Patch Notes for GoL Update-5/25/2011

Comments

• ElineStone - Illyfue
    ElineStone - Illyfue Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Why do priests only get 2-3 improvements on skills? Why are we being left soooo behiiiiind.. :confused: *looks at looong list of protector/ mage*
  • Gamuza - Storm Legion
    Gamuza - Storm Legion Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Lightning mage is bad now or is that ok still?

Haven't put any points into the mana skills they are referring to, so unsure how much of a change it is.
  • Acidic - Eyrda
    Acidic - Eyrda Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    [Marksman]

Accuracy Guidance:
    -Increases group members accuracy by 1/2 of Marksmans Accuracy minus the members Accuracy. If the subtracted amount is lower than 16, then group members accuracy will be increased by 16. If Marksmans accuracy is more than double the group members accuracy, then the group members accuracy is doubled. Lasts for 10 minutes.
    -The effect of Accuracy Guidance no longer disappears when you go offline.

Hunter Mark: Hunters Mark has a new graphical effect.

[Soul Talent] Professional Hunter:
    -The range improvement of Hunters Mark is increased from 2/4/6 to 3/6/9.

[Precision Talent] Contact:
    -Increases Crit Chance by 1/1.5/2%.

[Burst Talent] Motivate:
    -The cost reduction of Accuracy Guidance is increased from 10/20/30% to 20/40/60%.
    -Added effect, the duration of Accuracy Guidance is increased by 5/10/15 minutes.

[Soul Talent] Art of Reloading:
    -The cooldown reduction of Quick Reloading is changed from 6/12/18/24/30s to 3/6/9/12/15s.

[Soul Talent] Soul Concentration:
    -Added effect, reduces cooldown of Quick Reloading by 3/7/11/15s.

[Burst Talent] Rake of Fury:
    -Attack Range is changed from 120 degrees to 90 degrees
    -The damage is modified from 100% to 80%, increasing to 110% during Crack Shot Time
    -Has a 100% chance to generate a burn effect within 8 meters, has a 50% chance to generate a burn effect past 8 meters
    -When Crack Shot Time is activated, the burn effect deals 10% Fire Mastery bonus damage.
    -The burn effect can stack and has a diminished bonus effect with every stack.

[Burst Talent] Scorching Heat:
    -The basic burn effect improvement is changed to 25/50/75%, increasing by another 25/50/75% when Crack Shot Time is active
    -Added effect: During Crack Shot Time, the duration of burn effects are increased by 1/2/3s
    -Burn damage is increased by 5/10/15% of Fire Mastery.

[Burst Talent] Soul Burn:
    -Burn damage is increased to 75/150 plus 10% of Fire Mastery.
    -Duration is changed to 8s.

[Burst Talent] Flammable:
    -The explosion effect caused by Weakening Cloud is increased by 500 points, and the explosion drains Mana equal to the damage done.

[Burst Talent] Backup Fire:
    -While Quick Reloading is active, the cooldowns of Penetrating Shot and Rake of Fury are reduced by 50/100%
    -Mana cost is increased by 50/100%.
    -Penetrating Shot and Rake of Fury cost one more bullet to recover Marksmans HP by 5/10%,
    -Each cast will cause Quick Reloading to enter a 90s cooldown.

OH MY GOD! NOT FAIR!! QQ
    MM (burst) even more squishy now QQ
  • ElineStone - Illyfue
    ElineStone - Illyfue Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    sirbiff10 wrote: »
    gunna start off with a ROFLMAO followed by a LOL.

Marksman are balanced.

If you die from 3 burst dwarfs..get better gear and raise earth and fire resistances. Its that simple. And i think your stretching that 3 MMs wiped out and entire guild during a guild war... Its probably more like the MMs did most of the dmg while others did dmg also. Like oh i dont know..the Prots, Vamps, Mages,etc.. with their AoEs.

I have a 42 dwarf. And honestly i dont do a lot of dmg even with buffs on and the talents that i have. And personally i have only 144 fire mastery and like 80-90 fire resistance.

If i wiped anyone out they are probably strong in other areas or were already weakened from another guildie attacking them.

S0 unless you have proof that three MMs wiped out an entire guild during a guild war and i mean that ONLY them killed the entire guild without any help from another guild member. just stop your QQing and play the game or leave..there is always Hello Kitty Online you can play. i hear they love QQing ppl.

Don't worry.. few more lvls, get the right talent tree and you'll have 3 aoe's with only 2 sec cd where you will be doing 5-10k hits on every target. :D
  • Xsasukex - Storm Legion
    Xsasukex - Storm Legion Posts: 1,568 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Why do priests only get 2-3 improvements on skills? Why are we being left soooo behiiiiind.. :confused: *looks at looong list of protector/ mage*

why dont ele warriors get anything but nerf nerf nerf? oh cruel world
    [SIGPIC]http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7664/xsasukex.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    xSasukex | 75 | Elemental | Warrior (retired)
    CuteNDeadly | 66 | Venom | Assassin <Naholdir's Princess>
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    gunna start off with a ROFLMAO followed by a LOL.

Marksman are balanced.

If you die from 3 burst dwarfs..get better gear and raise earth and fire resistances. Its that simple. And i think your stretching that 3 MMs wiped out and entire guild during a guild war... Its probably more like the MMs did most of the dmg while others did dmg also. Like oh i dont know..the Prots, Vamps, Mages,etc.. with their AoEs.

I have a 42 dwarf. And honestly i dont do a lot of dmg even with buffs on and the talents that i have. And personally i have only 144 fire mastery and like 80-90 fire resistance.

If i wiped anyone out they are probably strong in other areas or were already weakened from another guildie attacking them.

S0 unless you have proof that three MMs wiped out an entire guild during a guild war and i mean that ONLY them killed the entire guild without any help from another guild member. just stop your QQing and play the game or leave..there is always Hello Kitty Online you can play. i hear they love QQing ppl.

No proof is necessary, anyone who played beta witnessed it. Obviously a vamp was involved to feast, but the BULK of the damage was from the MMs. You know.. that little trick where you can spam 6 rakes within 6 seconds?... now add redhands to that and you have a nice little BBQ pit.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • FrostSeven - Storm Legion
    FrostSeven - Storm Legion Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'm still happy with my frost mage, my MM.... I would kind of like a free talent compass, and after this Bomb hit everyone it is only fair to offer it somewhere on the forums seeing that the majority are unhappy with this update. And you want to keep your playerbase happy right?

ty for fixing some of the glitchest though.
  • kristallregen
    kristallregen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Hope they fixed the 30sec duration bug of Stalking Shadow too.
  • alyrielle
    alyrielle Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    [Bard]

[Wind Talent] Ferocity of Wind:
    -Accuracy of nearby party members under the effect of Movement spells is increased from 6/12 to 15/25.

Why not ! But useless as the talent for movement speed doesn't work ! All the Do notes stay in stock and don't cast the movement spell. Will it work now ?.
  • sirbiff10
    sirbiff10 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    No proof is necessary, anyone who played beta witnessed it. Obviously a vamp was involved to feast, but the BULK of the damage was from the MMs. You know.. that little trick where you can spam 6 rakes within 6 seconds?... now add redhands to that and you have a nice little BBQ pit.

But thats beta. and everyone generally is different in almost every way. One person might go for full mastery others might up their gear, others might do neither and just play the game.

ok well the way it was worded made it sound like them and only them wiped the guild out... so why not QQ on the vamps also. since they were there also.

And you do realize that even with the reduced arc...it wont change anything unless they reduce range...a 30 degree reduction isnt a nerf..its pretty much the same. And they really didnt nerf anything on the dwarf more like gave us more dmg in exchange for a slight arc reduction.
  • jabbawakkies01
    jabbawakkies01 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    No Crying Acidic =D

The only thing I could do after reading this is just to face palm and sigh.

And not sure how squishy you are, but yesterday I was dueling a MM and he hit me pretty dam hard. 770 def on a prot and still getting hit by an MM for 2300 ish and 3500 crit. Come on, full tank spec prot getting hit that hard is just insane.

Now comes the nerf on my slow, wasn't able to catch up to them anyways pre-patch, so guess it obsolete now. I thought there would be perks now for pushing prots to be marble to tank and not be just a target dummy in pvp.

So wondering when they would even fix aggro issues in pve. Oh, would be nice to clarify the mental focus skill talent or edit proper text on the spell. 160% chance to generate 1 Fury doesn't = to 60% more threat.

Rather there be fixes in current mechanic instead of trying to get all fancy with all the other stuff.
  • bigkahuna27
    bigkahuna27 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Anyone know when the servers are gonna be back online?
  • sirbiff10
    sirbiff10 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    No Crying Acidic =D

The only thing I could do after reading this is just to face palm and sigh.

And not sure how squishy you are, but yesterday I was dueling a MM and he hit me pretty dam hard. 770 def on a prot and still getting hit by an MM for 2300 ish and 3500 crit. Come on, full tank spec prot getting hit that hard is just insane.

Now comes the nerf on my slow, wasn't able to catch up to them anyways pre-patch, so guess it obsolete now. I thought there would be perks now for pushing prots to be marble to tank and not be just a target dummy in pvp.

So wondering when they would even fix aggro issues in pve. Oh, would be nice to clarify the mental focus skill talent or edit proper text on the spell. 160% chance to generate 1 Fury doesn't = to 60% more threat.

Rather there be fixes in current mechanic instead of trying to get all fancy with all the other stuff.

did the MM use penetrating shot on you? cuz a medium-high lvl penetrating shot can lower your earth and fire resistances a good amount. i think lvl 1 gives a 20 reduction and goes up from there. So that could be why you took so much dmg from the MM.
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    edited May 2011
    But thats beta. and everyone generally is different in almost every way. One person might go for full mastery others might up their gear, others might do neither and just play the game.

ok well the way it was worded made it sound like them and only them wiped the guild out... so why not QQ on the vamps also. since they were there also.

And you do realize that even with the reduced arc...it wont change anything unless they reduce range...a 30 degree reduction isnt a nerf..its pretty much the same. And they really didnt nerf anything on the dwarf more like gave us more dmg in exchange for a slight arc reduction.

Til this patch, nothing has changed between beta and now.

The reduced arc = reduced people being hit... the range at which you hit them affects the burns now, and burns no longer stack quite so high.

It wasn't the damage of RoF that was wiping people, it was having 10+ stacks of burn totaling 3k-ish damage every second. That is all gone now thankfully.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • lokisdottir
    lokisdottir Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I don't know if anyone asked this yet but,

-Pet Soul Transfer: A new option from Hicks. With the correct item you will be able to transfer all talent levels and skills to a different pet.

If you have opened the 3rd skill slots will those automatically be unlocked on new pet with the transfer of skills?

I guess it would since it does say "all". Sorry if its a dumb question was just curios/making sure.

Yes, extra slots are transferred to the second pet. Everything Skill and Talent related goes onto the new pet regardless of it's level
  • bigkahuna27
    edited May 2011
    When will servers be back up???:(
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    edited May 2011
    Yes, extra slots are transferred to the second pet. Everything Skill and Talent related goes onto the new pet regardless of it's level

So... there is the possibility of LV50 skills on a LV1 unbound pet?

Yep.. that is gonna be interesting....
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
  • lokisdottir
    edited May 2011
    When will servers be back up???:(

When they're ready
  • lokisdottir
    edited May 2011
    So... there is the possibility of LV50 skills on a LV1 unbound pet?

Yep.. that is gonna be interesting....

Yes, you can put Lv50 purple skills on a brand new hatched pet if you feel like it. Only restriction is both the pets have to be bound.
  • bigkahuna27
    edited May 2011
    When they're ready
    Ty for replying!
    Any guess on an estimated time for when they might be back up?
  • lokisdottir
    edited May 2011
    Ty for replying!
    Any guess on an estimated time for when they might be back up?

Nope, we're at the whims of the hamsters in the machine now and I think the engineers forgot to feed them.
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    edited May 2011
    Yes, you can put Lv50 purple skills on a brand new hatched pet if you feel like it. Only restriction is both the pets have to be bound.

See.. now there ya go. You failed to mention that little part and got me worried... (not that I really care.. but still could be horribly exploited)

Now go read your PM from last week! I wanna troll w/ green name.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
  • lokisdottir
    edited May 2011
    See.. now there ya go. You failed to mention that little part and got me worried... (not that I really care.. but still could be horribly exploited)

Now go read your PM from last week! I wanna troll w/ green name.

Read. I win. I can read.
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    edited May 2011
    Read. I win. I can read.

Yea... an entire week after the fact.

Are you slow or something?

(hardy har har)
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
  • bigkahuna27
    edited May 2011
    Lol!:d
  • PhelanKell - Lionheart
    PhelanKell - Lionheart Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I dunno if this has already been asked, but will same sex marriage be allowed? Or at least a "sex change"? If I had known there was going to be marriage in the game I would have rolled my toon male.
  • noechann
    noechann Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Dancing :D YAAAY xD:D
  • lokisdottir
    edited May 2011
    I dunno if this has already been asked, but will same sex marriage be allowed? Or at least a "sex change"? If I had known there was going to be marriage in the game I would have rolled my toon male.

Nope, as much as I too want to see stoneman on stoneman action, marriages are male/female only
    edited May 2011

nope it wont.. and it sucks.. i would have rolled a female if i knew T_T

Edit: dammit! so close
    edited May 2011
    Nope, as much as I too want to see stoneman on stoneman action, marriages are male/female only

aww i just wanted to see a male dwarf carrying a stoneman T_T