also, about the flying mounts, we'll be getting them too. Just not now. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nightwolf200
    nightwolf200 Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Uhum venos were obsolete in PWI after the rising tide expansion, when the tideborn came out. With the new earthguard expansion they are just more obsolete than ever. Sucks for venos like me that have both legendary pets :mad:, but oh well.

yeah theres alot of people out there that played as venos that are angry too. i quit pwi cuz of the tideborn making the untamed pretty much unnecessary to have now especially with those damn assassins. my friends from pwi keep trying to talk me into coming back but i probably won't tho
    [SIGPIC]sora[/SIGPIC]
    "That's not true! The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"

IGN: slayernight
    Race/Class: Kindred Assassin

One of the last players that was in the defunct guild Wolfpack.
  • Grimspark - Lionheart
    Grimspark - Lionheart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I like Forsaken World better, definitely.

Perfect World had better music. And it was fun to fly, but....

The game just created its own self-contained hell for me personally. I don't have the same complaints a lot of people do. I spent a lot of time making my own stuff, formulating my combos, making my strategy, only to be helplessly wtfpwned by bosses you had to be 15 levels higher to beat. In my estimation, making and learning to play a really good character became irrelevant at that point.

Making a party without a guild was terrible. World chat cost real money, guilds were largely interested only in territory wars. And because everyone played on one gigantic map, have fun sitting there and waiting for a random party, because PW was too big for anyone to hear you scream.

What sealed the deal for me though was putting up with all of that in order to take down a boss to get new skills. As if taking down a boss had ANYTHING to do with new skills.

You know it's pretty bad when a well-geared level 30 non-CS Sin hates the game. :D

The only thing that worries me is I heard PW was really good in the beginning. I hope it's not a company trend....
  • moongara00
    moongara00 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well gues what? pwi has now added exp while afk. you sit in a place called realm of reflection and gain exp while afk
    also pwi is better because
    - Flying mounts
    - Land mounts
    - Fashion :DD
    - Character customization
    - Better skills and a good variety of weapons and armour
    - Factions with TW, trials and more
  • highcommand1
    highcommand1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012

i havent played FW yet. im atcually downloading it now. PWI seems like almost the same game despite small differences. so everybody stop crying about it. just play which ever one makes u happy.:D