FW - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

2»

Comments

• TrueNoir - Eyrda
    TrueNoir - Eyrda Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    This game is already dying seeing the number of high levels leaving because of the lack of end game content and repetitive daily event grind.

GAME IS DEAD

after 10 weeks of open beta, yeah right :rolleyes:
    People always complain about "too many quests, always the same events", but they still do them... don't they?
  • ouriel125
    ouriel125 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Gosh this terrible community...

ohaigaise wrote: »
    @the running and skill spamming comments. thats from WoW. lol...

So... is that bad to have? I don't see any problems with this game or any other game having that, or is it maybe just because WoW have and you hate so much WoW and think that this a bad thing?

Read this on MMORPG.com http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/316406/page/3

It's not something that I said, but the credit goes to MMOExposed who wrote this and I find it true. Many people neglect this and that's why most of the MMO's fail to even come close to... you know... the 12 million player game.

Yes WoW clones been ripping off, but at the same time, they leave out Key Features that MADE WOW SUCCESSFUL!

Warhammer, may have taken the faction style of WoW for PvP, but THEY LEFT OUT ENDGAME PVE WHICH WAS THE #1 FEATURE OF VANILLA/X-pac's SUCCESS. I remember those days. I USE TO FOLLOW WARHAMMER ON FAN SITES. I REMEMBER THE BURNING I WOULD GET FOR EVEN MENTIONING PVE ON THOSE FORUMS. HOW IN THE WORLD COULD MYTHIC ADD ENDGAME PVE WITH A RABID FORUM FANBASE LIKE THAT WHICH WOULD GET VERY ANGRY AT THE SLIGHTEST MENTION OF PVE IN WARHAMMER."WAR IS A PVP GAME,,, IF YOU WANT PVE, GO BACK TO WOW". I AM WILLING TO ASSUME THAT IF YOU WERE TO GOOGLE THAT STATEMENT YOU LIKELY WOULD RUN INTO THOSE OLD WARHAMMER FORUM THREADS IF THEY HADNT BEEN DELETED.

Think about the stuff I just said in the caps. Its what Developers fear. They dont want to anger their fanbase. And they know,,,, EVEN THE MOST CLONEY OF WOW CLONES, WILL HAVE FANBASE THAT SHOW MAJOR HATRED TO ANYTHING WOW RELATED. (CASE AND POINT AT RIFT's FORUM FANBASE IF YOU WANT PROOF)

List:

*Rift - Didnt include cross server LFG system, because it fear it would be similar to WoW's LFG system, which is getting bashed on their forums by rabid WoW haters.

*Warhammer - again the PvE endgame. Read the caps. No Cross Server Instanced PvP. BECAUSE WOW HAS IT!!! BAH BAH BAH

*Guild Wars 2 - No Raiding form of Instanced PvE and no Mounts because WoW haters hate those things cause WoW has Raiding as its number 1 feature, and it has tons of Mounts. I seen this argument time and time again by WoW haters/GW fans.

*LoTRO - No PvP cause WoW has PvP argument. smh

the list goes on. time and time again

I never said WoW thought of anything.

Its just logically stupid, to be afraid of taking ideas from a Development WHICH HAS ITS WHOLE SUCCESS THANKS TO STEALING IDEAS FROM OTHERS!!! so why AVOID IDEAS FROM WOW? THEY MOST OF THE TIME COME FROM NON-WOW GAMES....... Just compare WoW(TBC) to WoW(WOTLK). now take those key differences and compare it to Warhammer Online (hype phase).... You can clearly see why Warhammer seemed Less Original.... THATS BECAUSE WOW STOLE IDEAS FROM A BRAND NEW MMO AND POLISHED IT UP TO COMPETE WITH THAT VERY SAME MMO THAT CAME UP WITH THE IDEAS!!!! WHICH MAKES THAT NEW MMORPG SEEM EVEN MORE LIKE A WOW CLONE THEN IT ACTUALLY IS.... ONCE A MMO GET THAT TITLE ITS OVER!! BLIZZARD WINS AGAIN!!

BLIZZARD IS A DEMONIC GENIUS, or a DIABLO GENIUS!!!!! (pun intended ofc)

Back to the ORANGE part I typed.

+

Why is it ok from a WoW Fan point of view, for Blizzard to take ideas from other games

Yet from a (insert any other MMORPG) fan, its not ok to steal ideas from other games. Hey like I said before. Those ideas in WoW, most of the time come from some other source in the market.

If WoW Wants Class System from Everquest,,, thats ok,,,,, But if (Insert post WoW Themepark MMO) also wants the class system from Everquest,,, it is now labled a WoW Clone.

Check this **** out. I made a damn thread on this matter as well.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4223981#4223981

When Rabid Forum posters and MMO site reviews start going off about the WoW clone thingy,,, they automatically become the Anti-Advertisment.

WoW is like GTA. Remember how much bad press a GTA Clone would get, even if it was good? Well that was a long time ago, but times has changed, and people moved away from bashing GTA clones, because in some cases they turn out better than GTA itself.

Right now,, the MMORPG genre Community base are in the old times of GTA. Anything that Clones it, automatically get the downrating. This basically demotivates Developers from Building up off of that other Game, rather than starting from scratch.

UnSurprisingly this is What BLIZZARD DID TO REACH WOW's SUCCESS.... THEY BUILT UP OFF OF WHERE EVERQUEST LEFT OFF,,,, NOT START NEW NEWIE!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Risette - Eyrda
    Risette - Eyrda Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Woah! That was alot of reading. .-.
  • Kalza - Storm Legion
    Kalza - Storm Legion Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Woah! That was alot of reading. .-.

TL;DR it sounded like stupid QQ from the OP till now.
    Less Visa, More Skill, EZ
    fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=2778121
  • ohaigaise
    ohaigaise Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    So... is that bad to have? I don't see any problems with this game or any other game having that, or is it maybe just because WoW have and you hate so much WoW and think that this a bad thing?

its been said it before. ORBS. talk about an advantage over melee classes...

did i ever say i hated wow? i just find it funny how you talk out your ****. do you even play this game? do you secretly work for blizzard to prompt even more business for them? if not please teach me the art of farting out words.
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    Luciferia - Illyfue Posts: 3,982 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Ok... when a new game comes out and has few features similar to WoW, people are quick to scream "WOWCLONE!!!!"
    And now we've got people screaming "NOT ENOUGH OF A WOWCLONE!!! NEED MOAR!!!"

Seriously... stop saying a game should be like this or like that just because some company was succesful with making their game a certain way.

Factions are good... yup, they are in a game designed from the ground up to give enphasis to PVP, otherwise they have no reason of existance, and you'd be better off pitting everyone on one side...

Moving combat is interesting if it actually makes the gameplay require more skill... and nope, in WOW it does the exact opposite.
    Why does everyone hate standing combat anyway? Did anyone ever complain that Final Fantasy games have standing combat? No, because there is no point to it.

Just to keep this as short as I can... you can't complain and say that a game should have been designed in a completely another way. Do you complain that basketball should be drastically changed, to look more like soccer for example? No. You may change a few minor things here and there to make it potentially better, but it still doesn't change the fact that it will practically remain the same because the guys who created it decided it should be done that way, period! And it's not a soccer clone because it has a ball and is played by teams...=.=
    Similarly, FW is not a mixture of WoW, Lineage or anything other, with elements that should have been mixed up differently... It is FW and it will be what it is, deal with it.

Last but not least: more mounts, more armours, more diversity, more, more, more... yup, it is always nice to have more. I would like more myself as well. But when judging a game the number of different mounts is OBVIOUSLY the least important of your concerns...

PS. KEEP THOSE DAMN WOW FANBOYS FROM OTHER SITES WHERE THEY ARE. WE HAVE ENOUGH HERE ALREADY, WE DON'T NEED MORE, TY (end of mini-rant)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lunalu - Storm Legion
    Lunalu - Storm Legion Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    By the way OP, you can left click to walk in case you didn't know. A lot mmo's out there won't even have click to walk, and WASD is your only option. Consider yourself lucky. :)

Also, this game is technically still in beta. That means it's not going to be as good as when it's fully live, so of course there will be issues.
    I don't get why people are already level 60, especially since there's more content to come. At max level you will have missed a lot of stuff they put in for lower levels. (I know there are alts you can make, but still)
    Seems a bit boring to spam GT everyday to get to 60 when the game isn't even out of beta. >.<
  • Valini - Eyrda
    Valini - Eyrda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Ok... when a new game comes out and has few features similar to WoW, people are quick to scream "WOWCLONE!!!!"
    And now we've got people screaming "NOT ENOUGH OF A WOWCLONE!!! NEED MOAR!!!"

Seriously... stop saying a game should be like this or like that just because some company was succesful with making their game a certain way.

Factions are good... yup, they are in a game designed from the ground up to give enphasis to PVP, otherwise they have no reason of existance, and you'd be better off pitting everyone on one side...

Moving combat is interesting if it actually makes the gameplay require more skill... and nope, in WOW it does the exact opposite.
    Why does everyone hate standing combat anyway? Did anyone ever complain that Final Fantasy games have standing combat? No, because there is no point to it.

Just to keep this as short as I can... you can't complain and say that a game should have been designed in a completely another way. Do you complain that basketball should be drastically changed, to look more like soccer for example? No. You may change a few minor things here and there to make it potentially better, but it still doesn't change the fact that it will practically remain the same because the guys who created it decided it should be done that way, period! And it's not a soccer clone because it has a ball and is played by teams...=.=
    Similarly, FW is not a mixture of WoW, Lineage or anything other, with elements that should have been mixed up differently... It is FW and it will be what it is, deal with it.

Last but not least: more mounts, more armours, more diversity, more, more, more... yup, it is always nice to have more. I would like more myself as well. But when judging a game the number of different mounts is OBVIOUSLY the least important of your concerns...

PS. KEEP THOSE DAMN WOW FANBOYS FROM OTHER SITES WHERE THEY ARE. WE HAVE ENOUGH HERE ALREADY, WE DON'T NEED MORE, TY (end of mini-rant)

All mmos are WoW clones, no exceptions.
    Yes, this includes mmos made in the year 2003 or earlier, text-based mmos, online shooters, browser mmos, hello kitty online...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "U are an arrogant person, who thinks to be the best,
    who thinks u can correct things on ppl, even without knowin who u talk to." -some nub
    Damn right desu~
  • ohaigaise
    edited May 2011
    By the way OP, you can left click to walk in case you didn't know. A lot mmo's out there won't even have click to walk, and WASD is your only option. Consider yourself lucky. :)

Also, this game is technically still in beta. That means it's not going to be as good as when it's fully live, so of course there will be issues.
    I don't get why people are already level 60, especially since there's more content to come. At max level you will have missed a lot of stuff they put in for lower levels. (I know there are alts you can make, but still)
    Seems a bit boring to spam GT everyday to get to 60 when the game isn't even out of beta. >.<
    people play differently. i know full well that theres nothing to do at 60 currently, but its what i like to do in a mmo. leveling up is my enjoyment.
  • Lyzern - Illyfue
    Lyzern - Illyfue Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    All mmos are WoW clones, no exceptions.
    Yes, this includes mmos made in the year 2003 or earlier, text-based mmos, online shooters, browser mmos, hello kitty online...

Agree
    Pure Support Bard Guide:

fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=171271

Vote for Flagging System/PvP Realms on PvE Servers:

fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=176141
  • Chimera - Eyrda
    Chimera - Eyrda Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    wow some really stupid out there o_O

cs can give you a huge advantage in PvP
    i don't see why someone from pve server would reply about pvp matters lol

yes upgrades are easy to get for non csers but masteries and resistances aren't
    also getting lvl 4+ gems if you don't cs isn't easy

csers (heavy ones not the 150$ spenders) can pretty much solo a whole party even if half of them have red hand (seen it happen)

so no, a skilled player can never beat a cashshoper

but as every game it will shut down eventually then you can laugh at them for spending so much on pixels lol
  • ouriel125
    edited May 2011
    ohaigaise wrote: »
    its been said it before. ORBS. talk about an advantage over melee classes...

did i ever say i hated wow? i just find it funny how you talk out your ****. do you even play this game? do you secretly work for blizzard to prompt even more business for them? if not please teach me the art of farting out words.

Saying that the caster have advantage over the melee is stereotypical. Everything is balanced, because melee's can kill casters and casters can kill melee's in WoW. It's stupid to say that because WoW have moving combat this game should not have. It's alright if it follow the traditional combat system, stand and attack.

@Luci, WoW's combat play important role when moving. To avoid spells you will need pillar hack; this is important in the Arena. It doesn't do the opposite as you say. Also FF's combat is turned based, so it's different than this one.

Also having features that made WoW successful is fine, at least it's fine to me. Those who call WoW clones are the one that are trolling on the gaming websites.
    What is so bad to have end game like WoW have? I don't mean literaly the same, but to have those interesting elements that make the raids fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    edited May 2011
    Having endgame like WOW is not bad. You can copy everything WOW has, I don't care because it would probably make a good game. RoM is a fantastic game and they obviously copied WOW right down to the loading screens, then just added a couple of extra features (just so that Blizzard could not sue them for theft I guess). It's fine, 'cause in the end they made a good game, that has it's own identity despite looking so much like another.
    But saying a game should have something, not because it is interesting or it will make the game better, but mainly "because WOW" has it is plain stupid.

I would like to see undead and/or welewolf races in FW because they are COOL, not because WOW has them.
    I would like to see 24 people raids on epic dungeons because, again, it would be cool. I couldn't care less if any other game has them.
    In short, "Because WOW has it" is not a valid arguement. What's more, you should know by now that the only thing the mentioning of WOW does in such forums is raise a storm of anti-WOW-ism comments anyway...

And moving combat adds skill when you have a non-targeting combat system. In MMOs with auto-targeting, like WOW and FW, the only thing moving combat does is making it EASIER to kite. And that's about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ouriel125
    edited May 2011
    Well, that is what I am suggesting. But when I mentioned a werewolf race here in the suggestion forums I was said to go and play WoW. It's not like WoW have to have those things, but those races are cool and why it wouldn't be interesting to have it here.
    I honestly haven't seen any MMORPG to have the undead race, only Allods with that mixture of an undead robot.

As for the moving part, I guess you didn't understand me quite well. :) It plays pretty big role when doing arena's. If you play a caster and you are against other caster so to avoid hitting by that spell you will need to go behind that wall or pillar, or if you want to survive and you are on low HP while using some spells you take the cover behind that wall or pillar and let your healer heal you.
    I really like the concept of Line of Sight WoW have, which I won't find in most of the games. I know that AO have that, but not sure about RoM as I've never played it.

But we already gone off topic way too much, I guess we should stick to the topic. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bloodredmage
    bloodredmage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Why does everyone hate standing combat anyway?

Because attacking while moving along with other features that allow more freedom does require more skill.Having manual targeting in the game and maybe even have a few skills/attacks that work w/o having a target would make it so that you'd have to actually have a good aim in order to hit some1 and the other player has the possibility to dodge some attacks,especially those big 1 hitter moves so it's also another good feature that requires more from a player in terms of gameplay skill.

Unlike here & in other similar games if one player has much higher stats than you and just facerolls on his keyboard there isn't much you can do with your own skill to avoid those attacks.At best,you can use some skills that might make you immunte to dmg or increase your eva,def a lot IF your class has such things which would pretty much be the only skill you'd need in this static combat - using those skills at the right time.Well,you're required to have that timing in all games and it's nothing more than a gaming basic ; ones with a lot of movement freedom as well along with what I already stated at the start of my post are no exception.

In FW,this basic is also very easy to learn.At least the orbs add a few more options to a fight such as collecting them & attempting to kill your opponent fast or try to finish him off while he's attempting to collect them.I'd think it would've been a good feature if they'd have thought about this more which they didn't.While orbs add a bit more to the game's pvp,redhands shouldn't last this long or be this powerful and there shouldn't be CCs that are very long lasting(especially since there are very few ways of escaping one in this game,so far only the human racial) thus allowing one to collect orbs freely while the other can do nothing but watch & expect to get 1-2 shot.

Ofc,if your stats are higher than the other player you can survive things like that.But the only "skill" required to do that would be your ability to merch effectively.The rest is whoever CS's or plays more.
  • gunsnblazes
    gunsnblazes Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I only started today on a PvE server (forgot the name >.<) and the only problems I have with it so far is the fat that when you use the ASWD keys to move, the screen does not move with you. Other than that the fact that I am a sharp shooter and can not find a single partner to level with is slightly irritating...probably because healers run off before I can reply to their healers but anyhow...sure I am only around level 14 has part of it...but not being able to talk the ANYONE through local chat pisses me off...This game is one of the best f2p mmo games I have played mainly because it 1. has an actual background/storyline 2. The money system prevents spammers lagging up the channel 3. quest are rewarding and 4. The amount of classes and jobs far out strip most other mmos IE: Flyff.

The I have had my say.
  • Aesica - Lionheart
    Aesica - Lionheart Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Clearly you haven't done much wow pvp then. Allow me to educate you! In wow, having good mobility and knowing how to use it is a key factor to winning. An undergeared character can beat one that outclasses him gearwise by making excellent use of mobility in addition to key abilities.

If you're a ranged class, and you just stand still and mash your buttons, I can easily LoS you as ranged, or dance around you and (in addition to interrupting your casts) possibly end up ruining a cast or two if I happen to be behind you when it finishes.

If you're a melee class, then its very easy to get and stay behind you so that my attacks succeed while yours do not if I'm also melee. If I'm ranged...well yeah, you have to move in order to hit me, but the stand-still types typically are pretty easy to put some distance on.
    Because it turns into a game of "who has better gear" and "who can DDR-combo their skills in the best order" and really nothing more. Mobile combat adds an extra dimension which actually increases the skill cap.

Also, Final Fantasy MMOs are terrible.
    That's funny, because it sure looks like one!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    edited June 2011
    Clearly you haven't done much wow pvp then. Allow me to educate you! In wow, having good mobility and knowing how to use it is a key factor to winning. An undergeared character can beat one that outclasses him gearwise by making excellent use of mobility in addition to key abilities.

If you're a ranged class, and you just stand still and mash your buttons, I can easily LoS you as ranged, or dance around you and (in addition to interrupting your casts) possibly end up ruining a cast or two if I happen to be behind you when it finishes.

If you're a melee class, then its very easy to get and stay behind you so that my attacks succeed while yours do not if I'm also melee. If I'm ranged...well yeah, you have to move in order to hit me, but the stand-still types typically are pretty easy to put some distance on.

Because it turns into a game of "who has better gear" and "who can DDR-combo their skills in the best order" and really nothing more. Mobile combat adds an extra dimension which actually increases the skill cap.

Actually, standing combat requires far more skill than moving combat, simply because you have to CHOOSE what will benefit you most in any case, moving or attacking.
    Being a ranged class with moving combat is rediculusly easy, simply target an opponent, keep the down arrow pressed and mash your keyboard. No challenge at all, if you have good gear the opponent will probably not even touch you before they die...
    Now if you had tried to kite in FW you would know how hard it actually is.

Mobile combat makes it probably feel more "alive", but standing combat is the one that actually introduces strategy and skill...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ohaigaise
    edited June 2011
    mages probably have the best tools for collecting orbs. you want them to be able to collect orbs AND attack you? lolz, it works in wow, not in FW.
  • Aesica - Lionheart
    edited June 2011
    Actually, standing combat requires far more skill than moving combat, simply because you have to CHOOSE what will benefit you most in any case, moving or attacking.
    That's strategy, not skill. Skill in moving combat requires you to move around in addition to facerolling your buttons in the right order. In standing combat, the AND becomes an OR.
    Being a ranged class with moving combat is rediculusly easy, simply target an opponent, keep the down arrow pressed and mash your keyboard. No challenge at all, if you have good gear the opponent will probably not even touch you before they die...
    The fact that you say this tells me that you really don't have a lot of experience in moving combat settings. In wow, melee has all the tools it needs to get an opponent into/keep an opponent in melee range. As someone who has played both melee and ranged there, I can tell you that melee actually has it easier. (with the exception of hunters, but nobody respects that class so it's all good)
    Now if you had tried to kite in FW you would know how hard it actually is.
    I bet it is, mostly because FW's movement and controls are somewhat clumsy. Once you start using an ability, it's something of a battle to get your character to stop using it in time to move. "I use lightning slash just as a blue circle spawns under me in GT. FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU~!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    edited June 2011
    The fact that you say this tells me that you really don't have a lot of experience in moving combat settings. In wow, melee has all the tools it needs to get an opponent into/keep an opponent in melee range. As someone who has played both melee and ranged there, I can tell you that melee actually has it easier. (with the exception of hunters, but nobody respects that class so it's all good)

Since when did this become a WOWvsFW discussion? Really, we are talking about moving combat, not wow combat. I don't know how it really works in wow, since I've only played a Warlock there for a couple of hours before deleting the whole thing from my computer...
    But there are lots and lots of MMOs out there with moving combat, I am basing my views off all those I have played.

And the thing is, in point and click games like WOW or ROM or any else, moving combat doesn't add any skill at all. Movement only adds skill if it actually has any effect to accuracy, if you have to actually aim skills etc. I mean, you can move any way you like, and you can still hit/get hit just as if you were standing still. And since you insist on making wow as an exaple... youtube is full of videos of players bunnyhopping around a running target and hits still connect as normal. How is that skill??? In FW, if you swing a sword at a target and the target moves a meter back, then the hit won't connect, and you'll have to redo the attack. Which means you have to predict where the target will have moved by the time you have finished casting, and position yourself accordingly.
    And I have explained already how kiting requires more planning and SKILL to pull off when you can't just constantly run away while shooting fireballs/healing at the same time.

tl:dr Moving combat requires extra skill only when it is not accompanied with auto-targeting. In point and click games it just makes it so that you don't have to think of what exactly you're doing or you have to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesica - Lionheart
    edited June 2011
    Since when did this become a WOWvsFW discussion?
    What? I can't use a well-known game as an example of how moving combat takes more skill than stand-and-spam? If I didn't know any better, I'd say you had some huge chip on your shoulder against wow. I don't care why though, your reasons are your own I suppose.
    Really, we are talking about moving combat, not wow combat. I don't know how it really works in wow, since I've only played a Warlock there for a couple of hours before deleting the whole thing from my computer...
    But there are lots and lots of MMOs out there with moving combat, I am basing my views off all those I have played.
    If you'd stuck with your warlock, you would likely have a better understanding of the game's mechanics and thus, would know.

Overall, I think you've played some pretty bad examples of moving-combat games if you think sitting in one place and mashing skills as they come off cooldown somehow takes more skill than doing so while on the move. All the MMOs I've played only raised the skill cap by utilizing fluid movement in place of "stand and spam."
    And the thing is, in point and click games like WOW or ROM or any else, moving combat doesn't add any skill at all. Movement only adds skill if it actually has any effect to accuracy, if you have to actually aim skills etc. I mean, you can move any way you like, and you can still hit/get hit just as if you were standing still. And since you insist on making wow as an exaple... youtube is full of videos of players bunnyhopping around a running target and hits still connect as normal. How is that skill???
    Because in moving combat games like wow, controls are more responsive than in games like fw. Attacks have criteria such as "must be facing the target, behind the target, within X distance, at least X distance away, etc." Even though you seem to be judging "bunny hopping" (moving around) as no-skill, realize that the person doing it has to be both pressing movement buttons as well as ability buttons. The reason they "bunny hop" (move around) is to position themselves in such a way that their attacks connect and (if possible) their opponent's do not.

While it might not be on the same level as FPS games, there definitely is an accuracy component here. If we're fighting, and I'm constantly skipping behind you, it's quite likely that some of your attacks are failing because I'm not in front of you. What if you're casting a ranged spell, and I skip behind a wall to break line of sight before it finishes? In wow, (AND OTHER SUCH GAMES SO YOU DON'T FREAK OUT ABOUT THIS BEING WOW VS FW AGAIN) that ability will fail.
    In FW, if you swing a sword at a target and the target moves a meter back, then the hit won't connect, and you'll have to redo the attack. Which means you have to predict where the target will have moved by the time you have finished casting, and position yourself accordingly.
    In mobile-pvp games, it is the same way except abilities are more responsive. Melee abilities are, for the most part instant, so it's stick-and-move instead of having to wind up that ridiculously slow warrior slash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Luciferia - Illyfue
    edited June 2011
    Overall, I think you've played some pretty bad examples of moving-combat games if you think sitting in one place and mashing skills as they come off cooldown somehow takes more skill than doing so while on the move.

Why would you think I'm doing that? Only protectors and assasins can seriously expect to win without moving around in a fight.
    As a blood vampire, I have to set curses and attack, use bat form to run away and heal, then attack again, use bind so I can gather orbs unobstructed, then attack again, then use bat form again to runaway, heal and return to battle and so on, till one of the 2 dies.
    Warriors have to back off every once in a while to use charge, or they are easy prey as well.

You obviously haven't yet met anyone good enough to let you understand how staying in one place mashing your buttons in FW will just get you easily killed...
    Seriouly, if you don't know how to play the damn game, don't try and judge it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesica - Lionheart
    edited June 2011
    Seriouly, if you don't know how to play the damn game, don't try and judge it...
    Why not? You and your few-hour-warlock did the same thing. Also, it seems that you actually do understand the importance of mobility in combat and, based on your last post, are even suggesting that this game requires mobility in order to pvp successfully. Does that mean it's a moving-combat game after all? Are you arguing that a game with cumbersome movement controls is better than one with more fluid controls?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Grimspark - Lionheart
    Grimspark - Lionheart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I love it when they start off with "I have 1000 years gaming exp so I'm leet."

Well I started with the Atari too. And you ARE a noob who just doesn't get the game.

The currency system is dual to prevent gold sellers. Didn't you wonder why you didn't see any spammers around?

Real money for combat proficiency? Are you out of your mind? ONE person splurges cash because they don't know how to play and that's suddenly reality? How could you be so naive? I thought you had EXPERIENCE?

PVP I can't speak to because I haven't tried it in this game yet. Yes, not being able to move while attacking is inferior. Or is it? Moving while attacking means you can kite until your favorite skills cool down. To me that's less skill than if you have to pause, requiring an increase in distance judgement and timing and better combos. Yes, your other points are good. But don't start a new game with a closed mind next time.
  • Axym - Lionheart
    Axym - Lionheart Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Having endgame like WOW is not bad. You can copy everything WOW has, I don't care because it would probably make a good game. RoM is a fantastic game and they obviously copied WOW right down to the loading screens, then just added a couple of extra features (just so that Blizzard could not sue them for theft I guess). It's fine, 'cause in the end they made a good game, that has it's own identity despite looking so much like another.
    But saying a game should have something, not because it is interesting or it will make the game better, but mainly "because WOW" has it is plain stupid.

I would like to see undead and/or welewolf races in FW because they are COOL, not because WOW has them.
    I would like to see 24 people raids on epic dungeons because, again, it would be cool. I couldn't care less if any other game has them.
    In short, "Because WOW has it" is not a valid arguement. What's more, you should know by now that the only thing the mentioning of WOW does in such forums is raise a storm of anti-WOW-ism comments anyway...

And moving combat adds skill when you have a non-targeting combat system. In MMOs with auto-targeting, like WOW and FW, the only thing moving combat does is making it EASIER to kite. And that's about it.

can I put +infinity? No? QQ +1 it is then.

Also:
    1) Currency: this really does deter gold farmers, and if you'd like to tell me otherwise, please bring me a real estimate of the amount of people using, not your guess, but actual surveys what not. It was mentioned before that people already are farming. Well no duh, it's a way to get money, there will ALWAYS be someone trying to cheat the system, you can't get around that. However this currency system makes it HARDER so LESS people do it. I've played several games where no such thing existed and was CONSTANTLY spammed with "buy gold here" I haven't seen this since week 2 of ob, and that person was shut down pretty quickly. Given, what gold they were selling in week 2 is beyond me, but their choice. You mentioned two websites, I find that an excessively low number considering the amount of websites there are for the other mmo's and WoW. This currency system isn't meant to STOP gold farmers, because that's impossible and I'm sure pwe knows that, it's to LOWER the amount of people doing it. Also, if you really want to buy gold, it's called a cash shop. Seriously. Heck you can even just sell your leaves to get gold without actually buying statues/items and selling them, or doing Midas. PWE knows this stuff, they can't not. But they are trying to level the playing field so that ALL can buy money if they so choose and not risk getting their account ****/ripped of all money (seriously how do you think those people make so much money? :rolleyes:)

2) PVP: I'm a pve server so I can't comment "legitamely" but having had played a movement/pvp based mmo (Allods if you must know) and this both extensively, honestly there's not much difference. As stated before, a movement kill system just makes it easier to kite, which other players know and account for. :rolleyes: As a mm, I tend to kite in pvp duels alot, and I was a cc'er in Allods, so yeah, I know about kiting.... but I won't claim to be an expert.

3) Controls: each mmo is different and yes you can use mouse to move, but probably not in the way you want:rolleyes:

just my 2 cents... though I think I dropped a but more :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As long as I'm captain, the rum shall never be gone.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes courtesy of Deltatroopa
  • Celennes - Illyfue
    Celennes - Illyfue Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    One of the best movies ever! Oh we weren't talking about movies... my bad. :D
    My 50 cents, or was it 2 cents?

Celennes - Level 90 frost mage. New sig coming "soon". | <Balerion Slayer> |
    <Hero of Summit of Elements> |
  • I_trinity_ - Nyos
    I_trinity_ - Nyos Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Ok so im new to this game but would consider myself to have about 6 years MMO xp & over 25 years of gaming xp (Atari 2600 was my first console). So im not a total noob that just doesn't get the game.

The Good -
    - Nice Graphics, Armour sets look pretty sweet ( although the designs are limited), not to much lag, nice ideas for classes/races, nice ideas for crafting.

The Bad -
    - Currency system sucks, Quest lines are limited or require you to have some lvl in socialite which is kinda hard to lvl fast, so far all instances have been zerg fest with no real tacts or group structure, pretty much no HP/MP recovery without pots or drinks/food, lvling is slow after 25

The Ugly -
    - Combat system is pretty poor, the game relies heavily on spending Real Money if you wanna be a cut above the rest (already I heard 1 person saying he was gonna spend $150 on money WTF), you cannot attack while running, you cannot use mouse to run or move

Add more if u like but dont flame those are my observations so far and may change over time.

My biggest beef is with the crazy combat system (no hitting on the move or instant combat attacks on the move) I find it very hard to believe that this game takes any skill when it comes to PVP?
    I mean it just seems to me that its gonna be the guy that can hit/burst the fastest thats gonna win? movement plays a big part in pvp skill and this game seems to lack fluency when fighting. Seems to me its the people who are willing to spend to most money on gold that are gonna win due to having better stats/equip etc.

That kinda ruins the game for me as it seems that the skill element is based on how deep ur pockets are :(

anyway I will play some more and see if I can stick the grind

I wont defend the game like all these other guy's like u hurt there girlfriend or there mom, i dont take this game serieus any game actuly but im having fun here tho.

Anyway your sying to our self enough, u dont like the game just leave it or look for anoher game where u can have fun, it's best to have fun rather then complain jst leave and no one will hate u.