Moving combat is a MUST

15678911»

Comments

• Kinohki - Eyrda
    Kinohki - Eyrda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I want to cast my spells while running from a WR!! It would be great!! Obviously, if they create a GOOD AND NO-BUGGED combat system...

And im posting here because i know there is someone reading my text (can be a developer) and im adding 1 point for "thumbs up if u want movement in combat on FW's future".

What people don't realize is that FW's combat system does not work with moving combat. Stationary combat HAS to be utilized with this system because range classes would be absurdly broken. Once in PK, orbs drop and you have to collect them to increase your damage. Upon reaching "Red hands" status, ranged classes would be so stupidly broken if they could move and attack that no melee could ever kill them unless they got in a cheap gank or something. Simply put, moving combat has no place in this game because the very system rejects it. If it was added, -everything- would have to be rebalanced and the Soul Shatter system would probably have to be entirely taken out or redone altogether. That's simply not going to happen until a new expansion comes out or so, even then it's unlikely.
    The Kin refers to himself as The Kin due to tradition. In another game that the Kin used to play, The Kin's character was called Kinohki. People started calling him Kin, and then eventually "The Kin" from where his character was one of the scariest Cora in the Wind server for his level and also because of a small inside joke. The Kin started referring to himself as The Kin on forums ever since then to keep the tradition going.
  • katozuma
    katozuma Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    MODS!!! omg why hasn't this been close and ppl just keep bring it back up, wish admin would confirm FW will never get moving combat and just shut it down
  • cherrydee
    cherrydee Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    well it kinda sux for melee chars to target a mob which is walking and you can't cast your skill since the mob is walking. you just follow the mob like an idi*t and wait for it to stop and that's the time your skill will be performed.
  • BryanFury - Eyrda
    BryanFury - Eyrda Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    cherrydee wrote: »
    well it kinda sux for melee chars to target a mob which is walking and you can't cast your skill since the mob is walking. you just follow the mob like an idi*t and wait for it to stop and that's the time your skill will be performed.
    There is a thing called "Tactically prevention" where you just move at the same time of the mob and you reach his side and you can attack him even if he's moving without seems an idiot.

Try to be more smart instead of CRY and QQ all the times..
  • Kurogane - Storm Legion
    Kurogane - Storm Legion Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    zzz are the mods sleeping or what pls close this dumb thread already .....
  • th30ry
    th30ry Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Whoa this thread still kicking, let it go guyz theres no future in it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • askman123
    askman123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I played a lot of mmorpg even WOW and my wow is still active I'm just getting bored my guild raids only once a week and I'm sick of doing 5m so i want to try this game.

I really like the idea of a moving combat because it will shows the skill of the player and an undergeared player can still have a fighting chance.

As for non moving combat ,I have experience in perfect world "i played wuxia warrior/ somewhat assasin class", what annoys me in this game is that when i use a skill with 0 range my opponent can just move a little bit and my skills will be cancelled so i need to spam my skills. and range characters have an advantage in this kind of point and click combat.
  • vegal
    vegal Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Thumbs up, i dont think they'll ever do it tho.
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Standing combat requires much more skill than moving combat (as long as we are talking about point and click games like WOW and FW) because you have to DECIDE between moviing and attacking, and time your dec isions wisely.
    And ofc they won't give us moving combat here because that would require a complete rebuild of all classes from the ground up to maintain some class balance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ouriel125
    ouriel125 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    This thread is... still alive? I thought we made all clear that it's impossible to implement it, unless they code the engine in an expansion pack of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheMagicPimp - Eyrda
    TheMagicPimp - Eyrda Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Standing combat requires much more skill than moving combat (as long as we are talking about point and click games like WOW and FW) because you have to DECIDE between moviing and attacking, and time your decisions wisely.

I can't say how static combat requires more skill.There always should be several "charging/channeling" stronger skills that don't allow you to move while performing them so what I see is even more gameplay skill required to know when to stop to use those & when to just keep moving & using other,weaker but faster attacks.

And about the point & click option : well yea but there should be some skills that require you to aim and not just tab-target-click else you're just facerolling your keyboard again but this time,while moving.Personally I'd still take that over static combat but that I can see why some ppl don't agree with it but static combat isn't any better.

Ugh,I'm probably thinking too much of 3rd person fps games -.-

And ofc they won't give us moving combat here because that would require a complete rebuild of all classes from the ground up to maintain some class balance.

That I'll have to agree with.A lot of ppl,mostly ones experienced with PWE games probably already knew that it wasn't going to happen.Most discussions about this are probably just to try & show other players why this would be a good thing,I'd call it a "I'm bored,let's chit-chat & debate things" convo : P Actually expecting anything to happen is being naive.
  • Alyssian - Illyfue
    Alyssian - Illyfue Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Moving combat is good, but then you have to implement character speeds, you could jump away to a better range while shooting them, etc. Even in WoW, moving combat isn't such a big thing, but it's useful.

It's difficult/impossible to implement in a game that already have...everything made.

And no, combat isn't always boring, i have read the reviews, but unless you want to play Vindictus with dodge buttons and stuff, then i suggest you stop complaining and stick with it.
  • Lyzern - Illyfue
    Lyzern - Illyfue Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I ARE NECRO'ING THE NECRO'S WHO NECRO'D DA THRED.

DOOOOOOOOM

Seriously though, stop necroing. This thread was dead from the beginning he said "MUST"
    Pure Support Bard Guide:

fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=171271

Vote for Flagging System/PvP Realms on PvE Servers:

fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=176141
  • telekion
    telekion Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Not that bad, im an experienced mmoer n most f times i play ranged tipe clases, that is, they have low level and health so its like-omg im like a fly, they hit me they kill me- but if i could move around while on combat id be like-try to get me first- While attacking so id be quite nice
  • FreakyPrie - Nyos
    FreakyPrie - Nyos Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Look at that, it's the first and we already got the necro of the month!

Now gtfo.
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I feel sorry for this thread.... been necroed multiple times...

A sad sad day indeed.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • Aesica - Storm Legion
    Aesica - Storm Legion Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    thread-necromancy.png

I've been waiting to bust this out for awhile now. Excellent! ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Unofficial Forsaken World Talent Calculator:
    http://www.aesica.net/fw
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Necromancy: Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread. Posting in a dead (necro) thread will cause it to be locked. Repeated posting of dead threads can result in a ban from forums/game.
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
This discussion has been closed.